• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

gutabo

WTF??? Honda's Super can't armor break??? My friend just held his FA, absorbed the first hit of the Super and hit me before the second hit!!! If it's supposed to be a souped-up headbutt, why losing the armor breaking ability??? A true WTF moment...

Meh, I'm playing locally now, prepping for a local tourneyon sunday... wish me luck!

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
I need help thinking of combo ideas for Vega. It's like he really doesn't have any. More idealistic is hits, featuring super or ultra and being flashy.
Yeah he doesn't really have much. If you can't find anything else, it might be cool to see how far away you can do lvl3 FA into ultra from. Like maybe hit Dhalsim's s.HP from full screen away, backdash and try to combo ultra.

Or you can do counterhit Rolling Crystal Flash xx lvl2 Focus Attack xx dash forward, air throw - midscreen even. But that's only 3 hits.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Majestros said:
Yeah he doesn't really have much. If you can't find anything else, it might be cool to see how far away you can do lvl3 FA into ultra from. Like maybe hit Dhalsim's s.HP from full screen away, backdash and try to combo ultra.

Or you can do counterhit Rolling Crystal Flash xx lvl2 Focus Attack xx dash forward, air throw - midscreen even. But that's only 3 hits.

The "most impressive" thing I can do is something most people would have seen before and it's just the ballerina hop kick into EX wall jump and slam.

Hey, do you know of any programs to split and cut videos? I'm trying to use something that's not user friendly at all.

Oh, that last Ryu combo I did, I added more stuff to it. :D

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
Hey, do you know of any programs to split and cut videos? I'm trying to use something that's not user friendly at all.
I use a really old version of Adobe AfterEffects. It lets you do almost anything. There's a bit of a learning curve in the beginning but after that everything becomes intuitive. Adobe Premiere is good too but doesn't have as many bells and whistles.

Other than that i don't have any experience with any other programs. I use VirtualDub for really really basic capturing and cutting, but it can only edit one clip at a time.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutabo said:
WTF??? Honda's Super can't armor break??? My friend just held his FA, absorbed the first hit of the Super and hit me before the second hit!!! If it's supposed to be a souped-up headbutt, why losing the armor breaking ability??? A true WTF moment...

Meh, I'm playing locally now, prepping for a local tourneyon sunday... wish me luck!

Super headbutt is best used in combos (crouching fierce or supercancel off hands or headbutt), or to blow through projectiles. It's still I think one of the best supers in the game, maybe the best.

My 360 dualmod part of my stick got broke today. It's still a PS3 stick, so I'll just play on PSN more instead of PC. (once I get the PS3 to Windows 7 stuff installed I'll be back on PC in midweek though)

TimeKillr

Kadey said:
The "most impressive" thing I can do is something most people would have seen before and it's just the ballerina hop kick into EX wall jump and slam.

Oh, that last Ryu combo I did, I added more stuff to it. :D

Sorry, I haven't had time to show you a little tutorial as to how to use tsMuxeR. :(

gutabo

arstal said:
Super headbutt is best used in combos (crouching fierce or supercancel off hands or headbutt), or to blow through projectiles. It's still I think one of the best supers in the game, maybe the best.
LOL, I know that(Sumo 101, 43 frames of projectile invincibility rocks), but if during (local)casuals my friend tries to go for a lvl3 focus attack after every knockdown he gets, why not super him? Now I know that an ex headbutt is the right answer. And still, if the normal version of the special breaks armor, why the super doesn't?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Suriprised there isnt more talk about the Active Gamers tourney that went down.. Marn got first, took out Justin... Some really good matches through out the day..

Tekken was off the chain too..

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutabo said:
LOL, I know that(Sumo 101, 43 frames of projectile invincibility rocks), but if during (local)casuals my friend tries to go for a lvl3 focus attack after every knockdown he gets, why not super him? Now I know that an ex headbutt is the right answer. And still, if the normal version of the special breaks armor, why the super doesn't?

Normal headbutt- keep your EX's for when you need them, don't use it for damage unless it's to KO.

(some matchups excepted- such as Boxer and Viper)

Norcal regionals next week is gonna be hype! Live stream to boot.

http://www.norcalregionals.com/

Had to put that shameless plug in there cuz my boy buktooth is listed in the heavy hitters on the website :lol :lol :lol

That and it'll be a bombass norcal vs. socal tourney! Gootecks, Ed ma, Mike ross, ricky o, and choi are all gonna be there >.<

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
haunts said:
Suriprised there isnt more talk about the Active Gamers tourney that went down.. Marn got first, took out Justin... Some really good matches through out the day..

Only thing I've been hearing about that tourney is what a disaster it was. Tourney started 3-4 hours late, the winners didn't getting paid and wanted to take TV monitors as collateral.

Watching the recording of the stream now, some good matches.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
^^^

Yeah I heard it was pretty bunk. They didnt have all the money for the pay outs, it cost like 50 bucks to register and shit like that. WTF.

Still a bunch of good fights. Stream quality wasnt too bad, the commentary was really bad for the most part. Aris and UltraDavid saved that shit though.

