• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rice-Eater said:
So since Season's Beatings is coming up next week I was curious if any GAF'ers are attending? FMF, Haunts, Saqs, anybody else? I won't be but since there is a live stream(I think) I'd like to try and keep up with your matches and see how you guys do if you're going.
I am this year. Went to SB2 and skipped over SB3. I told my friend my very first match that I'm picking Dan, regardless of match-up. :lol

Lost Fragment said:
ABEL_unqualified.jpg

Apparently, this was Abel before he got a penis.

Maybe I would've actually played Abel if he/she had looked like that
No roided out French grapplers for me
Also whoever said that her and Makoto could have had a Ryu and Ken-like rivalry is fucking awesome for putting that concept in my head

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
NinajHeartless said:
Maybe I would've actually played Abel if he/she had looked like that
No roided out French grapplers for me
Also whoever said that her and Makoto could have had a Ryu and Ken-like rivalry is fucking awesome for putting that concept in my head

nf8zl.jpg
< needs to be in a fighting game, so hard :lol

Also you know what's fucking awesome? Beating Sagat's with Sakura :D

McBradders said:
nf8zl.jpg
< needs to be in a fighting game, so hard :lol

Also you know what's fucking awesome? Beating Sagat's with Sakura :D

I have been saying that forever!
I mean c'mon, she has an ultra built in and everything :lol
HWATAA

rocK` said:
thanks.

question for you:

how do you buffer the cr.sh xx super?
Not very good at explaining these kind of things, but you already have to be buffering the Super motion as soon as you do crouching strong kick and then press any punch button shortly after the kick connects. Think you only get about a second or so for a succesful combo, but it shouldn't be too hard once you get a feel for the timing.

bdizzle said:
MicVlad upload those tracks you were playing in your vids if you don't mind. they're fuckin incredible
I didn't record those video's, so I hardly know any of the tracks from the other guy's custom soundtrack (other than the Capcom vs SNK 2 bits).

_dementia said:
PC SFIV GAF, could anyone take some high-resolution shots of DAN for me, including his intro?

_dementia said:
GGs abstract alien

Your Rufus is getting a lot better. Stop letting me rekka for free tho! if you see me commit to the second hit after you block the first that's free EX Messiah or Ultra. You should be able to grab me too. It's such a bad habit I have and I need to break it, hell or high water.

Guys, any one have any Dan tips?
Watching this Japanese guy's video's might help:

http://zoome.jp/saikyooo
Someone uploaded a couple of his matches on YouTube if the above site's a little slow.

Solune

abstract alien said:
Anyone up for some 2am street fighter?

psn: xenoetry

GGs to xenoetry!
Awesome Rufus, had me locked down in a corner too many times.
Although I would've enjoyed our session more somewhat if I didn't have to win by coming back everytime.
Also is Rufus vs Abel in Rufus' favor in terms of matchup? Or did I just get beasted on.

Solune said:
GGs to xenoetry!
Although I would've enjoyed our session more somewhat if I didn't have to win by coming back everytime.
Also is Rufus vs Abel in Rufus' favor in terms of matchup? Or did I just get beasted on.
6:4 Rufus I think
Elbow apparently works against divekicks though

Solune said:
GGs to xenoetry!
Hell yeah, great games man. Appreciate the nice words about my rufus. I was taking notes the entire time we played. Your FADCs are ridiculous, its hard to keep up. No idea how you jump between that many characters and still kept the quality of play you did.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
According to some translation at SRK, Abelle is a boy.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Fersis said:
fuck that. we need more hardcore ladies up in this game, makoto can't hold down all alone anymore.

Fersis said:

Who cares, I think they just flip a coin when determining the gender of characters over there.

HAI U DRAW A REALLY HOT CHIC. DONE? OK WELL IT'S A GUY HAR HAR POISON.

FindMyFarms said:
Who cares, I think they just flip a coin when determining the gender of characters over there.

HAI U DRAW A REALLY HOT CHIC. DONE? OK WELL IT'S A GUY HAR HAR POISON.
I thought Poison being a man was a Capcom USA decision because it's not politically correct to beat up women. That's why her Final Fight sprite was modified to look more masculine in the US version.

_dementia said:
I thought Poison being a man was a Capcom USA decision because it's not politically correct to beat up women. That's why her Final Fight sprite was modified to look more masculine in the US version.

Doesn't really matter, it's just an example of their typical thought process. There's a bajillion gender benders in japan.

