• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Shadow780

Yeah I think you gonna some kind of video-out-to-TV+video-in functionality instead having just video-in for recording since USB connection tends to lag a bit after each button inputs, so you can't actually play matches on PC screen.

Find something with PCIe connection, those should be lag free so you can play & record at the same time.

GalacticAE said:
Something like this?:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VM60I8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not sure what I should be looking for when it comes to video capture since I've never done it.

Edit: NVM I realized that's not what I'm looking for. I need something like what you posted but less expensive since I'm only looking to record sd content for now.
I bought a cheap camera that supports AV In.

It allows me to take it to tournaments and record off screen or record SD video via direct feed from a TV as long as it has AV Out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pezradar

You can see my videos and the quality (The ones I play online against GAFers.. Not last nights tournament those are off screen but my camera also records in HD (crappy HD). It only was like 150 or something..)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Good Casuals between Gootecks and Mike Ross. Ross has some tricks. But Gootecks with the tank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPzfa8wKPYA&feature=related

And G2 is good comp.

I don't care what people say about Sagat/Honda, this matchup is worse.

I play that matchup differently, if I get a lead with Honda, I try to run as much as possible rest of round. Honda's priority is so low vs Balrog that I don't want to chance anything.

Zabka said:
The guy at 1:25 is pretty much what I picture all Flowchart Kens look like in real life. Furiously mashing out dragon punch motions regardless of what is happening on screen.
Exactly what I was thinking :lol

karasu

I want to thank the guys who mentioned Fei Longs low medium punch poke and throwing Zangief after that glowing hand shite. I'm actually winning matches now!

karasu said:
I want to thank the guys who mentioned Fei Longs low medium punch poke and throwing Zangief after that glowing hand shite. I'm actually winning matches now!
'grats!

Zangief is like a 7-3 match for Abel
Soooo hard. Anyone have any tips?

I typically wheel kick with recovery outside Gief's SPD range or as an anti-air, standing fierce at max range to beat Lariat, and if I'm feeling brave and have Ultra, deep forward crossup to low fierce launcher followed by Soulless (of course, if he blocks I eat an SPD or if he lariats, it's a trade to his advantage). This tends not to be enough though, I'm like 2-10 against Giefs in G2. Again, any help is appreciated.

_dementia said:
'grats!

I typically wheel kick with recovery outside Gief's SPD range or as an anti-air, standing fierce at max range to beat Lariat, and if I'm feeling brave and have Ultra, deep forward crossup to low fierce launcher followed by Soulless (of course, if he blocks I eat an SPD or if he lariats, it's a trade to his advantage). This tends not to be enough though, I'm like 2-10 against Giefs in G2. Again, any help is appreciated.

Ive been doing really good against gief lately. just keep switching up and don't get close for obvious reasons. ex wheel kicks whens he in the air. mk>dash>tornado throw on wakeup (use sparingly). always save an ex bar so you can roll it in case shit gets hairy. basically keep mobile and watch out for the lariats and jump-in super/ultra

Can we view vids we've uploaded from tourney matches online, or does it have to be from the game?

Been a while since I last posted on the boards, but GG's to everyone I played these last few days.

bdizzle said:
Can we view vids we've uploaded from tourney matches online, or does it have to be from the game?
Has to be from the game. You also have to individually save them to your hard drive too once you're allowed to upload one of 'em to the leaderboards.

toneroni

Wish I had a video recording device...Had some really good matches with some G2-A Akumas last night.
Slowly trying to get the rust out of my game.
Had the game since launch and i'm not sure if I reached 75 hours yet! :lol
The problem is that I end up going days without playing due to work, gf or persona!
Can't seem to get in more than 30 mins or so at a time.

Been maining Ryu lately, and can only really play the old school SF characters. Not enough time to learn the new ones yet! :p

Still love it though! :D

Control Freaks Tournament 6-17-09

FindMyFarms won this tourney.. I have the videos up. Grand Finals will be up later this evening (Gotta add part 2 to the playlist after it uploads.. part 1 is on the playlist but still being uploaded)

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0AA06D15F0708FE4

1st Place - FindMyFarms - Boxer
2nd Place - vietnamazing - Cammy (One of the better Cammy's in TX)
3rd Place - amodf - Rufus (Probably best Rufus in Dallas)
4th Place - Buktooth - El Fuerte (Probably one of the two best Fuertes in the US)

TurtleSnatcher said:
He plays PS3 so yea you probably have.
The Control Freak tourney was on 360 though, right?
So many US tournaments play on 360. Except Evo of course.

