• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dr.Hadji

Is there a reason why sometimes when I double tap left on say a Gief belly flop cross up that my character dashes to the right?

Grifter

Kadey said:
Go to Jim's! Actually try all three major ones (Genos, Jims and Pats) and tell me how you like them.

That's a tall order for 1 night. My friends' car got there first and said to avoid Geno's cuz they're racist (because of that famous sign). :lol I ended up with Pat's and it was great but my tastebuds were half-frozen cuz the tables are outside.

NY-area tourneys tend to end up getting run all shady. Multiple guys working separate tourney brackets for SF4, all on paper. People not getting called, then asking and finding out that they were out and their bracketed opponent advanced mysteriously.

(Some) NY players also have the ghetto mentality of hoarding their tricks, waiting for the other player to pick a character to counter-pick and show minimal tactics for early wins, and not even acknowledging their tourney opps. I beat some dude (RaShawn?) and he wouldn't even look at me or shake my hand after.

Threi

notag
CcrooK said:
I rolled with Boxer when the game came out. :lol I could go back to Dictator. And I play more of a footies game with shotos.
Dictator is a worse Balrog, but if you can get the wins definitely use him. :D

LowParry

Threi said:
Dictator is a worse Balrog, but if you can get the wins definitely use him. :D

With the recent matches I've been watching on streams, I don't really see that many Dictators. Hrm. Only small problem I have with Akuma is executing his Ultra when I need to. I guess I got some playing around to do before I settle on a main.

Threi

notag
CcrooK said:
With the recent matches I've been watching on streams, I don't really see that many Dictators. Hrm. Only small problem I have with Akuma is executing his Ultra when I need to. I guess I got some playing around to do before I settle on a main.
Yeah on streams I always see the same thing, Dictator players starting off really strong with good (gimmicky) offence, the other player getting in some good counter pokes/punishes, and then the Dictator player helpless to turn the match back in his favor. I guess that's why he doesn't win tourneys, when it gets to the very end of matches there just isn't much he can do.

Dizzy-4U

2&2 said:
What pad was he using?
I think he was using a ps2 controller. But they were playing on xbox, so he might have used some sort of adapter.

The thing about pad players is not about the execution limitations. Pad players usually don't have much arcade experience and to think that one of them can give a good fight against the "elite" is amazing. That's probably why Gootecks was so salty about him. He's been playing on arcades for a long time and a kid who probably only play on xbox live got away with murder.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Spiderjericho said:
And Gootecks was rolling his eyes at Shizza using the pad. Probably why he got bodied, as he underestimated him.

Gootecks said early on in the tournament (2 hours before he faced Shizza) that he had the opportunity recently to watch Shizza play and respected his pad game. I don't know why people are giving him crap about being salty. You SHOULD be mad when you lose. Reference Valle's "Losing is for ******" speech. (censored because I'd probably be banned)

qcf x2

SnowWolf said:
I don't know why people are giving him crap about being salty. You SHOULD be mad when you lose. Reference Valle's "Losing is for ******" speech. (censored because I'd probably be banned)

Because he was bitching and moaning the entire next match instead of commentating? He acted like a little girl. There's losing with class and there's losing and being a whiny bitch. He's lost with class before, but he def didn't that time.

Grifter

Catching up from the weekend, what's this Valle speech?

I saw some ridiculous combos I'd never thought were possible from 360(!) pad players at NEC.

VerTiGo

Banned
Are we getting Street Fighter II's soundtrack this time? IV's was shit. All are shit in comparison. I won't move off HD Remix or Third Strike until this happens, hah.

qcf x2 said:
Because he was bitching and moaning the entire next match instead of commentating? He acted like a little girl. There's losing with class and there's losing and being a whiny bitch. He's lost with class before, but he def didn't that time.

This.

profit

VerTiGo said:
Are we getting Street Fighter II's soundtrack this time? IV's was shit. All are shit in comparison. I won't move off HD Remix or Third Strike until this happens, hah.
I think you will be stuck there for a loooong time then :D

2&2 said:
What pad was he using?

Dizzy-4U said:
I think he was using a ps2 controller. But they were playing on xbox, so he might have used some sort of adapter.

The thing about pad players is not about the execution limitations. Pad players usually don't have much arcade experience and to think that one of them can give a good fight against the "elite" is amazing. That's probably why Gootecks was so salty about him. He's been playing on arcades for a long time and a kid who probably only play on xbox live got away with murder.

No. He uses a Madcatz Fightpad. Blanka one to be specific.

