• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

XenoRaven

My main chars are Honda (where the matchup can be brutal) or Rose. Chun wins both those matchups, I think 6-4 in each. Honda vs Chun is really frustrating if the Chun knows how to runaway.
I suppose I can understand this sentiment, but it's frustrating to me as a Chun player that if I make the slightest mistake or if Honda gets a chance to mount any offense that practically 1/4 of my health is gone with one heavy punch or kick. Then again, I'm not very good and the friends that I play with are generally better than me.

Yeah, Maj, I liked checking in this thread for SSFIV info but now I have to and bounce between both. I actually just keep a tab open with this thread. But I guess we have to have a general thread and a hype thread.

TofuEater said:
I got 10-0'd yesterday playing Sagat against a Gouken.

Crazy matches, near the end it was just a throwing match.

Gouken is kind of broken. Crossup on wake? Eat the counter, try anything, eat counter. Pissed me the hell off.

I usually just empty jump in then throw OR come in with a c.LP on his wakeup to throw Gouken's off their counter game.

It's all about the mind games son!

Dr.Hadji

Playing Fei Long has really got me to hate fireballs. Specifically, jump back jump back fireball fireball fireball Jump air tatsu to escape and repeat. Holly goodness. I know its my own fault for playing Long but still.

TofuEater said:
I ultra'd his counter, I got pwned :(

Don't ultra his counter, wait for him to whiff it then Tiger uppercut fadc f. rh -> ultra.

Gouken can't really do much vs. Sagat

Dr.Hadji said:
Playing Fei Long has really got me to hate fireballs. Specifically, jump back jump back fireball fireball fireball Jump air tatsu to escape and repeat. Holly goodness. I know its my own fault for playing Long but still.

When you're about a half screen away (max range for his FA) start focus baiting Fireballs, you get instant crumple if they throw a fb, you absorb then counter hit with the FA into a phat combo.

If you get the other player tentative to throw fireballs, then it opens up fei long's rekka footsies and general ground game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
XenoRaven said:
I suppose I can understand this sentiment, but it's frustrating to me as a Chun player that if I make the slightest mistake or if Honda gets a chance to mount any offense that practically 1/4 of my health is gone with one heavy punch or kick. Then again, I'm not very good and the friends that I play with are generally better than me.

Yeah, if Chun plays it right though- Honda loses unless he can force a mistake, which isn't easy. She's as hard to land a hit on as Sagat, she just kills you slower and you hurt her more if she messes up.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
BitchTits said:
I think it's only the disconnector that gets a strike, not the 'disconecntee' :)

On XBL usually that's the case, on PSN they both get it.

It's how I ended up with a 3%. Had like 10 ragequits or match finish then "you gotta start all over" couple weeks ago. Rather annoying.

Dr.Hadji

FindMyFarms said:
When you're about a half screen away (max range for his FA) start focus baiting Fireballs, you get instant crumple if they throw a fb, you absorb then counter hit with the FA into a phat combo.

If you get the other player tentative to throw fireballs, then it opens up fei long's rekka footsies and general ground game.

Now would you say this is a online (aka lag) friendly tactic? I've seen some Justin Long/Fie Wong matches and have a general understanding of what to do but I don't know how much is applicable with lag.

qcf x2

TofuEater said:

Gouken is kind of broken. Crossup on wake? Eat the counter, try anything, eat counter. Pissed me the hell off.

Gouken has to guess high or low with the counter, unless he uses EX. So mix up your attacks between high, low and throw. That's SF4 in a nutshell, minus the high attacks. :lol

@ Dr.Haji, provided your connection is 4 or 5 bars you should be okay. I think you can beat fireballs after block with rekka. If not, it's really close. After blocking a fireball my rekkas usually connect, but it might be the other player being shocked at how quick the start-up is. It definitely catches people walking forward. And yeah, for sure the FA vs fireball thing is useful.

