• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

~Devil Trigger~ said:
you discovered the EX multi hit Lariet . FADC > Ultra ?

If he had his Alpha vertical super as an ultra, this would probably work.

And Kadey, pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about FADC, backdash ultra?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's not something you see everyday with Gief? And I thought backdashing would put him out of range to grab but it wasn't. You learn something new everyday. At least I do. :D

TimeKillr

Kadey said:
It's not something you see everyday with Gief? And I thought backdashing would put him out of range to grab but it wasn't. You learn something new everyday. At least I do. :D

Yeah, Gief's backdash doesn't put him that far, especially since his FA gets him super close to his opponent.

That AND ultra has a super long range.

And yes, Sirlin is gonna be at the venue I play tonight. Should I ask him what his yomi level is?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
DaCocoBrova said:
^^

I hear that. I had some really fun games last night. But since I've started playing Rog exclusively, I absolutely suck w/ the shotos now. Is there anyone that's really good at both charge and shotos that have no problem going back and forth?

i main rog and second ryu..ive discovered that i hold the stick a little differently when playing each character..and yea ryu does suffer when i go through long rog stretches..just throw in ten minutes of training mode or player matches every now and then to keep him shape..ive been picking random characters and messing around with shenanigans more then anything else..keeps me from getting bored or burning out..ive been doing nothing but kara demon nonsense...its a shame its so damn unreliable or rather that my execution isnt up to snuff to pull it off consistently

AZ Greg

Finally got my stick back. I'm gonna grab a bite to eat, but if anyone wants to play in about an hour just send me an inv. if I'm on your list. If not, XBL tag is AZ Greg

Caj814

-COOLIO- said:
watch the bodies hit the floor

watch the bodies hit the. . . .

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

fixed that for ya.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Nemesis121 said:
The PC version is trash.....even when it's all green still not great......I have PC, friend has XBlive, it plays so much smoother there.

I have the completely opposite experience.

If your PC and the other dude's PC are running the game at 60fps, it is much better netcode then either console.

There are issues with the PC version, but if you can work around them (you may have to do config.ini manually for example) it's awesome.

Jason

shiiiiiiit

Anyone ever faced someone named RJWarrior on PSN? Dude just kicked the crap out of me with Abel. I think I went from 80% to 20% life in a matter of seconds. :lol

vg260

arstal said:
I have the completely opposite experience.

If your PC and the other dude's PC are running the game at 60fps, it is much better netcode then either console.

There are issues with the PC version, but if you can work around them (you may have to do config.ini manually for example) it's awesome.

I wasn't aware of any issues with the pc version. What's in the config.ini that you might need to edit?

XenoRaven

Is she cancelling cr. light punch into light SBK over and over? Is that common knowledge? Am I totally ignorant? I know I'm not a Street Fighter expert or anything. But still. >_>

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
XenoRaven said:
Is she cancelling cr. light punch into light SBK over and over? Is that common knowledge? Am I totally ignorant? I know I'm not a Street Fighter expert or anything. But still. >_>

It's a char specific 1 frame infinite- that will get removed in the next version. In terms of infinite difficulty- it's about as hard as Chin's KOF98 infinite.

2&2 said:
I wasn't aware of any issues with the pc version. What's in the config.ini that you might need to edit?

Some graphics cards (and good ones too) crash if you try to change the graphical settings from the menu, but you can in the textfile manually. My laptop I designed around the SFIV arcade specs exactly, except getting more RAM and a better graphics card- so I was surprised to have any issues at all. Game works awesome though (if my controller worked on my PC right now)

XenoRaven

I figured it would be removed for Super. I was just curious. I try to keep somewhat up to speed with what top Chun players are doing, but that was the first time I'd seen something like that from her.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XenoRaven said:
I figured it would be removed for Super. I was just curious. I try to keep somewhat up to speed with what top Chun players are doing, but that was the first time I'd seen something like that from her.

Those combos are useless, I wouldn't try any of them in a real match :lol Chun sucks XD!

Any good prices on the PC SF4 version? How many GAF players play it? I can run the game fine now, but the thing is I am worried I pay full price for it and SSF4 is released in a few month. Decisions decisions...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
~Devil Trigger~ said:
COMBO Vid
Alot of Chun Li(LOL Damage), and Gief, Guile, Sim
Damage scaling really hurts Chun's longer combo options. You're almost always better off keeping it to a few moves prior to a super or ultra. HK Hazanshu > Super and j HP, HP > c HP xx mk SBK > Super both do around 500 damage and some of the more basic ultra setups are in the 450-500 range while not being a waste of revenge meter(IF IT JUGGLES ARGH).

XenoRaven

Relix said:
Those combos are useless, I wouldn't try any of them in a real match :lol Chun sucks XD!

