• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Imm0rt4l

Killa Sasa said:
Here's today's 'Phat Combos - Most of which aren't too practical' video of the day.

Yeah, I'm hating because I wish I could do all of this :p - I think I can do most of it though. But a lot of the advanced/expert seems like a waste of bar. But what do I know, this is a combo video, and it does show a lot of phat awesome combos. And I will be taking parts of the bigger combos and integrating them into my game, definitely not the whole strings though.

Props to DjB for the awesome video and syck skillz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDLOMTwlJic&fmt=18

That full stun combo is just FILTHY though. cot damn.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.jpg
fuck me....

MicVlaD said:
To be fair (and no disrespect to you), I wasn't really bothering in our recent matches. Championship Mode kind of ticked me off when you sent that invite, and I wasn't in the mood to face yet another Ken. Hence why I just stayed at the opposite end of the screen doing absolutely nothing at times.
My Ken isn't like any other Ken, it's Super-Ken. I don't even use shoryuken that much. Random shoryukens and random wake-up ultras are the worst crutches to have.
MicVlaD said:
PICK DAN INSTEAD, DUDE
:D

MIMIC

Banned
29lbu4k.jpg

Yay :D

Now I can go back to "playing" the game. :) I won a really tight Championship match against Vega. I was getting destroyed (with only a sliver of life left) but I managed to do some major damage to him. And then:

Me: Throw.....throw.

I won :lol

BitchTits

I don't make a habit of outting dickheads, but watchout for NeroXVII on XBL.

Beat his Gen with Fuerte (3 rounds to zero), beat his Ryu with Dhalsim (3 rounds to 1), Next game his Ryu vs my Gen, I'm winning and he starts dicking around, running and taunting, standing still, then sends a message: "ur sooooo bad lol", so I quite out the game while he's just standing there. Then he continued to send chat requests NON-STOP for the next TEN minutes straight, with only a brief pause when I sent him a message telling him he'd get bored before I did (which he did).

Wow, if you can't handle losing that bad, don't play!

today it was all blanka, soooo boring. he is no threat 90% of the time, but its getting old real fast =( he even passend ryu in frequenzy for me, how is that even possible! ahhhhhh

oh, fought a good sakura today. almost perfected me in the first round, but i got her real bad in the following. im at 12,5k GP now. dont want to rank up just yet tho, because that stupid GP glitch is holding back so many good players from gaining any GP, its sad.

Threi

notag
sonicspear64 said:
My Ken isn't like any other Ken, it's Super-Ken. I don't even use shoryuken that much. Random shoryukens and random wake-up ultras are the worst crutches to have.

:D
flowchart v2 abuses crossups and f.mk just so ya know.

Archie said:
OMG El Fuerte is SO FUN. I haven't won a match with him yet but it's so awesome to go crazy aggressive instead of turtling like a loser with Honda.
yeah fuerte is kinda fun to dick around with, its pretty satisfying to get a win with him.

CPS2

MIMIC said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/29lbu4k.jpg

Yay :D

Now I can go back to "playing" the game. :) I won a really tight Championship match against Vega. I was getting destroyed (with only a sliver of life left) but I managed to do some major damage to him. And then:

Me: Throw.....throw.

I won :lol

Just wondering, do you get any icons for finishing the hard trials or unlocking everything?

yeb

UC1 said:
Just wondering, do you get any icons for finishing the hard trials or unlocking everything?
You get the character specific icons for completing all of that character's trials, hard and normal. You actually get 100 total icons that way, 4 for each character.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
yeb said:
90% is actually a really good estimate, I think. Before championship mode came out, I'd won around 63% of my matches, and after climbing to G1 I'm up to 70% wins. My old longest winning streak was 21 wins, a week or two ago I saw it had increased to 34, and now I'm in a 41 game win streak that's still going. The problem is that when I fight someone good, win or lose, I'm forced to move on and it's unlikely I'll see them again. I used to like playing good people in ranked battles over and over.

My stats for championship mode so far:
G3 - 26 wins, 10 times runner up, 4884 max CP
G2 - 107 wins, 23 times runner up, 63571 max CP
My record over the past 30 tournaments is (seriously, you might not want to look)
108-4.
:lol

G2 just became steadily worse. No surprise my record is actually better than it was in G3, which was loaded with good players for the first weekend. Most of my losses over the past month have been in player matches, and I don't play those nearly as often.
I said wow...I've seen some of your Gen replays and they're very entertaining to watch. Mad props man. I could never pull off half the shit some of you guys pull in online matches.
Matter of fact, I'm probably the worse gaf player out there. :lol

Kaako said:
I said wow...I've seen some of your Gen replays and they're very entertaining to watch. Mad props man. I could never pull off half the shit some of you guys pull in online matches.
Matter of fact, I'm probably the worse gaf player out there. :lol
I'm a close second for that title!

