• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Garcian

No, fuck any ultra that I walk into. Which is most of them.

I feel I'm gradually getting worse at the game. It still has my heart though.

So yeah, do any gaffers from Singapore actually play this game? I get 4-5 bars with SG doods with my new ISP, before it was like 2. I really want to play with other people. I've been playing the same 30 local guys over and over again when I'm at home, and I need some new names.

I wish I could enjoy the game as much as some of my friends who just don't give a fuck and continuously play 1 red bar matches and still have fun. :(

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I now have a disconnect ratio of 18% and am finding it hard to get a game on the PS3 due to this.
Can anyone confirm that the 360 doesn't suffer the loss of GP/BP, incomplete tournaments error and bullshit d/c ratio?

I'm considering buying another 360, which means picking up another TE. So this will be quite a pricey decision.

Geezer said:
I now have a disconnect ratio of 18% and am finding it hard to get a game on the PS3 due to this.
Can anyone confirm that the 360 doesn't suffer the loss of GP/BP, incomplete tournaments error and bullshit d/c ratio?

I'm considering buying another 360, which means picking up another TE. So this will be quite a pricey decision.

Find someone in your are that can mod sticks, and get your stick dual modded. It's cheaper that way and you can use it wherever you go.

BitchTits

I have a Q about Rose: Does her EX Soul Reflect have any uses? I've never used it in game, I'm guessing it reflects EX fireballs? Anything else it can be used for like wake-up reversals or something? EX Soul Throw also seems useless.

On that note, I was thinking that Rose could use a juggle move that can be used to tag on her Soul Throw, kind of like Abel's Falling Sky after a c.HP. I use her HP soul reflect in a simple 3 hit combo j.HP/HK, c.HP, Soul Reflect and it throws the opponent back and in the air, if you could tag on the Soul Throw onto that, it would give it more uses.

Timedog said:
i still never use focus attacks or quick wake ups.
Quick wake ups are useful sometimes, other times not. A lot of people ONLY use quick wake up, so expect you to do the same. If you mix it up with a regular wake up, it messes up their cross up game or whatever they want to do once you're down.

I need to dual mod mine. I'll probably remove the stock PCB as well. Roundhouse and the directional controls drop after extended play and I have to replug the device. smh madcatz.

its beginning to get boring to kick the shit out of people in player matches. i hope G1 will pick up soon, im not a big fan of waiting around just to play a 3 min game.

tried to get better with gouki lately. damn, i forgot how fun he was. been a while....

Ledsen

Pop On Arrival said:
Seriously considering switching to Sagat as my main now. Fuck Chun li and her useless Ultra.

clk -> clp -> fierce tiger uppercut -> cancel -> ultra is ridiculously easy. Beats the shit of me trying to pressure my enemy into a corner just to have a shot at landing my ultra, and it's also freakin' dumb that the stronger part of her ultra combo completely whiffs on certain characters. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKSS

(and no, I haven't been losing, I've just been getting better with Sagat recently)

What? Her Ultra rules, cr.lkx2 -> Ultra in the corner and dash ultra to punish fireballs, so awesome! But yeah, it would've been soooo much better if it didn't whiff on some chars :(

okay so it's not that awesome, but at least you can combo into it sometimes

qcf x2

BitchTits said:
I have a Q about Rose: Does her EX Soul Reflect have any uses? I've never used it in game, I'm guessing it reflects EX fireballs? Anything else it can be used for like wake-up reversals or something? EX Soul Throw also seems useless.

On that note, I was thinking that Rose could use a juggle move that can be used to tag on her Soul Throw, kind of like Abel's Falling Sky after a c.HP. I use her HP soul reflect in a simple 3 hit combo j.HP/HK, c.HP, Soul Reflect and it throws the opponent back and in the air, if you could tag on the Soul Throw onto that, it would give it more uses.

EX soul reflect is for reflecting EX fireballs and it's probably her worst move, IMO. But EX soul throw is far from useless. If you see your opponent jump and you throw it out there, you're almost guaranteed to catch them unless they are within throw distance. It is extremely fast and is also a decent move to escape from pressure.

She could use a juggle, but then it'd have to be move specific. If you let her juggle her ultra there would be problems. As it is, after your reflect combo you can do a super and take almost 50% of your opponent's health.

