• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Damodar

Linkhero1 said:
I'm so proud of myself. I learned my first FADC :D

It's with Rufus and it took me a while since I suck. Ex-Messiah -> LK -> FADC -> Ultra

Took me a while to learn how execute Ultra right after FADC.

I've just started playing again and am getting a bit more serious about learning all the various systems and I've just learned my first as well :3

It's Ryu's Shoryuken -> FADC -> Ultra

Very basic compared to some others, but gotta start somewhere :D

Linkhero1 said:
I'm so proud of myself. I learned my first FADC :D

It's with Rufus and it took me a while since I suck. Ex-Messiah -> LK -> FADC -> Ultra

Took me a while to learn how execute Ultra right after FADC.
Nice yo.

Thats the easiest and best to start with. The hardest is cammys.. strict timing and you gotta be fast.. also using backdashes are just awkward.

Nose Master

Any video dumps of the hooters bar fight thing that was tonight?

And by tonight I mean the 11th... man I gotta check my email more often :lol

Damodar said:
I've just started playing again and am getting a bit more serious about learning all the various systems and I've just learned my first as well :3

It's Ryu's Shoryuken -> FADC -> Ultra

Very basic compared to some others, but gotta start somewhere :D
Why is Randy Pitchford your avatar? :lol

GJ btw.

Linkhero1

TurtleSnatcher said:
Nice yo.

Thats the easiest and best to start with. The hardest is cammys.. strict timing and you gotta be fast.. also using backdashes are just awkward.
When I was trying to do the dash after the focus attack I always ended up doing backdashes instead of forward dash, but I got it now.

I'm going to keep on practicing with him and see if I can do anything else.

@ Damodar: Yeah I haven't played this game in a while too so it was hard for me, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's really exciting once you learn how to do a FADC correctly :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Nice yo.

I have given up on doing Cammy's CS>FADC>ultra. I don't know why but I find it almost impossible to do when I am facing left. Pretty much have to wait until I can punish something or land a spin knuckle before I ultra :lol

Damodar

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea learning how to FADC is great. Makes even wakeup attacks less punishing on yourself :p

It's got me really excited about playing the game again, now I'm wanting to find out what all the characters can really do.

Why ISN'T Randy Pitchford your avatar? :lol

DR2K

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I have given up on doing Cammy's CS>FADC>ultra. I don't know why but I find it almost impossible to do when I am facing left. Pretty much have to wait until I can punish something or land a spin knuckle before I ultra :lol

The hard part isn't the back dash, but unlike Ryu's FADC ultra he can buffer his forward motion with his ultra. With Cammy I end up getting ex spike instead of ultra. I'm really struggling with her final challenge because of that. I want a Cammy icon so bad.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Majestros said:
Took all night but i wrote another one of these:

Street Fighter Footsies Handbook, Chapter 2

Maybe i should have spent a couple of weeks watching matches before starting this so it wouldn't take 8 hours to find good examples at the last minute. But it's too late to regret that now so i'm just gonna have to roll with 8-hour minutes.

good read maj..i was actually watching the B3 finals again after reading this..valle had a really deep bag of tricks..meaty jab fireball sweep cancel to fireball to walk up grab was godlike..and choi's roll setups were tight too..i know it wont happen but i cant help but wish that SSF4 played a bit faster and less floaty,i loved how fast alpha 2 was when it first came out..hell HDR felt light years faster when i recently played it again

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I went through Viper's challenge mode again last night. Originally took me months to get that shit, but I did it last night in 10 minutes. Feels good man.

I also went through Cammy's and got her level 5 on my 2nd try ;)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lost Fragment said:
I went through Viper's challenge mode again last night. Originally took me months to get that shit, but I did it last night in 10 minutes. Feels good man.

ive been at for months. still cant do a seismo -> burning kick.

V_Arnold

Lost Fragment said:

Well, how about THIS then?

Probably it is cause I switched to arcade stick, but I am still stuck at her 3rd hard trial. I cant memorize "okay, do all these stuffs CLEAN, then RUSH 2*QCF in the end, ending upwards" motions.

-COOLIO- said:
ive been at for months. still cant do a seismo -> burning kick.

Are you talking about the seismo -> bk in her trials? or just a plain one?

If the trials, I think you have to do a standing BK after SJCing the seismo, meaning you'd have to do it in the standing frames viper gets when she SJC's a move, not actually when she's in the air during her super jump.

I did her trials a longass time ago though, so I might be wrong on that, just going off the top of my head.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The ones in her normal trials can be done when she's in the air, but yeah, for her hard trials it has to be a standing burning kick.

Anyway, I still have problems with certain things on certain sides of the screen and it's annoying as fuck. I can hp -> ex seismo when I'm facing left every time, but when I'm facing the other way, I still have to mentally tell myself "hold df when you press the buttons or you're gonna get super, dumbass!"

Is there a reason why some people have trouble with some things they don't have trouble with facing the other direction?

