• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

keanerie

drohne said:
was thinking of hitting up the la launch event, but i think i'm going to pass -- i was playing it at an arcade this week, and i'm still just too embarrassingly bad at this game to warrant the drive and the crowd and so on

Go and take pics!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
bumpkin said:
No idea where the chain of information stands -- so if this has already been said I apologize -- but I put in a call to GameStop corporate to get answers. The fellow I spoke to basically guessed what I was calling about when I said I had an issue with a preorder. He then proceeded to tell me that there was some sort of snag with the manufacturer and that they only got part of their expected shipments (for the warehouses) earlier in the week, and had just gotten the rest of the shipment today. He said to expect the sticks to be at the stores by Friday or Monday "at the latest."

Assuming he wasn't feeding me a line and blowing smoke up my ass, there seems to be hope for those of us who are still waiting. Cross your fingers!

It's all good man. Either we get them by the time the game comes out or we don't. More important, either they want our money or they don't. :D Until then, I'm going to chill out by playing Flower. :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
He's right.

Funny how it mimics what I said hours ago :X

Because he talked to you! ADMIT IT! :D

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
It's all good man. Either we get them by the time the game comes out or we don't. More important, either they want our money or they don't. :D Until then, I'm going to chill out by playing Flower. :lol
True that. I was hoping to be able to warm up with some SSF2THDR using the stick, but as long as I get it, I guess it's alright.

Kintaro said:
Because he talked to you! ADMIT IT! :D
:lol

Kintaro said:
What kind of medals are they? Get a medal for doing certain things or what? Nice screens btw.
In-game awards for each online match. I presume you can only earn these while battling against other people over XBL / PSN, because I haven't earned any in the single player modes. I don't remember all of the criteria, but I can tell you off the top of my head that you get the chicken medal (utmost right side, third row) by dizzying your opponent. There's also one for achieving a perfect round. From what I could tell the medals only serve as a meta-game of sorts (I don't think you unlock extra bonuses with them), but there are achievements that require you to earn a relatively large number of them.

Sidenote: you can also unlock hundreds of icons / titles for your Street Fighter IV profile. Think of Virtua Fighter 5's Quest Mode, but instead of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ... Kyu / Dan / etc. you can handpick more "creative" ranks such Man of Meditation (a Dhalsim title) or Haste Makes Waste (which I got from the Time Attack Challenges). There are 260 icons and 430 titles, but the game doesn't reveal how to unlock them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was happy this morning that I got my SE fightstick from barnesandnoble.com and I decide to check my debit account and they took out the money twice for the item....wtf My order was completed and they took out the money that day and then today take out the same amount again.

Should have just used my f-ng regular credit card,now I have to go through more of a f-ing hassle.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
MicVlaD said:
Sidenote: you can also unlock hundreds of icons / titles for your Street Fighter IV profile. Think of Virtua Fighter 5's Quest Mode, but instead of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ... Kyu / Dan / etc. you can handpick more "creative" ranks such Man of Meditation (a Dhalsim title) or Haste Makes Waste (which I got from the Time Attack Challenges). There are 260 icons and 430 titles, but the game doesn't reveal how to unlock them.

I unlocked icons/titles as I just played online ranked matches.. after my first few wins I got some so I figured it was based off battle points..the more battle points the more stuff. But then I lost a few and still unlocked stuff..so it could also be amout of games played or even losses being counted towards unlocking stuff.

Darkman M

Matrix said:
I was happy this morning that I got my SE fightstick from barnesandnoble.com and I decide to check my debit account and they took out the money twice for the item....wtf My order was completed and they took out the money that day and then today take out the same amount again.

Should have just used my f-ng regular credit card,now I have to go through more of a f-ing hassle.

Make them give you the stick free for tryin to jipp ya.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kintaro said:
What kind of medals are they? Get a medal for doing certain things or what? Nice screens btw.

Yes, you get medals depending on the outcome of the match.

i.e. you get a medal if you win with less than 10% health, or with more than 80% health, or a perfect. You also get a medal if you win a fight via judgment:lol

Guled

MicVlaD said:
In-game awards for each online match. I presume you can only earn these while battling against other people over XBL / PSN, because I haven't earned any in the single player modes. I don't remember all of the criteria, but I can tell you off the top of my head that you get the chicken medal (utmost right side, third row) by dizzying your opponent. There's also one for achieving a perfect round. From what I could tell the medals only serve as a meta-game of sorts (I don't think you unlock extra bonuses with them), but there are achievements that require you to earn a relatively large number of them.

that sounds really awesome

worldrevolution said:
I unlocked icons/titles as I just played online ranked matches.. after my first few wins I got some so I figured it was based off battle points..the more battle points the more stuff. But then I lost a few and still unlocked stuff..so it could also be amout of games played or even losses being counted towards unlocking stuff.
Thanks for confirming that. Considering how many of them there are, I'm sure you can unlock them across all modes (be it off- or online).

