• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

kuYuri

Read about the possibility of an SFIV Dash.

:O at rumored characters.

But fuck, knowing Capcom, it's going to be a boxed product rather than downloadable. :(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Relix said:
I would pay $80 for "Dash". True story. :lol

I've invested over 350 hours in SF, that's more playime than any game I have on any console ever =P

They just need to do something to take the one thing from ST then isn't really in SFIV.

You can't usually force your opponent to guess like you can in SFIV. Sometimes I end up sitting and blocking for 40 secs in SFIV as the best option. Half the matches I play online end up just seeing how long I can turtle without losing patience, it gets rather dull pretty fast (and this is G1 players to boot)

Arde5643

Strider2K99 said:
Read about the possibility of an SFIV Dash.

:O at rumore characters.

But fuck, knowing Capcom, it's going to be a boxed product rather than downloadable. :(
And you and a million other people will still buy it. (including me)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Rice / Trace - Still up for games right now?

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, I would have been down for some games. I might be around Saturday if you are. We'll just see.

Oh and GAF, this is what trying to be a nice guy gets you. I beat a Gief in a G2 final, I ran like a bitch because that's what you're suppose to do. This is what happens next

He sends me this
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/EasyCapture1.jpg

I try to reason with him and be a good guy. I complimented his Gief saying he was too dangerous upclose. He responds with this
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/EasyCapture2.jpg

I do more reasoning and then he sends me this
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/EasyCapture3.jpg

So basically fuck it, I just say have a nice day that's that. I'm just not the type to gloat so I think I will just be ignoring anymore rage messages that I may come across again. Come to think of it, I have some bad reps. This isn't the first time I've ran from a Zangief. Maybe that bad rep came from the first one who sent me hate mail. I was labled as "unsportsman like" or whatever it was.

Ledsen

Of course it's going to be a retail product. Every major update of every fighting game ever (as far as I know) has been a full priced retail game, and I don't see anything indicating they would change this model now. Just because they could theoretically do it as DLC this time around doesn't mean they will. Of course I'll gladly be proven wrong, but I just don't think there's any chance of a DLC solution.

Seth vs. Zangief is 6-4

@Rice-Eater - Never stop running from Gief.

Sagats dominate tourneys and ranbats in Japan all the time. SBO =/= only Japan tourney. Sagats good.

FindMyFarms said:
Sagats dominate tourneys and ranbats in Japan all the time. SBO =/= only Japan tourney. Sagats good.

Really? I thought SBO was the only one... It was just an example. I could have used the God's Garden tournament last month if that makes you happier? Or did some research and used less known tournament results? Doesn't matter either way. Sagat isn't dominating EVERY SINGLE tournament.

And I don't remember saying Sagat isn't good. He is top tier. Damn good. Not god tier broken though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rice-Eater said:
So basically fuck it, I just say have a nice day that's that. I'm just not the type to gloat so I think I will just be ignoring anymore rage messages that I may come across again. Come to think of it, I have some bad reps. This isn't the first time I've ran from a Zangief. Maybe that bad rep came from the first one who sent me hate mail. I was labled as "unsportsman like" or whatever it was.

what an awesome guy. why didn't you go up close to zangief and get SPDd to death like he wanted? You wanted to win? Thats pretty low man.

Rice-Eater said:
Come to think of it, I have some bad reps. This isn't the first time I've ran from a Zangief. Maybe that bad rep came from the first one who sent me hate mail. I was labled as "unsportsman like" or whatever it was.
On Xbox Live I have '50% preferred you or didn't leave any feedback' and '50% avoided you'. So basically 1 in 2 players on Live have given me negative feedback during 3-4 years of Xbox Live playing. I think most of it came from COD4 and SF4. And I'm just playing normally. No griefing, usually I don't even talk, no exploiting bugs or anything.

rep.jpg

ArjanN

FindMyFarms said:
Seth vs. Zangief is 6-4

Dunno, man. Seems to me it's pretty much impossible for Gief to catch a Seth player that runs from him. Of course if he does catch you, you pretty much die instantly, but it's really an uphill struggle for Gief.

