• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DR2K

Banned
Hitokage said:
Much like how characters can suck when used by players like you. :p

The problem is when they manage to suck when played by players better than me. My supposed inadequacies are one thing, but not being able to see players go far with her is disheartening.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
Just think about it. I thought the cammy conversation was over, but then you go and spout some stupid shit. I can't even tell if you're being serious anymore or if this is a dumb sarcastic joke you're running.

The resurgence of the Cammy conversation is probably my fault. Sorry :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't know how much you guys know about Street Fighter 4 (I'm an expert), but Cammy had the greatest anti air of all time.

DR2K

Banned
So about Cammy. . .

Nah I kid, haven't played any gaffers. Let you see how shitty Cammy can be in the hands of this scrub. Hit me up on PSN: OnslaughtDR2k

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
papertiger80 on xbl if anyone wants some games. Might work on some alts, but if you want Viper or Cammy exp let me know and I'll play 'em.

DR2K said:
So about Cammy. . .

Nah I kid, haven't played any gaffers. Let you see how shitty Cammy can be in the hands of this scrub. Hit me up on PSN: OnslaughtDR2k

Boo. I'd take you up on the challenge if I had a PS3.

Any non-believers, plz step right up :D Cammy is like Paul Pierce; she ain't the best, but she's pretty damn good and can do some incredible things.

PSN is same as the GAF handle (no spaces though).

Should be getting a 360 with some Christmas moniez, so I'll be on XBL soon enough probably too.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Nah it's not bad english, DR2K's cammy hate is just so strong that you were lead to believe there was more than one hater.

I love her, but she doesn't love me.

GG K.Sabot, Balrooooog.

FindMyFarms said:
I think there was a scene or two where kreuk was lookin pretty ffooiiinneee. Otherwise, no thank you.

I'm not sure. I no longer have expectations for video game adaptions. The only good SF movie was the original animated movie (and the SF movie for its retarded campiness).

The only fan service was Gen, Chun-Li, Claw, Boxer, Dictator, Charlie Nash and Rose. But the movie was terrible. This, Generations and the Ties That Bind...yuck.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
-COOLIO- said:
why pants? is it cold?

if im gettng my as ass kicked by cammy, i at least wanna see dat ass

word..panting cammy would be sacrilege to the aforementioned aesthetically pleasing woman parts

FindMyFarms said:
KillaSasa vs DR2K plz

I'd rep Cammy but Killa showed me I'm inadequate :lol

Turtle vs. Timedog

KillaSasa vs DR2K

our SF Bar Fights needs to happen. SSF2 is going to be hype because we can get into lobbies and watch the matches. I don't record matches or have the equipment but can a spectator in say HD Remix, KOF XII or Blaz Blue record fights?

Spiderjericho said:
Turtle vs. Timedog

KillaSasa vs DR2K

our SF Bar Fights needs to happen. SSF2 is going to be hype because we can get into lobbies and watch the matches. I don't record matches or have the equipment but can a spectator in say HD Remix, KOF XII or Blaz Blue record fights?

It's not an option in those games, but you can always just do direct capture. But we're a lazy kind of people. In all seriousness though, who would ever record a KOF 12 match :lol

Did they say spectators will be able to record matches in SSF4?

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Took all night but i wrote another one of these:

Street Fighter Footsies Handbook, Chapter 2

Maybe i should have spent a couple of weeks watching matches before starting this so it wouldn't take 8 hours to find good examples at the last minute. But it's too late to regret that now so i'm just gonna have to roll with 8-hour minutes.

Majestros said:

Maybe i should have spent a couple of weeks watching matches before starting this so it wouldn't take 8 hours to find good examples at the last minute. But it's too late to regret that now so i'm just gonna have to roll with 8-hour minutes.

Again, good shit Majestros. Stuff like this helps a lot concerning fundamentals, especially since 4 isn't the best teaching ground for it.

I really wish I had learned how to play ST well, heh.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
In fairness, SF4 isn't the first Street Fighter game that doesn't teach you how to play footsies, but just like every last Street Fighter game, it makes you pay for not knowing. You just kinda have to decide that you're going to work on your ground game and focus on learning how to control the match without jumping, dashing, or constantly attacking/retreating.

I think only the SF2 series, SFA2, and maybe SFA3/CvS2 (depending on which characters are on the screen) teach you how to play footsies up front.

FindMyFarms said:
Did they say spectators will be able to record matches in SSF4?

No idea, but someone with a capture card or webcame/video camera could just do it the old fashion way. Now I need to build a rivalry with someone so I can be apart of GAF Bar Fights. Primemover, I'm calling you out after you bailed on me a few days ago because of lag. I'm so furious I could do a flaming shoryuken right now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rice-Eater said:
No idea, but someone with a capture card or webcame/video camera could just do it the old fashion way. Now I need to build a rivalry with someone so I can be apart of GAF Bar Fights. Primemover, I'm calling you out after you bailed on me a few days ago because of lag. I'm so furious I could do a flaming shoryuken right now.
as a curiosity, are you the rice-farmer guy that usually hangs out in sf4 stream chats?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Majestros said:

Thanks a lot, these are great!

lol the Cammy discussion is still going on with DR2K? I've been gone all weekend in LA for the VGAs and everyone is still laughing at the stupidity of his arguments.

Awesome. :lol

DR2K

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
lol the Cammy discussion is still going on with DR2K? I've been gone all weekend in LA for the VGAs and everyone is still laughing at the stupidity of his arguments.

Awesome. :lol

Calling me stupid yet you were the one who attended the VGAs, how does that work?

To answer your question the battle is over, but the war has yet to end.

DR2K said:
Calling me stupid yet you were the one who attended the VGAs, how does that work?

To answer your question the battle is over, but the war has yet to end.
All expenses paid? Yea ill take it.

Also I called your argument stupid not you...

Linkhero1

I'm so proud of myself. I learned my first FADC :D

It's with Rufus and it took me a while since I suck. Ex-Messiah -> LK -> FADC -> Ultra

Took me a while to learn how execute Ultra right after FADC.

DR2K

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
All expenses paid? Yea ill take it.

Also I called your argument stupid not you...

I don't know if someone paid me lower my IQ and self-esteem I still wouldn't take it. I keed. It actually sounds like fun.

For some reason backfist into ultra has been happening a lot lately. I feel like a bad ass. The fact that backfist alone hit is an accomplishment within itself, tagging an ultra mid screen is the most beautiful thing you can do. I have a shit eating grin on as I type this.

Top Bottom