• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

"This bullshit better not be that easy to execute. Dhalsim has a lot of wonky hitbox issues as it is. :["

Seemed like a fairly tough link, but people with sick execution will probably be able to do it no problem. Seems like you can even get the right spacing off j.fp x2, c.lp x2 xx SBK so chun can pretty much set it up off a jump in.

MicVlad, were you the Dhalsim that smoked me in a G1 match in the PC version yesterday or two days. If that was you then nice finish with the Ultra and then Super, I was mashing EX SRK, except I wasn't looking and didn't notice I had no EX Bar.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am finally settled 100% and I will be back to SF4 tomorrow sooo....

Bwahahahahahaha I need to get a 2 week rust off =P

ArjanN

Rice-Eater said:
MicVlad, were you the Dhalsim that smoked in a G1 match in the PC version yesterday or two days. If that was you then nice finish with the Ultra and then Super, I was mashing EX SRK, except I wasn't looking and didn't notice I had no EX Bar.

Probably, Dalsim is his main I think. And he's pretty damn good.

Jason

?

ryu_face.jpg

Xevren

~Devil Trigger~ said:
HAHAAHAHAHAHA:lol

i hear Honda's Ultra goes threw Gief's Lariet. true?

Well he doesn't go through him, he just pushes him. If the ultra animation ends before the lariat does Honda gets hit. I really hated playing smart Zangief's as Honda.

Kadey said:

Sweet, I thought you'd complete it with the TE. But a nice video. Are you going to Bar Fights?

How about some Akuma, Viper or Abel combos?

And Find or whoever, invite me to GAFChat SFIV.

And I tried to do that Chun loop...ugh, the jab link is the hard part.

Edit: I went and played Ryu's hard trial. Yeah, my execution is a bit off with the stick but I completed it. His last combo is his most difficult.

But reminiscing over trial mode, I never bothered to complete the RSF and Abel's 5th trial.

I thought Gen's was ridiculous as well as a few of Viper's.

Ryu's 2nd hard trial is the stuff of nightmares. It took me 2 months to complete it on a Dual Shock 3. There were times where I nailed the 1 frame linke c. HP after the solar plexus, but I didn't mash out super and it made me want to break everything in my room.

Spiderjericho said:
And Find or whoever, invite me to GAFChat SFIV.

I thought Gen's was ridiculous as well as a few of Viper's.

For some reason you weren't on my psn friends list, care to add me again?

And believe it or not, viper's combo's are ridiculously easy once you get them in your muscle memory since she has almost no hard links. I think her hardest BnB link is s. lk to c. mp

Rice-Eater said:
Ryu's 2nd hard trial is the stuff of nightmares. It took me 2 months to complete it on a Dual Shock 3. There were times where I nailed the 1 frame linke c. HP after the solar plexus, but I didn't mash out super and it made me want to break everything in my room.

Ryu's trials are easiest ones I have completed, still on El Fuerte H-trails.

bradido

Anyone live in Atlanta, especially N. Atl? I am running a casual SF4 meetup. We meet once and month at this LAN center just to hang out and play SF4 and other fighting games. Send me a PM if you want to come hang out and play.

Masamuna

bradido said:
Anyone live in Atlanta, especially N. Atl? I am running a casual SF4 meetup. We meet once and month at this LAN center just to hang out and play SF4 and other fighting games. Send me a PM if you want to come hang out and play.

East Point is where the action is. But the SF4 will probably be cut down dramatically come the 27th.

Nemesis121 said:
Ryu's trials are easiest ones I have completed, still on El Fuerte H-trails.

It was only the 2nd hard trial that had my blood boiling. Once I finally completed that, 3-5 was finished like 5 minutes later. Besides Hard Trial #2, Ryu's trials are rather easy and since everybody has at least one pretty hard trial that most will find frustrating, I agree that Ryu's trials are probably the easiest overall.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wow I got back into this last night after not playing since ODST came out. I got routinely wiped by ryus in every damn game. I beat 1 guile that disconnected with a sliver of life left and just got murdered otherwise.

Seems like everyone figured out that ryu can almost do lp srk for free online without punish worries :(

also I'm sick of bison, getting jumped in on endlessly suuuuucks especially when you are out of practice. I'm thinking of learning akuma or sagat just so that doesn't happen anymore :( which character is easier? I don't mind a challenge but 1 frame links just about don't work for me ever, so whoever has less, I'm down.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
catfish said:
wow I got back into this last night after not playing since ODST came out. I got routinely wiped by ryus in every damn game. I beat 1 guile that disconnected with a sliver of life left and just got murdered otherwise.

Seems like everyone figured out that ryu can almost do lp srk for free online without punish worries :(

also I'm sick of bison, getting jumped in on endlessly suuuuucks especially when you are out of practice. I'm thinking of learning akuma or sagat just so that doesn't happen anymore :( which character is easier? I don't mind a challenge but 1 frame links just about don't work for me ever, so whoever has less, I'm down.
Both Akuma and Sagat are easy enough to learn. Akuma has that damned RH link thing going, but it isn't 1 frame or nuffin', pretty intermediate stuff I'd say. Isn't Sagat's cr.short into knee kinda on the same level? Dunno, you can't go wrong playing Sagat though, dude's pretty built.

I think the learning curve for those two is higher then say Ken and Ryu but not too bad. Sagat is slow and doesn't have the greatest footsies while Akuma has low health. They have a great array of tools, but if you don't use them effectively then you may end up being another turtle/runaway player. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just my observation.

