• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

charsace

Amazon is a fucking joke. I bought the regular edition stick and it isn't shipping till the 24th? I tried to update to the te stick, but there is no preorders for it now. Amazon orders are a clusterfuck right now.

keanerie

Kintaro said:
I feel ya there. Trust me though, I'm dying to play this. It's just that having a high quality stick to play it with is just...part of it all. Same with any fighter really. The sticks are an investment, hopefully, for years to come. It's a means of playing the game with no excuse for controls to me. Eliminate all excuses so it's that much more easier to learn from getting killed by others. =)

Eh, the stick craziness is very understandable for me...I'm not looking forward to having to use my EX2 to play this game, so I'm dying to get my TE stick as much as anyone else, I guess I'm just more like "whatever it'll come eventually." Still, every time I play HDR with my EX2 I die a little inside. Anyway I think it's more the general hysteria of freaking out over getting your copy when you're guaranteed to have one in less than a week that I find kind of bothersome.

Anyway, WHY ISN'T DUDLEY IN THIS GAME????? CONSPIRACY.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Oichi said:
Played for about six hours last night on 360... the Japanese crowd right now is not very good.:lol

The PS3 crowd is pretty damn good..I've been owned a fair amount of times. Online is just effing awesome.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
TurtleSnatcher said:
Man no word of anyone using a Vega (Claw) huh?

Haha..

Oh well I'll be the only one getting owned I have a feeling

SAD :(

I haven't seen anyone use Balrog (Claw) online.. it's mainly Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Gouken, and Abel (yeah!). Surprisingly not many Sagat abusers yet. I've played a lot of El Fuerte's too but I usually win since I can tell they don't know how to use him yet. Actually I got wrecked by an amazing Vega (Bison) last night too.

Cheech

DMPrince said:
Eh. yeah. the manager said it but i highly doubt they'll actually get a monday shipment because we are always a 1-2 days late than everyone else.

My Gamestop's manager is driving halfway across the state to get their shipment. It'll be on sale by noon on Monday.

charsace said:
Amazon is a fucking joke. I bought the regular edition stick and it isn't shipping till the 24th? I tried to update to the te stick, but there is no preorders for it now. Amazon orders are a clusterfuck right now.

Uh yeah, you're like a month late on ordering a TE stick... that's your own fault. And that ship date has always been that. Don't see why you're bitching about it now.

SSnake

Don't play arcade with interrupt or you will never get through. I think I have been playing Ryu story for almost one and half hours. Getting challenged left and right.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So Fei Long is better this time round, yes? I think I'm gonna "main" him despite saying I wasn't going to be doing that kinda thing, but his Ultra is too cool :(

outsidah

I am so regretting no ordering the JPN version as well.. cant stand the wait.

Have we found this in a US major retailer yet? Heard a rumor Walmart might have it tomorrow?

charsace

thirtytwoutside said:
Uh yeah, you're like a month late on ordering a TE stick... that's your own fault.
What part of my post do you have problems understanding? I want the regular stick, but since it will be shipped so late I thought to myself, "hey why not get the le stick," but the stick situation is so clusterfucked on amazon that you can't even buy the damn thing still and I've been on the email list since early january just in case the te stick did become available again.

charsace said:
What part of my post do you have problems understanding? I want the regular stick, but since it will be shipped so late I thought to myself, "hey why not get the le stick," but the stick situation is so clusterfucked on amazon that you can't even buy the damn thing still and I've been on the email list since early january just in case the te stick did become available again.

So... you're mad that Amazon isn't sending you an email for a stick that they can't sell? :lol Of course you can't buy the damned thing on Amazon. You can't buy it anywhere.

charsace

thirtytwoutside said:
So... you're mad that Amazon isn't sending you an email for a stick that they can't sell? :lol Of course you can't buy the damned thing on Amazon. You can't buy it anywhere.
Good to see that my anger makes you happy. Hopefully you don't get either so that I can also be happy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyone know the sure-fire way to get to Gouken? I got Akuma and beat the game with him, but I can't seem to get to Gouken, despite not losing rounds, getting some perfect victories, and finishing some matches with ultras. Weren't those the requirements?

Loving the game, but I have a LOT to learn about it. It's like the arcade version where I can do quite well with Zangief against everyone but the shotos (in versus)...who kill me with basic stuff that would be no problem in any other SF. :lol

too much confusion on what version to get, so i broke down and managed to get a stick for the 360 as well as the ps3, so now i'll have both versions with sticks :D

charsace said:
Good to see that my anger makes you happy. Hopefully you don't get either so that I can also be happy.

