• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

GrayFoxPL

Shito said:
Do they have a conference coming?
If so: when is it?

Don't know.

All I'm saying is that when "Dash" info comes up, they will make sure everyone hears it. It's SF4 peeps not some unknown doujin game that'll get lost in TGS game flood.

Geesh, I just faced a guy named Chris Lai or something like that on the PC version. Total beatdowns, the guy can play like every character and own me with each one. Well I wasn't totally free, I put up a couple of good fights, but he still won every match. It brought back terrible memory of playing FMF :(

On a side note, does anybody notice that every Sakura(at least on the PC version) plays exactly the same? It's the same lame shit, sit there doing nothing. You go near her she starts throwing normals, you jump, she does crouching fierce. I got beat by a few Sakura's using this strategy. I said "fuck it, I'm going to do it too then". So the last two I faced played just like the others. Fortunately for me, Ryu has a better fireball game so I out turtled them and crouching fierced them to death, TAKE THAT YOU SLIMY HO.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
that some interesting stuff..two ultras especialy sounds fun..and i sure alot of us here wont mind some gameplay changes

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
An Arab character? awesome! Can't wait for this shit to hit the fan. anyone know when/if Capcom is scheduled to have some sort of press thing?

bdizzle said:
[rage]leave my sf4 alone. it works beautifully, don't fuck it up!!!! [/rage]
joke post?

Yeah I saw the post about Sonic Hurricane returning. Yay Guile.

And air Ultras... Gief with Siberian Blizzard? :O

Totakeke

*faps furiously*

I hope the ultras are selectable and not everyone has two ultras at once.. ultras turn around the match too much as it is already. >_>

Leunam

Totakeke said:
Abel rant of the week.

Man, feels like someone let the cat out of the bag and told everyone Abel suck massively against gief. Now I keep meeting people counterpicking Abel as Zangief and even Kens who come back and pick gief. And screw those stupid counterpicking games, I'm in none of that. ;/

You can beat shitty giefs, but it still takes more effort than any other character.

What's your problem against Gief? First thing to keep in mind, TT beats out SPD, properly spaced Wheel Kicks are your friend, jump away LK beats Lariat, jumping LP beats Lariat, far.MP beats lariat, LK and RH for spacing, punish blocked green hand with TT, MP trades or beats jump ins, don't get backed into the corner, and be extremely patient.

qcf x2

"It doesn't play anything like IV currently does."

/does a dance

:)

Edit: Likely Air Ultras would be Ibuki and T Hawk, I'm assuming. Although the massive startup time would make it tough to land them. I hope the 2 ultra thing is a choose one type deal (like the Super Arts in SF3).

Aaaand I hope supers are actually used this time around.

Leunam said:
What's your problem against Gief? First thing to keep in mind, TT beats out SPD, properly spaced Wheel Kicks are your friend, jump away LK beats Lariat, jumping LP beats Lariat, far.MP beats lariat, LK and RH for spacing, punish blocked green hand with TT, MP trades or beats jump ins, don't get backed into the corner, and be extremely patient.
Scrubby Giefs are easy to to kill but good giefs are nigh impossible gief has way better pokes than Frenchie. It's a 7:3 matchup for a reason.

kitzkozan

Trying to not get caught in the hype,but it's hard ugh. :lol

I have heard from a couple of sources that the update play nothing like IV,which annoy me since it all add up to the hype and rumors about the revision.

Time to be done with it and show us this upcoming version which will make IV obsolete. :p

Totakeke

Leunam said:

Gief normals beat your normals, green hand beats wheel kicks on reaction, you're screwed if you get knocked down, whiffed TT is a killer, trying to anti-air gief using normals is too much risk than it's worth, and I never want to jump in on a gief. Does jump away LK beats lariat after you're knocked down? That's pretty much the time when lariat sucks anyway.

Of course not all the giefs know what beats what, but on knockdown, one wrong guess hurts a ton, two or three wrong guesses you're pretty much toast.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
_dementia said:

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nothing makes me happier than hearing it plays nothing like SF4, I like SF4 for what it is but I just dont find the game very exciting. I REALLY want the followup to play more like 3rd Strike...who knows if thats the case but these early rumors give me hope.

wow - if even 1/2 of what this dude is posting is true... we're in for a serious division in SF4 players.

While i am excited about new content, one of the things i love so much baout SF4 was that it brought so many people BACK to fighting games to join up with the people that never left. As a result, the community feels strong and cohesive (for the most part). Taking a big step away might really galvanize the community - something i am not overly keen on.

