• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Teknopathetic said:
"If there were a really great console character they would be more frequently used."

Seth.
with seth, you have to pretty much play PERFECTLY in order to win.

plus shortcuts make him a little harder to play :(

his combos are cute though

Wallach said:
Why is there still all this rage over Cammy in this thread? .

I don't think it's Cammy so much.

The situation is like if I went in this thread saying Sagat's not a good character because his throw range sucks and he lacks footsies and I act like I know what I'm talking about.

"with seth, you have to pretty much play PERFECTLY in order to win."

This isn't much different from Akuma who also requires minimal mistakes and he's a shade under top tier, at least 3rd, arguably second best character in the game, IMO.

Wallach

DR2K said:
Tournaments are being played on consoles, at least the ones on this side of the globe. And it's been like that for a while. If there were a really great console character they would be more frequently used.

It's not that they aren't playing tournaments on consoles here, it's that the people that play these games at tournaments were playing the arcade characters because there's much more exposure to them. You simply could not get as much character information early on out of the console characters because Japan wasn't playing them, and a lot of the early game dictates what goes on later for quite some time. You can see this in the fact that guys like Sanford did not risk bringing Cammy to tournaments until well after his game was more solid in the core characters, but he still brings her out now because she's a good character.

DR2K said:
He was under the misguided belief that Cammy was near top tier. Most Cammy players feel that she's either low or mid tier. I think she's near bottom. Now let me clarify one thing, most SFIV characters are good, besides Dan and Vega, no one is horrible. I just feel that Cammy like most of the console characters are underdeveloped.

Cammy is definitely not top tier in the current game. I'm not sure anyone really believes that unless their definition of "top" tier is really, really loose. I would probably put her somewhere in the middle; good rushdown game, no damning match-ups, decent match-ups against the top-tiers. I'll agree with you that the console characters are not developed as well as the core characters, but it isn't always depth of game that gets you consistent wins, especially not in SF4. I feel like Rufus is a good example of this.

DR2K

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
That's my point.

Well his health is pretty much one mistake and it's over. He's a beast though if played to perfection, but no one is that perfect. Akuma can make a couple of mistakes before going down and has the handy teleport which can keep the opponent guessing on wakeup.

I remember watching Sabre's Seth and a Hl Abel go at it. The damage difference was hilarious.

Chris Hu is an average Ryu now? I know he's not Daigo, but lordy gee...

His performance didn't stand out to me. I haven't seen a full range of his matches to completely judge him, but in that match nothing stood out.

"Well his health is pretty much one mistake and it's over. He's a beast though if played to perfection, but no one is that perfect. Akuma can make a couple of mistakes before going down and has the handy teleport which can keep the opponent guessing on wakeup."

Seth has a teleport too, homie. And Akuma has like 50?-100 more health than akuma (Don't remember exactly offhand). That's not many more extra mistakes left.

DR2K

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Well his health is pretty much one mistake and it's over. He's a beast though if played to perfection, but no one is that perfect. Akuma can make a couple of mistakes before going down and has the handy teleport which can keep the opponent guessing on wakeup."

Seth has a teleport too, homie. And Akuma has like 50?-100 more health than akuma (Don't remember exactly offhand). That's not many more extra mistakes left.

It makes a enough of difference. It's really hard to judge Seth because he's such an underused/unusual character. If he were anywhere near as good as Akuma, HLP would want to exploit it though.

Sorry AZ Greg, can't really do anything interesting with that lag, and I know jack shit about Claw. I'm useless without my numbers anyway.

I need to check that kick you use as a setup for a throw, among other things.

Wallach

Teknopathetic said:

He does, but he doesn't quite have the damage output, especially the kind that comes with Akuma's B&B. He works more for the same KOs, imo.

AZ Greg

Holy Order Sol said:
Sorry AZ Greg, can't really do anything interesting with that lag, and I know jack shit about Claw. I'm useless without my numbers anyway.

I need to check that kick you use as a setup for a throw, among other things.

Just curious, where are you located? Just wondering if it's a distance thing or a problem with my/your internet. I know my bro is playing on GGPO, but other than that it should be good.

"He does, but he doesn't quite have the damage output, especially the kind that comes with Akuma's B&B. He works more for the same KOs, imo."

