• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zapages said:
Guys,

Don't play Hroken on Championship because he uses Seth in and is freakin cheap with him as well... He does the unblockable move aka that you are pulled in and then some hits and then pulls you in and then repeat. Also I am not talking about the ultra nor the special. Just letting you guys know who play on PS3...

Hadoken or jump beats it. Don't give up so fast man.

_dementia said:
Jump up from Zangief if you think he's going to SPD. If you're not Abel, you probably don't have anything to outprioritize it. punches and kicks won't work.

Jumping forward/back will get you thrown due to extra start up frames. You have to jump up.

Killa Sasa said:
GG's to Mr Farms. Went back and forth for a little while there before you broke it open :lol Sorry I had to go, brain no function sleep well without. You probably were shaking off a little Blazblue rust in the first few go arounds, I haven't leveled up in a while.

Nah, you were winning legit. Those were really good games man, sorry to keep you up lol.

Mr Jared

Nikashi said:
Also, has a console tier list been created yet? Every list I've seen is missing all the console exclusive characters.

Take the arcade tier list, now cram all the console characters at the bottom, but still above Vega. Boom, you're done. Okay, but to be more specific (and mostly IMO from everything I've seen)-

C - Gen
D - Sakura, Rose, Cammy
F - Dan, Fei-Long

That's just me trying to be fair. Gen is C but he's a gimmick character that would be a D if so many people wouldn't fall for his crap. He can do a lot of great things but he mostly relies on setups that, if you're comfortable fighting him, aren't that big a threat.

Sakura, Rose and Cammy are the prime examples of what's wrong with console characters: none of them are versatile. Sakura can be a threat, but she does no damage. Rose and Cammy quite simply have nothing positive going for them, but they're not as bad as F-tier. And remember I used to main Rose :lol

Fei-Long and Dan are joke characters. I was so hype to play some Fei-Long (he became my HD Remix main along with my OGST main, Gief) but man ... he's just flat out bad. Damage aside, there's just nothing going on there.

And Dan is Dan :lol

Mr Jared said:
Take the arcade tier list, now cram all the console characters at the bottom, but still above Vega. Boom, you're done. Okay, but to be more specific (and mostly IMO from everything I've seen)-

C - Gen
D - Sakura, Rose, Cammy
F - Dan, Fei-Long

That's just me trying to be fair. Gen is C but he's a gimmick character that would be a D if so many people wouldn't fall for his crap. He can do a lot of great things but he mostly relies on setups that, if you're comfortable fighting him, aren't that big a threat.

Sakura, Rose and Cammy are the prime examples of what's wrong with console characters: none of them are versatile. Sakura can be a threat, but she does no damage. Rose and Cammy quite simply have nothing positive going for them, but they're not as bad as F-tier. And remember I used to main Rose :lol

Fei-Long and Dan are joke characters. I was so hype to play some Fei-Long (he became my HD Remix main along with my OGST main, Gief) but man ... he's just flat out bad. Damage aside, there's just nothing going on there.

Cammy's a good character. She's one of the few(maybe only?) character's that can punish footsie baits w/ a 2in1 -> knockdown on reaction, and it does decent damage to boot. She has one of the highest priority anti-airs in the game, and really good ground game, and strong pokes. She has a lot of great tools off a knockdown, from meaties, to footsie mixups.

Fei Long is aite. Buktooth told me he thought he was even w/ the rest of the arcade characters (outside sagat,ryu,akuma,gief) prepatch, but after the patch he fell off big time.

Sakura sucks lol. And yeah, Gen's hardcore gimmicky. Stay grounded and punish jump ins, congrats, you can now beat every Gen in the world!

Mr Jared

FindMyFarms said:
Cammy's a good character. She's one of the few(maybe only?) character's that can punish footsie baits w/ a 2in1 -> knockdown on reaction, and it does decent damage to boot. She has one of the highest priority anti-airs in the game, and really good ground game, and strong pokes. She has a lot of great tools off a knockdown, from meaties, to footsie mixups.

Aside from the anti-air tip (because yeah, Cannon Spike rules), you can say a lot of the same things about Rose. With tweaks, they can both be amazing, but most characters can shut down or out zone a Cammy all day long. I know as Chun-Li I never seem to run into any problems keeping her out.

Mr Jared said:
Aside from the anti-air tip (because yeah, Cannon Spike rules), you can say a lot of the same things about Rose. With tweaks, they can both be amazing, but most characters can shut down or out zone a Cammy all day long. I know as Chun-Li I never seem to run into any problems keeping her out.

Big difference being Cammy does WAY more damage than Rose, and Cammy can hit confirm into her ultra. Cammy also has one of, if not the best back dash in the game, and a great focus attack. Lastly Rose can't punish footsies the way Cammy can.

Cammy isn't top tier, but she can hang with the C(some B also) tier arcade characters.

Mr Jared

FindMyFarms said:
Big difference being Cammy does WAY more damage than Rose, and Cammy can hit confirm into her ultra. Cammy also has one of, if not the best back dash in the game, and a great focus attack. Lastly Rose can't punish footsies the way Cammy can.

