• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Guled said:
no, they are 5 DLC packs and you get the first one for free if you buy the CE. They will be a pack in April that has all the DLC together in a bundle for a cheaper price, but thats a month and a half after the last DLC pack comes out. Also its too late to order the TE sticks anymore. Also, if you want the CE of the game, pre order it asap, they are in limited quantities and its one run only.

So they aren't making anymore of the TE sticks??

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
On Wednesday I'll finally be getting my review build. I should've had it on Saturday, but mix-up with sending it to the wrong address. I can't wait since this preview build they sent me doesn't have Gen, Rose, Fei Long, Dan or Cammy and I'm itching to try them out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
n3ss said:
I just got Hori Real Arcade EX for 360 and despite what IGN says (horrible review by the way) is really nice. Same joystick as the TE, although missing a few features like turbo (which I'd never use), cord storage (nice, but I can live without), being able to mount it to a table (Another feature I'd never use), I'd say its very nice, especially if you replace the stock buttons.

They are different sticks, but I'm just being picky.

lol.

The HRAP EX uses a JLF-TM-8T-SK instead of the TE's JLF-TY-8T-SK. + it doesn't have the 5 pin connector for the stick nor does it have the universal mounting plate.

ashism

Caspel said:
On Wednesday I'll finally be getting my review build. I should've had it on Saturday, but mix-up with sending it to the wrong address. I can't wait since this preview build they sent me doesn't have Gen, Rose, Fei Long, Dan or Cammy and I'm itching to try them out.
I wish you preview guys could take that thing online.

Nice, new tier list incoming! I kid, I kid. :lol

Where are some of you getting your info, that a discounted all-in-one costume pack is being released in April? I know that it's been announced for the Japanese market, but it's absent from the U.S. announcement. Is it just speculation that we'll be, eventually, getting the same offer as Japan, despite Capcom making no mention of a complete costume pack for the U.S., in their DLC announcement? Capcom's U.S. announcement was 320MS pts or $3.99 per 5-character pack, with no mention of a complete package in April.

Despite the disappointment of many, it would make more sense for Capcom not to offer, at least not so early-on, a discounted all-in-one pack. Doing so, would make the DLC voucher worthless for a lot of CE buyers.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
MarkMan said:
They are different sticks, but I'm just being picky.

lol.

The HRAP EX uses a JLF-TM-8T-SK instead of the TE's JLF-TY-8T-SK. + it doesn't have the 5 pin connector for the stick nor does it have the universal mounting plate.

Mr. Picky! But you guys do have the best stick on the market :D

Guled

George Claw M.D. said:
Where are some of you getting your info, that a discounted all-in-one costume pack is being released in April? I know that it's been announced for the Japanese market, but it's absent from the U.S. announcement. Is it just speculation that we'll be, eventually, getting the same offer as Japan, despite Capcom making no mention of a complete costume pack for the U.S., in their DLC announcement? Capcom's U.S. announcement was 320MS pts or $3.99 per 5-character pack, with no mention of a complete package in April.

Despite the disappointment of many, it would make more sense for Capcom not to offer, at least not so early-on, a discounted all-in-one pack. Doing so, would make the DLC voucher worthless for a lot of CE buyers.
its all speculation, but its most likely going to happen since Capcom is doing it with Japan. Also since it comes out in the middle of April, it give CE users 2 months to use their code, thats more then enough time. The reason capcom didn't say anything in the English PR is because they don't want people waiting to buy the bundle

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Capcom also reads SRK, so they know that's what a lot of people on SRK are saying, so they may be holding it out to try to get some of the SRK types to give in.

That said, I think people will wait on this DLC.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
arstal said:
Capcom also reads SRK, so they know that's what a lot of people on SRK are saying, so they may be holding it out to try to get some of the SRK types to give in.

That said, I think people will wait on this DLC.

Capcom reads the whole internets

So what exactly is the problem with the Hori buttons? I have never really owned a stick before but thinking of picking the HRAP with SF4 this thursday. I read that the buttons are harder to replace this time too?

Help a newb out!

Oh and buying in Japan if this makes any difference. I know where I can get buttons in denden.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Stabby McSter said:
HEY CAPCOM MVC3?
This would be a dream come true. But it would take an insane amount of time to make if they want to outdo the 56 characters in MvC2. I do hope this is the next big fighting project. Meanwhile I hope MvC2 is released on PSN and XBLA. The ESRB rating gives me hope. The DC version I have is great but I'd love to use my upcoming stick with it.

Guled said:
its all speculation, but its most likely going to happen since Capcom is doing it with Japan. Also since it comes out in the middle of April, it give CE users 2 months to use their code, thats more then enough time. The reason capcom didn't say anything in the English PR is because they don't want people waiting to buy the bundle
Okay. So, it is speculation. I thought, maybe I missed some news about an all-in-one pack for N.A.. But if that is Capcom's strategy, then the next question would be, "Why aren't they, also, withholding info about the all-in-one pack in Japan?" I guess all will be revealed, in time.

I would, actually, be one of those people to wait on an all-in-one pack, unless it's many months out. However, if there is no official announcement by the time the game ships, then I'll be buying each pack, individually, and actually put my voucher to use.

Cynar

Snapshot King said:
I find it funny all these reviews are coming out after it's impossible to actually buy the arcade stick :lol

seems kinda silly since all the TE sticks are practically already sold :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blueblur1 said:
Combos in training mode? Oh man, that gets me hot and bothered. Watching these vids is making the wait unbearable. I haven't been this hyped for a game since Halo 2.

