• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

qcf x2

AZ Greg said:
Sorta releated to tier lists, but does anyone have friends who get frustrated when they start losing at any multiplayer game and start picking the worst character, team, gun, etc... so they can have a built in excuse when they lose? I have a buddy I'll play SF4 with and after a few loses he'll start picking Dan so he can downplay my wins. I'll just flip it on him though and tell him there are people out there who could destroy me with Dan, but that's because they're good. Naturally, some rage ensues. :lol

I get this quite often. Unfortunately for them, I'm not one to play that shit. So I pick a normal and spam it until Dan dies. Sakura, for instance, she can standing hard kick or cr FP everything he does. Almost without fail the Dan user will retreat and taunt out of frustration before quitting. Not that I blame them, but hey, they picked him.

Timedog said:
does no one play on PC anymore? I like playing on PC more and I haven't touched the xbox version in weeks/months.

I gave up on PC.......seen too many people who can't even do a fireball pull of complicated Marco combos, you can program some cheap stuff with Marcos.........last night i deleted it off my steam, if i play SF4 it will be on 360 or PS3.

MIMIC

Banned
AZ Greg said:
Sorta releated to tier lists, but does anyone have friends who get frustrated when they start losing at any multiplayer game and start picking the worst character, team, gun, etc... so they can have a built in excuse when they lose? I have a buddy I'll play SF4 with and after a few loses he'll start picking Dan so he can downplay my wins. I'll just flip it on him though and tell him there are people out there who could destroy me with Dan, but that's because they're good. Naturally, some rage ensues. :lol

I saw this on George Lopez. Something about a "self-fulling prophecy". :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Leunam: ggs. You let more than a couple rounds go because you caught me in a c HP but didn't follow it up with an ultra. Furthermore, you were a tad overaggressive but you compensated somewhat by getting better at anti-air and not letting me abuse the same setups as much.

Oh, and I had no idea that backdashing out of Abel's ultra would actually work there. :lol

Leunam

Hitokage said:
Leunam: ggs. You let more than a couple rounds go because you caught me in a c HP but didn't follow it up with an ultra. Furthermore, you were a tad overaggressive but you compensated somewhat by getting better at anti-air and not letting me abuse the same setups as much.

Oh, and I had no idea that backdashing out of Abel's ultra would actually work there. :lol

GG. My nature is to attack, attack, attack, but I've slowly been getting better at it in the match ups I'm more accustomed too. And not following up with Ultra was purely because of my bad reaction time.

ArjanN

Nemesis121 said:
I gave up on PC.......seen too many people who can't even do a fireball pull of complicated Marco combos, you can program some cheap stuff with Marcos.........last night i deleted it off my steam, if i play SF4 it will be on 360 or PS3.

Polo...

I haven't seen anyone use macros, at least that I'm aware of. I doubt they'd really help much anyway except for people who can't do combos themselves.

Timedog said:
does no one play on PC anymore? I like playing on PC more and I haven't touched the xbox version in weeks/months.

I play on PC.

GFWL = arjan666

K.Sabot

Well, got back on to Xbox live and have now come to the conclusion that everyone that plays fighting games (on Live) is a dick.

It's either mic spamming obscenities or disconnecting because you picked a character they don't like (It was Cammy in this case). People in player matches disconnecting after one game even though it was close. Countless "The Host Has Removed you from the Session" with good connection players in Championship mode of all places.

Xbox live has become the new asshole of the internet.

K.Sabot said:
Well, got back on to Xbox live and have now come to the conclusion that everyone that plays fighting games (on Live) is a dick.

It's either mic spamming obscenities or disconnecting because you picked a character they don't like (It was Cammy in this case). People in player matches disconnecting after one game even though it was close. Countless "The Host Has Removed you from the Session" with good connection players in Championship mode of all places.

Xbox live has become the new asshole of the internet.
Truth. I got hatemail for blocking too much once. That guy sure showed me! Never realized I was playing SF4 wrong this whole time :(
Real men don't block that shit's for pussies.