At the last event I attended there were 11 360 setups and only one PS3 one :/

I think I should just get my VSHG dualmodded.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Just finished a podcast with haunts and gootecks for iplaywinner, it should be up soon! It's mainly about training and tips on how to get better.

toneroni

Oichi said:
Just finished a podcast with haunts and gootecks for iplaywinner, it should be up soon! It's mainly about training and tips on how to get better.
sweet.

also congrats on the win FMF! :D
Thanks for the videos Turtle!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TurtleSnatcher said:
Just finished up a local tournament here in the Dallas/Plano area.

No one knew about it until last minute then suddenly like all of the Dallas elite showed up.

I got a bye on the first round.. but my first actual match of course was against Buktooth.. :lol I almost squeaked a round!

But our very own FindMyFarms (Adnan) got all the way to the grand finals and won! I did then win my next match in Losers but then lost my next one to JW... fucking Chun.. I went 1-1 then lost the last match since he ditched Sakura.

He won $150.00 - First tourney win so congrats to him. I pretty much give full credit my TE stick he was using!

Anyways

1) FindMyFarms - Boxer
2) vietnamazing - Cammy
3) amodf - Rufus (He won TiT tournament this past weekend in Dallas)
4) Buktooth - El Fuerte

I finished around 14th or some shit..

By the way.. I have videos uploading to YouTube so you all can see some of the fine work the Dallas Players have ;P
That's awesome. Congrats FindMyFarms. :D

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:
'grats!

Gief is Grief for Abel
His Jabs/pokes are faster, normals do alot of damage, and are very reliable for Gief, and of course Magic Lariet(biggest hit box EVA)

as a whole: In and out, dont rely on Wheel Kick too much, and dont miss any opportunity to do heavy damage.

im sure you know Green hand punishments

- The Wake up games: When Gief is down, i use my dash to trick or bait him to wake doing something stupid, later in the fight he'll realize im just baiting, but i'll dash a second time just in time to TT him, be unpredictable on his Wake up.

- When you're down, many Giefs will try cross-up splashes. my Answers: EX Roll out, Jump MK the opposite way(this also beats Lariet most of time in my experience), standing Fierce punch sometimes trades with the splash.

-LK and FK both have reach, can be helpful vs a walking Gief

Thanks for the props guys! It was a gutwrenching tourney for me where I was on the verge of elimination in almost every other round. My finals match was even more intense because I was coming from loser's, and there were so many parts where it could have been all over for me.

BTW >>This is me getting Daigo'd :lol <<

Even though it was a small tourney, the competitiong that came out was fucking ridiculous. Last week, we had TiT which featured top players from all over Tx, and I had to beat EVERY single person that finished in the top 4 of that tourney (I got 7th in that one.) It felt especially good winning this tourney because I beat the two people (Buktooth, 5th in Denjin SBO qualifiers, and Vietnamazing, probably the best Cammy in America) that took me out at TiT, and I finally got my payback against Logan (winner of TiT, but better known as the guy that EX messiah kicked me.)

I will say though, my execution in this tourney was extremely terrible. If you watch the videos, you can see me ruining ex upper loops, missing cr. rh's after overheads, not hit confirming my cr. jab's -> headbutts, etc. It's definitely a different ball game under the pressure, but I stuck to my zoning/spacing and making reads on my opponents to carry me through.

Excecution errors be damned. You deserve it!

did you end up taking the cash prize or the custom stick?

Thanks for the Zangief tips guys.
DT, I know about punishing green hand. Thing is, in G2 opponents rarely use it, (except for the EX version as a combo ender after a lariat trade)

_dementia said:
Excecution errors be damned. You deserve it!

did you end up taking the cash prize or the custom stick?

I took the cash prize!

Just putting this out there, people were raggin on Control Freak's sticks when the tourney was advertised on SRK, but they were GREAT people. They took constructive criticism on their sticks really well, and for running a tourney for the first time, it was extremely efficient. They were all accomodating, and even took the communities advice on how to run the brackets/format. Great people.

toneroni

TurtleSnatcher said:
Just finished up a local tournament here in the Dallas/Plano area.

No one knew about it until last minute then suddenly like all of the Dallas elite showed up.

I got a bye on the first round.. but my first actual match of course was against Buktooth.. :lol I almost squeaked a round!

