• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Yes Boss! said:
So,

Fifteen-second saves? Really? Is this just the 360 version or is the PS3 version similar. Really is breaking the pace.
What?

i don't have 15 second saves.. maybe.. 3 seconds?

May want to clear your system cache. And I'm Xbox.

rise888

GGs MIMIC
I was SALTYWET; we ran into each other on player match. I had to bring out the spam-dragon punches to protect myself from your Fuerte antics :)

btw, if you have having long saving-times, try clearing your cache. it worked for me when my saving time got screwed up and was taking 15 seconds

FindMyFarms said:
Add GalacticAE on PSN. Also ask for an invite to gafchat.

I'll do that. However, I haven't used the PS3 for gaming much. I have the pS3 version of SF4 for tourney reasons, so I could use some pointers for basic stuff.

How do I ask for an invite to gafchat? Also, do you guys have a dualshock on 2P with the keypad attached or a USB keyboard for chatting purposes?

I found out tonight that apparently I need help on really, really good Cammy players as well. I've got to get some pointers from Rummy on what Blanka can do against her drill/spike spamming. Perhaps I'm just not used to her timing/not familiar enough with the matchup against a GOOD Cammy...

After all, I didn't fear Akuma at all until I played Grifter's Akuma tonight.

Hellion said:
Ok I did the 1 perfect 3 UCF and the 5 first hits on 1 round and Won.... But I didn't get gouken.

What did I do wrong?

I thought it was more perfects.. maybe I'm wrong.. I dunno.. I just did 3 of each.. 3 perfects 3 UCF (at least) and whatever first hits.. I always get first hit on easiest..

I'll do that. However, I haven't used the PS3 for gaming much. I have the pS3 version of SF4 for tourney reasons, so I could use some pointers for basic stuff.

How do I ask for an invite to gafchat? Also, do you guys have a dualshock on 2P with the keypad attached or a USB keyboard for chatting purposes?

I found out tonight that apparently I need help on really, really good Cammy players as well. I've got to get some pointers from Rummy on what Blanka can do against her drill/spike spamming. Perhaps I'm just not used to her timing/not familiar enough with the matchup against a GOOD Cammy...

After all, I didn't fear Akuma at all until I played Grifter's Akuma tonight.

You can use USB keyboard for ps3.

You ask for an invite by messaging galactic lol, he sends you the invite. The chatroom is persistent, meaning it's ALWAYS there. Whenever you log on to psn, you'll almost always have a gaffer ready to play against via gaf chat. There's usually anywhere from 8-13 ppl on. Most people that have the 360 and ps3 version play mainly on the ps3 because of this ease of matchmaking.

FindMyFarms said:
You can use USB keyboard for ps3.

You ask for an invite by messaging galactic lol, he sends you the invite. The chatroom is persistent, meaning it's ALWAYS there. Whenever you log on to psn, you'll almost always have a gaffer ready to play against via gaf chat. There's usually anywhere from 8-13 ppl on. Most people that have the 360 and ps3 version play mainly on the ps3 because of this ease of matchmaking.

That's what I meant. How do I get invited to the chatroom. The chatroom is persistent? I'll try to find it today, as I have the day off. I do not have a keyboard yet so I may pop in and lurk to see what's going on and to make sure I can find it, then I'll pick up a keyboard.

As archaic as it sounds, I kind of wish 360 had something like that available. The best 360 has is the GAF friends list but you can't just join that and chat it up before asking for matches.

P.S. Damn G2's challenge is up there for Blanka players. Almost everybody knows that virtually everything Blanka does is punishable, and that really sucks. It feels like I really have to work hard to win while all they ahve to do is land 1 or 2 good combos or a guaranteed ultra off of a pop-up/crumple.

BitchTits

MIMIC said:
People who have the balls to pick random scare the shit outta me.
Random is the most fun for me now. My only dreaded select is Sakura.

I've started to play Fuerte a bit more now because he kept coming up in random, he's a lot of fun, but I'm find it difficult to take down anyone decent.

I just saw a fight where Ryu does mk(I think it is mk) xxSRK to Boxer while Boxer is doing a punch that should absorb the hit (the SRK lands because the mk was absorbed). Can Sagat do this with cr. mk xx TU?

