• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

So far every random dood I ran into recently with SRK on their name has been very disappointing. I get a streak going then they win once, and then leave. Punks.

GAF>SRK

Dartastic

So uh, unrelated, but I was wondering if anyone is interested in BlazBlue LE 360 for 35 shipped anywhere in the continental USA?:lol

... also if anyone wants to play a few matches on 360 I'm down. :D

Hitokage
holy poop, i didn't know you were a Gaf member! I just thought you were an awesome ken player online and sent you a message complementing you (I don't send hate-mail, just you-are-awesome-mail in SF4). Had to stop playing because the wife got home and wanted to watch Flashforward.

I am finally not using balrog and bison and moving to circle movement characters. I can't believe how much of the game I didn't touch (about 1/2 the roster) and boy do I have a lot to learn. I made it to 1100 bp and g2 just on bison's back but i want to learn another character.

Just to show you how noobish i am, I can now get Ryu's lp srk to ultra on the left 50%, right 30%. Trying to learn sagat's forward fierce to ultra. I can't even get srk out all the time. my hand starts drifting away from my original joystick position. how am i supposed to hold a joystick stick?

XenoRaven

So, based on some of the discussion here I've decided to commit to practicing SFIV (and more specifically, my Chun-Li) on a regular basis. So far I've started by practicing EX FADC's and piano inputs for Legs. I realized that just a bit of practice every day or so is really going to help, even if you're just getting down one simple combo, or part of a combo.

Anyway, I was also trying to finally finish Chun-Li's final hard trial that I gave up on earlier in the year because I suck too bad. I also didn't know how to EX Dash Cancel and I apparently couldn't handle more than a 3 hit combo. Well, I'm starting to get past those hang ups, but I'm still a bit stuck for the time being on the EX FA into Tenshokyaku. Are there any tips for the timing on this? Do I need to DC after the FA hits in order to hit <= MK in time before Dan falls over? Am I holding the FA too long? Too short?

Also, if anyone ever wants to play some SFIV, or for some ridiculous reason wants to devote their valuable time into helping someone who sucks get better, my Gamertag is XenoRaven. I live in the Sacramento area, for those who are concerned about proximity.

XenoRaven said:
So, based on some of the discussion here I've decided to commit to practicing SFIV (and more specifically, my Chun-Li) on a regular basis. So far I've started by practicing EX FADC's and piano inputs for Legs. I realized that just a bit of practice every day or so is really going to help, even if you're just getting down one simple combo, or part of a combo.

Anyway, I was also trying to finally finish Chun-Li's final hard trial that I gave up on earlier in the year because I suck too bad. I also didn't know how to EX Dash Cancel and I apparently couldn't handle more than a 3 hit combo. Well, I'm starting to get past those hang ups, but I'm still a bit stuck for the time being on the EX FA into Tenshokyaku. Are there any tips for the timing on this? Do I need to DC after the FA hits in order to hit <= MK in time before Dan falls over? Am I holding the FA too long? Too short?

Also, if anyone ever wants to play some SFIV, or for some ridiculous reason wants to devote their valuable time into helping someone who sucks get better, my Gamertag is XenoRaven. I live in the Sacramento area, for those who are concerned about proximity.
you have to hold it long enough for it to become a level 2 FA. Too short and you won't have time to do <- mk. If you hold it for too long it'll become a level 3 but you'll lose the combo.
The way I did it was by practicing just ex fireball to level 2 focus. Helps in getting a feel for the timing and you're also gonna wanna practice just tenshyokyaku (is that what its called?) to ultra. If you can get those two things you can get the whole thing in a couple of tries.
Also remember to dash forward after all FAs. Good luck.
Oh yeah. Anyone can challenge me if you ever see me online. My XBL is omnipotento.
I'm pretty scrubby but I try :/. If you ever get tired of playing shotos and you see me online go ahead and send an invite sayin you're from GAF or something.
rarely post but long long time lurker here :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
Not I said the Walrus. I hardly play/grind so whenever I get on, I'm still in G2.

I am the same. I'm at around 6000 GP on 360 and under 4000 GP on PS3. It would probably help if I didn't do so many player matches with friends and stuck with one version, too. I'm in no hurry to get to G1 with people still saying it feels empty, though. But on PS3 it doesn't matter; you can always make a new profile and start all over again. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
I am the same. I'm at around 6000 GP on 360 and under 4000 GP on PS3. It would probably help if I didn't do so many player matches with friends and stuck with one version, too. I'm in no hurry to get to G1 with people still saying it feels empty, though. But on PS3 it doesn't matter; you can always make a new profile and start all over again. :lol

Switching versions meant I had to give up about 17k on XBL, almost to 12k on PSN now.
easy wins help.