They really stuffed this game to the brim with the content like this, and in fact, it'll even increase the already-good competition online on top of that - I really can't wait to turn this game into a daily habit again like back in the days...

Hmm...got a quick question for the modder guys out there. My custom has an octagonal restrictor on it (its a Sanwa JLF). Would that be easy to remove if I felt like it? In my head I'm seeing it just screwed on top of the stick and all I'd have to do is unscrew it. Am I wrong?

Edit: Ah nevermind, I see now I'd need a replacement "regular" restrictor plate. Good thing I know someone who'd want my octagon. Heh.

AZ Greg

Mr Jared said:
HOLY SHIT MY AMAZON ORDER SHIPPED

CONTAINING STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE ON BLU-RAY! YES!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2.jpg

Spruchy said:
Is GS doing a midnight launch for this per chance?
Unfortunately since it isn't a "Street Dated" title then you will most likely not find midnight launches for the title.

Street Date means shipped to a store prior and held until a specific date or else retailer faces penalty.

Street Fighter 4 is not street dated so it can be sold upon arrival. The game isn't to ship to stores until the 17th and will arrive on the 18th in pretty much all stores..

Though...

There are some GameStop areas that will be receiving same day shipping so they will arrive on the 17th in those stores.

Hope that helps.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spruchy said:
Is GS doing a midnight launch for this per chance?

They are locally. (High Point, NC).

Though it's Tuesday night not Monday Night. I asked for a half-hour off work Monday Night in case it gets pushed back one day. Tuesday Night it's going to be a pain to get there at midnight.

donkey show said:
Depends on whether or not your GS got enough pre-orders.
No (See above post).

Example of games with street dates in the past:

Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: WT

Example of a games in the future with street dates:

Guitar Hero Metallica
Resident Evil 5

arstal said:
They are locally. (High Point, NC).

Though it's Tuesday night not Monday Night. I asked for a half-hour off work Monday Night in case it gets pushed back one day. Tuesday Night it's going to be a pain to get there at midnight.

If this store was same day shipping they technically should sell it to you the minute they get it in. They may be same day shipping in that area so they would have it Tuesday evening not Tuesday at Midnight for customers... Unless this is some store not following rules.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
TurtleSnatcher said:
Sometime this week.
Should I have reserved one or will they be mostly available? I want to pick one up because Amazon hasn't said shit about my TE shipment and Capcom's will probably be backordered, I need a stick when I get SFIV.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The last vids for the SF4 Nationals are up

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/tournament.html

Aojiru Guile (Boxer) vs Iyo (Sim)
RF (Sagat) vs Nuki (Chun)
Kindevu (Rufus) vs Dashio (Viper)
Vega Curry (Sagat) vs Riki (Dictator)

Also, on the SF4 blog they mentioned that Kristin Kruek is gonna be in Akihabara on the 12th to promote the game and movie.

Edit:

Game Impress Watch has a couple of new movies up. First is Dan vs. Gouken
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m03.htm

Noticed that Gouken tried to do counter on Dan's HK and it got stuffed, confirming that his counter works exactly like a Focus, only with an auto-attack. Also, Dan's still got Super Taunt into Ultra combo.

Here's Sakura vs. Rose
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m04.htm
In 2nd round, Sakura does short HK into low jab and it counts as a combo. Looks like a tough link though.
Wow @ Rose's ultra beating out Sakura's ultra at the end lol

NameGenerated said:
Should I have reserved one or will they be mostly available? I want to pick one up because Amazon hasn't said shit about my TE shipment and Capcom's will probably be backordered, I need a stick when I get SFIV.
They closed preorders last week so you should have reserved.. Maybe a few of your big stores in your area will get a straggler or so but its doubtful.

NameGenerated said:
Does anyone know when Gamestop is getting the Standard edition fightsticks?

they told me they are getting them in on the 10'th, hopefully they give me a call to tell me it's in, if not i'll still drop by to see if it's in. *crosses fingers*

They aren't taking preorders for them anymore, only the TE sticks which march will be the earliest you get them. They did however say that VERY FEW HIGH TRAFFIC stores will carry A COUPLE of SE sticks.

Darkman M

Oichi said:
The last vids for the SF4 Nationals are up

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/tournament.html

Aojiru Guile (Boxer) vs Iyo (Sim)
RF (Sagat) vs Nuki (Chun)
Kindevu (Rufus) vs Dashio (Viper)
Vega Curry (Sagat) vs Riki (Dictator)

Also, on the SF4 blog they mentioned that Kristin Kruek is gonna be in Akihabara on the 12th to promote the game and movie.

Edit:

Game Impress Watch has a couple of new movies up. First is Dan vs. Gouken
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m03.htm

Noticed that Gouken tried to do counter on Dan's HK and it got stuffed, confirming that his counter works exactly like a Focus, only with an auto-attack. Also, Dan's still got Super Taunt into Ultra combo.

Here's Sakura vs. Rose
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m04.htm
In 2nd round, Sakura does short HK into low jab and it counts as a combo. Looks like a tough link though.
Wow @ Rose's ultra beating out Sakura's ultra at the end lol

Props on the links son.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oichi said:

Bollocks!

That means she won't be at the SF4 launch party here in LA! X_X !

Ridli

Grifter said:
the hype train has gone too far

More like the hype train hasn't gone too far enough! I'm still waiting for the inevitable reports of hijackers commandeering ups planes and trucks looking for capcom boxes.

MarkMan said:
Bollocks!

That means she won't be at the SF4 launch party here in LA! X_X !
Technically the 12th there is still plenty of time to get to LA right? :lol She gets to race the sun back to LA and she is taking a shortcut :lol

Top Bottom