• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

nilbog21

Banned
hey guys, is it me or is there a slight delay when playing on hdtv's? I moved my ps3 from my monitor to my hdtv and it feels like there is a slight delay. the tv is really nice (46" sony 1080p) so i dont think that should be a problem. Is there anything i can do? :/

XenoRaven

nilbog21 said:
hey guys, is it me or is there a slight delay when playing on hdtv's? I moved my ps3 from my monitor to my hdtv and it feels like there is a slight delay. the tv is really nice (46" sony 1080p) so i dont think that should be a problem. Is there anything i can do? :/
If you go into your menu and play around, most TV's have a "Game Mode" that should reduce that issue.

EDIT: On my Samsung, it's the "Entertainment" option under "Setup".

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
XenoRaven said:
If you go into your menu and play around, most TV's have a "Game Mode" that should reduce that issue.

EDIT: On my Samsung, it's the "Entertainment" option under "Setup".

My samsung has an E. mode button right on the remote for easy switching back and forth.

XenoRaven

Timedog said:
My samsung has an E. mode button right on the remote for easy switching back and forth.
Hey, I just looked and I have it too! That's gonna make switching between Game and Sports modes much easier.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Havent played online in a while and fuck. My semi ok BP of 1400 got its ass kicked back to 700

Deciding to main Sakura has something to do with that, but eh.

AZ Greg,

If you're still on in a half hour, I'll play you. I'm trying to transfer the save from my old PS3 to Slim, so I can have all of the colors and stuff unlocked. I liked the old memory card system...

I guess you know you're really addicted to a game when:

-You want to level up during your break from school
-Your xbox scratches up your disc making it unplayable
-Despite an update coming in a few months you're determined to buy another copy tomorrow to continue playing

MIMIC

Banned
I let my brother play online today and damn, by the grace of God I found him the most scrubbiest opponent ever and it was the scrubbiest match that I have ever witnessed. :lol Fei Long (him) vs. Ryu. I don't think there was a single block the entire match. lol

He won in 3 though :D

Throwing caution to the wind (and knowing Fuerte's moves) is an excellent way to play against Fuerte....which is why he manages to beat me so often. But when it comes to Blanka and Guile, I average a perfect every 3 rounds.

Fuerte sucks =p

I'm trying to do more with Fuerte (like using his long distance standing FK and his corpse hop to deal out damage) and trying not to rely so much on his run. And trying to do the jump in RSF (with splash, slide, etc.) on wake-up.

Old habits die hard :-/

gutabo

haunts said:
Hey man your Honda is KILLER! Those were some good fights but yeah the lag was a little annoying. You can punish his blocked super right!? Maybe not... lol

I started to adjust a little bit later on. I was able to Kara uppercut blocked FP headbutts so I was happy after I landed a couple of those. haha!

I think its on my end though man. I really need new internet. I have this shit DSL that just makes me not even want to play online anymore. :(

Great games though, you're like Mike Ross Jr!!! :lol
Thanks, most people sometimes get confused about the super/ultra startup/recovery and I try to capitalize on that :p

Yeah, your karas are very frightening! Never played a monster Sagat like that before, you have changed the way I look at Sagat now... great mixups!

You must get a better internet connection! We have to play again sometime!(pretty please?)

I just had a nerdgasm reading your last sentence. THANK YOU, I won't be able to sleep for a week now!

Raging Spaniard said:
Havent played online in a while and fuck. My semi ok BP of 1400 got its ass kicked back to 700

Deciding to main Sakura has something to do with that, but eh.

Hey, I remember you commenting on my video vs. buktooth and saying it was pretty boring (and I agree.) Buk's known more for his Fuerte play actually, and he only used ryu against me because I tend to beat his elf pretty handily. Here's some Fuerte play from him at top 8 in the same tourney against other players, you might find it more entertaining.

Buktooth vs. Jan (Za)

This is a really good match, especially since both players are the best at their respective characters. (not including japan lol)

Buktooth vs. Jewelman (Ho)

This video is great because I hate Honda:lol Texas (and the rest of the south) Honda play isn't up to par with the west and east coast, but Jewelman is pretty good.

@Haunts - I'll probably be out of commission for the next month or so, but I'm down to play whenever

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Timedog said:
Is it possible to get a stick that's taller than the stock TE one? Also, are there buttons that spring up quicker than the sanwa ones, or can I somehow replace the springs in the sanwa to make the buttons stand at attention quicker?

