• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
catfish said:
fuck you england. Found a SE stick, costs around 30 euro to ship it to the netherlands. wtf. If we both stand on the waters edge he could just fucking throw it and I'd catch it and go home and play. DICKS.

Can you get it shipped to me for free? I can then ship it to you, likely for less than 30 moon dollars.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
McBradders said:
Can you get it shipped to me for free? I can then ship it to you, likely for less than 30 moon dollars.

I think so, how would you ship it though? I was checking the Parcelforce thing. I have a few friends in UK that could do it but they would use this kind of service. How would you ship it?

I'd be keen to try, for some reason I irrationally trust GAFs unusual population.

Been playing with dans alt costume in green. I send Turtle Power!!! to people i loose to.

badass!

Does dan have any good moves or is he joke character total?

CO_Andy

Noticed a very annoying glitch in this game: whenever i FADC out of Gen's roll then perform a Focus attack, i'm absolutely unable to use my PPP ultra afterwards.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
catfish said:
I think so, how would you ship it though? I was checking the Parcelforce thing. I have a few friends in UK that could do it but they would use this kind of service. How would you ship it?

I'd be keen to try, for some reason I irrationally trust GAFs unusual population.

Via the post office, not sure if it would default to parcelforce due to its size, though.

C- Warrior said:
I think by now you hate the entire SF IV cast.

Just to let you know though, El Fuerte is probably the most hated character. Regardless if I win or lose, I feel like I was brain fucked by a flag pole after a match with him. So annoying.

Nah I said I didn't mind Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Dhalsim, other Elf's, Gens, Goukens, Fei Longs, etc etc..

Though to add more.. I do hate Akumas .. Teleporting jump back wusses. I kinda hate Blanka but not too bad..

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Man, I'm done with this game for the next two weeks lol. In one night I've seen so much dumb shit against my Honda that I'm just DONE with playing right now.

Today:

- Claw air throws me out of ex sumo splash. I anticipate he's jumping back from midscreen so I try to sumo splash him on the way up, he does izuna drop instead and throws me out of ex splash! wtf? Later on in the round from point blank range he tries to jump back for whatever reason, so I try HP headbutt to punish... dude does j.HP and claws my feet for the win. wtf. :(

- Fuerte player anticipates my wake up ex sumo splash for chip damage win (he had 0% health left, I had about 30% left), so he does anti-air throw... and beats my ex sumo splash CLEAN.

- Dictator does lk scissors x 2 and i block, then he does walk up throw in first round. Near the end of the round he tries scissors x 2 again and I anticipate walk up throw again so I try to do ex headbutt to counter instead of option select throw escape... but he does one last lk scissors and beats my ex headbutt clean. CLEAN!

and that was just the tip of the iceberg! :/ I think I wouldn't be angry if the fuerte and dictator stuff traded, but the fact that it beat my stuff clean is just MIND BOGGLING.

Oichi said:
ex sumo splash
I always enjoy countering EX Sumo splash with Boxer's c.hp. It beats it clean too if timed right. :lol

Edit: MicVlad, I think the lag was on my end, because I had some lag spikes after that match too. In the final round the lag really fucked up my EX-HB just before the ultra. ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
McBradders said:
Via the post office, not sure if it would default to parcelforce due to its size, though.
thanks man, however, they just became available again in holland. WOOOO should get mine tomorrow in the mail. 2x a SE stick on the way from madcatz.

As long as the parts hold out till my sanwas arrive from lizard lick amusements...

Also.... Lizard lick is kind of terrible, I ordered 10 days ago and they are still packing shit from March the 4th.... they were packing that same shit 10 days ago. At this rate I should have my stuff in..... 1 year. WTF.

I'll give em time because I think the standard parts in the MadCatz sticks should do until they finally arrive. But wow. Is there a better place to order parts from?

Also anyone in holland looking for a stick
www.consoleshop.nl has the SE for XBOX360 available. Order today and you get it tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry MicVlad!