But our very own FindMyFarms (Adnan) got all the way to the grand finals and won! I did then win my next match in Losers but then lost my next one to JW... fucking Chun.. I went 1-1 then lost the last match since he ditched Sakura.

He won $150.00 - First tourney win so congrats to him. I pretty much give full credit my TE stick he was using!

Anyways

1) FindMyFarms - Boxer
2) vietnamazing - Cammy
3) amodf - Rufus (He won TiT tournament this past weekend in Dallas)
4) Buktooth - El Fuerte

I finished around 14th or some shit..

By the way.. I have videos uploading to YouTube so you all can see some of the fine work the Dallas Players have ;P

lol watching that made me think someone should have been shouting in the background "Go get him A!" like that annoying guy in the Justin Wong vs Arturo WCG video...

LakeEarth

Last night I finally brought my Rufus and Fuerte to G2 to see how I've improved.... yeah my Fuerte is still crap, and my Rufus couldn't get to the finals. I've got some practicing to do!

FindMyFarms said:
Thanks for the props guys! It was a gutwrenching tourney for me where I was on the verge of elimination in almost every other round. My finals match was even more intense because I was coming from loser's, and there were so many parts where it could have been all over for me.

BTW >>This is me getting Daigo'd :lol <<

Even though it was a small tourney, the competitiong that came out was fucking ridiculous. Last week, we had TiT which featured top players from all over Tx, and I had to beat EVERY single person that finished in the top 4 of that tourney (I got 7th in that one.) It felt especially good winning this tourney because I beat the two people (Buktooth, 5th in Denjin SBO qualifiers, and Vietnamazing, probably the best Cammy in America) that took me out at TiT, and I finally got my payback against Logan (winner of TiT, but better known as the guy that EX messiah kicked me.)

I will say though, my execution in this tourney was extremely terrible. If you watch the videos, you can see me ruining ex upper loops, missing cr. rh's after overheads, not hit confirming my cr. jab's -> headbutts, etc. It's definitely a different ball game under the pressure, but I stuck to my zoning/spacing and making reads on my opponents to carry me through.

Holy Shit! That's some excellent Cammy play.

YakiSOBA

gj findmyfarms! :)

i never understood the idea behind charge characters.... dont u need to hold back for like 2 seconds for most moves, so how do people get things to come out like they are using a shoto character?

YakiSOBA said:
gj findmyfarms! :)

i never understood the idea behind charge characters.... dont u need to hold back for like 2 seconds for most moves, so how do people get things to come out like they are using a shoto character?
Buffer your charge by holding back/downback while you input other command to combo into specials.

for example, a Balrog player would hold down-back while pressing jab, then short, move the stick to up-back and press fierce to combo into the headbutt. He buffered the down charge for the headbutt during those first two attacks, and after he lands from the headbutt he has buffered a back charge to use for Ultra if he can.

...and it's more like 1 second to charge.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Just uploaded part 2 of the Grand Finals between FindMyFarms and vietnamazing

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0AA06D15F0708FE4&sort_field=added

Haha I found it just before you posted this.

FARMS:

I expected significant amounts of trash talk and was disappointed. WEAK.

SRSLY, though, great work. Even if you had some execution errors, you used some great mind games, baiting the Ultra, then hitting with the FA in the EXACT same situation in a later round, using the overhead at good times, but not too often. Congrats.

toneroni

prodystopian said:
Haha I found it just before you posted this.

FARMS:

I expected significant amounts of trash talk and was disappointed. WEAK.
Lol exactly! and I wanted him to have hype men backing him up! :lol
but yeah goood stuff. I like how you kept your cool.
Wow the cammy was sick but sometimes relied too much on psychic moves which whiffed...

toneroni said:
Lol exactly! and I wanted him to have hype men backing him up! :lol
but yeah goood stuff. I like how you kept your cool.
Wow the cammy was sick but sometimes relied too much on psychic moves which whiffed...
When he beat Roger (Didn't record) he was hyped :p

vietnamazing is sick with Cammy. Though Boxer is one of Cammys worst matchups.

I did so bad =[

I had to play Buktooth first.. only got 1 round.. then played some scrub and won 4 straight rounds to knock him out then played JW.. Got raped by JW first match with his Sakura.. then switched back to Fuerte and raped him.. then he went to Chun and beat me =[

YakiSOBA

Is JW = Justin Wong ?

