• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lovely stuff as always Maj.

So I decided to play with a stick again and realized how much I work I still need to put in. Problem is I don't have time for it. I wished I started playing with a stick years ago. Using a pad and a stick is night and day and whenever I switch back and forth it's like heaven and hell.

Kadey said:
Lovely stuff as always Maj.

So I decided to play with a stick again and realized how much I work I still need to put in. Problem is I don't have time for it. I wished I started playing with a stick years ago. Using a pad and a stick is night and day and whenever I switch back and forth it's like heaven and hell.

I feel the same way. I remember buying one of those Tekken 5 Special Editions with the Hori Cheap RAP knock-off. I was like, ugh, this joystick sucks. I remember playing with a similar stick back in 1992, and it felt difficult to wield.

But I'd agree with Daigo. American Sticks lack precision. As a weapon, they're like bats or machettes :)

But the Japanese Sanwa are like surgeon scalpels.

And Maj, that video was crazy. You're definitely showing character possibilities with these videos.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Thanks everyone. This shit is really burning me out but i gotta admit i'm enjoying the game more than i thought i would.

I'm sure you guys know, when you're trying to find combos (especially complicated ones), the first ten ideas don't work. Sometimes the eleventh is a compromise just to get something recorded. But other times, those ten failures lead you to a totally unexpected eleventh and it's really cool and motivating and rejuvenating.

So even though this is exhausting, so far i've been lucky that most of the elevenths have been the cool kind.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
switching sticks can also cause an adjustment. I switched from my ragged custom to a TE stick last night- and it has been an adjustment. Not a huge one, but trying to get used to the smaller stick takes some work.

qcf x2

How much stun does that TAP do? I'd be extra heated if I got hit by one of those in a match, lol. Imagine that on Viper, or Seth.

I was kinda surprised by how hard it was to find player matches last night. I had to settle for a Balrog who kept dash punching into my focus attack.

qcf x2 said:
I was kinda surprised by how hard it was to find player matches last night. I had to settle for a Balrog who kept dash punching into my focus attack.

I had the same experience last night. I just ended up hitting training mode all night, and finally played/finished Modern Warfare 2, meh.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
BitchTits said:
Wow. As a Dhalsim player I'd like to say I'll try some of these, but there's no way in hell I ever could. :lol
That one combo against Cammy is totally reasonable. The other thing you should do is tap s.LK after anti-air LP super and whenever you do Yoga Flame xx LP super. That move hits on the fourth frame and it's stretchy so it should work anywhere against anyone. Free damage, right?

qcf x2 said:
How much stun does that TAP do? I'd be extra heated if I got hit by one of those in a match, lol. Imagine that on Viper, or Seth.
They actually have all that info listed here, for every single TAP stage: http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Balrog_(SFIV)

The stun's not that crazy but let's just say i wouldn't be trying to kill Seth if i was making a Balrog video.

Ive been noticing a lot of players playing Chun and being pretty proficent with her.
I always found charge chars so hard on a pad.. and it has pretty much pushed me away from every using a charge char on a pad.

Now I suddenly have interest and will play around with her tonight. DAMN YOU ALL!

XenoRaven

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ive been noticing a lot of players playing Chun and being pretty proficent with her.
I always found charge chars so hard on a pad.. and it has pretty much pushed me away from every using a charge char on a pad.

Now I suddenly have interest and will play around with her tonight. DAMN YOU ALL!
One dude in that tournament that was streaming last night played Chun-Li on a pad. Shizza, I believe was his name. Got destroyed by Tatsu's Vega, but kicked Ume Shoryu's ass, who was using Ryu.

By the way, what is up with people calling Ryu "Roo"? Is this new, or has it been around for a long time? Either way, it's stupid and people should stop.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Fucking hell Rocky...

...I suck so hard at this game :lol

Your Boxer is fucking beastly. Lemme outta the corner once in a while, huh? :lol

XenoRaven said:
One dude in that tournament that was streaming last night played Chun-Li on a pad. Shizza, I believe was his name. Got destroyed by Tatsu's Vega, but kicked Ume Shoryu's ass, who was using Ryu.

By the way, what is up with people calling Ryu "Roo"? Is this new, or has it been around for a long time? Either way, it's stupid and people should stop.

Thank Seth Killian for that....watch some Evo2k9 vids when he is commentating a mtach with Roo in it and hear him say it over and over and over again.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that was the first time I heard his name proounced as Roo.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
XenoRaven said:

It's "Roo" because that's how it's properly pronounced, unlike you ignorant gaijin who keep calling it RYE-YOU.

XenoRaven

Oichi said:
It's "Roo" because that's how it's properly pronounced, unlike you ignorant gaijin who keep calling it RYE-YOU.
Actually that would be REE-OO. I don't remember the last time I heard Ryu, Ken, or Akuma say "Sho-ROO-ken!"

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
XenoRaven said:
Actually that would be REE-OO. I don't remember the last time I heard Ryu, Ken, or Akuma say "Sho-ROO-ken!"