FindMyFarms said:
Norcal regionals next week is gonna be hype! Live stream to boot.

http://www.norcalregionals.com/

Had to put that shameless plug in there cuz my boy buktooth is listed in the heavy hitters on the website :lol :lol :lol

That and it'll be a bombass norcal vs. socal tourney! Gootecks, Ed ma, Mike ross, ricky o, and choi are all gonna be there >.<

Mr Jared and I are in charge of the live stream so it should be good shit. We'll be streaming NorCal play today in preparation for NCR so tune in a bit later. :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
robut said:
Sweet. Are you two commentating?

I think Magus1234 will be on the mic, if he wakes up and makes it over here. I'm sure I'll hop on the mic at some point too. :p

Ill post the link once we're live, which should be jsut a couple hours from now.

edit: you mean for NCR? Again, Magus1234 will be commentating, and we have a bunch of others who have expressed interest. I'm managing the project so I dont know how often I'll be on there since I'll be bossing fools around! yeah!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:

The main problem was having this thing during a UFC/Pacquiao fight weekend. My house is still a huge mess from throwing a get together. :(

Having been told about what happened during the making of the AG tourney, I'm really disappointed. This isn't good at all for the community. Kudos to those that tried holding it together.

Kadey said:
The main problem was having this thing during a UFC/Pacquiao fight weekend. My house is still a huge mess from throwing a get together. :(

Having been told about what happened during the making of the AG tourney, I'm really disappointed. This isn't good at all for the community. Kudos to those that tried holding it together.

also doesnt help that its the first weekend since MW2 came out

Grifter

Just got 3rd in a 58 entrant tourney, pot bonus drew a nice turnout. Was expecting to be knocked out early cuz I stopped playing for a while for BB but got into a nice groove and made some comebacks in matches where I would be getting crushed until my elimination round. Think I'll go back to focusing on this before NEC but need to find a new character.

Not playing much made me not break throws at all. Mad at myself for that one.

Wow. I read the first page of that thread. Wow, it sounds like it was poorly organized. And I think it's irresponsibly for the Active Gamers to blame HAX (whoever that is) for ishing up the tournament. They should've coordinated and planned it before hand.

And that stream only has about 40 viewers. No love for Northern California.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:

I left the event, to go watch the Pacquiao fight.

lol.

I came back and all that drama happened :(

It was a great event though, so happy to see everyone.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ever have one of those sessions where it feels like every guess is wrong and every random variable in the game goes against you? My bad luck tonight was just unbelievable.

It's almost enough to convince me that there actually is a god or something pulling the strings of the universe, and that that god is a dick.

I ended up playing for way longer than I should've because I kept telling myself "man, I can't just be that unlucky, can I? I gotta start kicking some ass and end it on a positive note..."

SoulFist

Man, I really want to start playing Street Fighter competitively. I see these streams and think about how awesome it would be to be involved in something like that. Alas, there isn't much of a scene in southwest Oklahoma(Or at all really, as far as I know) so I am forever doomed to be an XBL warrior:lol .

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
And that stream only has about 40 viewers. No love for Northern California.

You do realize this was a test stream right? NCR is next weekend, but if you want to try to get close to 200 viewers streaming from your kitchen, be my guest. :p

haunts said:
You do realize this was a test stream right? NCR is next weekend, but if you want to try to get close to 200 viewers streaming from your kitchen, be my guest. :p

I just did. I had about 400 of my closest friends. I left some pizza and syrup out on the floor. Some of them were even flying around...

It's all good. I'm looking forward to the stream. Hope you win (if you play).

And I read the Triple Threat thread, and it looks like Active Gamers (or whatever) is remorseful to how the event turned out and is willing to make amends. I hope they get a second chance. If I were them, I'd try to hold an event soon and try to establish good will with the gamers again.

gutabo

arstal said:
Normal headbutt- keep your EX's for when you need them, don't use it for damage unless it's to KO.

(some matchups excepted- such as Boxer and Viper)
LOL... I was talking about that specific situation(defendinf against a FA after an untechable knockdown). I tried to butt my way through it too(even normal headbutt), and the FA won/traded more often than not(it's also character specific because of the different FAs hitboxes). So on that specific situation, EX HB was the best choice.

Meter management is also gaming 101... thanks for the tips tho. Do you play on Live? If so, add me!(Gutabo2)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Rocky_Balboa said:
I haven't played SF4 for a week. Dragon Age and now MW2 have taken all my fight monies away. But I guess I'm not the only one.

You fuckers need to come back, I am tired of the 5 guys still playing the game in the G-2 bracket... raaaaaaaaaaaage.

YakiSOBA

Kadey said:

What went down, what was the drama?

Fuma-X

Damn saw some 40K+ replays from rokity... really nice -
For those interested, xbl mixmasterfei, playing gief & currently 7.5K GP

LosDaddie

Banned
So I was at a Dave & Busters (in Jax, FL) this weekend with the family and there were no fighting cabinets at all.

I was hoping to try out my scrubby SFIV skills, but nope :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BotoxAgent said:
wtf with all those 360s and shit being stolen :-/

and Marn has quit SFIV?

and every opponent I played this weekend kept mashing ultra on wakeup, seems like MW2 is taking over
What?!
Nooo!

Top Bottom