Chun uses EX FADC? Honda I don't really have a use for it period. With Rose- the only Rose I've seen ever use it is Saqs, and since my Rose is more like a local Rose (purifyweirdsoul on PSN) I prefer to save for super, though I'll soul spiral/FADC out of trouble in rare situations.

Lyte Edge said:

Eh, I'd like to say I care but I don't about G1. I just like to play. And with people still buying the game, I can semi find matches in championship mode. But unfortunately, I don't have the time to commit to grinding that many points to get to G1 or S.

I'll try to play more now that my college class is almost over and the CCNA class I'm teaching is almost done.

I just double dipped with Super SFIV. I took advantage of that Amazon Buy 2 get $40 Amazon credit, so I used it to pre purchase the PS3 version. And I used a $5 off to preorder the 360. I'm so excited about the game.

I don't even know why I bought Blah Blue and Tekken 6. Not to take anything away from them, but I doubt I've invested more than two hours in both of them combined.

Get Hype.

Cali Regionals. Are any East Coast bubbas going to attend? I want to see North vs. South vs. East (not so much J.Wong and Marn, as they're guaranteed to win most of the time).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Eh, I'd like to say I care but I don't about G1. I just like to play. And with people still buying the game, I can semi find matches in championship mode. But unfortunately, I don't have the time to commit to grinding that many points to get to G1 or S.
\

Cali Regionals. Are any East Coast bubbas going to attend? I want to see North vs. South vs. East (not so much J.Wong and Marn, as they're guaranteed to win most of the time).

The NC group is hitting NEC instead.

Are they going to have a stream for that? And is J Wong or Marn going to represent for the Empire or is it going to be the B Team (Andre, Yipes, Evil Rashaun, etc)?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
XenoRaven said:
The ex FA needs to be level 2, and you must dash cancel the recovery, not the attack itself mind you. Just do the dash input while the actual FA attack is coming out and the recovery will be gone when the hit lands. Then you can b MK, db MK, ub MK, then the ultra as you watch it do 5 damage.

V_Arnold said:
TurtleSnatcher, is it possible that I just played against you?

Thank you, and good games (name: Oldern, opponents is Snatcher22 or something that), and you have to forgive me for being kinda rusty, I have been playing with this new arcade stick (used pad before) for like a week now, and it still does not feel THAT natural...was missing stuff like c.MK->mTK,etc....

Anyway, we should play again, if it was you! :D

Nope MINI Pez is my GT.

Also I'm a god and never lose.

XenoRaven

Hey another dumb Chun-Li question. How does Tenshokyaku into EX SBK work? Whenever I try it the character falls out of attacking range so the SBK completely whiffs. Is it character specific, or am I just stupid?

CPS2

XenoRaven said:
Tenshokyaku

Plz start calling this "up kicks." Nobody calls it Tenshokyaku =P

As for your question, seen it done but IJDK. It's easy to do in the corner. Also, personally I try to avoid this move as much as possible while midscreen. You do more damage with cr.HP>medium SBK, or HK>EX legs, or FA into either, or a combo into HP then super or medium SBK then super. Those are better options imo.

XenoRaven

Yeah, didn't know if there was a commonly accepted short version of Tenshokyaku, so I figured I'd just keep calling it that until I saw it referred to as something else.

Honestly, I rarely get an opportunity to actually use the move, I'm just curious for those few times it happens. Also, yeah it's easy to do in the corner, but then the EX SBK sends the opponent flying the opposite direction and you can't link it into the Ultra.

TofuEater

Got one person rage messaging me tonight. Saying I play too much and saying I don't have a life. :lol

I can't seem to do Balrog's cr.lp x2, cr.lk headbutt -> ultra, the headbutt comes out occasionally or not at all. I might be inputting the headbutt too fast. Any pointers from Balrog players?

I know how to buffer the headbutt charge into ultra so that bit is easy, just the headbutt never seems to come out.

"I can't seem to do Balrog's cr.lp x2, cr.lk headbutt -> ultra, the headbutt comes out occasionally or not at all. I might be inputting the headbutt too fast. Any pointers from Balrog players?"

Sounds like you're pressing cr.lk too early. If it's not a link, you'll just get jump back fierce.

TofuEater said:
Got one person rage messaging me tonight. Saying I play too much and saying I don't have a life. :lol

I can't seem to do Balrog's cr.lp x2, cr.lk headbutt -> ultra, the headbutt comes out occasionally or not at all. I might be inputting the headbutt too fast. Any pointers from Balrog players?

I know how to buffer the headbutt charge into ultra so that bit is easy, just the headbutt never seems to come out.