Dr.Hadji said:
Now would you say this is a online (aka lag) friendly tactic? I've seen some Justin Long/Fie Wong matches and have a general understanding of what to do but I don't know how much is applicable with lag.

Actually, stay away from Wong's videos if you're trying to learn Fei Long. He wins matches because he has some of the best footsies on the planet, and uses Fei in that regard. However, his character knowledge for Fei (or at least implementation) isn't that great. If you want to learn footsies it's good, but it's not really something you can learn through videos.

It's pretty online friendly. Just walk up to max range FA distance and start charging it up. In general just focus bait with Fei Long a lot, since he has one of the best in the game up there with Chun and Fuerte. You'll get a surprising amount of crumples.

TofuEater

qcf x2 said:
Gouken has to guess high or low with the counter, unless he uses EX. So mix up your attacks between high, low and throw. That's SF4 in a nutshell, minus the high attacks. :lol

Yeah this was the problem, between the match lag and input lag, he could counter my pokes, like 80% of them. 99% of my throws were tech'd by him, thats some insane reaction time or he was just waiting for it. I don't know.

Played a ok Ryu, won him 4 times before he won once and then he(she) quit on me D:

Imm0rt4l

TofuEater said:

I play gouken, Sagat is usually an easy matchup for me, but I rarely play a competent sagat. Gouken is anything but broken, if you're eating counters it's because you're too predictable, you need to mixup some armor breaking moves in there. Gouken whiffing a counter spells heavy damage for him, so you'd best make him afraid of throwing relying on counter. short TK is pretty safe me thinks. All in all though I'd say the it's a 5-5 match though. Gouken doesn't respond well to pressure since he's slow, problem for you is tha Sagat isn't much faster than gouken.

TofuEater

Imm0rt4l said:
I play gouken, Sagat is usually an easy matchup for me, but I rarely play a competent sagat. Gouken is anything but broken, if you're eating counters it's because you're too predictable, you need to mixup some armor breaking moves in there. Gouken whiffing a counter spells heavy damage for him, so you'd best make him afraid of throwing relying on counter. short TK is pretty safe me thinks. All in all though I'd say the it's a 5-5 match though. Gouken doesn't respond well to pressure since he's slow, problem for you is tha Sagat isn't much faster than gouken.

Yeah I was pissed off in that match I forgot tiger knees at a certain distance were safe and would break armor.

The Koreans take their sf4 tournaments so seriously tv shows and hot chics, didnt see this posted yet so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sov8l1BrMg&feature=related

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah right, you're probably gonna bust out some hawtness wit Dan, stop playin mind games on me!

No really, my execution with the TE, matchup knowledge and degraded mixup game have me in the dumps. :(

But I want to have fun. And the torture of using that character will make me a better player.

TimeKillr said:
Heh, the % score is your disconnect percentage.

Meaning that if you play more games without disconnecting, it'll go lower.

If I play 1 game and disconnect, I have 100% disconnect.
If I then play 9 more games, I have 10% disconnect.
If I then play 90 more games, I have 1% disconnect.

See how it works? :) Percentages are a glorious thing! :lol

As far as I'm aware, the percentage always rounds up, so if you disconnect in a single match, you'll have at least 1% forever.

Wrong, at one point I had a 2% disconnect (not my fault i turned my xbox off after I won/lost and it was on the medal screen). After awhile it went down to 1% and recently about 2 weeks ago it got down back to 0%... And I don't really play the game a lot online :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I only had one disconnection after the fight was over (When it shows your medals) and now i have 1%

:(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck you Fei Long.

Worst piece of shit hard trial ever created. Ever.

Zabka

jam86 said:
Wrong, at one point I had a 2% disconnect (not my fault i turned my xbox off after I won/lost and it was on the medal screen). After awhile it went down to 1% and recently about 2 weeks ago it got down back to 0%... And I don't really play the game a lot online :)
I think it's based on your last 100 matches or so. Something like that.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Skilotonn said:
Man, you weren't kidding.