The fact that Gootecks was mad at him doing random ultras baffles me.. It just makes it an ez end for Gootecks in all of those rounds. To not have seen that coming from him right at the end after he did it almost every other round is a stupid move by Gootecks. And smart by Shiz. I mean even a random ultra that Gootecks blocked would have killed him due to his life being in pixels. If Gootecks was so good he shouldn't have allowed him to get his life that low.. I mean its just a pad player lolz :\

Timedog said:
now maybe find has enough money to get a decent PC so he can't quit ducking me.

He rapes me.. I've destroyed you.. I doubt you will win :p

VerTiGo said:

VerTiGo said:
No problem. I'm not a big fan of IV.

You weren't even going to move so what was the point of that question. Retard posts retarded post.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
He rapes me.. I've destroyed you.. I doubt you will win :p

:lol When did you destroy me when I was playing Ryu?

I play with Ryu 90% of the time, I don't even know most of the other characters moves.

Last time we played, with me picking Ryu, you beat me by 1 game. 3-4. You beat me 100% of the time I picked other characters.

The only other time we've played I beat you 6-4 with me picking Ryu and you picking either Vega, Elf, or Gen. I didn't think Vega was one of your main's, but I'm counting that match anyway since you won it. If we're talking main's then I beat you 6-3.

In any case, I will easily destroy FMF without hesitation if and when he stops ducking me.

Real Talk: Find is probably the best GAF SFIV player on PSN.

Real Talk: Saqs and Yeb are the best GAF SFIV players on Live.

Galactic, CAJ and a few others are pretty good also.

I don't think I've beaten Find in a first to whatever. I CAN beat him, but it's pretty hard. He's also good with multiple characters (from the top of my head, Ken, Ryu, Viper, Fei Long and Boxer).

If you want to level up, definitely request to play him if he's not imagining a Dallas championship by vicariously living through NBA Live 2010.

Shizz was using a Fightpad controller. I don't have an issue with Gootecks, but he just seemed to have a look of disdain for Shizz when he mentioned he used pad.

Timedog said:
now maybe find has enough money to get a decent PC so he can't quit ducking me.

Oh man, I actually came out of the tourney in the red due to various match sidebets, so yeah :/

But even if I do get a decent pc, I'm not gonna be picking up SF4 on it unless it gets the $2.50 TF2 treatment. Guess you can keep you're title of east coast's (or was it west, was it even a coast??) finest for now :p

And I got $10 on my boy turtle!

BotoxAgent said:
Congrats Farms!! can't wait to see some of the match vids

I'll be honest, the matches were exciting live because I started the top 8 in losers and went through a fuckin gauntlet to make grandfinals, but I think out of context they'll be pretty boring to watch. I played really safe and my execution was kinda off, though I was on the receiving end of some pretty hot shit in my Jan match :lol :lol .

Spiderjericho said:
Find is my hero. I can't wait to see the videos.

No YOU'RE my hero. I still have way too much to learn, I wouldn't call myself the best of gaf yet. And NBA 2k10 is some real shit.:lol :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FMF needs to get an Xbawks so we can battle for the title of GAF VIPER NUMBAH 1.

Probably him, especially because I suck at Viper mirrors

Nah, I'm sure yours is better, you got way more experience with her. My viper tends to get hit by phat jump in combos, which leads to raging.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Awesome stories...

I am barely staying alive against this Sagat player. He has more life than I do. Me? Barely anything. He throws me. I am standing up and he's ready to Uppercut me to death with chip. In reflex I throw a Ultra that manages to hit him a bit and send him away (I am a Chun player). There he is, unable to stand up and I am finishing my animation.

As soon as I am done I jump, he throws an ex tiger shot that would hit me as soon as I touched the floor. It was then that I executed an EX Hazanshou, just above the floor (it's a one frame link to do this I think) avoided the fireball and cracked Sagat's head to take the win.

And people wonder why Street Fighter is the best fighting game out there.....

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lost Fragment said:
FMF needs to get an Xbawks so we can battle for the title of GAF VIPER NUMBAH 1.

Probably him, especially because I suck at Viper mirrors
im just gunna go ahead and give myself the ps3 viper title *whistles*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Grifter said:
Catching up from the weekend, what's this Valle speech?

I saw some ridiculous combos I'd never thought were possible from 360(!) pad players at NEC.

he was talking about how in the game you need to hate your opponent, having fun with your friends is one thing, but if you're going to make street fighter your passion you need to want to win, and stop laughing off losses.

it sounds a little elitist at first but he's right.

