• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Won

Haven't done this in a while...

Fuck Zangief!

Lariat shouldn't hit me during my sweep, if I'm clearly below it. GRRRRRRRRR.....

Got ROCKED by a crazy good Honda player in the arcade yesterday. I haven't seen anyone play Honda that way, with a solid offense and good baiting skills.

and god does HHS have really good frame advantage on block/hit

Yeah, I think Honda is turning out to be a good character. Arcadia recently bumped him up to B tier, and now I know why, because suddenly I'm seeing Japanese videos of good Honda players actually doing pretty well.

Threi

notag
HONDA FOR PRESIDENT

seriously the (real) fat man is really growing on me, i like him much much more than Abel. He is becoming my alternate main (fuerte is getting more playtime as well)

stats time!
2qvz0g0.jpg

broke 3000BP (like that is worth shit anymore :lol)
real story here: climbing up on 60% win rate! :D

5l591y.jpg

You should see fuerte popping up in this list in the near future.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Thanks to the internet, I'm now aware of a new group of people to dislike: arcade stick snobs.

Every time I post something about getting a SE on a forum and some dude lols at me and says I should've got the TE, I imagine Comic Book Guy talking to me.

I am now friends with Alex Valle and Justin Wong on facebook :lol

Turtle, we can finally scrub it up in sf4 tonight lol.

LakeEarth said:
Any advice on doing FA -> dash -> ultra for charge characters? I can do the dash -> ultra without the FA, but for some reason after the FA->dash it never wants to come out.

EDIT - I'm doing hold back, start FA, FA hits, forward forward back forward punches/kicks.

You can actually input the dash motion a split second before the FA hits, makes the rest a little easier. Also, for most characters you don't even have to FADC, you can just wait for your char to recover from the FA then throw out the ultra and you should be good.

Is there a preset for using a VSHG with SFIV (i.e. "Arcade Stick Type B")

I'm going to a tourney today. It's PS3 and I need to know if I will have to manually change the inputs or simply choose a preset.

_dementia said:
Is there a preset for using a VSHG with SFIV (i.e. "Arcade Stick Type B")

I'm going to a tourney today. It's PS3 and I need to know if I will have to manually change the inputs or simply choose a preset.

Don't remember the exact one, but its the same preset option as the Hori FS3.

GL on the tourney, give us an update!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yes we get to meet and go agst eachother tonight for the first time. I shall be destroyed

I get owned by boxers =[

What's this business about boxer? I don't play him, that guys for noobs!

Wao luk at me i can jabs

ggs threi

it's uh, been a while

nice Honda

My Tournament Edition Madcatz stick keeps disconnecting at inopportune times. Sorry I had to bail out so soon.
So much for Tournament grade performance. I must get MC on the phone.

FindMyFarms said:
Don't remember the exact one, but its the same preset option as the Hori FS3.

GL on the tourney, give us an update!
Heh, I'll probably get peaced out in round one but thanks for the help and the kind words. I'll let you guys know.

Dartastic

So, I think I need some words of advice. I seem to be the type of player that learns one really good new thing, and it just opens up an entire world of play. I play Ryu, and I think that I've been having problems with making a new large jump because I'm not making the combos that I should be making, and I'm kinda scared almost of using my EX bar because his Super is so easy to link into. I should really focus on learning some FADC combos with him, for sure. Also, a good way to link into the SRK FADC Ultra combo. I like to MK poke then follow with a fireball; that's become kinda a bread and butter strategy for me. I was wondering if anyone out there has some good advice to get things moving again?

Dartastic said:
So, I think I need some words of advice. I seem to be the type of player that learns one really good new thing, and it just opens up an entire world of play. I play Ryu, and I think that I've been having problems with making a new large jump because I'm not making the combos that I should be making, and I'm kinda scared almost of using my EX bar because his Super is so easy to link into. I should really focus on learning some FADC combos with him, for sure. Also, a good way to link into the SRK FADC Ultra combo. I like to MK poke then follow with a fireball; that's become kinda a bread and butter strategy for me. I was wondering if anyone out there has some good advice to get things moving again?

If you're stuck in a corner, jump forward and immediately input his tatsumaki to roflcopter outta there.

MIMIC said:
I don't mean to sound mean (if the guy posts here, cuz I never know who's who :lol) but the commentary in all of his videos makes me want to jab a pencil in my ear.

Yeah, that's prob. the only reason his videos get views lol.

Nose Master

Vdragoon said:
Jumping in on Gief on knockdown is a NO NO. His lariat will either beat you or trade, either way it is not in your favour.