HRAP SE EX or HRAP RAP

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Grifter said:
You need to make a comeback, old man. Don't you have some buddies to nudge back towards to flavor of the day? Or gimme the 2DF info and we'll throw down in SFA3.
I actually played a bit last night at a friends house. No Gen though as he wasn't unlocked if you can believe that. Used Abel and felt like I had no idea what I was doing. Only going back to Honda set me straight since he's so basic. Been playing a lot of VF5 lately though so I think I'll send you an invite for the hell of it next time I see you on. Keep in mind there's no teleporting or air fireballs in that game though. ;-)

NEC-X Single matches up.

I was hoping to see Marn vs. Hondas, but no. Skye is pretty good. And of course, Justin, Flash, Sanford and LI Joe were sick. I think Flash should stay up in New York to level up. His game is very tight.

And watching the Dr. Chaos v. VVV Scrub, I felt bad for Ken. His FADC ultra is soooo lame. I hope Capcom gives him some character tweaks.

I want to see Dan, Ken, Gen, Abel, Rose and a few other get boosts.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutabo said:
Thanks, most people sometimes get confused about the super/ultra startup/recovery and I try to capitalize on that :p

Yeah, your karas are very frightening! Never played a monster Sagat like that before, you have changed the way I look at Sagat now... great mixups!

You must get a better internet connection! We have to play again sometime!(pretty please?)

I just had a nerdgasm reading your last sentence. THANK YOU, I won't be able to sleep for a week now!

A Sagat who knows how to Kara and has even mediocre knowledge is impossible for Honda to win against without blatant guessing.

This is one reason why I've given him up somewhat and switched to Rose.

DR2K said:
If you're going to make the case that she's "good", you should at least showcase a video of her winning a set.

A set...Sanford vs. Dan at Evo. If you look through FADC, you can see Aulord or Sanford win matches with her. Is anyone claiming she's top tier? No. But she definitely can wreck ish, especially with the amount of damage she can rack up in short amount of time.

DR2K

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
A set...Sanford vs. Dan at Evo. If you look through FADC, you can see Aulord or Sanford win matches with her. Is anyone claiming she's top tier? No. But she definitely can wreck ish, especially with the amount of damage she can rack up in short amount of time.

She can wreck shit no doubt, most characters can in SFIV.

DR2K

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
I don't think they were trying to make a case, so much as making fun of your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmemYKz9-Q#t=02m19s

But here's Sanford counter picking from Sagat.

I know, but her losing reinforced my opinion. So Fission Mailed.

I've seen just about every top level Cammy player though. There's nothing you can show me that'll change my opinion. Unless it's consistent top placing tournament results, theory fighter and cherry picking videos is fine and dandy, but it doesn't make any case. I mean I can show you videos of Jwong wrecking shit with Roll in MVC2. Does that really prove anything? I can show you matches of tatsu's Vega wrecking shit as well if you need a SFIV example.

People here have gotten hit by one too many canon spikes if you honestly think that. :lol

DR2K said:
I know, but her losing reinforced my opinion. So Fission Mailed.

I've seen just about every top level Cammy player though. There's nothing you can show me that'll change my opinion. Unless it's consistent top placing tournament results, theory fighter and cherry picking videos is fine and dandy, but it doesn't make any case. I mean I can show you videos of Jwong wrecking shit with Roll in MVC2. Does that really prove anything? I can show you matches of tatsu's Vega wrecking shit as well if you need a SFIV example.

People here have gotten hit by one too many canon spikes if you honestly think that. :lol

People who get hit by Daigo's Shoryuken's obviously don't know the Ryu matchup, right?

Well, you're free to have your opinion. The thing is your argumentation style.

I remember back in the Super thread, your posts went in this style:

Her FA isn't good it has no range->Wait it does have range, but it's still not good enough->wait she has trouble getting in, FAing in general is not good for her

Her Anti air isn't good->wait, her anti air is good, it just doesn't lead up to anything->okay it can lead up to ultra but it's still isn't good.

You always fade into this whole "this is valid, this isn't valid" style of posting. And you always fall back into vague things like "tournament results" and "tier lists", especially when those two things are especially not concrete for a console character. If anyone's the cherrypicker, it is you.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think I just ragequit.

CONTEXT

Im playing Gief vs Akuma. I beat him and obviously he got offended that my 500 BP was lower than his 1500. He shows up right away again after I make a new ranked room ... only that this time he spends THE WHOLE MATCH teleporting, poking and taunting.

Was he going to win? yes.

Did he try to bother the fuck out of me on purpose?