K.Sabot

This is why I play SF4.

nxqjix.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, a salty Bison.

It's also pretty satisfying knowing how much of a player people make him out to be.

Timedog said:
:lol When did you destroy me when I was playing Ryu?

I play with Ryu 90% of the time, I don't even know most of the other characters moves.

Last time we played, with me picking Ryu, you beat me by 1 game. 3-4. You beat me 100% of the time I picked other characters.

The only other time we've played I beat you 6-4 with me picking Ryu and you picking either Vega, Elf, or Gen. I didn't think Vega was one of your main's, but I'm counting that match anyway since you won it. If we're talking main's then I beat you 6-3.

In any case, I will easily destroy FMF without hesitation if and when he stops ducking me.
:lol :lol

I will freaking money match you

first to 10 any day.

You just mash shoryukens and pray to god you can trade for ultras.. or in a shitty attempt to wakeup you do EX which still gets you punished.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:

first to 10 any day.

You just mash shoryukens and pray to god you can trade for ultras.. or in a shitty attempt to wakeup you do EX which still gets you punished.

1) You didn't answer my question. Nice dodge.
2) Not money matching on stick.

Timedog said:
1) You didn't answer my question. Nice dodge.
2) Not money matching on stick.

Only certain people on GAF know I have numerous PC usernames.. ;)

Tekno knows.. Hito knows.. thats about it. The joys of GFWL and it being free.

EDIT: Way to duck out of a money match scrub.

TurtleSnatcher said:

first to 10 any day.

Timedog is all about the j.MP>ultra. That was he kept trying to do the last time I played him.

I'm sure he leveled up by now.

Pandaman said:
money is for scrubs, have a ban match.

hard to believe any pc user could be 'good' though....
Who says I only play PC?

Vegeta - Yea he just jumps constantly fishing for a juggle ultra.. Not even sure if the guy can FADC Ultra in an actual match yet. :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Only certain people on GAF know I have numerous PC usernames.. ;)

Tekno knows.. Hito knows.. thats about it. The joys of GFWL and it being free.

EDIT: Way to duck out of a money match scrub.

Whatevs, dude. I beat you when I had pad. At least put up a fight on stick. Saying you have several usernames and implying that you kicked my ass with some mystery account is childish. I could say I have a mystery account and I beat skunked you, but I'm just not gonna tell you that account name.

In any case, if I'm a scrub, that makes you a scrub too.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Who says I only play PC?

Vegeta - Yea he just jumps constantly fishing for a juggle ultra.. Not even sure if the guy can FADC Ultra in an actual match yet. :lol

I'm like 40% in matches on stick, so I don't really try it unless I'm messing around or don't care.

Also, I was up on matches on you the only time we played Black_Vegeta, so your talk is meaningless.

Timedog said:
Whatevs, dude. I beat you when I had pad. At least put up a fight on stick. Saying you have several usernames and implying that you kicked my ass with some mystery account is childish. I could say I have a mystery account and I beat skunked you, but I'm just not gonna tell you that account name.

In any case, if I'm a scrub, that makes you a scrub too.

Oh Timedog and your retarded 'think your the shit' posts. Its fun to fish you along.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fish all you want, but your play hasn't backed up your words. When did you destroy me?

If you can't answer that then there's no use continuing a discussion with someone that's all talk. If you can actually destroy me I'll submit to your prowess.

Why don't you guys play and record the match for our enjoyment?

And I've played some good players on GFW but must admit Live and PSN has more players.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I have 55 hours in this game and I still suck ass. I've cracked 1000 BP a few times, but my highest is 1100 BP.

I main Sagat (obviously)... but I guess I need some pro-tips to get better. I just recently bought a stick.

What's the best way to improve, just watch replays of better players? I dunno.

Adam Prime said:
Man I have 55 hours in this game and I still suck ass. I've cracked 1000 BP a few times, but my highest is 1100 BP.

I main Sagat (obviously)... but I guess I need some pro-tips to get better. I just recently bought a stick.

What's the best way to improve, just watch replays of better players? I dunno.

What can you do? (as far as using Sagat goes) Can you do all his Brb combos, FADC to ultra, etc.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
qcf x2 said:

Eh, I guess I'll concede your point. Still, it's not easy to lose a close match like that and then have to compose yourself immediately on camera. It took about 5 minutes but then he was his normal self. I personally thought his raging was pretty funny, I'm going to watch the recording again just for that :lol

Top Bottom