I would argue that seth trades Akuma's damage and offensive capabilities (though seth is still quite capable of being incredibly annoying on offense) for better keep out and a somewhat more reliable (at the cost of extreme damage) ultra setup. Whether that makes him overall as good as Akuma, I doubt.

The point is that he's still very good (if you're lame enough.)

AZ Greg said:
Just curious, where are you located? Just wondering if it's a distance thing or a problem with my/your internet. I know my bro is playing on GGPO, but other than that it should be good.

France, so most likely a distance thing. I've had decent matches with players located in the US before so I wanted to give it a try anyway.

Wallach

Teknopathetic said:
I would argue that seth trades Akuma's damage and offensive capabilities (though seth is still quite capable of being incredibly annoying on offense) for better keep out and a somewhat more reliable (at the cost of extreme damage) ultra setup. Whether that makes him overall as good as Akuma, I doubt.

That I can agree with. Trouble is those things just aren't worth as much generally because of the poor damage on his ultra, but he is definitely not a weak character. You just have to have thicker skin because you will get styled on sometimes when you make 1-2 mistakes in a row.

Anyone else having problems currently trying to play the NECX vids on frame advantage?

I keep getting a website certificate error.

Edit: It appears certain matches can be played, weak!

Edit: It appears they're all playing now, wtf Seb.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
2e5ib02.gif

DR2K said:
Most Cammy players feel that she's either low or mid tier.

Not sure where you get this. I've talked to all the best cammy players (you know, the one's whos opinions matter) personally along with Ed Ma and they all say she's outside of top tier, sitting at upper middle tier. You're just making stuff up now. I know most BAD cammy players think she's low/mid tier though....

Also, AuLord lost because he didn't anti air. And Chris Hu average?!:lol :lol Seriously, where are you coming from? Everytime you post about the game, you just show how much you don't know, and then you call Chris Hu average!? Also wtf are you talking about Cammy's AA fadc isn't safe?!?! Just think about it. I thought the cammy conversation was over, but then you go and spout some stupid shit. I can't even tell if you're being serious anymore or if this is a dumb sarcastic joke you're running.

elcapitan

Are there any adapters that let me use my PS3 joystick with the 360? Cause I don't really feel like buying another when I already have one.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
If anybody has been following the IGN EVO fiasco, it took about 4 months for IGN to post all the EVO 2009 matches they had. Plus apparently IGN "lost" some footage, so the stuff on the site is incomplete. Their attitude is basically "we posted everything we have, deal with it". I can't believe I paid money for this shoddy amateur hackjob. Go with a real company next time, Evo.

Luckily the EVO staff lifted the ban on uploading youtube videos, and some stuff has been trickling out. Especially the Alex Valle vs. Sabre match. Loses some of its hype without Dogface going crazy, but still awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZH1N81rhrk

FindMyFarms said:
and then you call Chris Hu average!?

Chris "You no Scared, I no scared!" Hu is average? facepalm.gif. I know it's not you saying it, but dude is like the #1 or #2 Ryu in the country (#1 is most likely Alex Valle possibly).

Glad to see SFIV win the best fighting game of the year (sort of). It was definitely my game of the year, as it was the only game I played this year. The only other games I bought were Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, Blaz Blue and KOF XII. I have a total of maybe an hour combined playing T6 and Blaz. And RE5 is still in the shrink wrap.

And it was pretty jacked up about the Evo footage. I didn't mind downloading it, but IGN only had top 8 for a long time. I went back a week or two ago and they had semis and random pool play. The thing is, it's hard to find the pool videos. It's a nightmare searching through it. I really wish SRK would've just sold the DVD. I wouldn't "mind" if FADC gets to stream it next year, but I'm worried they won't have all the matches (like NEC).

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Spiderjericho said:
And it was pretty jacked up about the Evo footage. I didn't mind downloading it, but IGN only had top 8 for a long time. I went back a week or two ago and they had semis and random pool play. The thing is, it's hard to find the pool videos. It's a nightmare searching through it. I really wish SRK would've just sold the DVD. I wouldn't "mind" if FADC gets to stream it next year, but I'm worried they won't have all the matches (like NEC).

