• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

UC1 said:
The whole point of a plink is that if you hit the first part too early (LP) then you can still register the 2nd part (LK) and the first move comes out, except in this case it's just a throw. Basically you can't plink using a command that would be throw, FA or taunt, because only the first input will register as a normal move, so there's no point in plinking if you only get one chance to hit the normal move.

? The whole point of plinks is to get double inputs (on sequential frames) in order to make tight links easier.

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
? The whole point of plinks is to get double inputs (on sequential frames) in order to make tight links easier.

Yeah. What I'm saying is LP~LK isn't a double input for LP, it's a single input for LP and a single input for throw. If you hit LP~LK too early during a link combo and LP doesn't register, you don't get a 2nd chance (as you would with a plink), you get a throw attempt. It doesn't work with same strength or low->high. It only works high->low, except for cr.LK~LP or cr.HK~HP

UC1 said:
Yeah. What I'm saying is LP~LK isn't a double input for LP, it's a single input for LP and a single input for throw. If you hit LP~LK too early during a link combo and LP doesn't register, you don't get a 2nd chance (as you would with a plink), you get a throw attempt. It doesn't work with same strength or low->high. It only works high->low, except for cr.LK~LP or cr.HK~HP

Oh ok i c

edit- this would've been easier if just said you can plink lk and not lp :lol I never plinked w/ jab or short, but I knew you could plink one and not the other, thought it was lp.

Natural

catfish said:
If it was Rokitty don't be ashamed, the mans a freak with balrog.

I got destroyed by a sakura last night. She's terrifying if someone knows how to play her, she's like permanently yellow and flashing and my poor dictator keeps seeing stars.

Also More european players need to send an X360 request to the GT: gafeurobrawlers gamertag.

We have 13 and it's nice finding somebody close quite regularly playing.

Just sent an F/R to this, my tag is: I Kick Back I.

Anyone want a game sometime, send me an invite!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
UC1 said:
Whoa that's a really nice combo! I've been trying to add more fadcs for chun and dash legs into my game, this might actually be practical.

it's 5 bars though! unfortunately I don't think it's possible to land the EX SBK in a match. the reason people rip on combos with more than 4 bars, is because once you break that rule, there's lots of easy infinites

Take out an EX thousand legs or SBK and it's possible in a real match. :D

You should know by now that my combos videos are mainly about over the top stuff that can't be done in a real match and helping myself with execution.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
mid-Air metsu Hadou INCOMING!!!

When he said that he meant a teleporting air tatsu. Heres how it works, you jump, do the motions and Ryu will either teleport in front or behind you and then do a Tatsu that does SEVENTY PERCENT DAMAGE. Oh and it has 0 start up frames so when the move is activated and you're blocking in the wrong direction you won't be able to escape the attack.

Threi

notag
I am so sick of resorting to stupid tricks to win with bison...

anyways yeah a not-so-good day today. Went on 3 consecutive losing streaks against 3 different opponents. I know fighting games are all about risk/reward, but when every option has a way to be punished heavily so you resort to doing one thing (or even nothing) in fear of being punished it just sucks :lol

Also stick update: Movement is still bad, and making no progress (i constantly whiff dashes and even basic movement, I find it incredibly hard to keep a simple back/forward input to block crossups, I have been crossed up too many times to recall. I am so incredibly slow at teching that i stopped doing it, and it has started translating to the pad as well. It's a strange position to be in, I have gotten worse with the pad due to using the stick, which I am not to great at to begin with. Might as well keep with it though.

/rant

The Guile Super into Ultra is taught in one of his hard trials. Simple to do, but with the way it turned out when the Viper ended up behind him I'm thinking that was auto-correction?

Didn't have to auto correct, she fell behind him pretty early. He just switched his charge.

I would never have thought to do that, heh. That's what you call awareness.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
someone with a camera or uploading device needs to play me!

Or wait, is there a way to take videos while you're playing the PC version?

I beat a basic scrubby flowchart Ken yesterday in G1. Got some hatemail.

hatemail7.JPG

My response: Rematch?

hatemail8.JPG

My response: I promise not to spam. Just tell me what moves I'm allowed to use.

No response after that. I guess he understood how stupid he sounded.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He could simply at a -> on the left side :)

Ledsen

TimeKillr said:
WTF did Tokido do at the end of set 2? Cancelled his sweep by the ultra? Or does it just have faster recovery because it was focused?

Yes he cancelled the sweep into Ultra. It's a classic Akuma trick, bait the opponent into focusing the sweep and then... BAM! DEMON!

Top Bottom