Darkman M said:
Yeah it was released from there at 2:18pm according to fed-ex so no telling where it is now.

Yea mine was released at 2:08pm

We are so on the same plane! :p

I think its still in AK until tonights flights leave AK to distribution facilities where I live.

dhalsim.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
Anyone know the sure-fire way to get to Gouken? I got Akuma and beat the game with him, but I can't seem to get to Gouken, despite not losing rounds, getting some perfect victories, and finishing some matches with ultras. Weren't those the requirements?

Loving the game, but I have a LOT to learn about it. It's like the arcade version where I can do quite well with Zangief against everyone but the shotos (in versus)...who kill me with basic stuff that would be no problem in any other SF. :lol

Yeah I got Gouken unlocked yesterday. I beat the game(set on easy 1 round) with gouki and had two perfects and about 4-5 ultras to be safe. Plus no continues of course. And he showed up. I also heard you might need to be on your second playthrough with that character(not sure on that though).

He is a lot of fun to use. I'm glad that the game fixed one thing I was missing.

SHINSHORYUKENNNNN!!!!

Darkman M

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea mine was released at 2:08pm

We are so on the same plane! :p

I think its still in AK until tonights flights leave AK to distribution facilities where I live.

:D Fed-ex has always been pretty awesome for me, when they say it's gonna be there at a certain time they have always delivered.

Darkman M said:
:D Fed-ex has always been pretty awesome for me, when they say it's gonna be there at a certain time they have always delivered.
I'm blown away that it got from Hong Kong to the United States over fricken night.. hahaha

1 day shipping halfway around the world. Mass props to Fedex and Play-asia.

ecierif

According to a poster at Xbox360achievements.com, the medal requirements are:

1st Row
Won.
Won with 81-100% Vitality.
Won with 61-80% Vitality.
Won with 41-60% Vitality.
Won with 21-40% Vitality.
Won with 11-20% Vitality.

2nd Row
Won with 0-10% Vitality.
Won with Perfect.
Won by Chip Damage (wear down opponent's Vitality bit-by-bit while they block)
Won with an Ultra Combo Finish.
Won an Super Combo Finish.
Won with a Regular Move.

3rd Row
Won by Judgment (Time-out).
Escape a Throw/ Did a Quick Stand Move.
Perform a Reversal.
Perform a Counter-Attack.
Perform a First Attack.
Dizzied an Opponent.

And he says you only get them from online matches.

ecierif said:
According to a poster at Xbox360achievements.com, the medal requirements are:

1st Row
Won.
Won with 81-100% Vitality.
Won with 61-80% Vitality.
Won with 41-60% Vitality.
Won with 21-40% Vitality.
Won with 11-20% Vitality.

2nd Row
Won with 0-10% Vitality.
Won with Perfect.
Won by Chip Damage (wear down opponent's Vitality bit-by-bit while they block)
Won with an Ultra Combo Finish.
Won an Super Combo Finish.
Won with a Regular Move.

3rd Row
Won by Judgment (Time-out).
Escape a Throw/ Did a Quick Stand Move.
Perform a Reversal.
Perform a Counter-Attack.
Perform a First Attack.
Dizzied an Opponent.

And he says you only get them from online matches.

It's too bad they don't use the cheese icon anymore, not even in the medals.

Nightz

Are orders from the Capcom store shipping already? I think I read earlier in the thread that someone's copy of the game was shipped, but I can't seem to find the post.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Snapshot King said:
If thats the case and those medals stack then I can see getting those 1000 medal achievements reaaaally quickly.

Yeah they do. You'll get medals fairly easily and the corresponding achievements.

Man am I the only one that thinks this looks better than it did in arcades? I am guessing it might be because my tv is higher quality than the screens they use in the arcade?

Fuck I want to get home and play some more.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MicVlaD said:
Thanks for confirming that. Considering how many of them there are, I'm sure you can unlock them across all modes (be it off- or online).

I've only unlocked icons and titles online. I didn't unlock a single one playing offline.

LordK

Nightz said:
Are orders from the Capcom store shipping already? I think I read earlier in the thread that someone's copy of the game was shipped, but I can't seem to find the post.

