• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TimeKillr

Dammit Farms, you've gotten way stronger since I last played you... Insane. :) All those FFFs with Viper...

Plus my freaking HRAP3 is loose... I don't know what it is with the JLF in that stick, but it's very loose. My TE is still at work, so there isn't much I could do!

Rice-Eater said:
And for anyone that has the PC version, can you let me know what you think about it. I'm not going to get another system for a while so does the PC version have a good online community and net code compared to the PS3/360 version. I have all these controllers for just one game and can still use my DS3 so I'd like to make use of them and stay active in the game instead of taking a long break.

Rice-Eater,

I've been playing the PC version recently. I didn't have a tv for like three weeks and so it was the only outlet I had to play my favorite game of the year (yeah, I said it). The netcode is the same b.s. except now you have a new wrinkle thanks in part to frame rate. Because not every PC was created equally, if the person you're playing has a shitty frame rate, it will actually introduce the perception of lag into the game. It sucks.

And as far as finding matches. I'd say it's comparable to PSN. BUT...I'm sure the community will experience a decent expansion thanks to the Steam sale. You can use any PS3 or Xbox controller on the PC (best use a Mad Catz, as it recognizes and identifies them. Hori's work pretty good too).

I'd say the PC version is my favorite. Make sure to get the cheat to unlock everything. Fuck that...I'm not doing it a third time. Honestly, I haven't scratched modding at all, since it requires you to make file copies, replace them, change values. It's not hard. I like the Dante Ken mod. That looks sweet.

And as far as the controller sticks go:

Controllers (top four)
1. Saturn USB
2. Madcatz Fightpad
3. DS3
4. 360 Club of Death

Sticks
1. TE
2. HRAP3
3. SE (with mod)
4. EX2 (I like it, sue me)

I don't have a VSHG or Fightstick. But for anyone interested in playing multi console, either get an AIB (the Mercedes/BMW of sticks), build your own or get Akuma001 to dual mod one. He did great work on my TE.

SoulFist

Anybody on XBL want to play some games? I'm trying to learn Akuma, but his low health frustrates me. I'm also playing Abel and Balrog, with some Rufus mixed in.

GT: SoulFist7

AZ Greg

SoulFist said:
Anybody on XBL want to play some games? I'm trying to learn Akuma, but his low health frustrates me. I'm also playing Abel and Balrog, with some Rufus mixed in.

I'll play. Send an invite to AZ Greg

f0nz0

hit the milestone today! G1 with sakura as my main, been a great journey for the schoolgirl, now time to loose g-points! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DSPs at it again, fighting TKK.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Do you even need to fadc with lp srk?

edit: maybe im thinking jump ins
Yep, would be pretty broken if you could just dp into ultra without jump-in.

SoulFist

Good games, AZ Greg. Your Vega and Viper are sick! Your Vega was just too fast and all over the place for me to handle. And I swear I can land those cr.HPs into Ultra with Abel. <_<

Rotanibor

SoulFist said:

I'll add you as a friend a little later so we can play at somepoint. I am maining Akuma(for the moment), so maybe we can learn something from eachother.

Ugh. Played some PC player matches with these two randoms tonight. The first set I decided to try my hand at Ken and these Karas I kept reading about. Not so much. I got annihilated. Ken has a certain rhythm.

My second set I decided to just random (sort of). My opponent kept bouncing back between Zangief and Roo.

The biggest thing I took from it was my execution stinks with a stick. I sometimes can't execute fireballs or SRKs. But I'm going to persevere.

Question for the PC crowd. Is there a way to filter or tell who's on 360 or GFW?

Spiderjericho said:
Ugh. Played some PC player matches with these two randoms tonight. The first set I decided to try my hand at Ken and these Karas I kept reading about. Not so much. I got annihilated. Ken has a certain rhythm.

My second set I decided to just random (sort of). My opponent kept bouncing back between Zangief and Roo.

The biggest thing I took from it was my execution stinks with a stick. I sometimes can't execute fireballs or SRKs. But I'm going to persevere.

Question for the PC crowd. Is there a way to filter or tell who's on 360 or GFW?

How is the PC crowd, I'm thinking about getting the PC version but hardly anyone has this version. Are there plenty of people to play and how does the competition stack up to PS3/360 from top to bottom or as far as you can tell?

comrade

Rice-Eater said:
How is the PC crowd, I'm thinking about getting the PC version but hardly anyone has this version. Are there plenty of people to play and how does the competition stack up to PS3/360 from top to bottom or as far as you can tell?
I haven't played it but I've read multiple times in this thread that the PC competition is horrible.

