• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

BotoxAgent said:
i fuckin' hate bison's crossup

bison.jpg

:D

Threi

notag
catfish said:
also I'm sick of bison, getting jumped in on endlessly suuuuucks especially when you are out of practice. I'm thinking of learning akuma or sagat just so that doesn't happen anymore :( which character is easier? I don't mind a challenge but 1 frame links just about don't work for me ever, so whoever has less, I'm down.
Don't do it man the Bison army still needs solders

VariantX

wow, i guess we need someone from australia in a future installment i suppose, i wonder what stereotypes we can look forward to

Leunam

_dementia said:
So is Sean not Brazilian?

NG stage is NYC

Entirely possible.

VariantX said:
wow, i guess we need someone from australia in a future installment i suppose, i wonder what stereotypes we can look forward to

You realize not all characters are stereotypes. Blonde French grappler? Not sure if I've heard of that one before.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Leunam said:
Entirely possible.

You realize not all characters are stereotypes. Blonde French grappler? Not sure if I've heard of that one before.
the French are good at Judo...(yea i know Ab is Sambo but close enough), and they're emo!!!

BTW, GG's Saqs. I still need to practice with Yoga Tower: at one point I knew exactly when you'd use your Ultra (for once, lulz) on me and it still connected despite me already being in the Yoga Tower animation. I've been told Rose's Ultra wouldn't work then, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it only works at a specific range. Kind of like how Honda's EX headbutt goes through Yoga Tower UNLESS it's at point-blank (silly I know).

Soul Spiral can also be Yoga Tower'd apparently, but I can't get it to work on time. Same with punishing Soul Spiral with my Ultra or Super, but I couldn't get those out either. :[

Rotanibor

~Devil Trigger~ said:
http://i34.tinypic.com/szd05v.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thats not Thailand, thats Burma. Also, Juli is from Mexico with T.Hawk, and I'd probably put Bison in the 'Unknown Birthplace' section. Pretty cool picture otherwise though. :D

Leunam

It's been known since SBO. Hasn't used his card at all. It took him and Shiro forever to qualify only to result in Iyo retiring.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Good matches MicVlad.

Yeah I noticed some of those hitbox bugs you mentioned. Well, one of them. Sim's slide vs Boxer's Overhead smash isn't working like it should. Although 90% of the time I use EX-Overhead Smash so it wouldn't matter, but a few times I used normal OHS and I didn't get hit by your slide.

There was some crazy matches, but somehow I always managed to pull it off in the end. The overhead smash was definitely your weak point and slide to throw was mine. In fact your throws were annoying as hell. In the end I started to tech more, but I always forgot to tech after the slide. :D

Luck was definitely on my side now, but at least you totally destroyed my Claw :D
Correct, the slide not hitting the overhead dash punch was one of 'em, which would've sucked if I could actually link it with a fireball or yoga flame afterwards to counter the EX version like that. And I did get hit by them a lot, but half of the time the game didn't let me block them on time. :[ Same with teching throws (kept getting low kick or jab instead).

That wasn't all though: fireballs going right through a jumping Balrog (nothing new), hitbox inaccuracies with the Ultra, Super not fully connecting after a succesful Yoga Catastrophe and so forth. Latter cost me a round for example: one more hit was needed to knock Balrog as you only had a sliver of health left, but the game decided two follow-up hits (instead of five) after an Ultra was enough... Real peculiar.

Oh and Dhalsim's quite a disadvantageous match-up for Vega, so that's probably why.

haunts said:
Yo! Whats up guys... Just finished the new http://www.iPlayWinner.com redesign and wanted to let you guys know we completely revamped the Street Fighter 4 guides. It's still a bit of a work in progress, esp with the console characters, but we added a match up chart for each character so now you can see VS videos and also have access to match up notes all in one place. We will be beefing this up even more over the next month or so, so stay tuned.

Also, keep in mind you can subscribe to each character match up via RSS. So lets say you want to be updated on any Sagat vs Ryu videos that we find, just subscribe on that blog and we will keep you updated.

any feedback is welcome of course, enjoy!

http://www.iplaywinner.com/streetfighter4
*clicks Dhalsim vs Thumb-Li match-up page*

*only one video available*

*sadface*

BitchTits said:
I don't think Dhalsim can Ultra (successfully) after a jump in HP, but Super works.
He can, but rarely (if at all) does it extend as a combo. Fun little set-up for the Super however if not a bit gimmicky, although Ryu can easily EX Shoryuken out of it for instance.