I gave the two a shot but neither fit my style. Rushing down with Sagat/Akuma is not as easy as rushing down with Ken/Ryu. It seems the timing to link Sagat's normals are tighter plus he has a large hit box. Akuma can only hit confirm into LP SRK, the rest will hit once and leave you wide open. Plus you get hit a couple of times, see your life drop like crazy and it's jump back air fireball time.

Both are strong characters as we all know. They just have a few drawbacks, which can be worked around if you have the skill, I obviously didn't so I gave up. Plus the only way I was going to win with these two was to turtle/runaway like crazy, that's not my style.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Blog is up: http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/nakky_blog/2009/10/09_339.html

Translation:
http://www.versuscity.net/2009/10/09/a-new-sf4-national-tourney-announced/

Over at the official blog for Super Street Fighter 4, Natsuki Shiozawa has announced that there will be one more national tournament in the arcades for Street Fighter 4! While the details and rules have yet to be announced, they will be in the future, although I hear this time it’ll be a 2 on 2 team tournament instead of the singles tournament at the beginning of this year. She cites the reason for the announcement to be because everyone’s motivation has gone down since Super Street Fighter 4 has only been announced for the consoles (she mentions once again for everyone to please wait for an arcade announcement), and thus they wanted to do this quickly to get everyone’s spirits up again.

Hey gaf help me improve! Recently entered a tourney this past weekend and the matches were recorded. Hoping I would get some advice (FindMyFarms I herd yous a good balrog player :D) to improve, don't hold back on me gaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJq9AnsN5Q
Notes:
*I jump a lot with against the ryu because I'm trying to do the jump in > cr. Jab x2 > cr. Short xx headbutt (which I barely learned the timing with but haven't implemented during any games).
*I do the overhead punch a lot because I have that link on lock, unfortunately I was read like a book on the third match.
*I also made the mistake of saying GG one game too early :< put me in a bad state of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EJ5Os7NHDc
Notes:
*I don't know the match up too well, the only link to ultra that I can do doesn't work on blanka (overhead, cr. short xx headbutt) also up against the best blanka in AZ hands down, he knows the match up way better than I do.
*I had to play this on an octogate (not my stick), messed me up a tad.

ntropy said:
did Iyo retire? say it aint so!

Supposedly. If you read the Sabin thread on SRK, it discusses it and other Japanese players. Guess his last major tourney was SBO.

Jam, I don't play with Boxer but if no one responds, check out iplaywinner.com's Boxer section or the SFdojo. It'll help show some matchups and give tips.

Haven't played Find in forever, but I remember his Boxer being pretty decent. He's also good with Ryu/Ken, so he can help sharpen you on that matchup.

The main thing I saw was not enough pokes, baits, etc.

You also didn't display any confidence in the first vid. I thought you had a good shot at winning.

jam86 said:
Hey gaf help me improve! Recently entered a tourney this past weekend and the matches were recorded. Hoping I would get some advice (FindMyFarms I herd yous a good balrog player :D) to improve, don't hold back on me gaf.

*Don't do full screen EX-moves, especially overhead smashes. You'll get punished.
*instead of standing HP, use s.HK. It has almost the same reach and it's faster. Harder to punish also.
*Mix up with the overheads. If you overuse it, then try to mix up some sweep dashes in there. Still, you are better off saving overheads for a surprise attack. And do it from a block string up close when you do it.
*crouching HP is one of the best anti-airs in the game. Use it. Also if you really want to use a headbutt for anti-air, then use the lp-version. It's little bit faster and the angle is usually better.
*To avoid wake-up cross ups, EX-Rush upper and FADC are much better options that a headbutt.

Match-up related:
Blanka:
*Always punish his sliding sweep. You can easily sweep after blocking it.
*Turtle more. If you have the lead, Blanka has to come to you and his moves are very unsafe against Rog.
*Stop short horizontal balls with c.lp or c.mp
*Punish those jump-ins with c.HP
*You can punish a blocked ball with an ultra
*Learn how to safe-jump on Blanka's wake-up.

@Jam - I'd give advice, but I think rocky covered it pretty well in his post. Just make sure you keep going to tourneys and get more experience under your belt! Also, was that the AIAB tourney in Az that juicebox won?

@Spiderjericho - Add me and let's play again!

@HAUNTS - Your boy Sebastian was in town today (he goes to pharm school in arkansas and he was visiting yuuki). We ran some 3s and sf4. He's pretty good at 3s, but he was hella tipsy the whole night :lol His face was mad red haha. Really cool dude.

Ledsen

Spiderjericho said:
Supposedly. If you read the Sabin thread on SRK, it discusses it and other Japanese players. Guess his last major tourney was SBO.

Jam, I don't play with Boxer but if no one responds, check out iplaywinner.com's Boxer section or the SFdojo. It'll help show some matchups and give tips.

Haven't played Find in forever, but I remember his Boxer being pretty decent. He's also good with Ryu/Ken, so he can help sharpen you on that matchup.

The main thing I saw was not enough pokes, baits, etc.

You also didn't display any confidence in the first vid. I thought you had a good shot at winning.

Actually I don't think he's even played SF4 since his loss in SBO. At least his card hasn't been used at all since then (or it hadn't a week or so ago last I checked the thread).

FindMyFarms said:
@Jam - I'd give advice, but I think rocky covered it pretty well in his post. Just make sure you keep going to tourneys and get more experience under your belt! Also, was that the AIAB tourney in Az that juicebox won?

Thanks for the advice rocky!

And Yes, this is juicebox's second AIAB win.

catfish said:

i fuckin' hate bison's crossup

Top Bottom