• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I discovered El Fuerte over the past few days. He is the most fun I've had with this game yet. I've been playing Balrog, Rufus, but Fuerte is just so good that he is going to the head of the pack. Watching people just shut down because they don't know what to do is to much fun.

MIMIC

Banned
Biff Hardbody said:
I discovered El Fuerte over the past few days. He is the most fun I've had with this game yet. I've been playing Balrog, Rufus, but Fuerte is just so good that he is going to the head of the pack. Watching people just shut down because they don't know what to do is to much fun.

Welcome to the club :D

And welcome back, haunts :)

Haunts, I always had your back. I even posted the video of Gootecks interview with you and called you "our fallen leader". If that's not bromantic, I don't know what is.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Good to see you back Haunts - welcome back...

And you know it was only jokes back then - no one meant what they said, and it would have never been said had anyone known that it would've made you feel bad... :(

Nice long write-up BTW, it reminds me that I still need to go to Japan at least once in my lifetime - and to be there among not just some, but THE best Street fighter IV players in the world and to see them play live had to be huge...

Haunts, I just read your write up and watched the two videos you posted, both were great. Very interesting info and the match was fun to watch. Please tell me you have more match video recorded *crosses fingers*. Oh and will you be at West Coast Warzone. There is a live stream and we'll all be watching so we're hoping to see what kind of stuff you've learned and just how you've improved overall.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
LakeEarth said:
Yeah right, Sakura is already bottom tier. Without her cross-up mixups she can't do any real damage. Her fight against Zangief is stupid, she has no range, can't get in and if she does she can't do any damage.
its crazy when a character that can throw down 667 damage without ultra built off of 1.2 of an EX bar can be said to do 'no damage'.

crazy true unfortunately, as geif can mash lariat to reverse every. single. mixup.

GriffD17

I got on Netflix earlier and started up the animated movie.

This had me cracking up:
RyuFightingCapacity.jpg

If only Capcom could provide us with each character's fighting capacity we could settle this tier debate once and for all.

MIMIC

Banned
^ :lol

I actually went a whole night without having to fight a single Honda. Woo hoo! :D Got into a Fuerte mirror match for a little bit. 4 rounds was all I could take of that crap. lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Skilotonn said:
Good to see you back Haunts - welcome back...

And you know it was only jokes back then - no one meant what they said, and it would have never been said had anyone known that it would've made you feel bad... :(

Nice long write-up BTW, it reminds me that I still need to go to Japan at least once in my lifetime - and to be there among not just some, but THE best Street fighter IV players in the world and to see them play live had to be huge...

haunts forgot to mention that he was hanging with me and we wrecked shit up in Tokyo :D

You guys should check out the latest issues of SFIV and SF2 Turbo the comics. Both were pretty cool. In the next issue of IV, Akuma faces off against Seth.

Also, the recent Japanese SF artbook is getting translated by Udon. I preordered it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1897376588/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I can't believe there aren't that many PC players on GAF (but then again most people dipped during the initial release).

Welcome back Haunts.

DarkSloth

Spiderjericho said:
You guys should check out the latest issues of SFIV and SF2 Turbo the comics. Both were pretty cool. In the next issue of IV, Akuma faces off against Seth.

Also, the recent Japanese SF artbook is getting translated by Udon. I preordered it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1897376588/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I have the 15th anniversary SF Eternal Challenge book. How much new artwork is this 20th year book going to have? I expect most of it to have been covered.

Mr Jared

DarkSloth said:
I have the 15th anniversary SF Eternal Challenge book. How much new artwork is this 20th year book going to have? I expect most of it to have been covered.

It's a different book than Eternal Challenge. I bought the hard cover version at SDCC-

3762976945_6c10ec8797.jpg

Has sections dedicated to each of the major artists throughout the years. The opening Akiman section alone makes it worth it, as does all the unreleased / unfinished material.

