• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Skilotonn said:
Oh-so pissed that I finally bought a Hauppauge HD PVR to record my gameplay in HD, and the damn thing does not show the input at all, and thus won't capture crap. And I never knew about these problems until AFTER I bought it. Gonna have to return the thing, because just like others have experienced, the start up lights and so on are all perfectly fine, it just won't show the input nor capture...

So disappointed. Oh well.
Check PM.

The stream is working for me right now. It's a bit laggy and pixelated.

They say Daigo is getting schooled by Issei in Third Strike. $13,000 is on the line.

I also can't believe he's playing with two random people in the three-on-three tourney. Must be the jet lag.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If anyone is wanting SFIV PC, Impulse has it for $30 this weekend, with no Securom.

MicVlaD said:
That's because your screen resolution is most likely set to 4:3. It's the same way on consoles if you're playing on a non-widescreen TV.

That said, has anyone found a way to keep SFIV from crashing if you change the graphical options on Windows 7, or a cause of this crash? I can play the game, but it's annoying cause I want to set a fixed framerate on it.

Steaks

GGs Saqs.

Kinda sucks that I was learning that matchup in the middle of playing it :lol I had no idea her backdash was that good, at least I figured out a few gimmicks to beat it in the set.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Season's Beatings 4: where dreams come true! I met Daigo and got his autograph!

332cyn4.jpg

Unfortunately somehow I got a smudge on it within 30 seconds of the autograph.

9qjssn.jpg

But the photo means more to me anyhow :D

zlyers.jpg

I'm holding the TE stick design that I made a few months ago.

hta7fd.jpg

Justin Wong offering advice.

SB4 is my first ever tournament and already it's been awesome. I'm going to suck in the actual SF4 tourney tomorrow, but I'll be enjoying every minute.

DS could have taken that first round against Daigo. He had the jabs going but missed his headbutt into Ultra when Daigo had around 15% life left. It should also be noted that Daigo missed his Ultra in that same round so both guys screwed up. Anyways, you just don't give someone like Daigo and Justin a 2nd chance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats SnowWolf!

_dementia said:
Yeah. Dnyce is a nice fellow, but his commentary is really bad.

Yeah, he beat me in that South Florida tournament I entered a few weeks back. He plays an okay Gouki. He took advantage of my ignorance of the ultra countering jump ins. It was free.

Daigo's makin' the kid's so pringles!

EDIT: so salty!!

I need a screencap of him holdin' pringles & the mortons. :lol :lol :lol

fuu- the flite too?!

guy got embarassed.. also haunts the website says something about signing up >_>

Steaks

Rice-Eater said:
LOL, why didn't I go to SB4, I could have been on Daigo's team and carried his luggage on my way to 1st place in SF4 Team tourney :lol
Apparently the guy on his team is translating for him or something since hes like quadlingual or something insane like that.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
LOL, why didn't I go to SB4, I could have been on Daigo's team and carried his luggage on my way to 1st place in SF4 Team tourney :lol

yeah we'll see about that when you face my ass, pimp.

Dizzy-4U

_dementia said:
will you keep us updated on an avatar source?
haunts said:
here is where i found the Juri art..beware, some NSFW images.. -_-;

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=juri_(Street_fighter)&searchDefault=Search
Here's the direct link to the pic btw (you need to register to see the danbooru page): CLICK

If you are looking for really cool fanart, I recommend to create an account in Pixiv. Pretty cool site, has plenty of new pics every day. Most of the best SF fanart (among others) are from there.

PhatSaqs

Banned
kensk said:
GGs Saqs.

Kinda sucks that I was learning that matchup in the middle of playing it :lol I had no idea her backdash was that good, at least I figured out a few gimmicks to beat it in the set.
Ggs man. Hopefully those matches gave me goodluck for SB4 today ;).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
Oh my fucking god I just did Chun's Hard 5 trial in an online match.

Holy. Fuck.

:lol :lol
Unfortunately, damage scaling makes the Ultra at the end completely worthless even if you manage to properly juggle it, but if you already had the match in hand then showing off certainly doesn't hurt.

TimeKillr

Skilotonn said:
Oh-so pissed that I finally bought a Hauppauge HD PVR to record my gameplay in HD, and the damn thing does not show the input at all, and thus won't capture crap. And I never knew about these problems until AFTER I bought it. Gonna have to return the thing, because just like others have experienced, the start up lights and so on are all perfectly fine, it just won't show the input nor capture...

So disappointed. Oh well.

Thanks for this, although I'm gonna head to bed in a bit...

What?

I have a HD PVR and it works like a freaking charm.

Maybe I can help you run it?

TimeKillr

MicVlaD said:
"We're on Wi-Fi"...

Yeah that's excellent Internet for a stream.

Yeah I saw that too, but I think it's not their only problem.

The 3rd Strike stream was VERY good when it started, and at higher quality that the SF4 stuff. People always believe "Oh WiFi is shit" when it's clearly not - they just don't realize that when there's so many people in the venue, there's a limit to the bandwidth they can pump out since a lot of people will be using bandwidth also.

There's also the fact that they have to encode a HD stream, and their PC might not be able to correctly handle it.

It you look at the camera stream, typically it's running 30fps with a hiccup here and there, but when it switches to the game stream it screws up and slow down to a crawl.

There is ALSO the fact that it's UStream, which completely sucks in streaming video when there's a lot of people, compared to Justin.TV, which typically runs a bit better.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I just got a new copy of SFIV, it recovered my old GP total!!
I lost my save when I upgraded to a PS3 slim, I'm so happy:D

Top Bottom