The only thing annoying me now...well, besides my stick sometimes not wanting me to block when I'm plainly holding the correct direction....is how garbage Sakura and Dan are. Dan is a joke character so I get it, and I use him for those purposes but I'd rather if his slot was taken by one of the characters that actually won the Capcom popularity poll. And Sakura, well, the girl has no range, a SRK that doesn't anti-air, has horrible problems closing distance and has no reliable cross up. She's good when people whiff big moves. And that's it. They seriously need to give her the King of Fighters dash in the next iteration. At least that way she can have something.

Vdragoon

Ledsen said:
What? Her Ultra rules, cr.lpx2 -> Ultra in the corner and dash ultra to punish fireballs, so awesome! But yeah, it would've been soooo much better if it didn't whiff on some chars :(

What? Are you on crack or am I missing something here.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge said:
Finally made it to G2 on 360 (got there on PS3 a week or two ago); had an interesting night. Amazingly, STUNNINGLY, I fought only *one* Flowchart Ken and then the rest were a bunch of awesome Blanka, Rose, Fei-Long, E. Honda, Gouken, and Guile players. No Ryu players, no Akumas, and no Sagats. Couldn't believe it! :lol

Earlier today, I also beat someone who then sent me a voice message! Been a while since I've gotten one of those. I'd like to see if I can find a way to record it and get it uploaded; it's definitely one for the Bad Loser Wall of Shame!

G3 is weird. I got my ass kicked badly by a 6000 GP player, then beat an 11,000 GP player. Got destroyed by a 7000 GP player, then managed to take down a 12,000 GP player. Since it's been a while since I've played people so much higher in ranking, maybe it's just one of those cases of them underestimating a lower-ranked player, or just not trying as hard, I dunno. Even came across a really good Dan player who beat me down, too bad he was being an ass, making snide comments and snickering into the mic. He sounded like Urkel though, so I ended up laughing way harder than he was!

This guy had to have just been playing around. He didn't do random I don't think, but was moving the cursor all around the screen like mad on the select screen. He ended up with Sakura, and he went down really, really easily. I thought he was just messing with me in the first round and was going come back and demolish me, but that didn't happen.
3544442365_893b7fa735.jpg

And this guy played an awesome Ryu; got right up in my face and poked like crazy, never letting up. I barely won and really enjoyed the match.
3544442367_6361919fbc.jpg

The sickest player I fought was an Abel user who stayed right on top of me; the way he was poking was so fast that I couldn't do much of anything when he pinned me in the corner. I was in awe, and glad I was at least able to beat him one round! :lol

oh yeah, frezno finest. he's good. I think i sent him a message telling him to eat a bag of over salted dicks.

comrade

Seems like everyone can SRK -> FADC -> Ultra with Ryu except me. I always get an EX SRK to come out or throw the Ultra to fast and it either goes under them entirely or it only hits them once. ;(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Pop On Arrival said:
Add boxer and Rufus and I will begrudgingly agree.

Yeah Rufus has really climbed the ranks of my shit list recently. Spammy fat bastard with that stupid EX messiah kick. And Rog is just boring as hell to play against. If it was up to me the entire roster would consist of maybe 5 or 6 characters!

comrade said:
Seems like everyone can SRK -> FADC -> Ultra with Ryu except me. I always get an EX SRK to come out or throw the Ultra to fast and it either goes under them entirely or it only hits them once. ;(

Add me to the list, I will only attempt it in training mode and against friends. But I won't waste meter trying to do it online because I can't do it consistently even during practice. And even if I could, I'm not quick enough to react to a hit or miss. Meaning if a guy blocks my DP, I'll still go for the Ultra after FADC instead of stopping myself and going for something else like a throw.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
bob_arctor said:
Yeah Rufus has really climbed the ranks of my shit list recently. Spammy fat bastard with that stupid EX messiah kick. And Rog is just boring as hell to play against. If it was up to me the entire roster would consist of maybe 5 or 6 characters!

Balrog.png

bob_arctor said:

yeah me too

kenroster2.jpg

toneroni

Put persona 3 on hold and picked up SF4 again...ooh how i missed you! :D
No gotta do the slow climb up and try to "stick" with the stick...
Will start playing GAF matches again after I get it down!