YakiSOBA

someone list me sagat's BnB combos please! for some reason the SRK sagat section doesn't have as many stickied threads with this info as other characters :S

YakiSOBA said:
someone list me sagat's BnB combos please! for some reason the SRK sagat section doesn't have as many stickied threads with this info as other characters :S

Same request except for Cammy (though I wanna check out Sagat's too). Can't check SRK at work >_<

iam220

YakiSOBA said:

BnB?

edit: bread and butter?

iam220

Oh, well for sagat, you can cancel his light and medium kicks into a tiger knee or a tiger shot, you should probably always cancel the low medium with a tiger shot.

An easy jump in combo is : jump in hk (or mk), crouching mk, tiger knee. Easy to do , takes a lot of damage. I find that the trials usually teach you the bnb combos for most characters.

edit: An even easier jump in combo is: jump in hk, hk. Ridiculously easy to do and decent damage too.
Also, if you shoot an EX standing or crouching tiger shot and you only get 1 hit out of it, throw a crouching fierce tiger shot and you will catch them in the air for a second hit.

YakiSOBA said:

Couldn't you just use the 1up guide made by Haunts? He's a Sagat player, so it should have some useful combos (except for maybe the last one, where it's showy).

CPS2

Oichi said:
Man, I'm done with this game for the next two weeks lol. In one night I've seen so much dumb shit against my Honda that I'm just DONE with playing right now.

Today:

- Claw air throws me out of ex sumo splash. I anticipate he's jumping back from midscreen so I try to sumo splash him on the way up, he does izuna drop instead and throws me out of ex splash! wtf? Later on in the round from point blank range he tries to jump back for whatever reason, so I try HP headbutt to punish... dude does j.HP and claws my feet for the win. wtf. :(

- Fuerte player anticipates my wake up ex sumo splash for chip damage win (he had 0% health left, I had about 30% left), so he does anti-air throw... and beats my ex sumo splash CLEAN.

- Dictator does lk scissors x 2 and i block, then he does walk up throw in first round. Near the end of the round he tries scissors x 2 again and I anticipate walk up throw again so I try to do ex headbutt to counter instead of option select throw escape... but he does one last lk scissors and beats my ex headbutt clean. CLEAN!

and that was just the tip of the iceberg! :/ I think I wouldn't be angry if the fuerte and dictator stuff traded, but the fact that it beat my stuff clean is just MIND BOGGLING.

8 frames of startup for EX headbutt vs 3 for cr.LK. Not that surprising... Fuerte's leg throw is faster than sumo splash too...

bullshit story Nr. 1:

lost to a rose which mashed out random ultra in close combat and..... they hit me both in round 2 & 3, thanks!

Nr. 2:

lost to another 3-bar vega. why does vega regularly have orange bars in europe? always have trouble punishing his moves whenever some lag is present. think i'll be forced to play yellow and better from now on =(

good stuff:

managed to ultra hondas fast headbutt on reaction. beat this!

jdub03

catfish said:

badass!

Does dan have any good moves or is he joke character total?

All his QCB + kick moves are safe on block. His lk version beats a lot of stuff on wake up. Against zangief his air version beats zangiefs lariat. His standing and crouching medium kick has good priority. Best of all he has a super taunt. He's pretty decent. Iv'e beaten opponents above 5000 GP with him(im at 3900). I haven't won a whole tourney with him yet though.

comrade

jdub03 said:
All his QCB + kick moves are safe on block. His lk version beats a lot of stuff on wake up. Against zangief his air version beats zangiefs lariat. His standing and crouching medium kick has good priority. Best of all he has a super taunt. He's pretty decent. Iv'e beaten opponents above 5000 GP with him(im at 3900). I haven't won a whole tourney with him yet though.
What's a super taunt?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Dunno why, but Capcom still hasn't put up the 1000 MS points all-in costume pack on the European XBLM yet - and to think I was ready to buy this pack with the free 1100 points I got - oh well...

I really only want Balrog's & Honda's costume, but none of the other costumes in either pack appeal to me, except maybe Rufus' since I'm messing with him for the past 5 days or so... and Abel's alt looks better than his regular but I lost the interest to main with him a long time ago...

I might just get Balrog's costume and leave it at that then - thanks for saving me the points Capcom!

