• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Killa Sasa said:
I'm in Winnipeg. We were going to go the Toronto tourneys but decided against it (and I heard that the setups weren't great in the end anyway? Who knows).

Thanks man. But it looks like I need more time in the training dungeon. And I've started to be extremely shitty against Sagat again for some reason.

Anyway, here's a couple of vids. I'll just copy/paste my post from SRK:

Had a winner's finals against the best player in our scene. The moral of the story is PRACTICE YOUR SHIT UNDER PRESSURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QluqfeEDrlM

It's an amazing match though, but hard to watch for myself. I still took 3rd though (was outta juice, got beat down by a Sagat immediately after this - that vid's not up yet).

Comments are welcome, but I know what lost me the match. Please don't just rub it in for shits and giggles, lol.

But on the good side, here's another awesome match in Winner's Semi against a Balrog. This one had me going nuts, and I did get a little lucky in the end, but sometimes even the best need some help The camera can't capture how loud it got (or how much I was mashing my stick - I damn near dropped the thing )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzB3hwiyBjE

Give that one a bit, HD will be up soon. It just got uploaded.

Hope you like it

Haha, you two were so incredibly nervous, it completely shows in the vid. Good shit nonetheless, way to rep cammy.

Yo killa one more thing, (if you don't know already) if the other guy is doing FA as an anti air, just do a c. spike or ultra right after your j. rh. Shin akuma did that a lot, lots of damage opportunities for you.

Killa Sasa said:
I'm in Winnipeg. We were going to go the Toronto tourneys but decided against it (and I heard that the setups weren't great in the end anyway? Who knows).

Thanks man. But it looks like I need more time in the training dungeon. And I've started to be extremely shitty against Sagat again for some reason.

Had a winner's finals against the best player in our scene. The moral of the story is PRACTICE YOUR SHIT UNDER PRESSURE

It's an amazing match though, but hard to watch for myself. I still took 3rd though (was outta juice, got beat down by a Sagat immediately after this - that vid's not up yet).

Comments are welcome, but I know what lost me the match. Please don't just rub it in for shits and giggles, lol.

But on the good side, here's another awesome match in Winner's Semi against a Balrog. This one had me going nuts, and I did get a little lucky in the end, but sometimes even the best need some help The camera can't capture how loud it got (or how much I was mashing my stick - I damn near dropped the thing )

Hope you like it

Good shit man!!

I'm trying to learn Cammy right now, but I have no idea how she is supposed to be played. Her normals have no range and a lot of her specials are not very safe. But I want her to be my secondary because she looks so fun to watch in the right hands. I gotta ditch Ryu, he's too universally hated right now...esp. since I'm too scrubby with him still. There's really no point to using him since Daigo has set the bar so freakishly hight with this character.

I never get ragemail for using Chun, but last night I got two messages over the weekend from two people accusing me of using turbo :lol

FindMyFarms said:
Yo killa one more thing, (if you don't know already) if the other guy is doing FA as an anti air, just do a c. spike or ultra right after your j. rh. Shin akuma did that a lot, lots of damage opportunities for you.

On focused Dives, I think her recovery time screws her.

I don't remember whether or not I got hit by a focus after a jumping normal, but if I did, I know it works; for some reason I just didn't do it. Gotta remember that.

And I don't know if I'm better than him; he hasn't been sent to the loser's bracket in SF4 tournies here ever. That's what was on my mind when I missed my combo - I wanted to end that streak :D. Only thing I can really claim top 8 or better here since day one. And he's got better fundamentals than I do.

He is definitely beatable though, and it helps that I'm picking a character that can go even with Akuma. He absolutely murders everyone else here :lol Definitely earned his place.

The only thing I'll take from that match is in spite of my massive screwups, I was one dropped combo away, heh.

Killa Sasa said:
On focused Dives, I think her recovery time screws her.

I don't remember whether or not I got hit by a focus after a jumping normal, but if I did, I know it works; for some reason I just didn't do it. Gotta remember that.

And I don't know if I'm better than him; he hasn't been sent to the loser's bracket in SF4 tournies here ever. That's what was on my mind when I missed my combo - I wanted to end that streak :D. Only thing I can really claim top 8 or better here since day one. And he's got better fundamentals than I do.

He is definitely beatable though, and it helps that I'm picking a character that can go even with Akuma. He absolutely murders everyone else here :lol Definitely earned his place.

The only thing I'll take from that match is in spite of my massive screwups, I was one dropped combo away, heh.

The past is the past man, we talkin bout right now baby :D You can take him easy! Now that you got your nerves outta the way, next match should be yours.
In all seriousness, he's not that good, shit's free for u

Zapages

DIRTY-D said:
:O There is a possibility that Capcom is thinking of making STREET FIGHTER III 4th Strike :O

link:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=833

Will be crazy awesome if it became true!!! I guess SF 3 characters returning are not a lie now at all. :0 ^_^ :)

and some new information:

Ken Bogard is a lucky dude, not only he got to attend the micromania show but also got a chance to play SSF4 and get some inised info about what to expect from the upcoming title. If you speak French make sure to read his awesomely long post of what he expected, if you don’t well here is a list of things he mentioned:

• The character select screen has a new look now.