I'm Terribad.

Terribad.

I choose low tier chars to play with and get my asses handed =[

By the way.. I just calculated my play time since I've gotten the game and 17% of my time since the game has come out until today has gone into Street Fighter 4.

I HAVE NO FUCKING LIFE.. OMFG

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TurtleSnatcher said:
Turtle please!
I know for a fact that you're nowhere near that title. I'll be honest, I started out as a K-flow but now alternate between Sagat, Ryu, Sakura, Oyaji(lol), and ken. I just cant play the charge characters on the 360 pad. :/

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
TurtleSnatcher said:

Oh hell no. I'm the king in that category. Just ask 'Vlad and Grifter! Despite my record, all about Gen though. Yeb's my hero in that regard. Still can't get mk>Hands consistently. *sigh* And am finally learning more Oga shenanigans...

Edit: and finally realized you can reset off Mantis super. Dopeness.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Nope, sorry guys, I'm the worst. Teknopathetic will tell you that too!

Stop trying to take away my title!

Threi

notag
TurtleSnatcher said:
I know right? Seeing that makes me want to quit.. :lol
what buggs me is he is beast at smash bros as well. I think him and nabster are the best on the entire forum.

stop being so good at videogames dammit

yes im gunna hate ima hater i admit it

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
what buggs me is he is beast at smash bros as well. I think him and nabster are the best on the entire forum.

He started being the second best after starting to use Snake!!

*instert mad face here*

:lol :lol

MIMIC

Banned
I just realized something: during Guile Ultra, he's doing the 2nd flashkick backwards :lol I was just playing around in training mode and then wondered how the hell Guile manages to face AWAY from his opponent after the 2nd hit. Sure enough, he starts the 2nd kick facing away from his opponent. Only Guile could generate that kind of awkward momentum =p

/random observation

Grifter

bob_arctor said:
Oh hell no. I'm the king in that category. Just ask 'Vlad and Grifter! Despite my record, all about Gen though. Yeb's my hero in that regard. Still can't get mk>Hands consistently. *sigh* And am finally learning more Oga shenanigans...

Edit: and finally realized you can reset off Mantis super. Dopeness.

Our connection's pretty sweet so anytime you wanna try stuff on me, do it!

Anyone for a game tonight?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
All I know is that I've claimed the "Worst SFIV Gaffer" title!
I'll prove any doubters as well...hit me up on Live.
GT: Kaako

Xevren

Kaako said:
All I know is that I've claimed the "Worst SFIV Gaffer" title!
I'll prove any doubters as well...hit me up on Live.
GT: Kaako

I'll play with you sometime, I dont think i'm very good either :p

We should have a worst GAF player tournament where if you win you're eliminated. Player that loses the most wins the prize! Take your play to win mentality and SHOVE it S-kill!

Spiderjericho said:
Can people who got the brawler pack with the CE, get the all in one? I tried looking for it on Friday before I took my flight. Also saw in the alternate costume thread that the same thing was happening with other CE buyers.

Yeah, I couldn't find it in the PSN store last Thursday either (have the CE edition and redeemed the costume pack...). Oh man, I was waiting for this all-in-one pack too... hope they fix the problem soon.

MIMIC

Banned
Maybe I played one of you guys. =p I raped the shit out of a Honda in a championship final. After the first round, I was thinking, "How the fuck did he get to a damn final?"

2nd round: Perfect'd him.

Finally finished Cammy hard trials. Number 5 took me a couple days.

Now, onto everyone else. I think I've finished 5 individual ones of the characters not named Cammy. Guile is 3 of those :lol

Nose Master

Played one of the runners up of the Tourney at Acen yesterday. He was gief. I almost fucking perfected him with Dan, but then made one mistake and pretty much got raped in 3 grapples. God damn cossack.

hitsugi

BitchTits said:
I don't make a habit of outting dickheads, but watchout for NeroXVII on XBL.

Beat his Gen with Fuerte (3 rounds to zero), beat his Ryu with Dhalsim (3 rounds to 1), Next game his Ryu vs my Gen, I'm winning and he starts dicking around, running and taunting, standing still, then sends a message: "ur sooooo bad lol", so I quite out the game while he's just standing there. Then he continued to send chat requests NON-STOP for the next TEN minutes straight, with only a brief pause when I sent him a message telling him he'd get bored before I did (which he did).

Wow, if you can't handle losing that bad, don't play!