Threi

notag
2 things about Abella:

1. Her outfit is better than abel's
2. What would her alt look like? :lol

Back to reality though: A rushdown Guile IS possible right? The df.hk > EX Flash Kick is just too good to not use, but I never see Guiles use it. All I see is Guile from fullscreen away spamming sonic booms. I need a Guile teacher please :)

LakeEarth

Fersis said:
I never accept that crap. If I look at a drawing and it looks like a girl, but they say it's a boy, YOU'VE FAILED AS AN ARTIST! I don't think the Mona Lisa would be as popular if it was called the Bob Schwartz.

LakeEarth said:
I never accept that crap. If I look at a drawing and it looks like a girl, but they say it's a boy, YOU'VE FAILED AS AN ARTIST! I don't think the Mona Lisa would be as popular if it was called the Bob Schwartz.

ts-miriam+rivera2.jpg

fap with fear

TimeKillr

_dementia said:
6:4 Rufus I think
Elbow apparently works against divekicks though

Apparently? :)

It's how I beat all the Rufuses I run into. Since Rufus pauses a little bit before going down, you're pretty much guaranteed a 2nd c.fp hit, which leads to big damage if you have ex (c.fp -> f.CoD -> EX FS), ultra if you have it (either c.fp -> Ultra or c.fp -> f.CoD -> Ultra) or Abel's reset tricks when you don't have meter (c.fp -> dash forward -> s.fp -> roll -> reset).

TimeKillr said:

It's how I beat all the Rufuses I run into. Since Rufus pauses a little bit before going down, you're pretty much guaranteed a 2nd c.fp hit, which leads to big damage if you have ex (c.fp -> f.CoD -> EX FS), ultra if you have it (either c.fp -> Ultra or c.fp -> f.CoD -> Ultra) or Abel's reset tricks when you don't have meter (c.fp -> dash forward -> s.fp -> roll -> reset).

You just gotta be careful with the cr. fp, remember that rufus can punish that on block w/ meter.

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:
fap with fear
See, that's why Poison works, because he's SUPPOSED to be a transvestite. This is supposed to be a boy with pigtails (which explains why he knows how to fight, cause he gets the shit kicked out of him every day because he's a boy with pigtails).

LakeEarth said:
See, that's why Poison works, because he's SUPPOSED to be a transvestite. This is supposed to be a boy with pigtails (which explains why he knows how to fight, cause he gets the shit kicked out of him every day because he's a boy with pigtails).

That's what they WANT you to think!

Kuja was a woman!! I know it!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Threi said:
2 things about Abella:

1. Her outfit is better than abel's
2. What would her alt look like? :lol

Back to reality though: A rushdown Guile IS possible right? The df.hk > EX Flash Kick is just too good to not use, but I never see Guiles use it. All I see is Guile from fullscreen away spamming sonic booms. I need a Guile teacher please :)

Guile has some of the best normals in the game, and the best air-throw. vs most characters he should be moving forward most of the time.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
You just gotta be careful with the cr. fp, remember that rufus can punish that on block w/ meter.

Yeah, but if you only do it when he jumps, there's no risk of it being blocked.

I've gotten to the point where, offline, I can pretty much always land a c.fp on a jump-in. This makes matches fun because most people figure they can jump in on him for free.

Idiots. They sorta stop jumping when they see c.fp -> CoD -> Ultra. ;)

Brobzoid

TimeKillr said:

wait what who?? You can f.CoD and get a FS at the end? Does it only work with ex FS? finally a use for ex FS!! oh lawd~!

TimeKillr said:
Yeah, but if you only do it when he jumps, there's no risk of it being blocked.

I've gotten to the point where, offline, I can pretty much always land a c.fp on a jump-in. This makes matches fun because most people figure they can jump in on him for free.

Idiots. They sorta stop jumping when they see c.fp -> CoD -> Ultra. ;)

Oh he was asking about dive kicks though, you can't really use c. fp against em unless it's psychic :/

Brobzoid said:
wait what who?? You can f.CoD and get a FS at the end? Does it only work with ex FS? finally a use for ex FS!! oh lawd~!
Yeah, just the EX version. My buddy does this all the time. He plays a way better Abel than I.
He's very much aware of the spacing too since Abel doesn't have a traditional awesome AA.

Brobzoid

_dementia said:
Yeah, just the EX version. My buddy does this all the time. He plays a way better Abel than I.
He's very much aware of the spacing too since Abel doesn't have a traditional awesome AA.
So it just works when you ch.fp against a jump in?

ArjanN

LakeEarth said:

There is actually some speculation the Mona Lisa is a self-portait...

Those Dan vids are so depressing. It takes so much to win with him.

And do yo do the complete COD or just the first hit to hit the FS?

And no SSFIV update this week?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed that SSFIV came in the place of SFIV Turbo. I want mah Hyper Fighting!!

Spiderjericho said:
Those Dan vids are so depressing. It takes so much to win with him.

