• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

karasu

Nerfing and balancing is all great. But I want new characters, costumes, and victory poses. The alternate costumes they have now are atrocious. Chun Li's makes her look fat instead of muscular.

karasu said:
Nerfing and balancing is all great. But I want new characters, costumes, and victory poses. The alternate costumes they have now are atrocious. Chun Li's makes her look fat instead of muscular.

(neutral) karasu
Likes his fat guys jiggly
(Today, 11:09 AM)
Reply | Quote

Couldn't resist

akachan ningen said:
Wait, how did it go from 42 to 96 characters?

Relix said:
Holy shit! 96?! Wow!

I didn't know the real number, so I just threw out a really high number.

karasu

Yeah! I finally won a tournament in Championship mode!

kapmkx.jpg

bow down!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Dartastic said:
Haunts laughs at his 3 month ban. Muahahahahah.

That's how long bans last around here? Just curious.

As for megacast games, oftentimes one of two things happens:

a) Some chars are so crappy that the number of effective chars you have to know reduces

b) There's enough similarity between chars that it makes it easier.

Note: this does NOT apply for 98UM. Game experiences counts for a TON in that, moreso then any other fighter I think. SF comes close.

_dementia said:
I wonder if there are flowcharters in G1.
They must play this game like a grinding RPG.
Flowcharters have succesfully grinded their way to G1, as well as mashers and turbo abusers. I (sadly) encounter those type of players at least 50% of the time, it's ridiculous.

A lot of them have 20 000+ GP too, and the #1 guy on the leaderboards always uses turbo buttons for his Sagat.

Rufus

3rd day on a stick and I already won a tournament. My win ratio did go down expectedly, but I didn't think I'd win a tournament this soon. Anyway: Whohooo!
I guess getting used to a stick isn't much of an issue for people who aren't that great to begin with. :lol It already feels so much better than the analogue stick though, it's silly.

MicVlaD said:
and the #1 guy on the leaderboards always uses turbo buttons for his Sagat.

wtf? what could sagat possibly have that needs turbo

sssccrrrruuubbbbb

The #1 on PSN is just as bad, I played him out of curiousity and mauled him.

I'm watching HDR at Devastation right now and damn, Ryu's fake fireball recovers just as fast as Guile's sonic boom if not slightly faster. I haven't touched HD Remix or the Alpha series in a while so I've forgotten just how useful it can be. Ryu players unite and start sending tons of mail to Capcom to give Ryu his fake fireball back in the next SF4 update

Fake Hado(baits the jump in)>LP SRK(FADC if necessary)>Metsu can be the new MP,MP>SRK>FADC>Metsu :lol

Rice-Eater said:
I'm watching HDR at Devastation right now and damn, Ryu's fake fireball recovers just as fast as Guile's sonic boom if not slightly faster. I haven't touched HD Remix or the Alpha series in a while so I've forgotten just how useful it can be. Ryu players unite and start sending tons of mail to Capcom to give Ryu his fake fireball back in the next SF4 update :D

I never really understood when to use it. Then again, I never got into as high level play in HDR as I did in this. Untechable tick throws ruined that game for me in higher levels. Yes, I'm mad because I suck at it.

The one mistake and your screwed style that it made was cool but too hardcore for me :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'd love to see more fakes in SF. Ken fake DP, Honda fake headbutt, etc...

The FF series has those, and while they led to stupidity because you could use them in combos, as fakes they were fun.

I always used it against friends when we're up close to bait jump ins so I could anti air them with a DP or even a standing HK. Of course it'd only be useful if they played a none fireball user or they'd just be spamming FB all day which makes the fake worthless.

MIMIC

Banned
arstal said:
I'd love to see more fakes in SF. Ken fake DP, Honda fake headbutt, etc...

The FF series has those, and while they led to stupidity because you could use them in combos, as fakes they were fun.

Holy fucking shit. I was LITERALLY about to suggest that Guile should get a fake sonic boom. I even implied it as much in a huge post that I just decided to erase :lol

Are you psychic?

EDIT: Hmmm...I didn't know that Ryu had a fake fireball in earlier SF games.