If I were to spell it out phonetically either ree-oo or roo works for me. But I do know that Seth used to pronounce Ryu as Rye-you long before he worked at Capcom.

McBradders said:
Fucking hell Rocky...

Your Boxer is fucking beastly. Lemme outta the corner once in a while, huh? :lol

But corner raping is my specialty :D

Good games. The match with Blanka was awesome. I guess you didn't remember how to block Blanka's ultra? :lol

McBradders said:
Fucking hell Rocky...

His username is Rocky_Balboa
his avatar is Sylvester Stallone
Of course he's an incredible Boxer! :lol

LowParry

TurtleSnatcher said:
Tonight I begin my crusade with Charge Chars on a pad!

That'll make your thumb raw for weeks. I don't know how people do it. On a side note, I've picked up on Vega to help content with Boxer players. Pull out random shit for wins. lol

I've been playing 3rd Strike a lot lately to prepare for the inevitable Makoto reveal and it has ruined mah Cammy skills.
Guess I gotta stick with Honda for the time being, XBL randoms are a pain though, SO MANY SAGATS :lol

NinajHeartless said:
I've been playing 3rd Strike a lot lately to prepare for the inevitable Makoto reveal and it has ruined mah Cammy skills.
Guess I gotta stick with Honda for the time being, XBL randoms are a pain though, SO MANY SAGATS :lol

...and Roo's that are very SRK happy.

Every 3 seconds I hear shoryuken, shoryuken, shoryuken...

MiniBossBattle said:
And tonight I begin my campaign with shoto characters on my new TE stick. :lol
I picked up Ryu about 2 weeks ago and I think I'm about in the 75 pct tile of players out there with efficency with Ryu.. hes pretty ez.

Ive also honed on my FADC Ultras like no other haha.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
NinajHeartless said:

I beat about 80% of the Sagats I face with Honda. Good Sagats who know how to kara will destroy Honda almost for free. the average XBL scrub Sagat is pretty easy- just calmly advance towards them, and use mixup to drive them nutty if you score a knockdown. Their jumping strong is the biggest threat they have against you.

arstal said:
I beat about 80% of the Sagats I face with Honda. Good Sagats who know how to kara will destroy Honda almost for free. the average XBL scrub Sagat is pretty easy- just calmly advance towards them, and use mixup to drive them nutty if you score a knockdown. Their jumping strong is the biggest threat they have against you.

I too beat about 80% of the scrubby XBL Sagats, they are just very annoying to fight. Basically they do 1 of 2 things:
1) TIGER TIGER TIGER! And if I get close they try to run away.
2) They are morons and they rush me and spam TU and TN.

They aren't necessarily hard to fight as they are annoying and boring I guess. I'm just askin' for a little variety :D

My 30 year old best friend calls him Roo. I never asked why. It's just an old school thing. Like mas sticks. Oldschool, son.

I call him Ree-you.

Basically it's like this. If you grew up in arcades, it's Roo or Re you. If you grew up at home on SNES or Genesis, you called him "Rie-You". I got a buddy in Pittsburgh who still calls him Rye-you, and the dudes like 21. Everyone gives him shit for it.

Oh and if you're uber nerdy, you call Yun "YOOOOON". God I fuckin hate that. Sorry it's Yun. Yuhhhn son.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I just realized tonight that every single character I'm in any way proficient with is low health. Thinking about picking up Honda or something.

imtehman said:
anyone know how to EX seismo to dash?

You just super jump cancel the ex seismo recovery and right when the sj is supposed to come out, you cancel it with a focus attack and dash forward/backward. Takes practice to be able to do it while being sure that you're not gonna accidentally waste 2 meters and do a straight fadc, but it's not that hard once you get used to it.

You're probably already aware, but you can do a meterless fadc with any of her normals that can be super jump canceled too. Sometimes during block string mixups I like to throw in a c.mp or c.mk -> sjc fadc into a mixup to keep people on their toes.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lost Fragment said:
I just realized tonight that every single character I'm in any way proficient with is low health. Thinking about picking up Honda or something.

You just super jump cancel the ex seismo recovery and right when the sj is supposed to come out, you cancel it with a focus attack and dash forward/backward. Takes practice to be able to do it while being sure that you're not gonna accidentally waste 2 meters and do a straight fadc, but it's not that hard once you get used to it.

You're probably already aware, but you can do a meterless fadc with any of her normals that can be super jump canceled too. Sometimes during block string mixups I like to throw in a c.mp or c.mk -> sjc fadc into a mixup to keep people on their toes.
lord. is this possible on the d pad?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Rocky_Balboa said:
But corner raping is my specialty :D

Good games. The match with Blanka was awesome. I guess you didn't remember how to block Blanka's ultra? :lol

Offline I can do that with my eyes closed, online for whatever reason I freak out and scream like a girl :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oichi said:
Closer or not, one doesn't sound like he hangs out with Pooh bear. That's all that matters!

If its anything it's between the two. the "y" sound in his name is said so fast that Roo almost sounds correct, but saying Ryu is also correct if it makes you sound a little slow.

Top Bottom