The production value puts stuff like TNA or UFC to shame... :lol

I think Fatal Fury 2 would put TNA to shame.

Got to play Lyte Edge tonight in 1 match in champ. Got real lucky at end with random EX headbutt (had a feeling you would stick something out that wasn't ultra, so I felt and EX headbutted) I almost never throw headbutts in that situation.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I had no idea Wong was so influential. Almost never saw Fei-Longs online before he started using him.

arstal said:
I think Fatal Fury 2 would put TNA to shame.

Got to play Lyte Edge tonight in 1 match in champ. Got real lucky at end with random EX headbutt (had a feeling you would stick something out that wasn't ultra, so I felt and EX headbutted) I almost never throw headbutts in that situation.

That was you? :lol What's your PSN name? Frogpunch?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
watch the bodies hit the floor

Saw a pretty sweet Viper reset from kensou

Lost fragment, you'll like this one (if you haven't seen it already lol)

FFF xx ex seismo sjc fadc st. fp sjc mk bk

st. fp juggle puts them back into auto stand (no fall down/tech) and the sjc mk bk is a meaty ambiguous crossup. Messed around w/ it in casuals, ppl fell for it 100% on the first time lol. Really nice stun and even more damage, plus the bk placement gives you nice set ups.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^

I hear that. I had some really fun games last night. But since I've started playing Rog exclusively, I absolutely suck w/ the shotos now. Is there anyone that's really good at both charge and shotos that have no problem going back and forth?

Gr1mLock said:
well now that im sick of modern campfest 2 i'll be going back to SF4 full force

I agree. I want to go back full force, but it seems the rest of the world has yet to follow. The last few nights have been dead when I was searching for matches. Didn't bother playing at all last night. The night before I won like 40 matches in a row because I couldn't stop running into flowcharters that ultra randomly. I usually don't bother with champ mode anymore, but out of desperation I gave it a shot, only to find red bar connections. I feel like I'm going downhill fast now :-(

TimeKillr

LOL, so Sirlin is in Montreal for the game summit. Some guy in our local scene was there yesterday, met him, and he might come to our venue tonight to play some games.

I'll have to restrain myself from being bitchy with him it seems :)

TimeKillr said:
LOL, so Sirlin is in Montreal for the game summit. Some guy in our local scene was there yesterday, met him, and he might come to our venue tonight to play some games.

I'll have to restrain myself from being bitchy with him it seems :)

Maybe that's just what Sirlin wants you to think
Wat yomi lvl r u on!?

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Maybe that's just what Sirlin wants you to think
Wat yomi lvl r u on!?

Heh.

Some co-workers of mine actually went to his presentation... Apparently all it was was him showing videos of himself playing some games and bitching at interfaces.

:lol :lol :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
Saw a pretty sweet Viper reset from kensou

Lost fragment, you'll like this one (if you haven't seen it already lol)

FFF xx ex seismo sjc fadc st. fp sjc mk bk

st. fp juggle puts them back into auto stand (no fall down/tech) and the sjc mk bk is a meaty ambiguous crossup. Messed around w/ it in casuals, ppl fell for it 100% on the first time lol. Really nice stun and even more damage, plus the bk placement gives you nice set ups.

I've seen something similar before I think. It's pretty dope.

Sorta like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MvM-5kvR04#t=6m46s

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TimeKillr said:
Heh.

Some co-workers of mine actually went to his presentation... Apparently all it was was him showing videos of himself playing some games and bitching at interfaces.

:lol :lol :lol

You should see Sirlin's forums- lot of the same. Sirlinistas can be really silly sometimes.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DryEyeRelief said:
I've noticed that a lot of the korean matches I see, it's best out of five. Perhaps because of KOF precedents?

Korea wasn't really known for its KOF, not like China. Tekken influence is more likely.

Top Bottom