• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I received a notice that my copy will arrive on the 12th (Thurs), so no, the Japanese version has not been delayed.

i just can't wait to get online with everyone here, i only have about 3 friends that are getting the game, all of which kinda suck at fighting games (it's true, as arrogant as that may sound). so a good majority of my tough matches are gonna be from guys on here!!!

Those Fei Long videos give me hope that he really is a viable option.

His roll is confusing, though. I thought it was supposed to give you frame advantage as well as a cross up, but in the third video I saw him use the EX roll against Sagat, and Sagat just Ultra'd him before the roll was complete, or Fei Long had a chance to do anything. I similar shenanigans against Cammy, too.

Confusing.

Oh, and Viper pulled a Makoto. Everyone thought they were terrible until their combos were just put together. I guess someone figured out the equivalent of Makoto's Command Throw + SAII + shoryuken + shoryuken + shoryuken.

EraldoCoil said:
i just can't wait to get online with everyone here, i only have about 3 friends that are getting the game, all of which kinda suck at fighting games (it's true, as arrogant as that may sound). so a good majority of my tough matches are gonna be from guys on here!!!

Good players come from shitty players in time.

Assuming they're not a bunch of quitter pussies. ;)

Sallokin

haunts said:
I cant really comment on new characters but ill say there is more than meets the eye with cammy.. just found out today. i was like O_O

Duuuuuuuuude as a Cammy player this has me super hyped. Can't fucking wait.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Oichi said:
No, it works perfectly with the explanation I gave. Looking at how the ranks are distributed among the various games not only tells you the difference in power between characters in those games, but it also tells you their viability.

The fact that SFIV's rankings are considered from S to B is a damn good thing. At worst characters like Claw and Guile are considered average. Compare this with KOF98, which has a tier list from A to F, and is from the SAME ISSUE that the SFIV tier list is in. This tells you that there is more variation in KOF (6 tiers compared to SF4's 4), and that the bottom tier characters in KOF98 are considered not viable characters in a tournament -- they're F ranked for a reason -- compared to SF4's bottom tier.

Well, is this KOF98 or KOF98UM?

98 I'll give you, but UM is a different beast entirely.

You can't compare tier listings between games. B tier in one game is not the same as B tier in another game.

I agree with you balance is a damn good and needed thing that some devs don't care nearly enough about.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So Im doing this Sakura redesign, in my mind I see her ditching the schoolgirl outfit but she still has sporty clothing, trackpants (that are tattered up by the ankles due to use), unkempt longer hair (shoulder height), sleeve less hoodie so that the hoodie hanging ressembles the shape of the schoolgirl outfit and other little things (I thought it would be cool if she had Ryus red bandana wrapped around her fist)

I think as a bit more grown up character she no longer just idolizes Ryu, she wants to beat him but she still clings to the past a little bit, and her training has been rough on her, shes more tough now.

You guys think it would be too agaisnt her character if she didnt look super chirpy or had her white bandanna around her forehead?

The Take Out Bandit said:
Good players come from shitty players in time.

Assuming they're not a bunch of quitter pussies. ;)

their time span with a game is usually about 1 or 2 months then a trade for "the next big game" one of em had third strike for about a year and, i shit you not, just barely learned how to parry. i'm not saying i'm a god at SF but it gets kinda boring playing with friends that give you little to no challenge.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Raging Spaniard said:
So Im doing this Sakura redesign, in my mind I see her ditching the schoolgirl outfit but she still has sporty clothing, trackpants (that are tattered up by the ankles due to use), unkempt longer hair (shoulder height), sleeve less hoodie so that the hoodie hanging ressembles the shape of the schoolgirl outfit and other little things (I thought it would be cool if she had Ryus red bandana wrapped around her fist)

I think as a bit more grown up character she no longer just idolizes Ryu, she wants to beat him but she still clings to the past a little bit, and her training has been rough on her, shes more tough now.

You guys think it would be too agaisnt her character if she didnt look super chirpy or had her white bandanna around her forehead?

she needs bigger boobs cause she got older too...

..yea..

Raging Spaniard said:

I'm all for new outfits. She might look too bizarre without the headband though. And yeah, she doesn't have to be super chirpy but I don't think a serious sakura looks good either.

serious, ugly.
capcom-sakura.jpg

no headband, ugly.
Sakura-Thecherryblossomgirl.jpg

Certain attacks have "armor" which means they can absorb a hit and continue with the attack.

"armor breaking" attacks break the armor immediately, offering the opponent no protection.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:

I picture her with his headband on her head still. Maybe off to the side like Noriko in Gunbuster or something. For example. http://i44.tinypic.com/1elz41.gif

Great thoughts there though. Good stuff.

