• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Grifter said:
I thought I was being humbled with those close games! That was so much fun, it was like I zoned in and 4 hours went by, and I came to with a cold sweat.

Haha, yeah, that was a pretty long session. I wasn't planning on playing nearly as long but I really wanted to figure out how I was going about the match the wrong way and before I knew it we had played like 60 games.

One thing I think I really need work on is my option select execution. os ex knuckle after j.hk beats back teleport on wakeup every time, but when you wouldn't teleport and I'd actully connect with the j.hk, most of the time I wouldn't be able to follow up with a combo.

Most of the games were pretty close though, but when Akuma lands his ultra as often as Viper something's wrong :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Ever had 2 Double KOs in a row? I had one last night. It was hilarious :lol

(they were 2 separate matches though. "Match 1, Round 2: DKO" and "Match 2, Round 1: DKO")

A little while back I bought a 360 Ryu Mad Catz pad to play on my PC and my friends 360. I loved it and decided to buy one for the PS3 as soon as my PS3 was fixed. It's going to take some time to get use to, I really have to pound on the thing to make it as comfortable to use as the 360 pad is for me now. Anyways, I'm back playing on PS3. Name is Rice_Eater483 so add me if you don't mind playing another Ryu player.

Here's another AB top 8 vid.

FMF vs. JanGief

I really had no business at all winning this, Jan has the best gief in the country (funny enough, he also has the best Tager) but I'll take a ridiculously lucky win over a skillful loss :lol

edit - seems match 5 in the set is missing, he hits me with ex green hand(blocked), fadc forward ultra, hype ensued.

Threi said:

<3

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
FindMyFarms, great Balrog. But I think your game would be much improved if you used ultra as a fireball deterrent. There were many rounds that you could have won where Buktooth was fearlessly throwing out fireball after fireball while you blocked or jumped. Maybe I've been watching too many Keno and PR Balrog vids, but I kept waiting for an ultra from you that never came. Anyway, just a comment from a scrubby Balrog player. Congrats on making it to grand finals!

SnowWolf said:
FindMyFarms, great Balrog. But I think your game would be much improved if you used ultra as a fireball deterrent. There were many rounds that you could have won where Buktooth was fearlessly throwing out fireball after fireball while you blocked or jumped. Maybe I've been watching too many Keno and PR Balrog vids, but I kept waiting for an ultra from you that never came. Anyway, just a comment from a scrubby Balrog player. Congrats on making it to grand finals!
he does.

he did it many times in pool play.

He also did do super once agst Buk in those matches.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fuck, I gotta take a break from math.

Anyone want to do a couple quick games on PC? I'll be on for a few:

Chickeny Dinner.

When I am at work, all I think about is leveling up in SF4 but when I get home, all I think about is work and end up playing my backlog and fearing the timesuck of SF4.... FML?

SnowWolf said:

I typically do, but at that point I was mentally dominated, I made a lot of other mistakes as well :/

There's a distance though where you can ultra through fireball, but the last hit will whiff which gives ryu a free punish, buk was staying at that range pretty consistently. Also, my mind was so preoccupied on the footsies (which i was getting owned at) that I missed opportune ultra moments like you pointed out.

I appreciate your input though.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GG to FMF. Sorry to leave like that, but that last match the lag was getting ridiculous. You really did figure out my flowchart Honda though. Cammy's hitbox may be weird, strong slaps to RH worked on Cammy, when usually it doesn't.

I need to figure out what it is mentally that keeps me from doing better vs top players. I've got to be mentally weak somewhere.

I need to get your best char sometime though, see how I do against it. Probably will be a whitewash.

arstal said:
GG to FMF. Sorry to leave like that, but that last match the lag was getting ridiculous. You really did figure out my flowchart Honda though. Cammy's hitbox may be weird, strong slaps to RH worked on Cammy, when usually it doesn't.

I need to figure out what it is mentally that keeps me from doing better vs top players. I've got to be mentally weak somewhere.

I need to get your best char sometime though, see how I do against it. Probably will be a whitewash.

GG's man! It's all good, no worries. My main's rog, but rog/honda is really tedious and boring matchup, I prefer viper/honda in casuals to be honest :lol

With regards to your mental block, I think you panic sometimes, which leads to mixups. It's weird for me to say this considering you main Honda, but I think you should work on tightening up your defense. Doing that at least will keep you out of pressure situations where a mistake will hurt a lot and lead to more mixups.

Also,

Part 2 of FMF vs. JanGief

This part SUCKED! I had never seen that before, was caught way off guard.

I had a match in top 8 against a really good honda as well (not as good as mike ross or sky, but he's great) I'll post it when I can.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Yeah Honda/Rog is kinda dull.

Rose/Rog isn't so much. I'm in the process of switching off Honda anyways.

As for defense- yeah, I tend to play a bit of an oddball Honda. The issue is I kept blocking the wrong way on crossups, or I was forward dashing on wakeup expecting a crossup that didn't come.

gutabo

Man, my Honda just got destroyed by a Guile(GT: Rebelo) on a G1 tourney, he knew the matchup so good there was nothing I could do, surprised him a bit at the start but I was doomed. He messaged me trying to trash talk but I quickly took the conversation to a better place. He told me he knew very well that it was a bad matchup for me and just took advantage from it and understood my frustration. Also lag didn't help. Any tips besides the obvious?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
FindMyFarms said:
GG's man! It's all good, no worries. My main's rog, but rog/honda is really tedious and boring matchup, I prefer viper/honda in casuals to be honest :lol

With regards to your mental block, I think you panic sometimes, which leads to mixups. It's weird for me to say this considering you main Honda, but I think you should work on tightening up your defense. Doing that at least will keep you out of pressure situations where a mistake will hurt a lot and lead to more mixups.

Also,

Part 2 of FMF vs. JanGief

This part SUCKED! I had never seen that before, was caught way off guard.

I had a match in top 8 against a really good honda as well (not as good as mike ross or sky, but he's great) I'll post it when I can.

You got better since the one time we played! Great patience.

That guy had a good Ryu ... but man hes a boring character to watch at the high level and this bothers me. Ive been manning Ryu as far as I could remember and its hard for me to branch off, but I dont want to have to play in a boring style in order to win ... bleh

Top Bottom