BitchTits

What's the likelihood of there being a DLC/update announcement at TGS?

It would be disappointing if there was no word on any new SF4 stuff this year.

BitchTits said:
What's the likelihood of there being a DLC/update announcement at TGS?

It would be disappointing if there was no word on any new SF4 stuff this year.
TGS? I doubt it.

The Amusement Machine Show next week would be more likely, considering it's an arcade game afterall.
I still think it's way too early though.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
How in gods name is this thread still going strong. I bought the game around release, and i had a blast. got pretty good, and got bored of it. This was what seemed like decades ago, and you guys are still into it? I wish I would have found the depth that you guys seem to have found.

comrade said:
I haven't played it but I've read multiple times in this thread that the PC competition is horrible.
sfivpc210.png

Pretty much. G3 also was nothing but shoto's.

_dementia said:
TGS? I doubt it.

The Amusement Machine Show next week would be more likely, considering it's an arcade game afterall.
Not that I'm knowledgeable about the subject, but I guess they'll probably show / announce the next game at that arcade convention in January (AUO or something).

FootNinja said:
How in gods name is this thread still going strong. I bought the game around release, and i had a blast. got pretty good, and got bored of it. This was what seemed like decades ago, and you guys are still into it? I wish I would have found the depth that you guys seem to have found.
U r Homie

BitchTits

_dementia said:
TGS? I doubt it.

Oh, didn't know about that show. I guess it's early, it just feels like the game has been out for an eternity :)

ArjanN

FootNinja said:

The depth is definately there if you look for it. Just check out some of the tourmanent videos.

ArjanN

comrade said:

Yeah, but this is neogaf, dude.

If you've already played the console version a lot, you'll obviously walk all over the people new to the game. Stick to tournament mode. If you level up, the competition is there.

Oh, and I can pretty much always get a game immediately.

MicVlaD said:
Not that I'm knowledgeable about the subject, but I guess they'll probably show / announce the next game at that arcade convention in January (AUO or something).
February's AOU show would be the earliest. Maybe an arcade patch with console characters.
I still think even that is early, but with SFIV not being as popular as other Japanese arcade games, maybe the patch will come out next year afterall.

Billias

I recently got this via the Steam sale and so far I've been using a 360 controller but it totally sucks for me, so I wanted to ask some advice for a new controller.

A little background:Last SF I played was Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES and I loved that D-Pad.I still consider it the best D-pad for fighting games and haven't found anything as good since then.
I also have little to no experience using arcade sticks especially for fighting games.

My first thought was the MadCatz Fightpad but after reading comments about the D-Pad quality, I'm having second thoughts.
I read in this thread about the Saturn pad, but can anyone be more specific about it?

Also, after hearing so many people praising the arcade sticks I'm considering getting a MadCatz Stick, however the high cost (plus shipping cost for EU) really makes me hesitant about this one as I don't know if the experience will be worth it.
So, GAF please share your experience with me.

An arcade stick seems like a large investment, but if you buy a good one, you'll never need another fighting game controller for your PC again, as long as USB is around. The only issue would be the learning curve involved in getting acclimated the thing if you've never used one.

If you really want to stick to a SNES controllers, find a SNES -> USB converter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Be careful when buying converters though, as some of them may mess up your input in subtle ways that break moves depending on what you connect to it. For example, the Radioshack PS-USB converter doesn't play well with my HRAP1.

Billias

If I decide to get an arcade stick I'll be sure to buy a 360 edition to ensure compatibility with PC.
However the question remains: Is it worth it? Or should I stick with a D-pad controller?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Billias said:
If I decide to get an arcade stick I'll be sure to buy a 360 edition to ensure compatibility with PC.
However the question remains: Is it worth it? Or should I stick with a D-pad controller?
Button control is unquestionably better with an arcade stick, but whether or not you can put up with sucking for a month or two using the stick instead of a dpad before you hit the break even point with motion control is the question.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Billias said:
buy an SE stick and mod it with sanwa bits, you won't be sorry!

Soooo sooo worth it.

compatible with PC/Mame etc as well.

HiResDes

I don't want to spam the page with tons of images, but holy shit Hornyoshi deserves like an mvp award for his skins, which are all amazing...Especially the Bison ones.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
HiResDes said:
I don't want to spam the page with tons of images, but holy shit Hornyoshi deserves like an mvp award for his skins, which are all amazing...Especially the Bison ones.
link?

Top Bottom