That sucks. I'd like to have the hardcover edition too. But I'll "settle" for the softcover. I love the art in the early SF titles. Akiman and Bengus are all the sex.

I've been having insomnia the last few days. So I hoped on Live (PC). I decided to play ranked and see if I could get the 10 wins in a row. I was worried since the game has been out for a bit, but yeah, champion is where the better players reside. I also don't like that the 10 wins only apply to ranking...vice champion. I prefer champion mode.

UC1 said:
Now that Haunts is back, can we keep playing Horse or is everyone sick of that?

Haha once I get back to my crib on Monday I'll resume the game. Can you repost the combo please? My next one is gonna be the game winner ;)

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
Haha once I get back to my crib on Monday I'll resume the game. Can you repost the combo please? My next one is gonna be the game winner ;)

ding

As long as it's not Viper, Fuerte or Gen you won't win that easily!!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oichi said:
haunts forgot to mention that he was hanging with me and we wrecked shit up in Tokyo :D

Nice!

I do remember you or someone posting what you said before God's Garden though... :)

Mr Jared said:
It's a different book than Eternal Challenge. I bought the hard cover version at SDCC-

3762976945_6c10ec8797.jpg

Has sections dedicated to each of the major artists throughout the years. The opening Akiman section alone makes it worth it, as does all the unreleased / unfinished material.

Crap, I knew I forgot something when I was flying out - I wanted to reserve this at the import store, hopefully they'll get it in anyways, since they got in all the previous ones before and I HAVE to have this one - hardcover or not!

RS4-

GalacticAE said:
Oh hey what's up? You're hardly on PSN anymore.
Was supposed to sell my ps3 stick, so I got rid of my open copy of IV. Still have the stick and sealed SF CE which I didn't really want to open up lol.
So I've been playing on Live instead.

I'll probably get back on when I dual mod the 360te and pick up a used copy of IV when some new update comes out; something like new characters and parrying! Or grooves :lol

Must buy that art book!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I almost bought that art book in japan...waited a day to think about it then came back and it was gone... bought a bunch of hentai mags instead. :lol

jam86 said:
Welcome back haunts, I know it's way way late to bring this up but I was hoping you could explain this disaster... I know you guys are friends and all, I know he's a real good viper but ohmywhine!!

How is it a disaster? What he said makes sense.

Ledsen said:
Welcome back man, we missed you! (This is Nevvermore btw) :D

Oh dude I didnt know you posted here!! lol.. sorry we couldnt kick it before I left...makes me sad.. X(

Hey Haunts, I enjoyed your latest article about your experiences with the tournaments. Glad to hear Big Box in Takadanobaba is still has a great arcade. I remember going there after classes years ago and being amazed by how well kept all the machines were. Good times :)

Ledsen

haunts said:
Oh dude I didnt know you posted here!! lol.. sorry we couldnt kick it before I left...makes me sad.. X(

Yeah I knew you were probably too busy, you left on wednesday right? Too bad indeed, would've been nice to have one last beer but if/when I go the US I'll hit you up for sure! Or, best case scenario, at next years SBO... *crosses fingers*

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ledsen said:
Yeah I knew you were probably too busy, you left on wednesday right? Too bad indeed, would've been nice to have one last beer but if/when I go the US I'll hit you up for sure! Or, best case scenario, at next years SBO... *crosses fingers*

Actually Im moving back next week!

.... I wish ....

:(

YakiSOBA

LOL! Hilarious story:

I've got a lowly 1000ish bp in ranked mode (haven't played ranked in forever)

I jump on and I face a dude with a ton more BP... beat him, then I gain +143 BP from him. He adds me on PSN then invites me to a player match, I go and lose 8-0 to him before I call it quits.. he must have been PISSED :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
haunts said:
I almost bought that art book in japan...waited a day to think about it then came back and it was gone... bought a bunch of hentai mags instead. :lol

How is it a disaster? What he said makes sense.

good to see you back haunts. I was on a 3 month sabbatical too....

Top Bottom