• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TimeKillr

DR2K said:
His worst is Zangief, Abel has some leeway against Cammy, Geif destroys him for free.

Pretty much - Abel isn't so bad against Cammy since if she makes a mistake he has a lot of opportunities for big damage (FP TT, other combos).

Gief though.. All of his pokes beat Abel's, jumping MK beats all of Abel's AA options, if he knocks you down you have no real escape (most characters can do neutral jump + a normal to beat lariat, but Abel can't since he has no neutral jump normals that go downwards), etc.

Gief is 7-3 against Abel for a good reason - Cammy is probably 5-5.

Leunam

TimeKillr said:
Gief though.. All of his pokes beat Abel's, jumping MK beats all of Abel's AA options, if he knocks you down you have no real escape (most characters can do neutral jump + a normal to beat lariat, but Abel can't since he has no neutral jump normals that go downwards), etc.

Neutral jump RH is good for this, but you can't be in his face. For jumping away, j.LP and j.LK stuff lariat nicely.

qcf x2

Kadey said:

I think you can add a fireball to the Gouken combo before the ultra.

BTW Free Wins Week is here as my downward spiral and frustration with my stick continues! USVI STAR on XBL if anyone wants to boost the old win percentage.

TimeKillr

~Devil Trigger~ said:
im not the greatest Abel but Cammy at least is a 6-4 > Abel

You think it's 6-4 for Cammy?

Why? What makes the matchup like that? I play a very good Cammy on a regular basis and we both feel it's closer to 5-5 than 6-4 for Cammy.

Leunam said:
Neutral jump RH is good for this, but you can't be in his face. For jumping away, j.LP and j.LK stuff lariat nicely.

Yeah, neutral jump RH stuffs lariat, but as you said, not up close, so this is problematic when the gief does it when you wake up (as he'll be right in your face anyway).

Jumping away sort of works, but even then it gets easy to exploit (meaty c.lk will stuff your jump away and then he can tick into kick SPD or lariat).

bumpkin

Killa Sasa said:
Had a winner's finals against the best player in our scene. The moral of the story is PRACTICE YOUR SHIT UNDER PRESSURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QluqfeEDrlM

It's an amazing match though, but hard to watch for myself. I still took 3rd though (was outta juice, got beat down by a Sagat immediately after this - that vid's not up yet).

Comments are welcome, but I know what lost me the match. Please don't just rub it in for shits and giggles, lol.
Dude... That was INSANE! Win or lose, you showed some serious chops there. You're definitely not somebody a newb like myself would want to play! :lol Both of you were on a whole 'nother level. Some of the links you were nailing were just ridiculous! Awesome video, man!

TimeKillr said:

Why? What makes the matchup like that? I play a very good Cammy on a regular basis and we both feel it's closer to 5-5 than 6-4 for Cammy.
Abel has no offense on her that doesn't depend on punishing a mistake. You're just stalled, and going in for offense is just hoping for the best.

Leunam

TimeKillr said:
Yeah, neutral jump RH stuffs lariat, but as you said, not up close, so this is problematic when the gief does it when you wake up (as he'll be right in your face anyway).

Jumping away sort of works, but even then it gets easy to exploit (meaty c.lk will stuff your jump away and then he can tick into kick SPD or lariat).

And that's why it is imperative to stay on your feet. Not the easiest task, though.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Abel has no offense on her that doesn't depend on punishing a mistake. You're just stalled, and going in for offense is just hoping for the best.

Explain? How does he have no offense? Also a lot of people's offense revolves around punishing mistakes. Any footsie character is just that.

I definitely think Cammy-Abel is a momentum match: whoevers get going first is probably going to win, I don't see a lot of huge turn arounds in that matchup ever.

I find it one her easier ones for sure though, I think she has an easier time against anybody without a really mean reversal (especially one that can be FADC'd for big damage).