LordK

Guled said:
Are the anime cutscenes in the arcade mode for the into only, or are they anime cutscenes at the end also?

Pretty sure they are there for intro and end. I've seen Ryu's intro and Ryu's end ones.

"I wonder if I'll be able to get my copy this Thursday? ::crosses fingers::"

Ordered from Capcom? They say Feb 17th on the site, but in the invoice email they sent me, they say it has an expected date of the 12th. I hope that sticks.

I fail in Street Fighter..

Focus Attack Dash Cancelling? - What?

Cancelling - What?

Wake ups - What?

I fail in so many ways.. I guess I have a lot to learn.. I'm decent in SF2THDR at least! :lol

Raging Spaniard said:

I think this artist nailed it :), the bandanna part
Sakura___Street_Fighter_IV_by_mynando.jpg

n3ss

aka acr0nym
JEKKI said:
Street Fighter launch party??

I'll be there! Supreme Soul~!!!

I will be there!!! Is there still a gaf meet up? I know A_Rival is going and Mr Jared.

Also, don't know if its been posted but its a tier list from the most recent volume of Tougeki Damashi, vol 12... CRAZYNESS

SF IV

S +

Sagat, Viper(?!?!), Gouki, Zangief

S

Ryu, Bison(Boxer), Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun li, Vega(Dictator), Ken, Dhalshim, Abel, Honda, El Fuerte

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

outsidah said:
Great deal on the CE for PS3 and X360- $68.99 and free ship!

PS3:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=48645596

X360:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=48645667

4% Live Cashback also available

credit to FatWallet!

That's a good deal but DD's free shipping isn't exactly expedient. It could easily take 2 weeks for people to receive their orders. If you're patient, no problem but given the frothing demand for the game in this thread...

outsidah

Bauer Action Hour said:
That's a good deal but DD's free shipping isn't exactly expedient. It could easily take 2 weeks for people to receive their orders. If you're patient, no problem but given the frothing demand for the game in this thread...

Very true. I know I cant wait :D

If have Dhalsim like meditation qualities though... :)

n3ss

aka acr0nym
polyh3dron said:
So who all is going to the LA release party? I know there's me, MarkMan and donkey show but that's all I know of so far.

Add me, A_Rival and Mr Jared to that list.

VaLiancY

I'm sorry, where is this site people are getting artwork templates for their arcade sticks for?

:( I want my stick pimped out.

Edit - Found it, now it's time to remember how to use this damn Photoshop again.

Ledsen

haunts said:
I cant really comment on new characters but ill say there is more than meets the eye with cammy.. just found out today. i was like O_O

I'm so happy to hear that, I was hoping she wouldn't be awful ^_^

decon

Any links for some guides/templates for the HORI Real Arcade Pro 3 stick? I'm going with it over the standard madcatz stick, that's the right choice eh?
I don't have the cash to spend on a tourny stick (will probably end up buying one someday though). Some of your guys art looks awesome :)

Durandal

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:

Need this! Now. Wallpaper (1680x1050) quality and i swear i name my firstborn after you and never change it on this computer again! Will provide proof pics and birth certificate of child.

r4z4

A friend of mine is desperately trying to get hold of the TE stick (He should have pre-ordered!). If there are any UK GAFers who have placed multiple pre-orders and will be able to off load one he is willing to pay the initial price paid + delivery cost. Please let me know via PM. Thanks.

Garcian

Anyone have a cool Bison avatar going spare? Or can Bison up Sgt hartmann? I'm feeling out of the loop with no SF pic under my name :/

ShinAmano

I just watched the Viper Ken match posted and I never noticed until she jumped on his shoulders to electrocute him that he no longer has gold bones...a minor thing, but a disappointment none the less.

ShinAmano said:
I just watched the Viper Ken match posted and I never noticed until she jumped on his shoulders to electrocute him that he no longer has gold bones...a minor thing, but a disappointment none the less.

It doesn't take much to disappoint you :lol

ShinAmano

akachan ningen said:
It doesn't take much to disappoint you :lol
Like I said a 'minor' one...but one that I do think should have been included.

Note this is not stopping me from calling around and checking 7-11 daily to see if I can get my hands on the game early. (already got the pads...now just need the stick and the game)

CAVE343

I had the feeling that the tiers would shift, but not before the release of the console versions :)

Edit: I think I missed the fact that Ken had gold bones before :lol

ShinAmano

bad-joey said:
I had the feeling that the tiers would shift, but not before the release of the console versions :)

Edit: I think I missed the fact that Ken had gold bones before :lol
I have scoured the net but come up empty on a pic of the gold bones, but Ken and Ryu have always had gold bones when electrocuted. Fire up a copy of SF2 its good stuff.

Top Bottom