I like how most Gief player bitch about it too, as if they don't have the same advantage over a bunch of other characters.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rocky_Balboa said:
On Xbox Live I have '50% preferred you or didn't leave any feedback' and '50% avoided you'. So basically 1 in 2 players on Live have given me negative feedback during 3-4 years of Xbox Live playing. I think most of it came from COD4 and SF4. And I'm just playing normally. No griefing, usually I don't even talk, no exploiting bugs or anything.

rep.jpg

That's nothing. Many players have around 80%. The whole system is broke/stupid.

arstal said:
That's nothing. Many players have around 80%. The whole system is broke/stupid.
Yeah, I know. The amazing thing for me is that how people have the energy to always give negative feedback. I mean it takes a lot of button presses and waiting in the dashboard.

Steaks

FindMyFarms said:
Seth vs. Zangief is 6-4

@Rice-Eater - Never stop running from Gief.

Seth vs Gief is easily 7-3 if not worse. This is of course, in theory. It is much harder to play Seth "by the book" 100% of the time. It's still an atrocious match and Seth either has to hand Gief a mistake, or Gief has to get a lucky jumping up+fierce (usually when Seth decides to escape the corner).

I don't know what you guys are doing, I never get bad feedback and people always send me nice messages in any game. People always complain about xbox live being a bunch of raging assholes but I never experienced that. Even on the mic people are always pretty awesome. Gears, Phantasy Star, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, etc., I don't think I've ever met a mean person.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God's Beard said:
I don't know what you guys are doing, I never get bad feedback and people always send me nice messages in any game. People always complain about xbox live being a bunch of raging assholes but I never experienced that. Even on the mic people are always pretty awesome. Gears, Phantasy Star, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, etc., I don't think I've ever met a mean person.
Being God's beard, one would expect to hear that.

Totakeke

Today I had someone with decent amount of bp ragequit on me. And of all things he could have complained, he whined that Abel's Ultra can reach the whole screen (it doesn't unless your hands are stretched out).

And he was playing Ryu.

:lol :lol

Rocky_Balboa said:
Yeah, I know. The amazing thing for me is that how people have the energy to always give negative feedback. I mean it takes a lot of button presses and waiting in the dashboard.

i hope they will never introduce that crappy system to PSN. SF IV has a lot of stupid people.....

LakeEarth

Pandaman said:
th secret to a challenge on the pc version is to pick random and have the pc cycle between my worst characters. namely dhalsim and c. viper.
I do that in ranked when I get bored of championship mode. It's fun, but sometimes I wonder how random random is.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
God's Beard said:

Do you win a lot, or are you generally just an "okay" player in online games? I've found that even if you're nice and the most sportsmanlike player on Earth, being really good at a game is what makes the retards on Xbox Live throw tantrums. If they are beaten they freak out at you.

If you do win a lot, well, then maybe it really is the name!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Repost from SRK. Got back from a big team tournament at a-cho in Kyoto

a-cho tourney had 24 teams it seems... don't know the real number but all I know is that there were six pools (we were in Pool 6) with four teams in each pool. We got out of our pool but had to play a tiebreaker round robin and got OCV'd by RF, so they advanced to the final 8, and eventually won the whole thing. I guess we're tied for 9th then? It was a bit confusing because it wasn't really single elim until the top 8 bracket.

Anyway!

Our pool was:
- Sabin (DH), Azrael (CH), me (HO)
- Uyro (VI), Cantona (ZA), Kuronuko (CH) -- #1 Viper + #1 Gief in Kansai... dunno who the Kuronuko was but he's a Chun player and really solid
- Yassun (RY), Hagoromo (AB), Johnny Jongi (ZA) -- Dunno who they were... seemed like nice guys though.
- Ponsuke (KE), Tanao (AB), Wareware Wadebu Senda (CH) -- Dunno who this was to be honest and didn't play them either.