But a lot of Abel's let me apply pressure and refuse to EX-cellent Roll away from it (I know it's Marseilles but I like that better :p). I just spam the hell outta TKCS against him really. Abel's aren't used to having to use Falling Sky on wakeup, I think. I hate getting mixed up by Abel though, it hurts a lot.

Just from my own experience against good Abel's I'd peg it at 5.5-4.5 in Cammy's favor. But then again, I might just be facing guys with the wrong mindset.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
Nice! It looks dope, almost like you OTG Honda with that last hit. Dhalsim combo is cool too.

There's no way to get rid of that watermark logo? What editing program are you using?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
TimeKillr said:

its a waiting gaming or get into offense before she does. she out pokes you of course, good dp and the cannon strike mix ups are tough to handle. I feel like im mostly waiting for a deep Cannon Drill or a bad Trustkick decision to get somewhere.

Natural

Good games Rokitty! Even though you completed destroyed me :lol

Not quite sure why you kept using the pink laughing smiley face so often after a match.. but good games nonetheless and I look forward to playing you again.

Natural said:
Good games Rokitty! Even though you completed destroyed me :lol

Not quite sure why you kept using the pink laughing smiley face so often after a match.. but good games nonetheless and I look forward to playing you again.

GGs. Balrog is my main and I basically use him 95% of the time. So I was playing a lot with characters that I didn't really know. Many times I used the laughing face to laugh at myself or at some clutch situation in the match. That is really the only time I use it.

Was Ken your main btw?

TimeKillr

Killa Sasa said:
I definitely think Cammy-Abel is a momentum match: whoevers get going first is probably going to win, I don't see a lot of huge turn arounds in that matchup ever.

I find it one her easier ones for sure though, I think she has an easier time against anybody without a really mean reversal (especially one that can be FADC'd for big damage).

But a lot of Abel's let me apply pressure and refuse to EX-cellent Roll away from it (I know it's Marseilles but I like that better :p). I just spam the hell outta TKCS against him really. Abel's aren't used to having to use Falling Sky on wakeup, I think. I hate getting mixed up by Abel though, it hurts a lot.

Just from my own experience against good Abel's I'd peg it at 5.5-4.5 in Cammy's favor. But then again, I might just be facing guys with the wrong mindset.

It has a lot to do with the fact that those Abels don't have a lot of experience against Cammy.

I don't find it too difficult, in general (mainly because I play a good cammy, SpectreRT4, quite a bit). It's all about control and forcing Cammy to make mistakes. Because when she does a single mistake, a big chunk of her life is going down, along with a KD, which brings up more opportunities for mistakes. Abel's strength in this matchup is crazy KD mixups, where he has a lot of options and if Cammy guesses wrong, she loses life and goes KD again.

Also, step kick pressure is king. If the Cammy isn't spamming spikes all day against the initial step kick, she can get pressured very easily into standing still and eating a lot of pokes. And if you DO notice she spams spikes, then just bait and punish, then KD mixups.

Abel only has 2 truly horrifying matchups: Gief and Akuma. Anything else is fair game. Gief because of his pokes, air game and KD shit, Akuma because of his f.RH that is pretty much unpunishable. You can spam EX TT if he's close enough and hope he tries a normal instead of a SRK , but that's it. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Those combo vids have the dual effect of creeping me out really badly, but also making me feel really tired.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
as a deejay player im a little shocked to see how many tools capcom is giving him...a free ultra off of an ex sobat?..mashing out the MGU might be overkill..especially if you can juggle into an ultra after, or FADC it mid combo dash in and repeat..obviously its speculation, but if he has any sort of invulnerability on start up (maybe EX version) he'll have some pretty nifty potential shenanigans or frame traps

Hey Majestros, for your combo challenge, did you want every hit of the ultra to be 5 damage? Or is it ok if the last one is higher?

I've got one that I can upload that ends with it being 9.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Gr1mLock said:
as a deejay player im a little shocked to see how many tools capcom is giving him...a free ultra off of an ex sobat?..mashing out the MGU might be overkill..especially if you can juggle into an ultra after, or FADC it mid combo dash in and repeat..obviously its speculation, but if he has any sort of invulnerability on start up (maybe EX version) he'll have some pretty nifty potential shenanigans or frame traps
and i just noticed how fast his dash is.