Won

Just reached G2-B! I'm soooo good! (I play way too much) Good to know that I'm not even halfway through G2. :D

Skilotonn said:
Dunno why, but Capcom still hasn't put up the 1000 MS points all-in costume pack on the European XBLM yet - and to think I was ready to buy this pack with the free 1100 points I got - oh well...

I really only want Balrog's & Honda's costume, but none of the other costumes in either pack appeal to me, except maybe Rufus' since I'm messing with him for the past 5 days or so... and Abel's alt looks better than his regular but I lost the interest to main with him a long time ago...

I might just get Balrog's costume and leave it at that then - thanks for saving me the points Capcom!

Tomorrow man....they always released the packs on friday in Europe.

Oichi said:

Today:

How is the Fuerte Leg Air Throw mind boggling. That stuff has some of the most priority in the game.. and even if it doesnt have priority or is a bit miss aimed it sends both players instantly to the ground though the other person isn't hurt.

That thing takes people out of Tiger Knees.. Takes out Abels Heel Kick.. does a lot of things. Its one of the highest priority moves in the game

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Won said:
Just reached G2-B! I'm soooo good! (I play way too much) Good to know that I'm not even halfway through G2. :D

Oooooooooooooh - thanks bro...

Won said:

Won whats your XBL tag.. I wanna watch your replays of your Fuerte :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Legjend said:
anyone else sick of feeling like they have to get a game for more than one platform because of friends lists/controllers etc. ?

Yup, but I'm in too deep to stop! It happened with Soul Calibur IV, HD Remix, SF4 (and if I have a new PC by the summer, it will happen for a third time), and it's going to inevitably happen again with Blaz Blue and KOF XII. :lol

toneroni

Lyte Edge said:
Yup, but I'm in too deep to stop! It happened with Soul Calibur IV, HD Remix, SF4 (and if I have a new PC by the summer, it will happen for a third time), and it's going to inevitably happen again with Blaz Blue and KOF XII. :lol
ugh hate this multiplat crap :(

jdub03

I know you can dash backwards or forward to avoid the splash and sometimes the throw. Fuerte can just do the slide or stay in run longer to counter this though. A good fuerte usually whips my rufus.

Won said:
I'm pretty sure you don't wanna see how I waste one super after another or how I always run on my downed opponents!

But here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wontollo
You play exactly like me.

EXACTLY :lol

The only small diff would be you incorporate fajita busters more then I do.. I prefer to do propeller in those situations.

I fake out with slide by getting far then soon as they are up im running in and tripping them with the tip of my toes.

EDIT: I also use L2 Focus Attacks on their wakeup depending on the character to whip out super/ultra easier.

EDIT2: Wow do people fall for Fajita Busters that often?

I just find propeller so much more reliable because you can hit if they are crouching too.. and you can trick them by doing it so far away.

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
EDIT2: Wow do people fall for Fajita Busters that often?

I just find propeller so much more reliable because you can hit if they are crouching too.. and you can trick them by doing it so far away.

You have to fuck with their minds. After a few presses they will never jump or duck again against a forward dash. :lol

BitchTits

My performance the last couple of days has really nose-dived. Does anyone else experience this where they're just losing against people who you should be wiping the floor with? I just seem to be really slack and missing tons of moves.

Weird, I don't like it!

Won said:
You have to fuck with their minds. After a few presses they will never jump or duck again against a forward dash. :lol
But if they jump or duck then your Fajita buster misses and can be punished?

I just find it so unrisky.. while propeller seems to have a bit faster recovery time.

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
But if they jump or duck then your Fajita buster misses and can be punished?

I just find it so unrisky.. while propeller seems to have a bit faster recovery time.

If you miss for some reason with propeller, then revovery time shouldn't matter. You stand in a really really bad position.

In the end it doesn't matter. You should do both, I'm just too lazy most of the time. :lol

MoxManiac

Are replays busted for anyone else? (PS3 version) I keep getting corrupted or unable to download every time. I've tried restarting sf4 like a billion times. I want to watch my replay from a couple days ago :mad:

Top Bottom