Still waiting for my Arcade in a Box stick I ordered way back in Feb. Only 52 others ahead of me. Hopefully, I get my stick at the end of this month or early next month.

Saikyo Knee beats lariat with a jump in. <3

Won

Threi totally disconnected on me, now I lost all faith in humanity and will never play any videogame ever again!

I don't believe in power cuts! Every true gamer has a mini generator for emergencies next to his system!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Bison hard challenge 4. How? :mad:

I can't link the MK after the MP. I've done it like once.

Edit: NM. I got it lolz.

drohne said:
i've been playing both versions on multiple network setups since launch, i think that's just how it is on ps3 -- fewer players online and maybe a different search protocol.

nah, I've never even heard about this error. its probably his PS3, or router-settings.

Won

Man, my opponents shouldn't be allowed to upload replays. No one needs to see my how much I suck with other characters!

Threi

notag
Won said:
Threi totally disconnected on me, now I lost all faith in humanity and will never play any videogame ever again!

I don't believe in power cuts! Every true gamer has a mini generator for emergencies next to his system!
No actually it was a ragequit and i forgot to send you hate mail :p

I was scared my 360 was gunna RROD...after the cut it turned on and failed to load the dashboard...and then i remembered the router didn't turn on yet :lol

Arde5643

Won said:
Also GG Arde. Not sure what you were doing, but GG. ^^
Considering I just woke up I guess it was just very late for you.
Yeah, I keep fucking up the timing on the cross-up jumping fierce (no one should be able to jump neutral a real cross-up). :p

I guess that's what happen when you play the game at 3-4 AM. :lol

Won said:
Man, my opponents shouldn't be allowed to upload replays. No one needs to see my how much I suck with other characters!

true, but it sucks even more if you screw up badly in the finals with your main character like: blocking some random ultra perfectly, but releasing your block halfway for no particular reason. robbing yourself on every level, you sure dont want to be reminded of that.

Augemitbutter said:
true, but it sucks even more if you screw up badly in the finals with your main character like: blocking some random ultra perfectly, but releasing your block halfway for no particular reason. robbing yourself on every level, you sure dont want to be reminded of that.

What's worse is when you screw up AFTER your opponent screws up. Now that's screwing up.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
What's worse is when you screw up AFTER your opponent screws up. Now that's screwing up.
that actually happened to me today. Blocked a sagat ultra and he had a sliver of life left, flubbed the command for reversal ultra, and got kneed to death.

:/

anyways enough of that:

DAMN YOU MICVLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

*shakes fist*

MIMIC

Banned
FindMyFarms said:

True story:

Once in a final, I fought a Cammy and we were both down to where ANY hit would kill us. So, I start my Ultra (Guile), and completely miss and almost throw the controller. Cammy starts her Ultra too early and it goes right under me. :lol

At that point, I didn't care who won. I was too busy laughing. :lol
I still won, tho

MoxManiac

Well, i'm not really sure what to do now.

My disconnect ratio is up to 6% or so thanks to capcom's incompetence. I'm afraid to play now because I know when the match concludes i'll get the now loading screen followed by the message that i've been disconnected from PSN, followed by another ding to my percentage. Pretty soon i'm going to start getting kicked from rooms and it's all because of this bug-infested patch and retarded ragequitter solution.

GGs Timedog (I was Nintendo Punk). Sorry I had to bail so soon, emergency came up. Who do you main? Is it Ryu? My piss poor Akuma was eating your Ryu revenge when I got called away, haha

Crazy thing. I went into training mode for a bit last night and I turned on the input data. It looks like with a square gate, I do HCFs instead of QCFs most of the time. Except when it's QCFx2, the 2nd QCF will be the normal motion.

Lyte Edge said:
He seemed to be a lot more subdued in this video. Is it because he knew who he was playing, or have all the angry responses to his shit-talking toned him down? :lol

Holy crap at the CP Arturo Sanchez had at the end! :O
He calmed himself down for the last 10 or so videos. He stopped caring cuz he kept losing with the chars he was trying to main. He blamed "online lag"

Imm0rt4l

Threi said:
Abel should have been a black guy

:/

balrog vs abel
from "Which one of these will prove the old axiom today!"
To "here comes some black on black violence!/announcer

this line will be in there just for deejay vs balrog, when he gets released as well as a variation for fuerte and t. hawk.

Imm0rt4l said:
any tips on doing qcfx2 on stick? I'm getting dp motions down a bit, but QCFX2 is kinda problematic for me right now.

Go in training, turn the inputs on, and practice. This helped me almost immediately.

Top Bottom