It's a couple pages back. I'm surprised more people didn't go nuts over it. :lol

Has anyone downloaded the patch update? Is it the championshop mode?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I cant wait. It brings back so many memories.

A friend that i know since 24years just called me asking if i wanted to meet with him and his brother for some SF4 party ( both of them are hardcore fighters fan ) I remember playing with them on SF2 arcades back in the day. We gonna put our wife/girlfriend aside, and just meet for some old school pizza/beer/videogame fun :D :D :D :D

Shiiiit im hyped to the max.

shouamabane said:
My copy just shipped from the Capcom Store. I'm giddy.
Wow lucky, when did you order? And just so I can make sure it doesn't appear in my spam folder, what's the e-mail address it comes from?

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm blown away that it got from Hong Kong to the United States over fricken night.. hahaha

1 day shipping halfway around the world. Mass props to Fedex and Play-asia.
Never used FedEx before?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
BudokaiMR2 said:
Man am I the only one that thinks this looks better than it did in arcades? I am guessing it might be because my tv is higher quality than the screens they use in the arcade?

Fuck I want to get home and play some more.

Nope, you're not - after watching the Ruliweb HD vids, it really looked better than the direct feed videos and pics I've seen of the arcade version - better yet, the 360 version has AA which is an improvement over the arcade version which doesn't have any...

The truth is, I still had this idea at the back of my mind despite loving the game that there was something about it, but when Gametrailers put up the very first video of the console version (I think it was Seth playing with Akuma against someone else in the training level) and the characters were actually standing still long enough to check the details, the colors, the ink, was when the game became amazing-looking to me all of a sudden...

Alrighty, off to the partay.

Anybody who's going look for a mid-sized filipino dude with a bald head, black plaid shirt, jeans, and black and orange Kobe's. That'd be me. :lol

Hope I win that copy. >__<

PhatSaqs

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
easy setting, 1&#12288;round makes it pretty fast. Even on medium Seth can be a cheap bastard which is the only thing that slowed me down.
Even then it'll still take a good while for most to get them all. I think my in game clock is at around 6 hours and I still have Seth, Akuma and Gouken to go.

I'm an expert

BudokaiMR2 said:
easy setting, 1&#12288;round makes it pretty fast. Even on medium Seth can be a cheap bastard which is the only thing that slowed me down.

I've been trying to do arcade mode only on Medium for the trophy but I might just have to do this to get chars quicker. I usually end up taking a char I know to Seth and then losing and picking the char I want to beat it with and praying I get lucky..

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Believe me, if you want Gouken without pulling your hair out, play 1 round matches on easy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can you do one round on easy to get to Gouken?

One advantage of having this early is getting those battle points up. I think Cammy might be my new main now; a lot of the people online at the moment are total SF amateurs and don't seem to know what to do against her, but I keep noticing how damn effective her cannon spike is. It seems to come out faster than all the shotos' DPs, so I am killing them all pretty easily. I shot right up to 26 wins.

When do you get more character colors? Do you not earn them through ranked matches?

PhatSaqs said:
Even then it'll still take a good while for most to get them all. I think my in game clock is at around 6 hours and I still have Seth, Akuma and Gouken to go.
You're pretty slow or just bad o.o Didn't even take me 4 hours.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

One advantage of having this early is getting those battle points up. I think Cammy might be my new main now; a lot of the people online at the moment are total amateurs and don't seem to know what to do against her, but I keep noticing how damn effective her cannon spike is. It seems to come out faster than all the shotos' DPs, so I am killing them all pretty easily.

When do you get more character colors? Do you not earn them through ranked matches?
Challenges and time trials for colors and taunts.

Guled

Lyte Edge said:

One advantage of having this early is getting those battle points up. I think Cammy might be my new main now; a lot of the people online at the moment are total SF amateurs and don't seem to know what to do against her, but I keep noticing how damn effective her cannon spike is. It seems to come out faster than all the shotos' DPs, so I am killing them all pretty easily. I shot right up to 26 wins.

did you get that 10 wins in a row achievement?

Guled said:
did you get that 10 wins in a row achievement?

I came close got 8 in a row with ryu and barely lost to someone. pissed me the fuck off.

and the 360 controller is an abomination to mankind. Playing with ryu/ken is pretty easy but anyone else is a fucking nightmare. I'm kinda thinking about not playing until Tues when I get my TE stick. And abel is fucking awesome.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sorta OT, but I got my first hate reply on XBL with HD remix. I can't wait to get more in SF4. *sniff* I feel so grown up!

Top Bottom