• The beta had 8 characters playable, and the rest were grayed out. Ken Bogard said that he was too far from the screen to count how many grayed out characters are there, and therefore states he has no idea if there 10 or 8 extra characters.

• All characters will have two Ultra.

• The seond ultras have some unexpected commands but this can change since this is the first beta he tried.

• Next Friday’s big announcement, will not reveal new characters,but will be apparently about the online mode of the game

• Dee Jay’s Machine Gun move has now the same command as honda’s hundered hand slaps

from the haduken website posted above...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
B-Genius said:
Hey to WiseBlade (not sure if that's your nick on here),

Those were some nice matches! Your Fuerte is tres dangerous - Guessing wrong or slipping a couple of times meant I'd eat a nice healthy dose of mixup goodness. Some real tense moments, and some surprising revelations! You taught me a few new things to look out for ;)

This Eurobrawlers business was a great idea =)

Indeed!

Wiseblade is pretty great with fuerte (I hate that tricky bastard) At least bison gets a break vs that character by being able to teleport away from the mixup. how can you avoid that throw though? the spinning thing I mean.

Also, everyone in europe that plays on 360 friend the Gafeurobrawlers GT!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That guy and Yipes made my day. That was some of the funniest commentating ever and then Hu comes along. :lol Too bad I only got to watch a portion of it. I was trying to figure out the stream yesterday.

Solune

Kadey said:

Omg @ Fei Long vid.
Does the last hit only work on certain chars?
And what version of Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence is that if you dont mind me asking?

Lost Fragment said:
I can't tell if the G1 comp is getting shittier, I'm getting better, or a combination of the two.
It's definitely getting shittier. I've noticed that I picked up some bad habits from there now. So for me it's combination of G1 and myself getting shittier :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I need to test my mettle against someone amazingly good. Yeb or Saqs or someone.

Ran into Chris Hu a few times in championship mode recently, but he kept kicking me out 'cause of the 3-bar connection (I assume, anyway).

PhatSaqs

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I need to test my mettle against someone amazingly good. Yeb or Saqs or someone.

Ran into Chris Hu a few times in championship mode recently, but he kept kicking me out 'cause of the 3-bar connection (I assume, anyway).
Send me a FR. I suck tho :(

TimeKillr

Kadey said:

I don't wanna burst your bubble but that's 3 hits in Fei's Ultra, not 5 on the juggle :(

Unless your goal was to have the last hit land. In which case, gratz (that's a feat in itself).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Killa Sasa said:

Hope you like it

Solid Cammy man - I can tell you one thing that I suffer from time to time as a rush down player in every game that I play, whether it's fighting games or shooters - a lot of the times you had a comfortable lead but you were still relentlessly on the hunt for that Akuma, and you ate some nasty anti-airs from him...

When you're in the lead, and in a match with high-stakes like that, turn down the aggressiveness a bit and either bait him to attack and punish, or just let him come to you - I'm not saying you have to turtle, cause I hate that as well, but you're taking damage when you shouldn't have to...

I found you the better player by a good bit, but hey, you'll take the next one next time, no worries...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Zapages said:
Will be crazy awesome if it became true!!! I guess SF 3 characters returning are not a lie now at all. :0 ^_^ :)

and some new information:

from the haduken website posted above...

• Dee Jay’s Machine Gun move has now the same command as honda’s hundered hand slaps

Oh shit

DR2K

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Good Abels are like poetry, but Abel vs Cammy is the worst matchup in the game for him, and it doesn't help that this Cammy player is amazing.

His worst is Zangief, Abel has some leeway against Cammy, Geif destroys him for free.

MoxManiac said:
Why? Tap P is much easier to do.

I prefer the old motion rather than hundred hand...but the advantage the new motion gives, is it can be done immediately vice charging it.

I went online last night (bout 8 p.m. pacific) and no one was in the Tekken or SFIV Gafchat.

And sadly, my computer has deadlined. I need to reformat my hard drives, as I borked the Windows install.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
My friend dressed made this costume for his daughter.

IMG_2428.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cowie said:
Holy crap that's adorable. That little girl looks to be on the verge of tears though, haha ;x
Because she knows that is going to have huge legs.

MoxManiac said:
Why? Tap P is much easier to do.
Not for me :(

TimeKillr

Killa Sasa said:

I didn't personally go, but some of the top players from Montreal did go. They were drunk and the tourney was too late so they lost though. :(

But apparently, according to Arturo, we have the single best Gief in North America (Temujin). lol

Top Bottom