Yama

Lost Fragment said:
Is there a reason why some people have trouble with some things they don't have trouble with facing the other direction?
Practice and play a lot? Seriously, not in a demeaning manner, but it's usually the only way to understand and naturally execute. The whole point of competitive fighters is to execute based on instinct, not think of something to execute. It's all situational.

And yeah, regarding C.Viper you have to SJC into the kick. They just wanted to make it all the more intricate. In game the combo is one of her b&b's, but you'll want to actually sj > burning kick > ultra. It gives you more time and distance in case you are starting a bit to the left or right of mid screen.

Threi

notag
Majestros said:
Took all night but i wrote another one of these:

Street Fighter Footsies Handbook, Chapter 2

Maybe i should have spent a couple of weeks watching matches before starting this so it wouldn't take 8 hours to find good examples at the last minute. But it's too late to regret that now so i'm just gonna have to roll with 8-hour minutes.
What a great coincidence this comes out because I was focusing on learning basic footsies above other shenanigans yesterday. Focusing on footsies exclusively I finally am able to see why people consider Bison a decent (well, according to Japan, above decent) char. At the same time though, Chun has more versatility during footsies and Balrog's really fast walk speed comes in handy.

qcf x2

Lost Fragment said:
The ones in her normal trials can be done when she's in the air, but yeah, for her hard trials it has to be a standing burning kick.

Anyway, I still have problems with certain things on certain sides of the screen and it's annoying as fuck. I can hp -> ex seismo when I'm facing left every time, but when I'm facing the other way, I still have to mentally tell myself "hold df when you press the buttons or you're gonna get super, dumbass!"

Pushing versus pulling, I suppose. And the super coming out is thanks to the stupid ez input system. Which is the reason I gave up on Viper's 5th hard trial many months ago. That and the stupid idea that I have to neutral SJ as opposed to forward SJ with the burning kick, even though both connect. Absolutely retarded.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yama said:
Practice and play a lot? Seriously, not in a demeaning manner, but it's usually the only way to understand and naturally execute. The whole point of competitive fighters is to execute based on instinct, not think of something to execute. It's all situational.

Not sure what this has to do with what you quoted at all.

Some new videos of G1 matches. Right now I'm pissed at my ISP, because my connection is fucked up. Getting a lot of packet loss which basically makes SF4 unplayable on live. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Mean while I have a limited chance to play in the arcades, but after that I need my connection back!

Here are the latest matches:

Vs. Sagat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YV_MpM7oWI

Vs. Vega/Claw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCip90r5gM

Vs. Abel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwHEH3IGif0

Lost Fragment said:

Congrats, I have them all done (both normal and hard). Viper's feels very satisfying once you complete it.

DD-11

Rocky_Balboa said:
Some new videos of G1 matches. Right now I'm pissed at my ISP, because my connection is fucked up. Getting a lot of packet loss which basically makes SF4 unplayable on live. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Mean while I have a limited chance to play in the arcades, but after that I need my connection back!

Vs. Sagat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YV_MpM7oWI

Vs. Vega/Claw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCip90r5gM

Vs. Abel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwHEH3IGif0

That's awful. No one wants to watch SFIV matches with the rocky theme playing.

Stantron

Finally made it to G-1 D over the weekend, using my main, Honda.
G-1 Finals record is 7-14 though. Going against a decent Guile/Chun player usually ends my runs. :/
I got a hate message from a Blanka player, "No imagination. No guts". Why so salty? :lol

BitchTits

Rocky_Balboa said:

I've had the same kind of problem the past few weeks, it made SF4 unplayable, so I gave up on it until SSF4 comes out.

In the match videos, glad you beat that Vega after he taunted! :lol

Okay, so I run into your garden variety shoto flowcharter, that likes to taunt, throw fireballs, and jumping back and running away. So naturally he backs himself into the corner like a dumbass, and I basically keep him in there by outpoking him and corner raping him. So he sends me this...

ljgwy.jpg

then I reply that he was the one who keeps jumping back and backing himself into the corner. In reply, he sends me this...

2i12loj.jpg

my reply "hahahahahaha" :lol

:-(

Grifter

i beat a taunting ken the other day, i'll past what he said after:

rematch imma thrash u lol

BotoxAgent said:
ggs to Grifter last night. God damn those demons! Wish i was able to put up a better fight :-(

ggs! some good fights. takes me a few games to adjust but i had a blast.