Basically the setup was that the team that went 3 - 0 would advance automatically, and anyone that went 2 - 1 would have to play a tiebreaker to determine who goes on. Then the team that won that tiebreaker would have to face the other pool's tiebreaker winners to see who would advance to the top 8. So basically, you'd have 6 teams going 3 - 0, and 2 teams who went 2 - 1.

First match was against Johnny Jongi's team. I went up first, and i was actually convinced I'd scrub it out cuz I'm not good against Abel at all. I was so confident in my scrubiness, in fact, that I told my boss I'd be able to come to a work function after I lost lol.

Reno vs. Yassun, Reno 2 - 0
Reno vs. Hagoromo, Reno 2 - 1
Reno vs. Johnny Jongi, Reno 2 - 0

Well, guess I had to cancel that work function! We went on to face Uryo's team next...

Reno vs. Kuronuko, Kuronuko 2 - 0
Azrael vs. Kuronuko, Azrael 2 - 1 (?)
Azrael vs. Cantona, Cantona 2 - 0 (?)
Sabin vs. Cantona, Cantona 2 - 1

Kuronuko pretty much owned me for free here. His Chun is solid and I have a lot of trouble with that match as a Honda player. The Az vs Kuronuko match was really good on both sides. Good decision-making and good use of pokes IMO. The Sabin vs. Cantona match was kind of annoying because Sabin would literally get a good three j.fierces in, but then Cantona would pull out a lariat and beat the j.fierce clean and even it up. The end basically came with Sabin (according to him) flubbed up the Ultra and ate a lariat (? I forget)

Johnny Jongi's team had to fight Ponsuke's team as both of them were 0 - 1, and Johnny Jongi's team won so we had to roll that match back.
Reno vs. Yassun, Reno 2 - 0
Reno vs. Hagoromo, Hagoromo 2 - 1
Azrael vs. Hagoromo, Azrael 2 - 1
Azrael vs. Johnny Jongi, Azrael 2 - 1

Good shit by Az to HOLD IT TOGETHER against a solid gief that really showed no fear and didn't care about taking 23984237943 s.roundhouses to the head.

So we ended up going 2 - 1 in our pool so we had to advance to the tiebreaker round robin to see who would advance to the top 8.

Too bad RF's team went 2 - 1 too. :/ He OCV'd us pretty fucking quickly, and those guys were seriously not fucking around lol. Usually RF was either 2nd or 3rd for their matches but this time he went first to mop us up. So we were out after that. :/

Still, we had a decent run IMO. I'm sure Az and Sabin will fill in more details.

Just for the record, before anyone calls out Sabin for not winning in the tourney, he was doing very well in his matches before and after the tourney, and even Rikuson (top 15 Sagat player) went up to him and said he was awesome, and most of the players who were watching his matches were impressed too. It's just too bad that he got stuck with matches against the #1 gief in Osaka and the #4 player in the country.

Kaijima said:
Do you win a lot, or are you generally just an "okay" player in online games? I've found that even if you're nice and the most sportsmanlike player on Earth, being really good at a game is what makes the retards on Xbox Live throw tantrums. If they are beaten they freak out at you.

If you do win a lot, well, then maybe it really is the name!

I win most of my matches, probably 70-80% of the time. Mostly Cammy and Fei Long. I had one guy send me a message telling me it was a fair fight and I was just more skilled, and when I was first starting out a couple random guys even sat in player matches to teach me how to play, giving me tips on my characters and strategies! I don't know what to tell you guys :lol

Squids

Banned
I hope they add these characters so i beat some shoto clone ass haha. Whoever is the most under used character out of the ten i will use. If somebody picks zief im counter picking with t.hawk :lol. They need to buff some character but do not buff any shoto clone characters especially ryu, ken, akuma n sagat. I hope if they add these new characters there won't be so many freaking ryus, kens, akumas and sagats online but what would happen if they took all the shoto clone characters out :lol :lol. I would def pick adon to piss people off with his screaming :lol :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
SnowWolf said:
I'm "Protocol Snow" on SF4 PC. Played over a dozen matches with Rice Eater tonight, fun stuff! I am a beginner Balrog so feel free to add me if you want to play.
you stole my 1 point!