And do yo do the complete COD or just the first hit to hit the FS?

And no SSFIV update this week?
Just the first hit of CoD

There was a SSFIV blog update today. See Abelle...
Blogs on Tuesdays and game reveals on Fridays I think.

Brobzoid said:
So it just works when you ch.fp against a jump in?
Yes, the 2nd hit only of cr.FP will land and knock the opponent high into the air in a juggle state.

TimeKillr

Brobzoid said:

Yeah.

Only EX. I'm actually working on an in-depth analysis of juggle states in SF4 (since I haven't seen anybody do one) and I pretty much know how the system works now. I'm working on putting it up in video format.

In short, there's 2 types of juggle states in SF4 - full juggle and partial juggle.

During full juggles, ANYTHING will hit. Not a lot of stuff creates full juggles in the game - the only 2 that immediately come to mind (without further testing) are Rufus' jumping RH and Abel's c.FP (2nd hit). After those 2 normals, absolutely ANY move can hit - normals, specials, ultras, etc. (quick edit - I'm pretty sure Sakura's EX tatsu leads to full juggle as well, as evidenced by some of her reset setups)

During partial juggles, only very specific moves will hit. Typically, most ultras/supers will hit, as well as some EX moves. Most of the juggles in-game are partial - all the SRK moves are partial juggles, for example.

As far as my testing has gone, if you hit someone who is in full juggle with a move that leads to a full juggle, your opponent goes into partial juggle state (ex. with Abel, 2nd hit c.fp as anti-air -> FADC -> c.fp 2nd hit leads to partial juggle off the 2nd c.fp).

So with Abel, c.fp leads to full juggle state. Any move afterwards WILL connect (you can try this out with a jumping mk, for example). CoD in the air leads to partial juggle.

Of all his moves, EX FS, EX Wheel Kick, Super and Ultra hit in partial juggle state.

Knowing, this, you can do

c.fp (AA) -> CoD -> EX FS, EX Wheel Kick (not sure if it'd connect though), Super and Ultra.

You can also do (I tested this myself, just for kicks)

c.fp (AA) -> FADC -> c.fp (2nd hit) -> Ultra, or dash forward EX FS, or EX Wheel Kick.

FindMyFarms said:
Oh he was asking about dive kicks though, you can't really use c. fp against em unless it's psychic :/

Well, the thing is, whenever Rufus jumps, you can do a c.fp if he goes in range.

Worst thing that'll happen is a 1st hit trade.

Best thing that'll happen is 2nd hit clean.

c.fp AA is an AA that had to be done early anyway, so...

LakeEarth

Thanks for the tip TimeKillr. Finally I can do some damage when EX CoD comes out instead of ultra :lol

I think another full juggle is Bison's air medium punch.

Brobzoid

damn, timekillr breaking it down. cheers for the tips. Boring-ass training stage, here I come.

TimeKillr

BTW, I'm apparently a bit wrong, since there's a nice recent thread on SRK that explains juggle mechanics and I'm a little bit off on certain things.

But it's a short thread that not a lot of people have contributed to, so I'll still finish my research and post it.

Apparently, the juggle system also includes something called "juggle potential", which limits the amount of hits you can get in a juggle, but the guys disagree on it.

Caj814

2d14t2w.jpg

Fersis said:

LakeEarth said:

_dementia said:

Dascu said:
Oh goddammit Japan

Brobzoid said:
fuck that. we need more hardcore ladies up in this game, makoto can't hold down all alone anymore.

McBradders said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

:lol

Anyways it's safe you can FAP WITHOUT FEAR Abel really was a girl

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7671056&postcount=1288
Originally Posted by The Lone Dragon View Post
No, IT'S A GIRL. According to someone who actually translated it, vasili:

"I'm seeing this posted in quite a few places and in some rudely inappropriate tones, so setting the record straight because it's a viable example of translation engines like Google's faltering.

The design is of a girl, not a guy mistakened for a girl. The mistakened part was for a judo character. The primary idea behind creating Abel was coming up with someone exemplifying "the weak overcome the quite strong". Judo is an art expressly identified with this, due to its nature of using your opponent's strength against your opponent, turning anyone who might look weak and frail into a contender."

PhatSaqs

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
I asked in the Bar Fights thread if Saqs had a vid vs. Jibbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNIQNI69Os

This is from the week before. Winner's Final.

Here's a Jibbo playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F60A02A94F95F7A1&search_query=saqs+vs+jibbo

He busts a 21 hit on this Sagat in the grand finals. He also gets hit with a standing forward and in turn hits him with the ultra. Guess the recovery for that move is slow.
Good stuff. Didnt know this was out there. Thanks.

Top Bottom