FindMyFarms said:
wtf? what could sagat possibly have that needs turbo

sssccrrrruuubbbbb

The #1 on PSN is just as bad, I played him out of curiousity and mauled him.
TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER KO

*edit* needed more TIGER

LakeEarth

MIMIC said:
Holy fucking shit. I was LITERALLY about to suggest that Guile should get a fake sonic boom. I even implied it as much in a huge post that I just decided to erase :lol

Are you psychic?

EDIT: Hmmm...I didn't know that Ryu had a fake fireball in earlier SF games.
Although Guile needs something, a fake sonic boom would just make Honda vs Guile an even worse matchup.

prodystopian said:
(neutral) karasu
Likes his fat guys jiggly
(Today, 11:09 AM)
Reply | Quote

Couldn't resist

I didn't know the real number, so I just threw out a really high number.

makes sense. no game will ever touch mvc2's 56 unique characters. except maybe mvc3.

Om3ga

So... yesterday i found out C. Viper can FADC without using a super bar... My question is how many Viper players know about it/use it?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just played a 12000 gp honda who was wrecking me with blocked j rh. -> ochio tick throws. range on that thing is pretty crazy -- i guess most hondas don't take advantage of it. lost before i could find a good counter

Relix said:
XBL Brackets
http://i41.tinypic.com/i4qr01.gif

PSN Brackets
http://i39.tinypic.com/sfypv7.gif

Just updating with the recent brackets for the GAF Singles tourney. Lots of games left to go, Wednesday is the limit!

Oooooh, Find is moving on up. Keep it going. Also, congrats on your recent tourney win. And Phatsaqs is dominating the Live tourney.

Mike Ross vs. Justin Wong coming up in the Devestation stream.

Ricky Ortiz beat Ken I with Rufus.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So after a week and a half or so of not being able to get my Xbox to turn on, it's started working again for whatever reason. And holy cow do I feel rusty. Still under warranty, so I might up sending it in anyway...

So... yesterday i found out C. Viper can FADC without using a super bar... My question is how many Viper players know about it/use it?

Wat? Viper can't do that. She can super jump cancel though, and I'd reckon that anyone who knows anything about Viper at all does it.

Om3ga

Lost Fragment said:
So after a week and a half or so of not being able to get my Xbox to turn on, it's started working again for whatever reason. And holy cow do I feel rusty. Still under warranty, so I might up sending it in anyway...

Wat? Viper can't do that. She can super jump cancel though, and I'd reckon that anyone who knows anything about Viper at all does it.
Super Jump cancel into a dash?

You guy need to tune into Devastation feed right now. They fucked up the brackets and all the big matches are happening now. Mike Ross played Jwong, now it's Combofiend vs. Ed Ma. Etc., good fights.

Upsets galore. Choi beats Ortiz. Wong beats Ross (not an upset but more of a travesty in the brackets). Ortiz beats Ken I with his character. Most of these upsets are occurring in the first round. Ed Ma loses to Combo Fiend.

Gootecks was pissed with the brackets, as they made it bottom heavy instead of top. All of the good matches are at the beginning.

Spiderjericho said:
Upsets galore. Choi beats Ortiz. Wong beats Ross (not an upset but more of a travesty in the brackets). Ortiz beats Ken I with his character. Most of these upsets are occurring in the first round. Ed Ma loses to Combo Fiend.

Gootecks was pissed with the brackets, as they made it bottom heavy instead of top. All of the good matches are at the beginning.

Tournament players are always such babies. Even if they have all these top player matches early, the best players will still rise to the top via the losers' bracket.

No, it's over!!! I never got to see any Third Strike coverage.
What's the story on the Watson vs. Gootecks situation? And Gootecks got mauled by the tiger.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Spiderjericho said:
No, it's over!!! I never got to see any Third Strike coverage.
What's the story on the Watson vs. Gootecks situation? And Gootecks got mauled by the tiger.

that fight reinforces why Sagat needs the neurfs

Oh ok. I thought it was more epic than that. Most of these rivalries are a result of pointless ish talking. Guess Justin said something earlier in the stream that he though Marn and he were the favorites for the tournament. Mike Ross says GTFOH!!

Mike Ross gets Bonged by J.Wong. It was a lil close but not too much. The Dive kick was too much for Honda. Great, some TS coverage.

I'm not sure which game I prefer. I wish there were universal overheads in IV and super jumps (to jump over retarded ultra setups).

Top Bottom