What tek said... basically what I do is do the cr.lp x2 wait like 1/4 of a second then hit cr.lk xx headbutt. Make sure and you give a slight delay between the cr.lp and the cr.lk otherwise it's not gonna come out at all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
UC1 said:
Plz start calling this "up kicks." Nobody calls it Tenshokyaku =P
Pfft, don't listen to this man. "Up kicks" is even more lame than "legs". Personally, I'd go for "mk string" or perhaps "tensho" if you needed something shorter.

As for your question, seen it done but IJDK. It's easy to do in the corner. Also, personally I try to avoid this move as much as possible while midscreen. You do more damage with cr.HP>medium SBK, or HK>EX legs, or FA into either, or a combo into HP then super or medium SBK then super. Those are better options imo.
Tenshoukyaku is fun to pull out when your opponent is using FAs to counter your poking game.

XenoRaven said:
Also, yeah it's easy to do in the corner, but then the EX SBK sends the opponent flying the opposite direction and you can't link it into the Ultra.
If you do it a touch further away from the wall you can probably do it, but as cool as it looks you're probably better off doing other ultra setups.

Is tenshoukyaku the back + mk, mk, down up mk move?

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever seen that in a match before :lol :lol

If someone did that to me, I'd probably just shit myself in surprise lol. And then lose :(

qcf x2

So I randomly decided to play Championship Mode for the second time since I hit G1 which was, like, May...I guess most of the good people already/finally graduated to GS? The first time I used Viper (main), lost one round the entire tournament. Second time, I used Cammy who I guess is around #8 or 9 for me as far as usage, and I didn't lose until the Final which surprisingly had heavy lag (I say surprisingly because the guy had 4 bars). Think I'm gonna use Dan today. Even though I'm a two trick pony with Mr Seagal.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
Is tenshoukyaku the back + mk, mk, down up mk move?

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever seen that in a match before :lol :lol

If someone did that to me, I'd probably just shit myself in surprise lol. And then lose :(

It's pretty easy to land off a jump-in, and is another ultra setup in the corner. Can also EX SBK after it as well.

I first picked Chun in SF4 after seeing Wong abuse that in a vid, then realized I was better with other chars.

Hey Haunts/MarkMan, can you guys consider using justin tv? I mean they do have higher res streaming.

EDIT: erm.. $10.00/m plus tax for a pro account? that isn't so bad considering you guys upkeep a website for alot more, but hey it's all about choice.

MarkMan said:
Hey, make sure you guys tune into the NCR stream later today via haunts/iplaywinner!

Here's a link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

(Can someone make a thread when it's live?)

Done. I made a thread, so we can discuss this monumental event.

I just watched the Frame-Advantage tournament from last week and, wow, Long Island Joe really impressed me. He came back from losers and beat Damdai in two straight sets. I'd probably say he's the best Sagat in the States (Floe is the next great Sagat that comes to mind, along with that one cat from NC and Haunts).

They said in the commentary that Mago is coming to a tournament next year.

qcf x2

It's official- people hate my dash game with Rose. Oh well. I'm not gonna attempt too many tiny frame links that are just gonna get SRK'd online. Especially when there are so many options for most characters to gain ground and beat the crap out of Rose. :lol

Hate mail, bring it on!

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Anyone feel like playing me on X-Box live? gamertag is FacelessSamurai (yes, in one word). E.Honda player here, not too good, just getting drunk and wanna have some fun. Just add me and invite me for some fun fights! :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I was informed by random G1 dude tonight that online Street Fighter is SERIOUS shit.

I seem to get more "GG"s and people complimenting me these days though.

evildede said:
it seems like someone tried to invite me to a fight. Wanna invite me again plz? :)

Was me. I'm pretty plastered too so I figured drunk-on-drunk SF4 would be fun. Have the computer monitor hooked up to my 360 though so I didn't see that you wanted a reinvite and figured you were playing with someone else or somethin'.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
yeah I just stopped playing. Stream restarted and I am going to sleep soon anyway! You should add me as a friend anyway so we can play later on!

MIMIC

Banned
I went 6-22 against a decent Akuma. The only character I could beat him with was Fuerte. My Guile and Blanka aren't good enough, apparently. :( I did get really close with Guile a few times, but no cigar.

Every time I was open, he punished the SHIT out of me with those crazy, typical combos that competent Akuma's do. I'm just now getting the hang of doing a reaction RSF instead of a throw...so it was kinda good that I learned to do it on reaction in a bad match-up.

I kinda caught on to his tactics pretty late and managed to perfect him one round (and he perfect'd me about 6 or 7 times, lol).

Top Bottom