• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yo dawg i heard u like amazon so we put a tournament edition on your standard edition so you can preorder while you preorder

-Mikey-

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but over at SRK it has been confirmed that with the CE the free costumes that you will get is in fact the Brawler Pack.

Good thing I changed from CE to regular..

Darkman M

-Mikey- said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but over at SRK it has been confirmed that with the CE the free costumes that you will get is in fact the Brawler Pack.

Capcom really fucked over CE buyers with this... I mean i can swallow paying for costumes but this shit is ridiculous.

mintylurb

-Mikey- said:

Daagggerr~~

n3ss

aka acr0nym
I love this thread, people complaining about free shit, people complaining about paying for extra costumes, and people complaining that they can't upload videos if their not good enough.

Especially, since that the replays and tounry ranking system that almost didn't even come out is FREE DLC...

<3 Gaf

TP

-Mikey- said:

Damn, I might switch to the regular edition and buy a points card for the beauty pack
I can buy the full OST later, the figure and movie don't look that great anyway

damn it Capcom :(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
n3ss said:
I love this thread, people complaining about free shit, people complaining about paying for extra costumes, and people complaining that they can't upload videos if their not good enough.

Especially, since that the replays and tounry ranking system that almost didn't even come out is FREE DLC...

<3 Gaf
I'm sure we'll get better complaints when the game comes out. If Capcom ever starts implementing character balance patches then this thread will be filled with requests begging for so and so to be nerfed/buffed. Not to mention the inevitable complaints that the online play isn't 100% perfect.

Still, I would be disappointed if gamers didn't always want improvements. That feedback is part of what motivates developers to try to make their products better.

Prezhulio

-Mikey- said:

seriously....welp i really wanted to keep my version CE even after the pack but i'm definitely changing to regular now. i really have no interest in anyone from the brawlers alts. oh well i guess i really wasn't crazy about the figurine or gimped soundtrack and strategy guide, can't wait till tuesday either way!!

For all the east coast folks I called Gamestop today just to confirm that they'd sent my TE stick UPS and not USPS and they told me to expect it tomorrow. Keep an eye out for yours :D

Guled

I expected it to be the Brawler pack, it's not like they could do it anyother way. Exactly what charactures are in that pack btw

Does anyone know of a play in the USA I can order the 360 Chun Li fightpad? Amazon claims it isn't even out until the 20th and gamestop.com is stupid and won't let people pick the one they want.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The presentation really is impressive as hell - menu looks nice, the art is excellent, and the menus move fast...

Loading times are fast too - oh man, way to make the wait even harder...

Late to the conversation...

But to sum things up:

- TE sticks are back ordered until god knows when correct?
- A entry arcade stick person wouldn't notice to big of a difference between the regular stick and the TE stick?
- I'm assuming you can still pre-order SF4 and get it next week?
- Thanks guys.

Teknoman

VictimOfGrief said:

But to sum things up:

- A entry arcade stick person wouldn't notice to big of a difference between the regular stick and the TE stick?
- Thanks guys.

A.) I think so
B.) Pretty much, but the standard fight stick is actually pretty good
C.) Should be able to. Not the collectors edition though
D.) You're welcome

outsidah

VictimOfGrief said:

But to sum things up:

- Thanks guys.

1) April from what Ive heard at least
2) Correct, I would still go for the TE eventually if I were you
3) Yes

R-User!

Kintaro said:
A+ is pre-ordering a TE stick for both consoles. :D

If you're saying that you're in the A+ club cuz u did that yourself, then that makes 2 of us! *high five*
So close to... Wait! I forgot that I have an old MAS stick stowed away, so I think that bumps me up to muthafuckin' S-rank baby! :D I'll edit if his "tier list" says something else, but if I am S-rank, then sorry 4 the mix-up... :D

R-User!

haunts said:
Here is a Tier List.

S+ : Had a stick for all systems before TE stick or SFIV was announced.

A: Preordered/Purchased TE stick

B: Preordered/Purchased Fight Stick Standard Edition

C: Preordered/Purchased HRAP of some sort

D: Purchased DOA Stick used on ebay for 50 bucks more than its worth.

E: Purchased Mayflash Stock stick

F: Dave Long

When u say "all systems" u mean if I own a Genesis then I have to own a stick for that? Or do u mean I have to own a stick for any system that I play fighting games on?... :D

Zapages

Teknoman said:
A.) I think so
D.) You're welcome

What about from buy.com or some best buy???

Thanks guys about nicovideo thing... :)

No_Style

Teknoman said:
Wow. Minor street fighter cameo on Family Guy? Thats a new one. Was just on Adult Swim.

Was it this quote?

Lois: Okay, one more minute, and then if there are two pink lines...
Peter: Oh god, I hope you're not pregnant, we can't afford another kid. We already got Chris, Stewey, Richie, Joanie, Greg, Marsha, Bobby, Jan, Mike Seaver, Carol Seaver, Boner, Urkel, Mr. Furley...
Brian: Peter those aren't your kids, that's the Nick-at-Night lineup.
Peter: Blanka, Zangeif, Chun-Li, Guile, E. Honda...
Brian: That's Street Fighter.
Peter: Red, blue, green...
Brian: Those are colors.

Teknoman said:
A.) I think so
D.) You're welcome

Thanks Tek and Outsiah.

From the sounds of it... the regular edition is the way to go since it seems DLC is going to be added on later that the Collectors Edition won't get anyways correct?

From the sounds of it---
- Costume pack (Complete) in April $10?
- Brawler pack (??? what is this?) $??

Also--- best place to order or get in line to order the TE sticks?

Blueblur1

Skilotonn said:
The presentation really is impressive as hell - menu looks nice, the art is excellent, and the menus move fast...

Loading times are fast too - oh man, way to make the wait even harder...
Combos in training mode? Oh man, that gets me hot and bothered. Watching these vids is making the wait unbearable. I haven't been this hyped for a game since Halo 2.

Guled

VictimOfGrief said:
Thanks Tek and Outsiah.

From the sounds of it... the regular edition is the way to go since it seems DLC is going to be added on later that the Collectors Edition won't get anyways correct?

From the sounds of it---
- Costume pack (Complete) in April $10?
- Brawler pack (??? what is this?) $??

Also--- best place to order or get in line to order the TE sticks?
no, they are 5 DLC packs and you get the first one for free if you buy the CE. They will be a pack in April that has all the DLC together in a bundle for a cheaper price, but thats a month and a half after the last DLC pack comes out. Also its too late to order the TE sticks anymore. Also, if you want the CE of the game, pre order it asap, they are in limited quantities and its one run only.

Top Bottom