Pop On Arrival said:
Really hope they don't change the vs screen art for SSF4. Sagats vs screen art was one of the main reasons I mained his bald ass. I mean, just from the fucking VS screen he looked like he was going to fuck your shit up big time.
Guile and Blanka looked pretty stupid:

5l2pab.png

LakeEarth said:
Apparently strength of punch affects how forward Fei Long goes with his super, is there any other strength-based differences in supers in this game (other than Fei and Abel's)?
Each punch button decides the length of Dhalsim's Super, too. No further advantages besides that.

Rice-Eater said:
MicVlad, were you the Dhalsim that smoked me in a G1 match in the PC version yesterday or two days. If that was you then nice finish with the Ultra and then Super, I was mashing EX SRK, except I wasn't looking and didn't notice I had no EX Bar.
Yes. Those lag stutters threw my timing off for a bit, but it was still manageable. It was on my end, as my Internet connection's kinda fickle lately.

P.S. THIS BALROG HERE DROPPED HIS YOMI DOWN TO 12% OF MAXIMUM AND YOU STILL COULDN'T BEAT HIM!?

haunts said:
Made some updates to the Sagat guide again.. This time thinking about adding little bite-sized videos to help explain things.. what do u guys think? Gonna add Kara videos in the next day or so..

http://www.iplaywinner.com/sagat-sf4
Not a bad idea, especially if you can get people from the local scene to help out with other characters.

catfish said:
wow I got back into this last night after not playing since ODST came out. I got routinely wiped by ryus in every damn game. I beat 1 guile that disconnected with a sliver of life left and just got murdered otherwise.

Seems like everyone figured out that ryu can almost do lp srk for free online without punish worries :(

also I'm sick of bison, getting jumped in on endlessly suuuuucks especially when you are out of practice. I'm thinking of learning akuma or sagat just so that doesn't happen anymore :( which character is easier? I don't mind a challenge but 1 frame links just about don't work for me ever, so whoever has less, I'm down.
But there are more than enough Akuma's / Sagats out there! Stick with Bison or whoever your other mains are!

vertopci said:
What the hell is a yomi?

edit: Also live is a piece of shit. Can't play SF4 while it's down :/

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-2-viable-options.html

“Yomi” is the Japanese word for “reading,” as in reading the mind of the opponent (and it’s also the name of my strategy card game). If you have a powerful move and use it against an unskilled opponent, I call that Yomi Layer 0, meaning neither player is even bothering with trying to know what the opponent will do. At Layer 1, your opponent does the counter to your move because he expects it. At Layer 2, you do the counter to his counter. At Layer 3, he does the counter to that.

In sum, it is the meta game of predicting what your opponent to do and the moves that allow you to do so. Examples are at the link.

vertopci

black_vegeta said:
Stop using it and don't renew your subscription, what's so hard about that?

Buy a PS3 with a fresh copy of SF4 and use PSN...problem solved.

I don't have a subscription...I'm on PC. :lol

It just annoys the shit outta me that when Live goes down, its down for a decent amount of time. Steam is usually down for 2 minutes at most when it goes down.

Relix said:
This was failure trolling at its best.

Pathetic :lol

Not trolling if its fact. :D

Also anyone on PC still play SF4? I'd like to get some of your usernames so I can play you guys.

vertopci said:
I don't have a subscription...I'm on PC. :lol

It just annoys the shit outta me that when Live goes down, its down for a decent amount of time. Steam is usually down for 2 minutes at most when it goes down.

Not trolling if its fact. :D

Also anyone on PC still play SF4? I'd like to get some of your usernames so I can play you guys.

Wow. Just wow. No one is this stupid right?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm getting my new comp on probably Monday. I'll get sf4 PC if this setup can run it at 60hz.

Intel i5
4gb ram
Hd 4870

I'm willing to try and overclock it but I don't really know how.

I am ultra sexy and half black in case anyone was wondering.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dude that should definitely run it.

I am trying to get a cheap ass GPU that runs SF4 PC at 60FPS with most things high. Any leads? If I can get a cheap GPU that can run it I'll buy the PC game =P

Top Bottom