Stalfos

Hellion said:
Ok I did the 1 perfect 3 UCF and the 5 first hits on 1 round and Won.... But I didn't get gouken.

What did I do wrong?
Did you fight Gouken and still not unlock him? If so, have you played through with Akuma and seen his final cutscene? Playing through with Akuma first is a required before you can unlock Gouken.

qcf x2

My finger is almost back to normal now so I'm back to playing Viper. But man, yesterday was a real test. I'd win the first match then instinctively go to pick Rose, then hesitate, then pick Viper again. My hands forgot the motions already. I'm so used to soul spark, soul spark, soul spark, slide, BnB combo, ultraaaaaaa. Plus Rose, unlike Viper, has a great anti-scrub normal in cr.FP. So playing Viper I've been slower and more defensive than I should be, as a good Viper will generally be all up in your face with offense.

I really wanna get to G1 already. Honestly I'd rather do Player Matches until then, but that won't get me there. Oh well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FYI: The alt costume value pack is out on XBL for 1000 space bucks.

bob_arctor said:
Also, on the Shakudan--does it whiff often on crouching opponents?

Usually the 2nd hit won't connect and he'll do c.hk instead, which more often than not leaves you wide open. So don't try for the second if they're crouching.

Shakudan's pretty good to use as a meaty since you can't immediately crouch on wakeup. Plus, Gen's weird jump arc lets you do it pretty late into your opponents wakeup animation, giving them less time to react and pull off a reversal anti-air.

Vdragoon

prodystopian said:
I just saw a fight where Ryu does mk(I think it is mk) xxSRK to Boxer while Boxer is doing a punch that should absorb the hit (the SRK lands because the mk was absorbed). Can Sagat do this with cr. mk xx TU?

c.mk will combo into anything, so yes.

vexvegaz

so here i was bitchin about the fact that i cant pull off FADC consistently during matches but had no problems when in training mode. little did i know that i needed ex bars to be able to pull such move. DOH!

Yes Boss!

TurtleSnatcher said:
What?

i don't have 15 second saves.. maybe.. 3 seconds?

May want to clear your system cache. And I'm Xbox.

Really, is that something I can do. Where is it on the 360 menu? I do have an SFIV safe file on my MU in addition to my harddrive....maybe that is screwing it up. Terrible lengthy saves. I've got the PS3 version so I'm gonna check it out on that to see if it is quicker.

Threi

notag
finally got a replay uploaded, 51k points :D

#10 on new replays xbl list right now (how does that work btw, the point difference is all over the place)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Threi said:
finally got a replay uploaded, 51k points :D

#10 on new replays xbl list right now (how does that work btw, the point difference is all over the place)
It's based on most recent replays uploaded. So you were the 10th newest person to upload a replay.

Yes Boss! said:
Really, is that something I can do. Where is it on the 360 menu? I do have an SFIV safe file on my MU in addition to my harddrive....maybe that is screwing it up. Terrible lengthy saves. I've got the PS3 version so I'm gonna check it out on that to see if it is quicker.
It's a code you have to enter. I can't remember it off the top of my head and my internet is running reaaaal slow so I can't google it myself, so just search for "360 cache clear" and you should find it. I had the same issue numerous times and clearing the cache usually fixed it. I've had the same problem with SF4 and RE5. After the CE patch I had to delete and reinstall the install, then clear the cache to fix it.

esbern

went back a few pages and didn't see this posted, thought it was hilarious

kenflowchart.png

Threi

notag
esbern said:

http://shameinnothing.com/data/lulz/kenflowchart.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
holy shit that is awesome :lol

ive never seen kens described like that before :O

thanks for sharing this pic just as it got released :D

esbern

Threi said:
holy shit that is awesome :lol

ive never seen kens described like that before :O

thanks for sharing this pic just as it got released :D

hah yeah saw it on reddit. i've always followed this thread but never posted.

h3ro

esbern said:

*awesome pic dude!!!!*

That describes every Ken I've ever played. Awesome. :lol

Wish I'd seen this earlier.

had 3x chun li in one tourney, thats new. but other than that, it was like: blanka, blanka, blanka ryu, blanka, blanka, ryu, blanka, blanka ryu, blanka, blanka, ryu, blanka, blanka ryu, blanka, blanka, ryu, blanka.

some french guy (ken) wrote mais va crever put after i beat him. doesnt sound THAT nice :lol

some other guy told me: you're still shit and then cursed me to lose the final. damn, thats some warlock magic right in my face. too bad it didnt work.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
awww crap everyones using blanka now? I almost never came across him on my my way to 1500 gp before my fucking sticks broke. FUCK.