Man...i still dont know who to main. I try to mess around with chun and other players in the first game but once i get to the 2nd round or finals, i go straight to shoto :lol

comrade said:
I can't do it in a real match .. In training I can do it like 90% of the time.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
catfish said:
sticks take a while to get used to, but after that it's all good

here are mine.
I want to get a custom artwork but I'll look into that later.
After playing a while on em I found that they are much better than stock parts. LIKE ALOT.

If you American I wouldn't buy from lizard lick, cancelled after 3 weeks waiting with no response. got the kit from gremlin solutions in the UK which were excellent.

CIMG3751.jpg

Also, I graduated to G2-C by winning a final. WOOOOOOO. Was stuck on 4999 points and kept losing like4 in a row. haha. then got on a hot streak. Beat a honda with my blanka ftw.

Got SMASHED by a few sagats before that :( at least I didn't play my nemesis bison though (can't beat that asshole)

I know that the buttons & stick don't cost that much, and that the SE & the TE aren't supposed to be hard to mod, but what tools did you use to mod them?

And you're in The Netherlands as well right? Despite not getting any 360 SE or TE sticks in till now and giving up on them, I'd still like to give a modded stick a try...

Oichi said:
You mean Oicho. :D

And you mean Ochio... :)

Won

bob_arctor said:

Wait! There are more than 6 characters? Haven't noticed!

:(

Ken rate is up to 50% again.

:/

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Won said:
Wait! There are more than 6 characters? Haven't noticed!

:(

Ken rate is up to 50% again.

:/

I'm convinced my success with Gen is simply a case of my opponents suffering from "whothefuckisthis??" syndrome.

LakeEarth

Rice-Eater said:
I'm sure you meant Ultra but anyways, it only works when your opponent is right next to the wall and you're right next to him/her. So the opportunity doesn't happen often. As for the Ultra, it's cool to do but not worth it since the Ultra does so little damage. Only do it if your opponent has like 5% life left.
You can FADC the EX fireball into ultra midscreen. Had that happen to me once.

BitchTits

qcf x2 said:
She could use a juggle, but then it'd have to be move specific. If you let her juggle her ultra there would be problems. As it is, after your reflect combo you can do a super and take almost 50% of your opponent's health.
Nice. I'd never thought you could tack on the Super there.

I agree with your post about Sakura too. She's fun, but hard work.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Skilotonn said:
I know that the buttons & stick don't cost that much, and that the SE & the TE aren't supposed to be hard to mod, but what tools did you use to mod them?

And you're in The Netherlands as well right? Despite not getting any 360 SE or TE sticks in till now and giving up on them, I'd still like to give a modded stick a try...

And you mean Ochio... :)
it was an easy mod yeah, need a phillips head screw driver, a very small flathead screwdriver (not critical) and that's about it.

The only problem I had was getting the quick connect things off the buttons, some of em are stuck pretty hard and I used the little screwdriver as a prying tool.

I'm in amsterdam, you can check em out if you near here.

Also, they are available now in netherlands. Next day available delivered to your door actually. Only the SE version. www.consoleshop.nl has them. They deliver on time as well.

Level 8 boss Good games man, my roomate came in and wanted to play so that's why I left. Wasn't doing the 'I won 54% of the games quick run away' tactic. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Timedog said:
oh yeah, frezno finest. he's good. I think i sent him a message telling him to eat a bag of over salted dicks.
baha.

I want to play you. add me on XBL!

armedcatfish

FindMyFarms said:
who's gen? can he jab real fast?
Tons of Gens play on Championship mode People are figuring him out fast. He is all about his cross up game.

So was Ranked Matches always showing Disconnect % when CE came out? Because I swear it wasnt.. and now it is..

(Frick double post)

Vangellis

Man G2 is so much better than G3. Strangely I feel like im winning so much more in G2 cause people actually have a gameplan. Plus its nice not to fight Ken, Ryu and Akuma over and over.

