• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi

notag
:(

stupid GAF moderation. Go ban trolls or people that post goatse or something...ya know...people who deserve it.

:lol @ God Beard's ban though

PhatSaqs

Banned
MIMIC said:
Finally got live back :D

And I ran into Saqs @_@ He went 5-0 on me. In the first match he RAPED my Guile. I switched to Fuerte and every single match could have gone either way; a jab could have decided all of them :lol

I must say that a good Rose is a fucking good Rose :D
Good stuff Mimic. Nice Fuerte. I was gonna play more but had to tend to some things.

AZ Greg

If I don't accept anybody's invites for the next couple of weeks don't think I'm ignoring you. I sent my arcade stick in for repairs yesterday so I'm assuming I'll be without it for at least a couple of weeks. :(

Threi

notag
that back run cancel into jump forward into air throw tripped me the hell out, I had to watch about 4 times to realize what he did :O

KajunW

Did anyone listen to the Alphaism podcast from October 25? It features Fugee, Ghaleon, and Javits recapping the events at Season's Beatings 4. It's a little bit on the long side, but it has some very interesting Daigo tidbits:

[On sandbagging, as some think he is]
- He likes to take it "slowly" in the beginning to figure out his opponent. He doesn't up the pace until he's on the verge of losing. Not necessarily out of arrogance, but from a strategic point of view.

[On his own level of play]
- Daigo doesn't play Sagat in SF4, because [1] He likes Ryu [2] He would be too strong otherwise with Sagat ("Japan would basically go crazy, because Sagat is so good, and he [daigo] is already good").
- Apparently there was a period when Daigo was really into Third Strike [a while ago], when people in Japan were actually complaining about him being so good.

[On his adaptation skills]
- Daigo prides himself most on his adaptation skills, rather than his execution or experience.
- He takes Japanese tournaments seriously, but at the same time, not *that* seriously. The reason being is that they are based on one game, and it's impossible to gauge who the best player is based on that format.
- Daigo is more of a long-set type of player.
- A potential money match with Sanford was talked about, with Javits putting up $500, Daigo $500, against Sanford's $1000. Daigo said that, even though he was beaten twice by Sanford in the team tournament, Sanford would not win in the long run. Daigo is confident in his adaptation skills.
- Apparently Daigo's never lost a long series of matches against anyone, with the exception of a Third Strikes series of matches with Deshiken. Deshiken won 51-49 (!). Daigo said Deshiken challenged him the most, out of all the matches he's played.

[On American top players]
- Daigo rated Justin 10/10, Sanford 8.5 to 9/10, and Marn 6/10. Marn was furious.
- Even though Daigo beat Justin 10-2, he did not think that Justin is a bad player, but that he is so good in figuring his opponent out. Daigo thinks Justin is very creative, and one of the best players he's played. He makes a mediocre character (Fei Long) look really good.
- Justin asked him why he doesn't do so well against Japanese players. Daigo said Justin's style is based on punishing opponent mistakes, and Japanese players generally make few [large] mistakes.

[On his favourite games]
- His favourite game is ST, followed by Alpha 3.
- He doesn't like Third Strike anymore, because Chun Li is too good.
- He likes SF4. He takes it really serious, and wants to become the best at it.

Thanks for the info KajunW, it's actually nice to hear that Daigo is not so humble all the time. It's a nice change to see that he does have a bit of arrogance and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

I'll be playing sf4 on 360 exclusively starting soon now. Same with Marvel. Not that I play either much anymore. But I'll be on live again.

Maybe Tekken 6 too.

imtehman

Banned
so how exactly does this work, you guys just give eachotehrs psn/xbl then jus tdo private matches? Would love to get some pracitice in with C viper with fellow gaffers

BitchTits

I just realised Fei Long's #5 taunt where he lays on the ground goes under fireballs :D

You can't really do it on reaction since it takes so long, but it's yet another fun way to show run away shotos they can't stand at the back of the screen and shoot off fireballs all day.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
imtehman said:
so how exactly does this work, you guys just give eachotehrs psn/xbl then jus tdo private matches? Would love to get some pracitice in with C viper with fellow gaffers

Yeah, I want to get some PC or PSN matches in at some point, I'm getting tired of playing champ mode right now, especially on PSN.

