• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Was this little "gem" ever posted in this thread?

Quite possibly the worst tournament final ever, from some shitty con made by the guy who does that awful ctrl alt del comic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYivT43WoE

The guy's comments (also in the video) make it even better.

I'm Ryu. This big guy was Sagat. The only other guy there that really knew what he was doing.

VIDEO RECORDED and COMMENTARY BY "Wiggimus" (yes that is a youtube name)

Anyone want to fight the champ my x-box live ID is as follows (WOWYOUSERIOUS) it may not be me, my Brother does use it as well .

I only had the game for a week before the Tournament

I walk my own path, Regardless of what diraction other men take. MEANING i will fighting the way i want so FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY I FIGHT AND FUCK THE PROS! ALL AND I MEAN ALL WILL FALL AT MY FEET! oh and if you closely you can see the game start up again i didn't even get off the stage and was fighting the guy running the tournament "Boss fight"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think I played like that since like the 90s.

Once I get my Live up again, I'll get a match with him and capture it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CcrooK said:
Lyte....the hell was that? :lol

Move over, Daigo! Move over, Justin Wong! WOWYOUSERIOUS is taking over!

(And if he loses, that was his brother playing.)

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
CcrooK said:
Is there any good Ken vids out there? Yeah I know. I just want to be at least above decent with him since I'm just picking the game back up.
i think we got on of the main srk kens on gaf now. maximillian masters is his srk tag, cant remember the gaf equivalent.

man, I think I visit this thread more than I play SF4. Whenever I get home from work, I end up playing my backlog/do art rather than practicing or confirming how much I suck at SF4 online.

Love the combo videos on SF4. Its funny how I enjoy watching SF4 more than most other games. Anyone else feel the same way?

Lyte Edge said:
Was this little "gem" ever posted in this thread?

Quite possibly the worst tournament final ever, from some shitty con made by the guy who does that awful ctrl alt del comic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYivT43WoE

The guy's comments (also in the video) make it even better.

That was terrible for both players. Nobody knew what they doing. Even with my scrubby skills, I think I could have taken that guy. His stupid hopping tactics should have been easily stuffed with a Tiger Shot bated into a Tiger Knee and an Ultra. I don't think these guys even knew how to cancel into a combo, let alone FADC.

XenoRaven

MiniBossBattle said:
man, I think I visit this thread more than I play SF4. Whenever I get home from work, I end up playing my backlog/do art rather than practicing or confirming how much I suck at SF4 online.

Love the combo videos on SF4. Its funny how I enjoy watching SF4 more than most other games. Anyone else feel the same way?
I spend my whole day at work poking around in this thread...lurking. >_>

qcf x2

That video was great, looks like when I let my roommate use my account.

And, ...

I've lost to people as bad as that Ryu. The lack of restraint, the randomness, the effectiveness of SRK's, arggghh this is where I miss parries lol.

LowParry

LeMaximilian said:
Haven't been playing much recently, but here's some Ken stuff back when I was playing quite frequently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQMZY5JekEQ

I'm actually getting pretty close to that kind of play. Minus that ariel Ultra (no way in hell I'm that advanced yet) but the combo strings I'm starting to get a hang of. Now. Viper players kick the shit out of me with her flame cross ups. I really do miss this game. And it's funny that I get comments about my Ken (keep practicing, you'll get better!) and I'll respond (cause I'm so S ranked). :D

XBL Tag: DrChen

Friend borrowed my HDD because I've been abstaining from games for a while. He'll be using my XBL account and has a decent Ryu and Sakura. Feel free to throw down, he'll be on around 8-9PM PST for you West Coasters and often plays in the evenings.

AZ Greg, Chickeny, Moeazy and other Gaffers that I've played before, hope you guys can show my friend a good whuppin haha :lol

Other Gaffers feel free to add me, by Christmas, hopefully I'll be playing games again when things settle down life wise.

AZ Greg said:
Sorta releated to tier lists, but does anyone have friends who get frustrated when they start losing at any multiplayer game and start picking the worst character, team, gun, etc... so they can have a built in excuse when they lose? I have a buddy I'll play SF4 with and after a few loses he'll start picking Dan so he can downplay my wins. I'll just flip it on him though and tell him there are people out there who could destroy me with Dan, but that's because they're good. Naturally, some rage ensues. :lol

http://www.pixelpoppers.com/2009/11/awesome-by-proxy-addicted-to-fake.html

I read this great article fairly recently and it's basically how you perceive the challenge.

Either it's an opportunity to perform (Demonstrating how good you are)

Or an opportunity to master (improving skill or knowledge)

If you perceive it as an opportunity to perform, but then you LOSE, the opportunity to "show off" has been lost and drastically reduces this person's interest (and results in behavior that makes it okay to lose) Where as someone who wants to master will persevere and keep trying.

I thought the way the author broke it down was really interesting and it's definitely relevant to the way people approach Street Fighter/Any competitive games in general.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fersis said:
Youtube comment:

That was mean :lol

I'm not on hating on them though. Casual people and stuff need to have their fun too. The part that really cracked me up was the cheering at the end. It was like the ghetto version of EVO2k4.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Championship mode is now officially "level up alts" mode for me. I have like 60k GP and once I get to SG it'll probably force me into retiring from championship mode so might as well take advantage while I'm still in G1.

I've been playing Chun Li a lot lately. Damn, she has such a different style of play than what I'm used to.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i'm down for 360/ps3/or pc matches - i'm on east coast.

i'm terrible with all characters now since i started shopping around for a new main so I pretty much need to relearn how to play. Farms I want to play you again those were pretty good connection matches and i bet you're godly w/ a stick.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Got my PS3 TE stick in, but somehow RH maps to start on PC. Going to have to work on that at some point.

I can now try to get on GGPO again at some point. The problem is adapting from pad to stick in KOF is very very hard.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
arstal said:
Got my PS3 TE stick in, but somehow RH maps to start on PC. Going to have to work on that at some point.

I can now try to get on GGPO again at some point. The problem is adapting from pad to stick in KOF is very very hard.
hey man i think i added you on psn yesterday; you in NC right? is your psn id arstal?

Lost Fragment said:
Championship mode is now officially "level up alts" mode for me. I have like 60k GP and once I get to SG it'll probably force me into retiring from championship mode so might as well take advantage while I'm still in G1.

I've been playing Chun Li a lot lately. Damn, she has such a different style of play than what I'm used to.

ur cammy was very good man!

My cammy needs major leveling up :-(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Grifter said:
found a vid of me getting whooped in a tourney (semi finals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peDNjWgaQzI

kinda stung cuz i had 'trained' other balrog friends to stop doing a lot of what this guy did and was unprepared for it in the moment but the tourney fun made me want to refocus on sf4
Aw, too bad you messed up those demons with the accidental low kicks. My friend who mains Gouki accidentally hits me while he inputs the raging demon command many times so I get to escape.

I ordered XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus for PS3 so I can use my Xbox 360 controller with FPS games. Now I was wondering if this would work also for my MadCatz SE Stick. If so, I'll probably doubledip and buy SF4 for PS3 also.

Any experiences using XCM? I'll find soon enough, but it would be nice to know and avoid a possible disappointment ;D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Okay I practiced the last day or two after not playing for a long time so now I think I'm back up to the level of Best On GAF.

AZ Greg

Anyone want some matches on XBL?

Just send me an invite. Tag is the same as my username here. If I don't accept right away, I'm probably in a championship match and will join as soon as I finish that match.

Top Bottom