Actually just go a funny ken today. Was funny before the match started his tag was something like hotrod2324... Im thinking, I bet he will choose ken and play like a reckless idiot. He did, jumped in at the start, fire uppercuts everywhere. Shorkens on wakeup, throwing his ulta with no regard to anything. I thought i was demoted back to G3. Even after baiting every wakeup and punishing him after ever whiff he didnt modify his game. lol was a quick match, but made me thankful for seeing alot less of that in G2

Made it to G2-C last night, wooo! Pretty fun night full of good matches, some of which I should've won and some of which I got really lucky on. One thing did piss me off, though. I've pretty much got down most sagat strategies (jump back +kick, tigerx100/tiger, jump in, uppercut/etc.) but yesterday I got pretty fucking pissed playing a Sagat that pretty much only used tiger knee. Because of his size and range this pretty much meant all of my moves were fucked (I play cammy if you recall). Pretty much every move I have has some kind of horizontal motion involved and Sagat's TK pretty rips through anything coming on the X axis. And it fucking kills jump ins to...that shit's overpowered.

Any tips for Cammy matchup against a TK spamming Sagat?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Vangellis said:
Man G2 is so much better than G3. Strangely I feel like im winning so much more in G2 cause people actually have a gameplan. Plus its nice not to fight Ken, Ryu and Akuma over and over.

Actually just go a funny ken today. Was funny before the match started his tag was something like hotrod2324... Im thinking, I bet he will choose ken and play like a reckless idiot. He did, jumped in at the start, fire uppercuts everywhere. Shorkens on wakeup, throwing his ulta with no regard to anything. I thought i was demoted back to G3. Even after baiting every wakeup and punishing him after ever whiff he didnt modify his game. lol was a quick match, but made me thankful for seeing alot less of that in G2

G2 is still possible to gain entry to by GP 'farming'

G1 is going to be fucking crazy (if I ever get there)

Demotion will be sooo heartbreaking hahaha.

Is G1 a negative GP for losing in first round? Actually does anyone have a link for a description of?

I thought I was getting worse at SF, but it's not the case at all. G2 is very stiff competition. it's perfect. My bison is getting better as well. Not quickly enough, but i'm starting to 'get' him. Fucking guile rapes him though.

catfish said:
G2 is still possible to gain entry to by GP 'farming'

G1 is going to be fucking crazy (if I ever get there)

Demotion will be sooo heartbreaking hahaha.

Is G1 a negative GP for losing in first round? Actually does anyone have a link for a description of?

I thought I was getting worse at SF, but it's not the case at all. G2 is very stiff competition. it's perfect. My bison is getting better as well. Not quickly enough, but i'm starting to 'get' him. Fucking guile rapes him though.
I thought G1 was no GP loss.. and S+ was GP loss.

so how many points do you need to make G1

I'm sure its an absurd amount...I don't think I'm winning consistently enough to ever get there any time this summer.

AllGamer

BotoxAgent said:

I'm sure its an absurd amount...I don't think I'm winning consistently enough to ever get there any time this summer.

15k GP for G1-E

TurtleSnatcher said:
I thought G1 was no GP loss.. and S+ was GP loss.

Afaik that's true

edit: no it's not

The tournament system is set up to reward you for participating. At G3, you actually score a point even if you get knocked out in your very first match. At G2, you don’t gain points for a first-round loss, but don’t lose any either. Similarly, you never lose points by participating in the FREE rank tournaments. Only in the top G1 and SG tournaments is it possible to lose GP, and even then you only ever lose 5 points for a first-round loss.

Won

You lose 5 points after a loss in the first round and you win 10 after a loss in the second in G1. No deranking apparently.

BotoxAgent said:

15k GP

What I don't like is that if you're dedicated enough and play enough, you'll still reach G1 Advanced, no matter how scrubby you are. That's where I start to miss the BP system and how it took away points for losing (I know that happens in higher Championship modes but I think it should be implented sooner).

I just performed my first successful DP>FADC>Ultra in a online match. I won the first round and was winning the 2nd, so I just thought "oh why not". So I went for a cross up and immediately into EX DP, I waited till after the 2nd hit so it would pop him in the air higher and I'd have more time to do my DF motions. And the extra time really helped since I could do slower and clean DF motions(on a DS3) rather then trying to desperately mash it. Anyways the Ultra ended the round and won me some points so I've finally found a way to add DP>FADC>Ultra into my game without hit confirm. Now I only require 3 EX bars and hope that most players such as myself won't be able to react accordingly to cross ups.

Top Bottom