Aha! This guy ragequit on me tonight in a Ryu mirror after I hit an AA dp => ultra that would have killed him (also, it was only the first round). I sent him a message just saying "u mad" and got an onslaught of grammar abused hate. Wish I would have seen this post sooner D:

C- Warrior said:
No, I'm officially the worst here on GAF. I use Vega for fucks sake.

If you lost against me then you have problems :lol
Ive lost against you twice..

Vega isnt as bad as what everyone says. No one can fight him since no one uses him.. His jumping around shenanigans are retarded =[

Not to meniton his back flips.

FindMyFarms said:
I only WISH his back flips and jumping shenanigans are retarded. :(

Also, Vega is as terrible as everyone says :(

He is retarded.. Back flips suck against someone like Fuerte.. so hard to keep him down.. and his chumping FP and shit is so strong.

Tonight was my frustrated night ever. I actually ran to player matches to rape people to boost my confidence.

Fucking Fuerte sucks ass.. When half the characters have a move that can stuff all of his dash attacks then I want to cry.. :(

The only way to fully take advantage of him is by learning the hardest fucking combo in the game (Run Stop Fierce) then you gotta bank on connecting actual Focus attacks on people or else you still are screwed. Its mind fuck retarded.

I tried to play other characters today and I just can't get them down. I'm tempted to swtich to Ryu because trading a LP DP on an air attack into Ultra is the easiest shit EVER.

So retarded.

I only did a little Champ tonight since I was so frustrated and only got like 100 GP.

Why can't all my opponents be Zangief. He is the easiest mother fucker to beat in this game.... EASIEST.

TurtleSnatcher said:
He is retarded.. Back flips suck against someone like Fuerte.. so hard to keep him down.. and his chumping FP and shit is so strong.

No trust me, he isn't lol. He's near bottom tier for a reason.

He doesn't have very many tools. If you think he'll blackflip, just delay the run a bit and punish. All it does is give him a 50/50 as opposed to an actual safe escape. Not to mention, you can also stop the run early if you think he'll flip and get a free ultra.

Vega also lacks any form of decent anti air. Jump in on him and watch him cry! Fuerte's j.fp is one of the most ambiguous crossups in the game, especially off the wall, abuse it especially on Vega! Half the time it hits and you get a free RSF (or s. fp xx run slide)

Vega's defense is just so bad, and he barely has the life to compensate for it. If you get him in a corner it's GG's. Once you play a Vega a few more times and get used to him, then you'll even start to feel bad for the beatdowns you'll be giving them!

Also you don't have to RSF off a focus attack, any 2in1 is good enough to keep your opponents honest. ELF's FA is too good to not be a part of his offense.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Vega isnt as bad as what everyone says.
Not to meniton his back flips.

Lol, get the fuck out.

Vega is bad. I use him the most. And if I feel like actually winning, I'll just switch to Balrog.

But Vega sucks. He's barely better than Dan in terms of tier lists.

Vega has no anti air. He has long range pokes sure, but they are slow. He does very little attack damage, ultra sucks cock, and everything about Vega is these little tricks. If an opponent has any idea, and I mean ANY idea, to go about Vega's wall jumping, there is nothing to be done.

You want two little tips to help you against Vega's?

1) Jump back plus Kick in air when Vega jumps off wall
2) Be ready to block the other direction when Vega as an EX meter build on your wake-up.

Congratulations, you'll now beat Vega everytime.

Arde5643

Hi Turtle and Mimic and anyone who tries to use Fuerte - you guys should do more cross-up jumping fierces - that shit is wickedly fun. Bonus points if you can do RSF after you connect with it.

It totally nullifies shotos' uppercuts since j.HP will hit them first or it will whiff completely giving you time to punish for free.

The easiest way I've got it to work is from forward throw, fajita buster, tostada splash (that grounds them). Move forward a bit and then jump towards them and do jumping fierce.
The shit is really confusing since it's very hard to tell which way it will hit. And it's totally safe as well as long as you don't mess up the cross-ups. :D

I've just been trying it out in championship mode for the last few hours - it is really fun. Adds a lot more into Fuerte's crazy mix-ups.

Arde5643 said:
Hi Turtle and Mimic and anyone who tries to use Fuerte - you guys should do more cross-up jumping fierces - that shit is wickedly fun. Bonus points if you can do RSF after you connect with it.

It totally nullifies shotos' uppercuts since j.HP will hit them first or it will whiff completely giving you time to punish for free.

The easiest way I've got it to work is from forward throw, fajita buster, tostada splash (that grounds them). Move forward a bit and then jump towards them and do jumping fierce.
The shit is really confusing since it's very hard to tell which way it will hit. And it's totally safe as well as long as you don't mess up the cross-ups. :D

I've just been trying it out in championship mode for the last few hours - it is really fun. Adds a lot more into Fuerte's crazy mix-ups.