Not sure what you mean by not having all the matches, of course only the featured screen will be recorded. The ustream / IGN coverage for EVO2009 doesn't have all the footage either, far from it. I would love if FADC streamed it, they have consistent quality and I'm sure seb would have all his recordings up within 2 weeks.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
SnowWolf said:
If anybody has been following the IGN EVO fiasco, it took about 4 months for IGN to post all the EVO 2009 matches they had. Plus apparently IGN "lost" some footage, so the stuff on the site is incomplete. Their attitude is basically "we posted everything we have, deal with it". I can't believe I paid money for this shoddy amateur hackjob. Go with a real company next time, Evo.

Luckily the EVO staff lifted the ban on uploading youtube videos, and some stuff has been trickling out. Especially the Alex Valle vs. Sabre match. Loses some of its hype without Dogface going crazy, but still awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZH1N81rhrk
Man that was such an amazing match. I remember my head fucking exploded when Sabre hurricane kicked over Valle's super and continued with the combo show. Dogface said it best cause that shit was straight "out of the matrix." Evo 09 was amazing. Let's just hope that next year they'll have a decent stream that actually runs more than 15fps.

SnowWolf said:
Not sure what you mean by not having all the matches, of course only the featured screen will be recorded.

During NEC, there was a disconnect between the event holders and FADC as far as what matches were being streamed. At one point, we were watching casuals or training mode while the tournament was still going on.

Whoever streams it needs to be sure of the internet setup. Evo's stream was poor in comparison to Devastation...and now NorCal Regionals.

FindMyFarms said:
I know most BAD cammy players think she's low/mid tier though....

I am terribad with Cammy, but I still think she's awesome high tier.

Oh and the Gootecks vs Sabre match was pretty dope too :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Cammy is terrible my ass. She's fucking awesome that's what she is. Maybe not godtier like Sagat but not terrible either. Still have doubts? Do yourself a favor and play FMF's Cammy as well. :lol
Why you so crispy with them links mang? haha

FUUUUUU
30-0
and that's cause I had to bounce but I'm sure it could've reached
100-0
. hahaha Can I officially claim Scrub King now?
I take my loses well though and like to think that I learn something from them, but when you're playing against players levels beyond yourself it's kinda tough. I still love it though, most played game this generation and still suck at it. :D

<3 <3 SF4 and can't freaking wait for SSF4.

Edit:
Also, shout-out to Mr. Miles. Your ken meets my gen. Any time, let's get it choppin'
Afterwards, Hagat.

kcxiv

This is like my 2nd or 3rd post on here. anyways, if anyone wants to game it up on xbox live let me know. I main Gen and i am pretty ok. lol kcxiv is gamertag.

Culinary

Man, who's the commentator in the NEC videos? He sounds really foreign. It's obvious he knows what he's talking about but he needs to calm down. Watching those videos really made me want to play, I'll be online for a few hours. XBL: TheCulinary

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've made the file size small enough to be hosted. It's a little bit over their limit but I managed to files hosted as big as 7mb. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:
I've made the file size small enough to be hosted. It's a little bit over their limit but I managed to files hosted as big as 7mb. :lol
Perhaps I wasn't being clear. You're using it as an avatar.

yurinka

Kadey said:
You can be banned if your avatar is too big. Check the rules before it's too late.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Not sure where you get this. I've talked to all the best cammy players (you know, the one's whos opinions matter) personally along with Ed Ma and they all say she's outside of top tier, sitting at upper middle tier. You're just making stuff up now. I know most BAD cammy players think she's low/mid tier though....

Also, AuLord lost because he didn't anti air. And Chris Hu average?!:lol :lol Seriously, where are you coming from? Everytime you post about the game, you just show how much you don't know, and then you call Chris Hu average!? Also wtf are you talking about Cammy's AA fadc isn't safe?!?! Just think about it. I thought the cammy conversation was over, but then you go and spout some stupid shit. I can't even tell if you're being serious anymore or if this is a dumb sarcastic joke you're running.

His performance was average in that match, yes.

If the tournament results don't reflect that then it's baseless conjecture. If she's as good as you say, show some results. Yeah I know console character, blah blah, we don't have the Jp to make our strategies for us, but we're pretty close to the next iteration of SFIV so something has got to give.

When did I say her AA fadc wasn't safe?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DR2K said:
I didn't mean that he was average. Only in that particular match.
But he's ranked pretty highly which is the real test of such things!

Kadey said:
Isn't it re sized to proper guidelines? If not, oh well. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I've changed it.
It was two fucking megabytes, Kadey. Avatars are to be no more than 150K. :p

Top Bottom