Anywho, crazy stuff.

_dementia said:
joke post?

Yeah I saw the post about Sonic Hurricane returning. Yay Guile.

And air Ultras... Gief with Siberian Blizzard? :O

no deadly serious. if they make it so it doesn't play like sf4, im not gonna be happy. i doubt theyll do that considering it's never been done before, but im just staying. add all the extras, but dont fundamentally change the way the game plays

kitzkozan

Cromulent_Word said:
wow - if even 1/2 of what this dude is posting is true... we're in for a serious division in SF4 players.

While i am excited about new content, one of the things i love so much baout SF4 was that it brought so many people BACK to fighting games to join up with the people that never left. As a result, the community feels strong and cohesive (for the most part). Taking a big step away might really galvanize the community - something i am not overly keen on.

Anywho, crazy stuff.

If you think about it,SF V might also galvanize the community as well so there's always a risk when you release a new fighting game(SF III sure did).

I think those who still play IV will buy the revision and I also expect longtime fans who didn't like vanilla IV to give it a second chance as well.If it's a complete upgrade along with 10 new characters,I am sure everyone who's still playing will move on.Nobody cared for SF III or second impact after 3rd strike was released. :p

CPS2

bdizzle said:
no deadly serious. if they make it so it doesn't play like sf4, im not gonna be happy. i doubt theyll do that considering it's never been done before, but im just staying. add all the extras, but dont fundamentally change the way the game plays

I want it to be like A2 and A3, where they're different enough so that you keep playing both. If they're too similar like 2i and 3s, everyone will just stick to one of them.

Shito

SSF4?

Shit, yesterday Markman was hinting at "super" for the name of the new version...
Markman! Come here!
Was it blind luck or is this thing starting to get real? :D

kitzkozan

tapedeck said:
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nothing makes me happier than hearing it plays nothing like SF4, I like SF4 for what it is but I just dont find the game very exciting. I REALLY want the followup to play more like 3rd Strike...who knows if thats the case but these early rumors give me hope.

It will not be 3rd strike,that's for sure.

The focus attack system will be changed and expended,but I don't think you will be parrying.

The core gameplay will still be inspired from IV with subtle changes imo.I think it will be more combo friendly(less 1 link frame),damage scaling less severe,FA system changed so charge character can use it better,super will be made more useful or removed or easier to pull off,etc.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
COME TO ME BABY!!!!!

*dances*

Its sad I could miss the official announcement. I just hope it's here early next year :D

Dizzy-4U

There should be an option to turn shortcut off.

Oh man, I have like 6 tabs related to SF news F5ing all the time. I'm gonna dry out.

It will be friday in Japan in 45 minutes, right?

-PXG-

When is Capcom's conference?

News about SFIV Dash and playing ODST are really making me want to skip my math class. :lol

Leunam

_dementia said:
Scrubby Giefs are easy to to kill but good giefs are nigh impossible gief has way better pokes than Frenchie. It's a 7:3 matchup for a reason.

Totakeke said:
Gief normals beat your normals, green hand beats wheel kicks on reaction, you're screwed if you get knocked down, whiffed TT is a killer, trying to anti-air gief using normals is too much risk than it's worth, and I never want to jump in on a gief. Does jump away LK beats lariat after you're knocked down? That's pretty much the time when lariat sucks anyway.

Of course not all the giefs know what beats what, but on knockdown, one wrong guess hurts a ton, two or three wrong guesses you're pretty much toast.

I never said it would guarantee a win or even the match up. These are tools that may help, that's all. I can't exactly tell you how to read your opponent or where to look for openings. It's not an easy match by any measure but it's not impossible.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm hoping this turkish dude will be somewhere between Abel and Alex. Maybe give him a mounting grab?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
kitzkozan said:
It will not be 3rd strike,that's for sure.

The focus attack system will be changed and expended,but I don't think you will be parrying.

The core gameplay will still be inspired from IV with subtle changes imo.I think it will be more combo friendly(less 1 link frame),damage scaling less severe,FA system changed so charge character can use it better,super will be made more useful or removed or easier to pull off,etc.
I dont expect parrying to be in there, that would change the ENTIRE game. More combo friendly, expanded focus system with a reason to actually USE the regular Focus Attack and not just the FADC. Air Ultras sound sick too.

TimeKillr

Hmm...

I have a very good feeling *all* of those rumors are true.

I have sources! :)

This is the first time the names of the 2 new characters are out, that people have 2 ultras, etc.

Top Bottom