:p

LakeEarth

Good work man. I'm sure you could've done the "lariat > ultra" section for 5 minutes, but thankfully you knew when to say when. That Ryu ground cross-up bullshit might actually be useful.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God's Beard said:
I win most of my matches, probably 70-80% of the time. Mostly Cammy and Fei Long. I had one guy send me a message telling me it was a fair fight and I was just more skilled, and when I was first starting out a couple random guys even sat in player matches to teach me how to play, giving me tips on my characters and strategies! I don't know what to tell you guys :lol
I used to help people out in player matches like that, but then everybody would always send me friend requests and list off names I should add too, so I stopped doing that. But in general I get very little hate mail, very few messages over all too though, but most of them positive. :)

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
Really? I thought SBO was the only one... It was just an example. I could have used the God's Garden tournament last month if that makes you happier? Or did some research and used less known tournament results? Doesn't matter either way. Sagat isn't dominating EVERY SINGLE tournament.

And I don't remember saying Sagat isn't good. He is top tier. Damn good. Not god tier broken though.

You're assuming I'm disagreeing with everything you say. I'm just saying Sagat's a dominant force in Japan, and he does win a lot of tourneys. Mago is Japan's best player and you know who he plays.

kensk said:
Seth vs Gief is easily 7-3 if not worse. This is of course, in theory. It is much harder to play Seth "by the book" 100% of the time. It's still an atrocious match and Seth either has to hand Gief a mistake, or Gief has to get a lucky jumping up+fierce (usually when Seth decides to escape the corner).

It's not as bad as most people make it out to be. Zangief just has to slowly inch his way forward. St. strong and rh crushes Seth's neutral/jump back fp. The most crucial part of the match is when Zangief finally has Seth in the corner.

It's a long and drawn out match, but most people say it's just bad for Gief cuz they suck. True story. BTW this isn't just theory, I'm going on top Seth vs. Gief play in person.

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:
It's not as bad as most people make it out to be. Zangief just has to slowly inch his way forward. St. strong and rh crushes Seth's neutral/jump back fp. The most crucial part of the match is when Zangief finally has Seth in the corner.

It's a long and drawn out match, but most people say it's just bad for Gief cuz they suck. True story. BTW this isn't just theory, I'm going on top Seth vs. Gief play in person.
Thanks for clarifying.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
No, Sagat is not dominating tournaments. How many Sagats were in the top 8 at Evo? None. I think Floe was the only one at WCW. A Sagat won SBO, right? Oh yeah, not. If you go to the tournament results forum on SRK you'll see Sagat is not dominating tournaments. Sagats might do well, but not to the point that screams he is absolutely broken.

Dude you're delusional, seriously. Stop trying to convince people that Sagat isn't dominating, because he IS dominating.

End of June till mid-August tourney results:
Sagat 173 wins
Ryu 133 wins
Boxer 105 wins
Zangief 102 wins

1 Year Period
Sagat 1358 wins
Ryu 878 wins
Boxer 833 wins
Rufus 605 wins
Zangief 598 wins

sf4winfinal.png

Blizzard

Banned
Oichi said:
Ouch. First two characters I've tried learning: El Fuerte and Guile. :lol

Are there any non-Ken/Ryu character who aren't overused, who do have moves that aren't really hard to do, and who aren't TOTALLY overused?

And does no one win with Gen, or did I get his name wrong?

Blizzard said:
Ouch. First two characters I've tried learning: El Fuerte and Guile. :lol

Are there any non-Ken/Ryu character who aren't overused, who do have moves that aren't really hard to do, and who aren't TOTALLY overused?

And does no one win with Gen, or did I get his name wrong?

Balrog

Top Bottom