O Rly?

Arde - Any videos of this that you know of? Also so if someone LP Shoryukens.. Ill land safe or ill hit?

Also any followups after the hit for someone who isn't RSF inept. Like me :(

I'm kinda anti cross ups but I guess with Fuerte they never expect it. Seems like everyone in G2 knows how to defend a Gen Cross up :(

BitchTits

TurtleSnatcher said:
Why can't all my opponents be Zangief. He is the easiest mother fucker to beat in this game.... EASIEST.
:lol It's true! Remember a few weeks back people were saying "Oh I HATE Zangief!", "He has priority over everything" - I was the same.

Now if I get a Zangief, it's a gift! I can take out Zangief with pretty much anyone where as when the game was fresh Chun-Li was my go-to gal. Sagat and Blanka are the same for me, they've lost that sparkle. :D

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:
O Rly?

Arde - Any videos of this that you know of? Also so if someone LP Shoryukens.. Ill land safe or ill hit?

Also any followups after the hit for someone who isn't RSF inept. Like me :(

I'm kinda anti cross ups but I guess with Fuerte they never expect it. Seems like everyone in G2 knows how to defend a Gen Cross up :(
Sorry, no video since I don't know how to record one.

This is only abusable on wake-ups and not any other times. If you time it right as well as do it from the correct distance - the cross-up will hit them first before they can do a shoryuken. You're basically doing a deep meaty jumping fierce attack on their wake-up so even if it misses, you can block it.

Whenever I miss the cross-up, and they do a SRK move, it usually whiffs me completely.

Best non-RSF followup after a jumping fierce, st.fierce is run to slide. Knocks them down and gives you a chance for mix-ups again, preferrably with cross up jumping fierces.
I'm sometimes late with the run to slide which they'll block so sometimes I switch it up with run back to tortilla propeller since most people online try to block low for the slide (this isn't a true combo though).

The only problem I have with the propeller is that I still don't have the distance and timing correct to do the cross up jumping fierce.

Arde5643 said:
Sorry, no video since I don't know how to record one.

This is only abusable on wake-ups and not any other times. If you time it right as well as do it from the correct distance - the cross-up will hit them first before they can do a shoryuken. You're basically doing a deep meaty jumping fierce attack on their wake-up so even if it misses, you can block it.

Whenever I miss the cross-up, and they do a SRK move, it usually whiffs me completely.

Best non-RSF followup after a jumping fierce, st.fierce is run to slide. Knocks them down and gives you a chance for mix-ups again, preferrably with cross up jumping fierces.
I'm sometimes late with the run to slide which they'll block so sometimes I switch it up with run back to tortilla propeller since most people online try to block low for the slide (this isn't a true combo though).

The only problem I have with the propeller is that I still don't have the distance and timing correct to do the cross up jumping fierce.

Ill try it in training tomorrow

Thx.

I need to work on RSF. If you don't learn it then Fuerte becomes worthless :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
getting a lot better with Blanka now. Still losing in the finals/semis of G2 tourneys too often, but giving people a run at least.

I'm annoyed though, I can never hit links reliably in this game. seems that the combo

j.hk, cr.mk -> lp xx ball I can get the link between the crouching mid and low punch completely unreliably. Can really change the game and make me eat shit vs Sagat or any shoto cause there is always an uppercut in there if I screw up.

I wish there was a way to better 'learn' links. feels like luck most of the time.

I need to be less aggressive with blanka as well. Turtling doesn't sit that well with me, but vs a Rog it's pretty much required. Won a few against rogs By getting a lead and getting waaaay back. it's funny how Rog players seem to think they can throw out EX dash moves from across the screen. Shouldn't do that vs blanka when he has an ultra stocked :lol won my last 2 games by triggering the ultra with about a millisecond before a dash punch connects.

Still getting the coward crouch waaay to often instead of ultras though. especially when I'm losing and need the ultra vs somebody very aggressive to win.

I'm probably going to order my plane tickets and book my hotel for EVO in the next 2 weeks.

Tony - You going son?! You better! Anyone else going? I'm up for taking in a roommate to cut my costs :)

My goal is to go and watch and see what new char I should learn to replace El Shitty Fuerte. And then gawk over everyone who actually is good with him :(

I've had about 3 disconnects because of internet problems and now that I'm at 2% I've noticed that people are kicking me more often then before. Come the fuck on, it's fucking 2%. I could understand if it was 10 or 15, but doesn't 2 sound like it's a legit accident instead of me wanting to rage quit once every 50 tries? Man I can't wait for these 0% people to get there first disconnect so they can stop acting like they're the only innocent people out there.

Top Bottom