Any good prices on the PC SF4 version? How many GAF players play it? I can run the game fine now, but the thing is I am worried I pay full price for it and SSF4 is released in a few month. Decisions decisions...
I used to think she sucked too. I was starting to believe that the tiers were a huge lie and that Chun-Li should be at the bottom. But after being determined to get good with her after seeing some Nemo tournament craziness I now see why she's tiered the way she is. She just takes some getting used to, and it's so much easier to just pick a character with a hard-hitting, armor-breaking, anti-air who can either throw fireballs or dash across the screen with a special than to pick Chun-Li and struggle to figure out how to do things that come so easily to other characters.

I realize you were probably being sarcastic, but I hear the "Chun-Li sucks" chorus quite a bit.

Threi

notag
Play any of the lower tier chars for a bit and then see how good you got it with chun.

I was going to say Bison but that horse has been beaten to death already

XenoRaven

Oh, I've played a few rounds with Vega, since he was my go to guy in SSFII when I was young. No thanks. I've seen people who are good with him, mind. But still, no thanks.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XenoRaven said:
I used to think she sucked too. I was starting to believe that the tiers were a huge lie and that Chun-Li should be at the bottom. But after being determined to get good with her after seeing some Nemo tournament craziness I now see why she's tiered the way she is. She just takes some getting used to, and it's so much easier to just pick a character with a hard-hitting, armor-breaking, anti-air who can either throw fireballs or dash across the screen with a special than to pick Chun-Li and struggle to figure out how to do things that come so easily to other characters.

I realize you were probably being sarcastic, but I hear the "Chun-Li sucks" chorus quite a bit.

I main Chun Li. I would go so far to consider me Top 5 Chun Li on XBL at least. I know her from toes to to tip of hair. Literally :lol . When I play with her and win I felt like I earned the win, not just took it because I am a higher tier character.

XenoRaven

Relix said:
I main Chun Li. I would go so far to consider me Top 5 Chun Li on XBL at least. I know her from toes to to tip of hair. Literally :lol . When I play with her and win I felt like I earned the win, not just took it because I am a higher tier character.
Don't tell me that. I'll randomly message you on Xbox Live asking for Chun advice. XD

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XenoRaven said:
Don't tell me that. I'll randomly message you on Xbox Live asking for Chun advice. XD

Not a problem.

GT: Lord Relix. My sister usually plays with my account but if you see someone on SF4 or any fighting game that's me.

Just learn Crouching Kicks > EX Legs > Ultra and you would do great. I really suck at explaining stuff thought, but you can probably learn from watching how I play and shit like that. I just noticed I sound like if I was the best Chun player :lol I usually rush too much for my own good, I hate turtling. Unless it's a truly serious match... then I try not make many mistakes.

Fuck this I am organizing the second SF4 XBL tournament. Will make the thread soon.

riskVSreward said:
The damage scaling present in SF4 is so fail. Why are people even exploring this 40+ hit combos when a 4 or 5 hit does considerably more damage?
Obviously these aren't viable in a battle.. its for the sake of making these videos and being flashy.. dur?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
Quite a few have it, and it seems to be a nice meeting ground for people who own different consoles.

Besides, you'll probably have to wait on PC SSF4 anyway.I usually rush too much for my own good, I hate turtling. Unless it's a truly serious match... then I try not make many mistakes.
Man, I've found I always do better when I'm able to set the pace in the match rather than reacting to the other person's advances. Sooner or later they learn not to approach so carelessly and I run into trouble.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
Quite a few have it, and it seems to be a nice meeting ground for people who own different consoles.

Besides, you'll probably have to wait on PC SSF4 anyway.

I don't wanna play you! You.. GOD TIER ABUSER!!! *cries*

If I can get it under $25 I will. I am not a fan of double dipping. I am holding dear to Steam's Black Friday =P

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
I don't wanna play you! You.. GOD TIER ABUSER!!! *cries*
Hey, I played Chun-Li in ST. Not my fault they made her so powerful in 3S. :D

By the way, still not 100% with c MK > SA2, j HK > SA2, or df HK > SA2 on a stick. Gotta work on that more.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
Hey, I played Chun-Li in ST. Not my fault they made her so powerful in 3S. :D

Hey I played her since before she even had Kikoken :lol Didn't main her when I played 3S, I used Makoto which I obviously suck with now.

If I get the game I'll hop on the WFC and yell it to the 7th heaven =P

Hitokage said:
By the way, still not 100% with c MK > SA2, j HK > SA2, or df HK > SA2 on a stick. Gotta work on that more.

For fuck's sake I can't pull out c.Mk to SA2 anymore :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Relix said:

Chun is my nemesis with Honda, I do better vs Sagats, and that's supposedly the worst matchup in the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
arstal said:
Chun is my nemesis with Honda, I do better vs Sagats, and that's supposedly the worst matchup in the game.

Last tourney we had some nice matches though. The thing is Honda is always so open to counters it's stupid. He's my second main but man does it frustrate me. Headbutt... free Ultra!

Top Bottom