You're getting your panties in a bunch over a non-issue, is all. The stick has been sold out for over a month everywhere. That's a widely known fact. That you can't upgrade... well, blaming Amazon for that ain't gonna make it any better, because it ain't their fault.

charsace said:

if i understood your previous post correctly, you're still getting the stick, just a little later? If so, you should just try to relax.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
was thinking of hitting up the la launch event, but i think i'm going to pass -- i was playing it at an arcade this week, and i'm still just too embarrassingly bad at this game to warrant the drive and the crowd and so on

Spy

It seems as if everything is delayed for me. I have a SE FightStick from Barnes and Noble and a TE FightStick from Amazon waiting to be shipped. What sucks is stores may start getting SFIV tomorrow.

drohne said:
was thinking of hitting up the la launch event, but i think i'm going to pass -- i was playing it at an arcade this week, and i'm still just too embarrassingly bad at this game to warrant the drive and the crowd and so on

You overestimate the crowd at these things. I am by no means a great SF player, but at the SFC event in San Francisco I'd say I won a pretty decent amount. If you can go, just do it! It's fun regardless of your ability level, and every Capcom thing I've ever been to has been well put on.

SSnake

Took some pics after an online battle

Medals
3275647686_46acbefd85.jpg

Battle Points
3275648506_8d0afae5a6.jpg

Spy said:
It seems as if everything is delayed for me. I have a SE FightStick from Barnes and Noble and a TE FightStick from Amazon waiting to be shipped. What sucks is stores may start getting SFIV tomorrow.

i haven't heard anything about a delay for my fight stick from BnN, it still says mine will be here on Monday. Did you get yours for 360 or ps3?

Darkman M

Spy said:

Yeah my game will be here tomorrow 10:30 am and my Amazon & Bestbuy TE sticks are both awaiting shipment so i broke down and vernighted a t an Hor ex pro for the 360.

I haven't been this excited for a game in years, i feel like a 10 year older on Xmas eve:lol

SSnake said:
Don't play arcade with interrupt or you will never get through. I think I have been playing Ryu story for almost one and half hours. Getting challenged left and right.

What system are you playing it on.

NVM, ps3. Anyone have it for 360 yet? None of my friends have gotten it yet but there's a few i've seen with achievements already.

SSnake said:

BTW, what happens when you get challenged while playing through storymode and lose? Do you get kicked off your own system? :lol

Darkman M said:
Yeah my game will be here tomorrow 10:30 am and my Amazon & Bestbuy TE sticks are both awaiting shipment so i broke down and vernighted a t an Hor ex pro for the 360.

I haven't been this excited for a game in years, i feel like a 10 year older on Xmas eve:lol
is your game in alaska right now? haha :p

mine is but fedex is giving an eta by 10:30am.

TxdoHawk

That AH video makes me wish Yipes would do an Arcana Heart video. :lol But to the guy that picked it up, it's a pretty awesome game, even though I'm terrible at it. Just go with Heart, shoryukens and GURU GURUUUUUUU PANNNCCCHHH all day.

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
I feel ya there. Trust me though, I'm dying to play this. It's just that having a high quality stick to play it with is just...part of it all. Same with any fighter really. The sticks are an investment, hopefully, for years to come. It's a means of playing the game with no excuse for controls to me. Eliminate all excuses so it's that much more easier to learn from getting killed by others. =)

There are two games which make me absolutely giddy about playing right now. SF4 and MLB 09 The Show. The Show has done that to me since a couple of years back, and SF4 being the first in ten years. I don't cross days off of a calendar, but I've been doing it for these two. :D
No idea where the chain of information stands -- so if this has already been said I apologize -- but I put in a call to GameStop corporate to get answers. The fellow I spoke to basically guessed what I was calling about when I said I had an issue with a preorder. He then proceeded to tell me that there was some sort of snag with the manufacturer and that they only got part of their expected shipments (for the warehouses) earlier in the week, and had just gotten the rest of the shipment today. He said to expect the sticks to be at the stores by Friday or Monday "at the latest."

Assuming he wasn't feeding me a line and blowing smoke up my ass, there seems to be hope for those of us who are still waiting. Cross your fingers!

bumpkin said:
No idea where the chain of information stands -- so if this has already been said I apologize -- but I put in a call to GameStop corporate to get answers. The fellow I spoke to basically guessed what I was calling about when I said I had an issue with a preorder. He then proceeded to tell me that there was some sort of snag with the manufacturer and that they only got part of their expected shipments (for the warehouses) earlier in the week, and had just gotten the rest of the shipment today. He said to expect the sticks to be at the stores by Friday or Monday "at the latest."

Assuming he wasn't feeding me a line and blowing smoke up my ass, there seems to be hope for those of us who are still waiting. Cross your fingers!
He's right.

Funny how it mimics what I said hours ago :X

Top Bottom