• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Grifter said:
ggs! left you a msg on xbl too.

Faster to answer here :lol

Yeah, two bars can be a bitch but I can actually change my style on the fly depending on lag. I wouldn't dare try some of the shit I did there offline. It's a whole different game, though I play online 85% of the time and so some things stick to offline play and I can get my ass kicked quickly :lol . It really is a shame about the connection... if it were better the games would be better, not that I am complaining though... I liked the games!

For the record though, offline you can do the fireball > hazanshou block string. If you link it the character will still be in a blocked state. Of course online its much easier to do since the lag makes up some additional frames to that.

It's a bitch.... yah. I hope SSF4's online play is better though, even with no GGPO. Still... your Akuma is an asshole. The jump in> Ultra is cruel :lol

eva01 said:
Hey Turtlesnatcher yeah that was some good games. You had some nice tricks with Gen. Once I get my hands on a new stick(hoping frys gets more in at $99 price) I should probably play more often. I enjoy playing on the pc more than xbox these days. I'm not always at the arcade, I goto denjin or ai once or twice a month. Is there a new gaf tourney coming up? I'm so out of the loop haha.
Welcome back to GAF! :)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I wish Akuma's vortex move wouldn't come out when I try to do lk tatsu. How in the hell the game interprets my attempt at a qcb as a forward dragon punch motion, I'll never know. It also happens on red fireballs. Dumb.

Grifter

Relix said:
Faster to answer here :lol

Yeah, two bars can be a bitch but I can actually change my style on the fly depending on lag. I wouldn't dare try some of the shit I did there offline. It's a whole different game, though I play online 85% of the time and so some things stick to offline play and I can get my ass kicked quickly :lol . It really is a shame about the connection... if it were better the games would be better, not that I am complaining though... I liked the games!

For the record though, offline you can do the fireball > hazanshou block string. If you link it the character will still be in a blocked state. Of course online its much easier to do since the lag makes up some additional frames to that.

It's a bitch.... yah. I hope SSF4's online play is better though, even with no GGPO. Still... your Akuma is an asshole. The jump in> Ultra is cruel :lol

I liked the games too! I like seeing what you're doing cuz it's cool stuff, I just get aggravated and DP a ton and start to jump in. For tourneys, I know I can play defensive cuz the match-up kinda sucks for Chun and I can block/demon flippy on reaction, punish jabs/jumps if I see them coming (tried having demon inputted at your apex and still didn't come out!), or get a full combo off a baited ex bird so I get mad when the same thing doesn't work online but I try to adjust and take more (dumb) chances.

The last-frame defensive style I use at tourneys is why I stopped playing online for so long. Need an online alt that does slower (or be more patient about lag but I refuse!) :lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The Hug Dog said:
What are the official Madcatz pads like for this game? Worth picking up?

I have one, I like it A LOT. I'm not a hardcore tournament player - but I would NEVER go back to playing on a PS3 Dualshock. The Dpad feels great and I have no idea how people play this game without the 6Button configuration.

The only problem I've ever had is that the wireless controller wouldn't sync up with the USB. I called Madcatz and they sent me a replacement USB receiver for free, no hassles. Now it works great.

Since then I've moved on to a Tournament Edition Fightstick ($90 shipped eBay :D ) I love that more, but I would have no problems going back to the Fightpad if I had to (a friend wanted to use the stick or something). Highly recommend one!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MIMIC said:
Me vs Abel (with any character): Round 1 starts....Walk forward. Throw (because he's rolling).

Works 75% of the time :D

Me(Abel) vs the whole cast: Round 1 starts....walk back. then roll. TT

works about the same % of the time :)

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Me(Abel) vs the whole cast: Round 1 starts....walk back. then roll. TT

works about the same % of the time :)
me as seth: usually they roll first, so i empty neutral jump and then spd

and then i usually end up losing D:

Threi

notag
The Madcatz SF4 fightpad is pretty good, the problem is (with me at least) that the rubber contacts on the dpad get worn and eventually rip apart.