Also yes

So, when I beat him I wasnt being an asshole, when he was about to beat me, he was, so I turned the system off on him.

I didnt do the "right thing" but fuck that guy. I'll lose a 100 matches againt people with 0 BP before I lose to douchebags like that.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PC Players are bad =(. I haven't lost a single championship match (G3 though... but in one day I got from 0 to having like 700GP). I am unlocking characters manually too.

I haven't lost a single freaking online match with the exception of Player Matches against some gaffers.

Threi

notag
God Tier:
Sagat
Magneto
Storm
Ryu
Balrog
El Fuerte

Shit "fix this shit capcom tier"
Roll
Cammy
Vega

TRUE STORY GAIS

btw Raging Spaniard I can sympathize. Can't say i've ragequit on anyone but there are some REAL douchebags online. Use shitty tactics and think they are hot shit for it. It's one thing to lose to someone who is genuinely good (and I have noticed that people who are actually good at the game tend to send post-match compliments), but it is extremely irritating to lose to assholes who clearly have limited knowledge of the game, act arrogant, and exploit low-risk moves.

DD-11

Raging Spaniard said:
I think I just ragequit.

CONTEXT

Im playing Gief vs Akuma. I beat him and obviously he got offended that my 500 BP was lower than his 1500. He shows up right away again after I make a new ranked room ... only that this time he spends THE WHOLE MATCH teleporting, poking and taunting.

Was he going to win? yes.

Did he try to bother the fuck out of me on purpose?

Also yes

So, when I beat him I wasnt being an asshole, when he was about to beat me, he was, so I turned the system off on him.

I didnt do the "right thing" but fuck that guy. I'll lose a 100 matches againt people with 0 BP before I lose to douchebags like that.

He did nothing wrong. He beat you and you pulled a rage quit. I'm not sure you should be throwing names around...

edit: Gief has tools to beat teleports. What else is akuma supposed to do?

DR2K

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
People who get hit by Daigo's Shoryuken's obviously don't know the Ryu matchup, right?

Well, you're free to have your opinion. The thing is your argumentation style.

I remember back in the Super thread, your posts went in this style:

Her FA isn't good it has no range->Wait it does have range, but it's still not good enough->wait she has trouble getting in, FAing in general is not good for her

Her Anti air isn't good->wait, her anti air is good, it just doesn't lead up to anything->okay it can lead up to ultra but it's still isn't good.

You always fade into this whole "this is valid, this isn't valid" style of posting. And you always fall back into vague things like "tournament results" and "tier lists", especially when those two things are especially not concrete for a console character. If anyone's the cherrypicker, it is you.

It(her FA) isn't good for her. So therefor it isn't good. I'm just clarifying as to why I said what I said.

My argument about her AA was that it was too unsafe to be considered the best AA. There's a reason you see Ryu srk fadc ultra in every other match, and rarely with Cammy.

Tournament results aren't vague at all though, they dictate where a character stands. Really good characters consistently place, not so good ones don't. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it. Are we still using the console character thing, it's been 8 months, surely if one of them were top we'd see some results that indicate that. Overall, they suck. Capcom made sure of that.

Threi said:
God Tier:
Sagat
Magneto
Storm
Ryu
Balrog
El Fuerte

Roll
Cammy
Vega

TRUE STORY GAIS

Context, not on good terms with it are you?

Raging Spaniard

DD-11 said:
He did nothing wrong. He beat you and you pulled a rage quit. I'm not sure you should be throwing names around...

edit: Gief has tools to beat teleports. What else is akuma supposed to do?

H ehad 90 percent of his life, I had a barely visible ammount. He wasted 30 seconds just mocking me, so yeah. I wouldnt deal with that shit in real life and IM not gonna do it in the internet. Specially when I wasnt doing anything to piss the giuy off.

Im not right, but eh

gutabo

arstal said:
A Sagat who knows how to Kara and has even mediocre knowledge is impossible for Honda to win against without blatant guessing.

This is one reason why I've given him up somewhat and switched to Rose.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but really, really hard. I try to bait stuff a lot on those matches, and use as much mindgames as they'll let me. In the end, I don't blame it on Honda, I blame it on Sagat' S-Rank. Anyway, I'm just a Live fighter(with a somewhat crappy local scene) so my opinion is not important. Haunts' Sagat would've destroyed/perfected/downloaded me offline, I'm sure of that. Lag made me put a somewhat decent showing.