KajunW

Rice-Eater said:
Thanks for the info KajunW, it's actually nice to hear that Daigo is not so humble all the time. It's a nice change to see that he does have a bit of arrogance and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

No problem.

The humbleness is part Japanese (or Asian in general) culture, where it's basically not done to brag in public. These comments came from a more private setting, so it's not surprising he speaks with more honesty.

All the best players have some sort of cockiness. That goes for any game, or sport. You need to believe you're the best, if you want to be the best. He is no exception.

Anyways, Justin's performances this year at Evo and SB4 must have made Daigo think a lot more highly of him. Being called one of the best players Daigo's played is a rather nice compliment.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
imtehman said:

if youre on psn:

psn: COOLIO-

i love viper on viper matches. i'm around ~1200 bp

arstal said:
Yeah, I want to get some PC or PSN matches in at some point, I'm getting tired of playing champ mode right now, especially on PSN.

Add me and I'll send you a gafchat invite, your missing out on all the comp :p

psn - findmyfarms

I always saw Justin and Daigo as good friends with no real bad blood between, despite the heavy competition. I mean c'mon, they went to McDonald's drive thru together with no car and almost got arrested :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FindMyFarms said:
Add me and I'll send you a gafchat invite, your missing out on all the comp :p

psn - findmyfarms
:mad:

BotoxAgent said:
I always saw Justin and Daigo as good friends with no real bad blood between, despite the heavy competition. I mean c'mon, they went to McDonald's drive thru together with no car and almost got arrested :lol
Yeah man, they are like Ryu and Ken.... or Ken and Sean :lol

~Devil Trigger~ said:
gg FindMyFarms

DAN WILL WIN ONE DAY!!!!:lol

GG's sir! I actually love demoralizing Dan players by picking Sagat, but kept forgetting to pick him until the very last match (when you were already using abel.):lol :lol

FindMyFarms said:
xbl tag is ps3roolz4lyfe

Yo, I'ma add you when I get home from work. It's ON like Donkey Kong.

Spiderjericho vs. Findfizzle on Live. YES!!

My spidersense is tingling. I detect Sarcasm...

I was looking at the latest Dee Jay vs. Juri video. One, I'm tired of seeing that crappy background. And Dee Jay's standing and walking animation are ugh. Juri's looks cool.

I haven't played in more than two weeks since my PC crashed. Maybe I'll hop on and use Find's Wii friend code to play him.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
GG's Arstal! and plz tone down your rampant 3s fanboyism :lol

Yeah, I thought I was doing good for a bit, then it went south fast. You turned it up a notch. I was starting to get used to it a bit, but you made me realize I need higher quality opponents. I think playing online randoms hurt me.

2&2 said:
Any word on the new character pads and sticks? Coming soon or delayed til SSFIV?

Yes Boss! has a post in the pickup thread with the new Round2 TEs. They're also dropping MVC2 SEs and TEs this month. Same sticks though. Also, there's the new Tekken6 HRAPs (from Playasia or NCSX). Those are the best joints out right now.

And we finally have some substantial SSFIV info (bonus stages and online).

So I guess this thread is going to die and a SSFIV thread is going to rise from its ashes.

Ledsen

I love how awkward Daigo looks in this video :lol
What is this show anyway? There are more videos there as well.

edit: also WOW at ~1:40 in this video. Is that combo common, cause I've never seen it before. Also note what Mago says in the beginning, then after he loses (at about 6:18), he says something to the effect of "Losing against God is a certainty" and Daigo still just stands there like a statue :lol

edit2: apparently the videos are reeeeeeally old but got uploaded to YT only a few days ago. Still funny though!

Threi

notag
BitchTits said:
I just realised Fei Long's #5 taunt where he lays on the ground goes under fireballs :D

You can't really do it on reaction since it takes so long, but it's yet another fun way to show run away shotos they can't stand at the back of the screen and shoot off fireballs all day.
One of fuerte's taunts goes under fireballs too :lol

Lost Fragment said:

Did he sjc fadc backwards on that?

Ledsen said:
edit: also WOW at ~1:40 in this video. Is that combo common, cause I've never seen it before.

Yeah it's pretty common. The cr. lp after f. lk is a one frame though, so most sagats usually do tiger shot after the lp since you can't hit confirm the uppercut after the lp, so if you f up the link you're sol, but he did have 2 bars.

Top Bottom