Threi said:
The Madcatz SF4 fightpad is pretty good, the problem is (with me at least) that the rubber contacts on the dpad get worn and eventually rip apart.
This

it's the only flaw. I have gone through two pads already

I do wish it had 4 face buttons on each row. I always have issues with the left shoulder button :(

Prezhulio

hadn't played in a month or so, hoped on psn and my rosey got her ass handed to her most of the matches :(
a couple moments though where some combos came flying out of my hands and i smiled and murmured "god this game is awesome"

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Threi said:

Yeah, I'd rather be ass on stick for the forseeable future than have to keep ponying up for new pads.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man, I was starting to think I was getting sorta good at this game, then grifter comes along and is all like "sup? I brought you some humble pie."

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Ugh, I'm having terrible execution problems lately. I don't know how or why it happens, but every few weeks I can't seem to do anything right. Almost every single one of my CS>FADC>CS attemps becomes CS>FADC>Spiral Arrow :(

LowParry

Timedog said:
Yeah, I'd rather be ass on stick for the forseeable future than have to keep ponying up for new pads.

Here's hoping this EX2 stick holds out till I get a new one next year for my 360.

Krackatoa

ArjanN said:
Also, any Dan player that's any good knows you only use his ultra as a counter, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Hey, it makes for a great AA, fireball punisher or you can combo into it for 2 bars on Abel off of almost any jumping MK or close s.MP. :D

profit said:
The NEC vids are up on FADC!
They play buttery smooth :D
Edit: seems some videos just stop for no reason
Aren't those just the "road to NEC" vids and not that actual NEC vids? Weren't Justin and Marn in it as well?

Edit: yes, full of fail indeed.

Grifter

Lost Fragment said:
Man, I was starting to think I was getting sorta good at this game, then grifter comes along and is all like "sup? I brought you some humble pie."

I thought I was being humbled with those close games! That was so much fun, it was like I zoned in and 4 hours went by, and I came to with a cold sweat.

Pandaman said:

i can't believe evil rashaan lost to Dayasha's flowchart chun :-/ He was mashing ex legs without hit confirming like crazy and abusing cr and df roundhouse.

I don't like hating but Dayasha is such an arrogant douche who constantly proclaims that he will be the best chun in the east coast and that he's a beast, ugh!!

MagMan needs to show this guy the way of the legs

and are they using tvs with motion interpolation on? that makes the gamel laggy as fuck

BotoxAgent said:
i can't believe evil rashaan lost to Dayasha's flowchart chun :-/ He was mashing ex legs without hit confirming like crazy and abusing cr and df roundhouse.

I don't like hating but Dayasha is such an arrogant douche who constantly proclaims that he will be the best chun in the east coast and that he's a beast, ugh!!

MagMan needs to show this guy the way of the legs

Wow, I thought that guy was just a troll on the chun boards, didn't know he actually went out.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GG's Eva01, sorry to bail after the game dropped us, but I gots a Calc final tomorrow, and was just taking a short break from studying. We'll play a longer set sometime soon.

All these streams make me feel like playing Street Fighter IV again. Maybe.

PhatSaqs said:
I've never played Dagger but the absolute best Guile i've played is a guy on XBL tagged Geom_ModInside. We've done two sets of 10 where we are 1-1. He has some crazy corner pressure and overall solid fundamentals. Granted there is some lag involved since he is in France but a solid player is a solid player IMO. Check out is YT vids.

edit yeah this dude rofl: http://www.youtube.com/user/MoD1ns1d3
Oh man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgeg0rp_dUc

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Totally random but I stumbled on Adam Fords blog (Disney artist) and he has some awesome SF pieces. Sorry for the size!

AFord_Akuma.jpg

AFord_Sagat.jpg

AFord_Cammy.jpg

THawk.jpg

Top Bottom