Haha, ok, true. So why does she still suck? :lol

Or maybe I've overly hard on Cammy because her fans are uh ... weird.

Mr Jared said:
Haha, ok, true. So why does she still suck? :lol

Or maybe I've overly hard on Cammy because her fans are uh ... weird.

Well, I never said she sucks lol. B/C tier would put her in around the same level as sim, blanka, honda, Chun, Dictator

ArjanN

Mr Jared said:

Dan seems goofy, but is actually not that bad.

arjan666 if someone wants to add me on PC.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Mr Jared said:

C - Gen
D - Sakura, Rose, Cammy
F - Dan, Fei-Long

Fei-Long is definitely not F tier. He beats Honda at least. seriously. It's at least a 6-4 for Fei.

I'd throw Rose and Sakura into C as well.

YakiSOBA

Alright GAF, analyze this for me!

I discovered there was a (small) local SF4 scene here in my hometown of Ottawa, Ontario (of all places :p). Obviously the skill level isn't anything like you see from all those tournaments you see linked here, but still :D

Here's the finals video that was posted on youtube, what are the major weaknesses of these guys? (It's balrog vs balrog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRBwJPEkZs&feature=related

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Who's the Chicken Dinner guy or w/e that added me to XBL and Played against? GGs... was a bit laggy though... very!

Dartastic

I want some goddamn DLC, Capcom. More costumes, more stages, for one. Where the hell are they!??!?!?!? I will pay for these things if they are reasonably priced, and I NEVER purchase DLC! Come ON!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn you guero!! Stole that from me!! AARGHH!! :lol I blame the lag, thanks for accepting though, was a fun match =D.

I am ON FIREEEE tonight at midnight. I beat a 40K GP dude, a 33K GP dude... oh and that GeoSM dude who has like 67K. Yah, I feel godly tonight.

YakiSOBA said:

I discovered there was a (small) local SF4 scene here in my hometown of Ottawa, Ontario (of all places :p). Obviously the skill level isn't anything like you see from all those tournaments you see linked here, but still :D

Here's the finals video that was posted on youtube, what are the major weaknesses of these guys? (It's balrog vs balrog)

I always thought Canada had a strong scene.

They had a really good 3s scene IIRC.

And sorry I ain't watching Rog vs. Rog. I'm not that masochistic.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Arpharmd B said:
I always thought Canada had a strong scene.

They had a really good 3s scene IIRC.

And sorry I ain't watching Rog vs. Rog. I'm not that masochistic.

Strong scenes in Canada are Toronto (best community), Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary/Edmonton yo. Ottawa doesn't have much of a scene from what I know.

CPS2

YakiSOBA said:

They hardly ever use armour breaking moves or link combos, and there's lots of random headbutts. You could probably get some distance and try to FA absorb their dash punches and punish, until they pick up on it. With random headbutts you can just wait for it, block and throw (at least). Nearly everything in that match can be dealt with by blocking low and doing a low fierce to stop jump-ins, as they didn't have many mixups, just lots of low roundhouse, dash punch, and random (unsafe) headbutt into ultra.

ArjanN said:
Dan seems goofy, but is actually not that bad.

arjan666 if someone wants to add me on PC.

Dan is the worst character in the game. Try winning with him against someone that doesn't suck, and tell me he doesn't blow all sorts of fail.

YakiSOBA said:

Neither of those two players had an understanding of footsies, and both would always jump in outside of sweep range to create there offense. If this was online, where reacting to whiffed normals is really hard, it would be excusable, but it's live play.

Pick anyone with a fireball(preferably sagat or ryu), throw one out outside their sweep range, and then just wait. Chances are they'll jump right after then punish em. Keep em honest about jump ins, then after that just blast em with fireballs. Balrog has a really hard time against good fireball users. Even though Rog is my main, if I know the other player uses him too, I'll opt out to Sagat or Ryu because it's such an easier match up for me.

LakeEarth

There's a decent Fei Long on Live championship right now. Maybe not that good, I just don't know what to do against them. Weird flip move, just don't know what to punish it with.

MIMIC

Banned
Xevren said:
I find it hilarious that even though you posted proof some people still don't think its enough. You can even tell she didn't land but I guess that's just not enough for some people.

In a way, I can't blame him. Guile's Ultra DOES suck :lol But there's no WAY that Chun could have enough time to hit the ground, lay there for a while, and then recover. Like I said in the comment section, Guile's Ultra is slow, but not THAT damn slow.

And yea, it's pretty obvious that she didn't even land.

ArjanN

FindMyFarms said:
Dan is the worst character in the game. Try winning with him against someone that doesn't suck, and tell me he doesn't blow all sorts of fail.

I believe them there are fightin' words...

YakiSOBA

FindMyFarms said:
Neither of those two players had an understanding of footsies, and both would always jump in outside of sweep range to create there offense. If this was online, where reacting to whiffed normals is really hard, it would be excusable, but it's live play.