CPS2

Killa Sasa said:
Hey Majestros, for your combo challenge, did you want every hit of the ultra to be 5 damage? Or is it ok if the last one is higher?

I've got one that I can upload that ends with it being 9.

Save you waiting for Maj, it's meant to be 5 dmg for every hit of the ultra except the last one.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Gr1mLock said:

I love me some Deejay :D

MIMIC

Banned
Finally got live back :D

And I ran into Saqs @_@ He went 5-0 on me. In the first match he RAPED my Guile. I switched to Fuerte and every single match could have gone either way; a jab could have decided all of them :lol

I must say that a good Rose is a fucking good Rose :D

(Going from all of the offline play and back online....wow, it's a totally different animal. It's especially difficult for Fuerte because if you miss the run due to any variation in the connection, you basically missed a big opportunity or you're fucked).

Glad to see that I don't find Honda so difficult anymore since I'm trying out new stuff.

Natural

Rocky_Balboa said:
GGs. Balrog is my main and I basically use him 95% of the time. So I was playing a lot with characters that I didn't really know. Many times I used the laughing face to laugh at myself or at some clutch situation in the match. That is really the only time I use it.

Was Ken your main btw?

Yeah I knew 'Rog was your main, you're pretty beastly with him! Viper is/was my main, but I completely suck with her now since I've started to dabble with Ken recently.. And even then, your Honda and 'Rog completely shut them both down, so I couldn't do anything. :lol

Kadey said:
Here's my Maj challenge that I made in a couple of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tjd0CkwPI

What's the name of teh track? Pretty tite

black_vegeta said:
I believe it was for this. He should have known better. Also, LakeEarth was banned as well for who knows what...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18316498&postcount=164

Uptight modding there, just light hearted humor, good thing gaf isn't a basketball forum :lol

But yeah, i was actually asking about dementia :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got drunk. Played championship mode. Only used grab and accidental lp/lks. I did surprisingly well...

It was more fun than it sounds. And hooooollly shit the salt :lol

Lost Fragment said:
Got drunk. Played championship mode. Only used grab and accidental lp/lks. I did surprisingly well...

It was more fun than it sounds. And hooooollly shit the salt :lol

try gettin high then playin, shit's intense as hell :lol

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Wow, thanks for all the reponses guys. All three of the new ones are great.

Sorry i didn't answer the question about the damage increase on the last hit, but yeah it's fine. I don't think there's any way to avoid that. Even if the ultra misses a bunch of hits, the last hit to connect always has a different explosive animation and does a little extra damage.

Zissou

GGs as always farms. Sorry about using a character I'm garbage with and probably not entertaining you a whole lot. I've been trying to figure out a second character to use quasi-seriously, but trying to not be locked in the blanka mind-set is goddamned impossible!

When you were doing the tiger uppercuts and I was sitting on my ultra and... not using it, you had to be thinking 'fuck, seriously man?' while I was busy thinking, 'if only I had charge I could destro.... oh shit' :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dementia,God's Beard and LakeEarth banned?
Damn, almost the half of fighting gaf

Zissou said:
GGs as always farms. Sorry about using a character I'm garbage with and probably not entertaining you a whole lot. I've been trying to figure out a second character to use quasi-seriously, but trying to not be locked in the blanka mind-set is goddamned impossible!

When you were doing the tiger uppercuts and I was sitting on my ultra and... not using it, you had to be thinking 'fuck, seriously man?' while I was busy thinking, 'if only I had charge I could destro.... oh shit' :lol

Haha it's all good man. GG's as always. The setup I have going on is two tv's next two each other. I kinda zoned out during our session because I got caught up watching sports center at the same time, which is why I was spamming so much random stuff haha. Fun games all around still.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How did they all get banned?

Top Bottom