• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ridli said:
More like the hype train hasn't gone too far enough! I'm still waiting for the inevitable reports of hijackers commandeering ups planes and trucks looking for capcom boxes.
CAN'T STOP THE
HYPE
TRAIN

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Oichi said:
The last vids for the SF4 Nationals are up

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/tournament.html

Aojiru Guile (Boxer) vs Iyo (Sim)
RF (Sagat) vs Nuki (Chun)
Kindevu (Rufus) vs Dashio (Viper)
Vega Curry (Sagat) vs Riki (Dictator)

Also, on the SF4 blog they mentioned that Kristin Kruek is gonna be in Akihabara on the 12th to promote the game and movie.

Edit:

Game Impress Watch has a couple of new movies up. First is Dan vs. Gouken
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m03.htm

Noticed that Gouken tried to do counter on Dan's HK and it got stuffed, confirming that his counter works exactly like a Focus, only with an auto-attack. Also, Dan's still got Super Taunt into Ultra combo.

Here's Sakura vs. Rose
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090210/sf4m04.htm
In 2nd round, Sakura does short HK into low jab and it counts as a combo. Looks like a tough link though.
Wow @ Rose's ultra beating out Sakura's ultra at the end lol

iyo! ::bows::

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh nice, install is optional, and I am going to install. gonna take a while might as well get my rice started.

Barrett2

Osaka said:
January 7th. :lol

>_<

I guess I just need to accept that I won't get any SF4 merchandise until at least launch.

What do you guys think regular stick availability will be like when the game releases? I don't need a TE stick, but I would like a regular one. I wonder if I can just pick one up when I get the game at launch.

Captain N

SiegfriedFM said:
Late reply, but the PS3 install is 2100 megs and takes load times down to almost nothing.

is it a required install? I will be doing it anyway since it pretty much gets rid of all the loading.

Xater

SiegfriedFM said:
Late reply, but the PS3 install is 2100 megs and takes load times down to almost nothing.

Great. Love this for fighting games. The quicker I can get to the fighting the better.

Captain N said:
Will most places that do the tournaments have the game running on the PS3, 360 or just the arcade?
I'm guessing it'll be PS3 since that's what Evo's using and I would assume most tournaments will try to mirror Evo.

sprsk

I suck at linking combos, some of the stuff in the hard trial mode i can get like 1 out of 300 times right :/

Online play is flawless, with the people i played anyway.

Darkman M

sp0rsk said:
I suck at linking combos, some of the stuff in the hard trial mode i can get like 1 out of 300 times right :/

Online play is flawless, with the people i played anyway.

Don't screw with us man!

sprsk

PuppetMaster said:
PS3 or 360?

PS3

You choose your opponent, and it shows how good their connection is, like a good online PC game. I played someone with almost all bars (one was missing) and it was perrrrrrfect.

yeb

sp0rsk said:
PS3

You choose your opponent, and it shows how good their connection is, like a good online PC game. I played someone with almost all bars (one was missing) and it was perrrrrrfect.
Does it always show your connection with the opponent? One thing that annoys me about ranked matches in HD Remix is that it doesn't even show your connection if you're doing quick matches or hosting.

Also, how much experience do you actually have playing SF4? Lag impressions are 100% useless from people that don't already know exactly what works at exactly what times; you need something to compare it to. No offense, it's just that after 6 years of playing fighters online with every review always saying there's no lag (even when the netcode actually sucks) I've come to distrust such statements.

Xater

sp0rsk said:
PS3

OMG! Can't wait to get my hands on this next week.

ravien56

Guled said:
no, they are 5 DLC packs and you get the first one for free if you buy the CE. They will be a pack in April that has all the DLC together in a bundle for a cheaper price, but thats a month and a half after the last DLC pack comes out. Also its too late to order the TE sticks anymore. Also, if you want the CE of the game, pre order it asap, they are in limited quantities and its one run only.
They also said the CE edition of gta4,mgs4,sc4,r2,bioshock,halo3, were a limited run but I can still walk in to futureshop and best buy and buy these ce editions.... I'm sure you'll find one

Arde5643 said:
There aren't too many EF players right now although some of them are already showing impressive skills - his backdash is a great bait reversal game and the EX version can be used to escape when you're not in the corner, his AA special is a great escape tool (EX version that is).

People are also starting to use his walljump effectively, to bait DPs or jumps. If they DP and miss, you have a free takedown or loop combo to do. If they jump, you can give chase with AA special EX or do a mixup with forward dash.

And of course, his loop combo is one of the best but hardest to do combo in SF4 - really good damage, godly stun, however requires expert precision controls.
Players who utilize it can turn the tide significantly even with only very little life left. 30-40% is a basic average damage with a regular loop combo, but if you can get a stun after you do a take down after the loop, you can easily get to more than 70% damage.

His normals are also pretty good - he has a fast overhead that can go over downed opponents making for an effective ground-based crossups. When hit, this overhead can also be comboed freely with a throw or repeated LPs.
His jumping FP is very good since it can beat a lot of moves (including lariat) and can cross-up as well. Oh, his jumping FP can also be comboed freely with FP extending another loop combo.

I don't know if he'll be in high tier but he's so not low tier.

Cheers man, just seeing a few vids, and reading this makes me want to learn him. I'm not too fussed about tiers, but according to everything I've read, he's low tier. EF, and Abel are probably the new characters I'll try once I've got the mechanics under my belt. For now, I'll have to be a shoto scrub. :D

CPS2

yeb said:
Does it always show your connection with the opponent? One thing that annoys me about ranked matches in HD Remix is that it doesn't even show your connection if you're doing quick matches or hosting.

Also, how much experience do you actually have playing SF4? Lag impressions are 100% useless from people that don't already know exactly what works at exactly what times; you need something to compare it to. No offense, it's just that after 6 years of playing fighters online with every review always saying there's no lag (even when the netcode actually sucks) I've come to distrust such statements.

IAWTP.

Guled

sp0rsk said:
PS3

thats nice to hear

Top Bottom