Lately I've only been playing player matches though and it's a much more relaxed experience than champ mode IMO. I also don't play with a mic so that also helps.

Also I'm nice to everyone on Live
even sagat players
. Feel free to add me: omnipotento
warning: i'm pretty noob

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
spent almost 15 minutes in G1 waiting for a finals match a few days ago...i have to admit impatience is getting the best of me with this game..i find myself playing player matches using sakura more then anything else

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Diego Umejuarez said:
Furthermore, I knew that Justin himself would not be able to play at his best using his non-usual character he picked only because he felt that it would be my Achilles’ heel. As I foresaw, when I started adjust myself to his Fei Long’s move, his unfamiliarity and lack of proficiency of the new character started to surface. And the latter half of the match became so much easier for me, and I was able to win!
Thats exactly what happened, he beasted Fei Wong.

The Beast said:
He didn’t use a home console character during the match, but he came up to me after the exhibition match and did tell me in person that he would use one against me if we meet though he chose not to then since he thought it was not fair. So I was able to mentally prepare for that. I was also able to physically prepare on site that day afterwards though it was just a bit. After the grand final next day, Justin came to me and apologized for using the console character.
Thats a nice gesture.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gr1mLock said:
spent almost 15 minutes in G1 waiting for a finals match a few days ago...i have to admit impatience is getting the best of me with this game..i find myself playing player matches using sakura more then anything else

Are you guys that are waiting for long periods just creating matches? Turn on the fight request option and play arcade mode instead...it always works for me and usually I get matches very quickly. Although I'm not in G1 yet, either...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lyte Edge said:
Are you guys that are waiting for long periods just creating matches? Turn on the fight request option and play arcade mode instead...it always works for me and usually I get matches very quickly. Although I'm not in G1 yet, either...
this

people need to do this more

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'd use fight request if I could filter out bad connections, but like every time I use it I get a bunch of 1 and 2 bar connections nonstop and I don't usually play that shit.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
ggs the other day Hitokage...I still can't figure out what was up with that ryu match :lol

i played another gaffer too, in front of his relative apparantly...ggs there too!

Cowie

Sigh, my second red ring in the Era of Street Fighter IV. Thank god I've got the PC version as well now.

and because everyone seems to be posting them, CowieX on GFWL. Won't have to worry about me being on my xbox and not pc if you see me on anytime in the near future T_T

MIMIC

Banned
Me and some guy online played random characters against each other a few nights ago after about 20 matches. In our first random selection, I got Fuerte :lol (and yes, I perfect'd him :D)

I got Rufus way too many times, though. The only thing I could do effectively was abuse that Falcon kick. :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If the PS3 TE play fine on Windows 7, I'll be back on the PC version some starting either tomorrow or Thursday.

I really hate fighting Blanka in heavy lag- it's just no fun.

As for Dan, I really wish he still had his A2 throw into super gadoken combo. I miss that.

TimeKillr

BTW guys, I just added a bunch of new videos to my youtube channel, if you wanna check em out, from a big tourney we ran last saturday (and from previous ranbats).

The tourney is still missing the top 8 (we did big commentary on it) and but you can still see a bunch of nice matches on there. Top 8 was awesome, and we have absolutely INSANE matches in it. I need to do more editing on them but I'm sure you guys will love em. :)

We're also running another tournament in January, if anybody fancies a trip to Montreal. Last saturday's tournament was 62 people and entry was 10$, so top winner got over 400$.

LowParry

Is there any good Ken vids out there? Yeah I know. I just want to be at least above decent with him since I'm just picking the game back up.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
@timekillr - sounds like you guys got a healthy scene up there

Oh yeah and it's getting healthier.

One of our top players, Chi-Rithy, apparently was told by a bunch of people that he could beat Justin in 3s. Justin saw him play a lot and kept saying he'd beat him.

Needless to say, that dude is winning ALL our tournaments (with Chun in SF4 to boot!)

Top Bottom