I switched from Ryu to Blanka cause everyone uses ryu :lol

also,

anyone in Europe know what the fucking deal is with the madcatz sticks. AAAARGGGH I need one. can't play this on a controller.

amazon uk has still some stock left from yesterday, you better run!

i dunno whats up with blanka and why everyone is using him now. maybe because you can eat pretty much every newbie with him. i rarely lose to blanka lately. maybe once or twice on a long day.....

iam220

Anyone replaced their pad with an arcade stick for the first time? How long did it take you get as proficient with the arcade stick as you were with the pad?

MIMIC

Banned
Yeah, I'm surprised that so many people are using Blanka now. I used to be one of the very few who would pick him.

I'm back to Guile now (and Fuerte). Don't see many of those :D

DD-11

Augemitbutter said:
i dunno whats up with blanka and why everyone is using him now. maybe because you can eat pretty much every newbie with him. i rarely lose to blanka lately. maybe once or twice on a long day.....

Yes, Blanka used to be a pain, but I beat him consistently now. It's all a matter of limiting how much EX he gets , watching his meters and playing boringly.

With a shoto, it's easy, block his ball and make him eat or block a fireball. Crouch block all the time. Bait the slide and punish. 9/10 they start doing desperate moves and it's all over.

I hate runaway Vegas, Akumas and any Cammy. :(

Hellion

Stalfos said:
Did you fight Gouken and still not unlock him? If so, have you played through with Akuma and seen his final cutscene? Playing through with Akuma first is a required before you can unlock Gouken.

Nope. That wasn't in the instruction =/ But I will try this.

iam220 said:
Anyone replaced their pad with an arcade stick for the first time? How long did it take you get as proficient with the arcade stick as you were with the pad?

The first week was so painful. I even took my stick out for a second plugged my controller back in just to prove to myself I wasn't as bad as I was playing.

The second week was a little better. QCF wasn't super reliable yet though.

By third week I had gotten the hang of it and understand why sticks are good.

DD-11

what I hate about Ken is that mashing DP often beats fair punishes because of the small amount of lag. It gets frustrating and embarrassing when you drop a round or two (!) to a complete flowchart. I bet they must be thinking they are great too, haha

Won

Had to outturtle one of the "look I jump all day on the other end of the screen, because I have no clue how to play this game" Blankas. How annoying. -.-

Thank god for the 2 Zangiefs after that to remind me that the game can even less fun. -.-

Free GP!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I just had to face 10 straight Blankas in champ mode. It's a matchup Honda wins, but OMG it's so dull and boring. I'd rather face 10 Akumas or 10 Sagats even.

iam220

myDingling said:
The first week was so painful. I even took my stick out for a second plugged my controller back in just to prove to myself I wasn't as bad as I was playing.

The second week was a little better. QCF wasn't super reliable yet though.

By third week I had gotten the hang of it and understand why sticks are good.

:lol And I was getting worried after only using it for a few hours.

thanks for the reply.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
iam220 said:
Took me about six weeks. (Not counting the three or four times I tried to switch to a stick and gave up before that.)

To this day I have not played one Championship match. Hell, I haven't even touched Ranked in a couple weeks. :(

Local play with friends on weekends is enough for me I guess

MIMIC

Banned
I think I'mma start trying to finish up getting the rest of the achievements. I still have yet to beat the game with everyone on Medium.

And just for clarification, I can use the Zangief method for that, right? 1) start the game with a character, 2) intentionally lose, 3) pick Zangief, 4) make it to Seth and lose, and 5) beat Seth with the original character.

Top Bottom