Out of curiosity, where does Justin Wong and Marn train, do they go to these types of tourneys? Who do they train with?

toneroni

TurtleSnatcher said:
When he beat Roger (Didn't record) he was hyped :p

vietnamazing is sick with Cammy. Though Boxer is one of Cammys worst matchups.

I did so bad =[

I had to play Buktooth first.. only got 1 round.. then played some scrub and won 4 straight rounds to knock him out then played JW.. Got raped by JW first match with his Sakura.. then switched back to Fuerte and raped him.. then he went to Chun and beat me =[
Tough draw to go through buktooth first! Who did you use to match up with sakura first? Gen?
How many people signed up for the tourney?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
YakiSOBA said:
Is JW = Justin Wong ?

Out of curiosity, where does Justin Wong and Marn train, do they go to these types of tourneys? Who do they train with?

Marn occasionally showed up to the local tournies, and Wong's been here a couple of times. If he hits a tourney, he usually wins enough to make up for the cost of going.

MIMIC

Banned
GGs..uhh....whoever that was. :)

Oh yeah...I played someone that beat me 20 times in a row @_@ The first 10 were really frustrating until I realized that he was actually really, really, really good. In all, he beat me 25 times, IIRC. I managed to sneak in 3 wins against him somewhere. He used at least 6 or 7 different players. I kept playing him just for the sake of my pride. I HAD to beat him at least once! :lol

Also, I think my Guile is much better than my Fuerte, even though I enjoy playing with Fuerte more. There are just way too many match-ups that make me want to pull my hair out: Honda, Balrog, Blanka, Gen, all-I-do-is-jump-backwards-and-throw-air-fireballs Akuma, people who constantly jump backwards in general, etc. I know the match-ups and everything but you have to exert so much effort just to balance the match-ups. Against decent players, El Fuerte matches are either really quick (anyone can win) or really long (where, again, anyone can win). And Focus Attack = anti-El Fuerte. Now YOU have to start guessing. :lol

arstal said:
Need to set goal of getting into G1 tomorrow. 46 win streak made it realistic.

you-can-do-it.jpg

@prodys,toneroni - I'm always really shook up after a close tourney win. I'm in a different place and usually just end up standing and walking around for a bit lol. Sometimes though, I will have an emotional outburst like what turtle referred to, but most of the times I'm just fuckin out there lol.

@Yakisoba - JW is a top player from Dallas, not Justin Wong lol. But yes, Wong goes to a shitload of tourneys, even Texas ones, it's just that we own him every time he comes down here :)

YakiSOBA said:
Is JW = Justin Wong ?

I saw an interview where Wong said he puts 40 hours a week into his games.

So, I guess they make careers out of it. And he's been to every tournament I've been to, and they weren't all major. Maryland and South Carolina tournaments were mid-sized EC only tourneys. I'd imagine between NYC, every major and most medium sized tourneys, West coast, East Coast, midwest, Japan... MLG/WCG whatever...Travels to Europe... he gets to play the best comp in the States and occasionally the world.

I've never been that serious. College, work, life etc. But I've been to Evo and I have supported the community and played tournaments for 5 years now. It's really a great scene.

Also, it's pretty fuck awesome to think that you can actually make a career and travel the world out of being good at a videogame.

milkham

Arpharmd B said:
I saw an interview where Wong said he puts 40 hours a week into his games.

So, I guess they make careers out of it. And he's been to every tournament I've been to, and they weren't all major. Maryland and South Carolina tournaments were mid-sized EC only tourneys. I'd imagine between NYC, every major and most medium sized tourneys, West coast, East Coast, midwest, Japan... MLG/WCG whatever...Travels to Europe... he gets to play the best comp in the States and occasionally the world.

I've never been that serious. College, work, life etc. But I've been to Evo and I have supported the community and played tournaments for 5 years now. It's really a great scene.

Also, it's pretty fuck awesome to think that you can actually make a career and travel the world out of being good at a videogame.

i was listening to that gootecks sf4 podcast and there was one where he basically said of all the big well known east coast players don't have jobs except for one guy long island joe or something and they were trying to convince him to quit haha

milkham said:
i was listening to that gootecks sf4 podcast and there was one where he basically said of all the big well known east coast players don't have jobs except for one guy long island joe or something and they were trying to convince him to quit haha

That's awesome, but something I could never do. I think my rents would have disowned me if I told them instead of going to college I was going to go on the road with Street Fighter. Looking back, I should have tied my headband, filled my napsack and just roamed the earth in search of comp, Ryu style.

Top Bottom