Still I WON'T SLEEP FOR A WEEK THANKS HAUNTS OHMYGOD!!!

gutabo

Threi said:
God Tier:
Sagat
Magneto
Storm
Ryu
Balrog
El Fuerte

Roll
Cammy
Vega

TRUE STORY GAIS

btw Raging Spaniard I can sympathize. Can't say i've ragequit on anyone but there are some REAL douchebags online. Use shitty tactics and think they are hot shit for it. It's one thing to lose to someone who is genuinely good (and I have noticed that people who are actually good at the game tend to send post-match compliments), but it is extremely irritating to lose to assholes who clearly have limited knowledge of the game, act arrogant, and exploit low-risk moves.
Hey you forgot Sentinel there.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
"Real talk," as the kids these days say:

"I don't win as much as I think I should, therefore, it's my character that sucks and it's totally not me that sucks."

DR2K

Banned
Who changed my avatar? Funny thing is I was thinking about using him earlier today.

Lost Fragment said:
"Real talk," as the kids these days say:

"I don't win as much as I think I should, therefore, it's my character that sucks and it's totally not me that sucks."

Nah, I suck at MVC2 and I use Storm and Sentinel. I just think my standards for a good character are too high. I guess I'm not particularly fond at how Cammy plays in this iteration.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DR2K said:
She actually is a very weak character. Tournament results, tier lists, etc. . . tell the true story. Just watched the video, she got her ass kicked. :lol

Missed this one.

What video did you watch? She came a hair away from winning that set, and that was winners semi finals, so dude placed at least 4th or 5th with Cammy.

DR2K said:
It(her FA) isn't good for her. So therefor it isn't good. I'm just clarifying as to why I said what I said.

My argument about her AA was that it was too unsafe to be considered the best AA. There's a reason you see Ryu srk fadc ultra in every other match, and rarely with Cammy.

Tournament results aren't vague at all though, they dictate where a character stands. Really good characters consistently place, not so good ones don't. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it. Are we still using the console character thing, it's been 8 months, surely if one of them were top we'd see some results that indicate that. Overall, they suck. Capcom made sure of that.

:lol I can see why Finds got frustrated with you. I don't even know where to start.

Wallach

Why is there still all this rage over Cammy in this thread? No, she is not a high tier character, and no, she is not "awful" by any stretch of the imagination. Cammy doesn't really have any god-awful match-ups like 7-3 or worse as far as I'm aware, so even if she has a majority of 4-6 matchups that puts her with a lot of the other cast somewhere in the "mid" tier range. Still a character with some good advantages and is fully capable of winning in a tournament.

Trying to base a console character's worth on tournament results isn't really smart, imo. A lot of people don't play console characters, they aren't as developed as the arcade characters. Add on top of that a lot of people will go for higher tier characters with better match-ups and you've just got a much smaller pool to get tournament results from to begin with. It doesn't change her match-ups, though, so in the end it doesn't work against her much.

DD-11

Raging Spaniard said:
H ehad 90 percent of his life, I had a barely visible ammount. He wasted 30 seconds just mocking me, so yeah. I wouldnt deal with that shit in real life and IM not gonna do it in the internet. Specially when I wasnt doing anything to piss the giuy off.

Im not right, but eh

Don't you think he wanted to piss you off that much? You did what he wanted you to. You were one green hand and an ultra away from winning. Or you could have just stood there and not chased him around if you weren't good enough to beat him.

Instead you did the immature thing and accomplished nothing. So what, he taunted you. It bothers me not at all when someone taunts me. Why does it bother you? At worst it's a few minutes of humble pie. How much better or more mature are you than any of the other losers who have stolen my victories? Just a little.

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Missed this one.

What video did you watch? She came a hair away from winning that set, and that was winners semi finals, so dude placed at least 4th or 5th with Cammy.

The one where an exceptional Cammy lost to an average Ryu. Yeah he did well, so what. At the end of the day top tier character placed higher.

Trying to base a console character's worth on tournament results isn't really smart, imo. A lot of people don't play console characters, they aren't as developed as the arcade characters.

Tournaments are being played on consoles, at least the ones on this side of the globe. And it's been like that for a while. If there were a really great console character they would be more frequently used.

I can see why Finds got frustrated with you. I don't even know where to start.

He was under the misguided belief that Cammy was near top tier. Most Cammy players feel that she's either low or mid tier. I think she's near bottom. Now let me clarify one thing, most SFIV characters are good, besides Dan and Vega, no one is horrible. I just feel that Cammy like most of the console characters are underdeveloped.

Top Bottom