Pick anyone with a fireball(preferably sagat or ryu), throw one out outside their sweep range, and then just wait. Chances are they'll jump right after then punish em. Keep em honest about jump ins, then after that just blast em with fireballs. Balrog has a really hard time against good fireball users. Even though Rog is my main, if I know the other player uses him too, I'll opt out to Sagat or Ryu because it's such an easier match up for me.

UC1 said:
They hardly ever use armour breaking moves or link combos, and there's lots of random headbutts. You could probably get some distance and try to FA absorb their dash punches and punish, until they pick up on it. With random headbutts you can just wait for it, block and throw (at least). Nearly everything in that match can be dealt with by blocking low and doing a low fierce to stop jump-ins, as they didn't have many mixups, just lots of low roundhouse, dash punch, and random (unsafe) headbutt into ultra.

Niiice... thanks guys! My main was Sagat but I've switched to Ryu as of late. The local tourney they had there looked kind of fun (I guess better than nothing). There were 35 entrants, $2 each to play..!! I'm gonna train and level up and enter the next tourney they have!! :)

Findmyfarms: let's play again next time we're both on, it's especially good for me since playing you will be like playing those guys but x999 more advanced :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Rose? Seriously?
ArnoldJackson-GaryColeman.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Teknopathetic said:
"I'd throw Rose and Sakura into C as well."

Rose? Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. her footsies are good, she has a few gimmicks. her biggest problem is she just doesn't so enough damage. Her EXs are pretty good too.

Let's put it this way- she's clearly above Vega and Cammy in my eyes.

shinjijai

YakiSOBA said:

where do you guys play at? i'm in ottawa as well, i want to work on my game =).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Timedog said:
I've barely played any Roses, but she seems hard to punish.

Admittedly- I've only played two Roses- Saqs and Brent (local who is just below the top tier locally). Both are damn good. I don't think I'm a garbage player though, I can at least force top players to take me seriously.

I've never felt that way vs a Vega or Cammy, so I rate them lower, and I see a lot more of those.

YakiSOBA said:
Findmyfarms: let's play again next time we're both on, it's especially good for me since playing you will be like playing those guys but x999 more advanced :D

Yo, I'm on almost nightly. Chances are I'll prob. be on Blaz, but just hit me up and I'll switch over.

ArjanN said:
I believe them there are fightin' words...

Nah, just stating the facts :p

LakeEarth said:
There's a decent Fei Long on Live championship right now. Maybe not that good, I just don't know what to do against them. Weird flip move, just don't know what to punish it with.

If you have charge u can just headbutt him.

arstal said:
Let's put it this way- she's clearly above Vega and Cammy in my eyes.

I wouldn't say she's better than Cammy. I made a few posts detailing my opinion on the previous page.

BlackSheep

Neo Member
Hi all! just found this...

Ryota Niitsuma, assistant producer of the arcade version of SFIV:
“Yes, Seth and perhaps Sagat might have turned out a little bit stronger than we expected.”

Source

what you think ? can we expect an update ?

BlackSheep said:

Source

Nothing new here, since SF4's release, there hasn't been a single tier list w/o Sagat at the top.

Expect to see a lot of Seth's at Evo.

BlackSheep said:

Source

Have you seen an update in the past 1.5 years since the arcade version came out with Sagat that high?

No.

EDIT: So if any SF4 news comes out on the net.. I like how people run to the thread yet they have absolutely no clue about SF4 nor care about it.. then post the link like they are CNN Headline News and then state "Can we expect an update?"

Maybe not in all situations or this one in general since I don't know this guy but man.. its something interesting to watch :lol

BlackSheep

Neo Member
TurtleSnatcher said:
Have you seen an update in the past 1.5 years since the arcade version came out with Sagat that high?

No.

EDIT: So if any SF4 news comes out on the net.. I like how people run to the thread yet they have absolutely no clue about SF4 nor care about it.. then post the link like they are CNN Headline News and then state "Can we expect an update?"

Maybe not in all situations or this one in general since I don't know this guy but man.. its something interesting to watch :lol

Wow.. ok i got it, sorry, but i do care about SF4 =/

YakiSOBA

Shinji said:
where do you guys play at? i'm in ottawa as well, i want to work on my game =).

Yo Shinji! I'm on as often as I can be... add me on PSN: imlou

It'll be good to play against you, the connection should be superb. Do you have MSN?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
GalacticAE said:
Here's my pool so far

Pool 19: Hold Dat, Yipes, FlashMetroid

Here's my buddy's pool so far

Pool 18: Combofiend, Buktooth, Ken I.

luls
O.M.F.G :lol
Best of luck to you and your bud, sir. Make us proud.

"Pool 18: Combofiend, Buktooth, Ken I."

Yikes.

Some pretty big name players in your pool, too, Galactic. You better represent!

As far as Rose goes, her EX moves really aren't particularly good. EX Soul Throw is alright at best. She has 0 useful reversals so you can basically have your way with her until she gets ultra and pray Rose doesn't blow that. I don't think she really has anything over guile or vega at all.

Top Bottom