Grifter

bob_arctor said:
I actually played a bit last night at a friends house. No Gen though as he wasn't unlocked if you can believe that. Used Abel and felt like I had no idea what I was doing. Only going back to Honda set me straight since he's so basic. Been playing a lot of VF5 lately though so I think I'll send you an invite for the hell of it next time I see you on. Keep in mind there's no teleporting or air fireballs in that game though. ;-)

There may be some El Blaze in store for you. :D

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Gr1mLock said:
good read maj..i was actually watching the B3 finals again after reading this..valle had a really deep bag of tricks..meaty jab fireball sweep cancel to fireball to walk up grab was godlike..and choi's roll setups were tight too..i know it wont happen but i cant help but wish that SSF4 played a bit faster and less floaty,i loved how fast alpha 2 was when it first came out..hell HDR felt light years faster when i recently played it again
At that point, Valle was way ahead of the curve in terms of using meter. You see everyone else building up to lvl3 supers all the time and then trying to find a way to land it while their meter stops growing. Meanwhile Valle's throwing out lvl1 supers and customs all the time, with a new setup or trick every time. After a few matches it's just overwhelming trying to keep track of what's in that bag of tricks.

Best way to put it is "Valle figured out Alpha 2" way before anyone else did.

Anyway i hope SSF4 is a little faster too, but then again 3S is pretty slow too and nobody seems to mind that.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SF4 is FASTER than HDR in some ways, but slower in other ways.

When I go back to HDR I get this really insane feeling of it being way faster, but somehow slower at the same time. I lose my equilibrium.

Anyways, slower SF > fast SF. SF4 is the absolute perfect speed.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So when is GAF barfights gonna go down? Let's schedule this shit. Please still have your capture equipment, Turtle! Also, I think Finds vs. DR2K needs to happen with Finds picking Cammy!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
AZ Greg said:
Anyone want some matches on XBL in about 15 mins?

Dude, you should get PCCCCCCCC version if it goes on sale again. I want to play you but the disc drive on my xbox is fucked, and I don't know when I'm gonna be able to get to Best Buy to get a new one.

Turtle vs. Timedog

KillaSasa vs DR2K

FindmyFarms vs. DR2K

Wow, the lineup for GAF Bar Fights is coming along nicely. I remember seeing Haunts beef at someone who criticized the Nor Cal Regionals commentary, so maybe we can get him to participate too.

And then we can upload the file on Bittorrent or youtube.

imtehman said:
put me in this gaf barfights i am dooown, i'm on xbl though

You have to have beef with someone.

Turtle and Time went at it.

DR2K and Find go back and forth too.

Why don't you start talking smack about Saqs. Like his hands soooo greasy... Or his hair is so unkempt... His dog is such a mutt...

And bam...there we go. Our main event.

AZ Greg

Timedog said:
Dude, you should get PCCCCCCCC version if it goes on sale again. I want to play you but the disc drive on my xbox is fucked, and I don't know when I'm gonna be able to get to Best Buy to get a new one.

I want to, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with selling my PC and getting a laptop. If I go the laptop route it (the one I'd buy) won't be able to handle SF4. :(

I'm on now if anyone wants to go at it for a little while. XBL tag is the same as my GAF name.

imtehman

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
You have to have beef with someone.

Turtle and Time went at it.

DR2K and Find go back and forth too.

Why don't you start talking smack about Saqs. Like his hands soooo greasy... Or his hair is so unkempt... His dog is such a mutt...

And bam...there we go. Our main event.

now that you mentioned it, i never really liked that Saqs fella.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
BotoxAgent said:
Okay, so I run into your garden variety shoto flowcharter, that likes to taunt, throw fireballs, and jumping back and running away. So naturally he backs himself into the corner like a dumbass, and I basically keep him in there by outpoking him and corner raping him. So he sends me this...

http://i45.tinypic.com/ljgwy.jpg[IMG]

then I reply that he was the one who keeps jumping back and backing himself into the corner. In reply, he sends me this...

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2i12loj.jpg[IMG]

my reply "hahahahahaha" :lol

:-([/QUOTE]
Goddamn, I thought this shit was Live exclusive, I got one of those for the first time on PSN today.

Combos are hard as fuck on a DualShock, I thought it would be alright, maybe I need to get a grip on the timing.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Timedog said:
SF4 is FASTER than HDR in some ways, but slower in other ways.

When I go back to HDR I get this really insane feeling of it being way faster, but somehow slower at the same time. I lose my equilibrium.

Anyways, slower SF > fast SF. SF4 is the absolute perfect speed.

matter of preference..i got used to 4 like everyone else..its mainly the jump and walk speed, i wouldnt say its PERFECT like you did..but it definitely could have been worse

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WE should do some XBL or PC online mini tourney. Like a gathering, like Find did some time ago. Really, I haven't lost a fucking PC match since I bought the game and haven't touched the Xbox version. My skills are dulling. I need to get into competitive ASAP, maybe I should start looking for real-world tournaments =P

Oh mmaann, DR2k is gonna get a cammy train ran on him!

Cammy is really hard to play against when you know nothing about her, so we'll see how long DR2K can survive :p

Also, I'm going to go ahead and put it out there that Killasasa focus crumples him every single round with Cammy's "not good for her" FA. :lol :lol

It's such a good focus attack!

edit - DR2K you play rufus I'm guessing?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Oh mmaann, DR2k is gonna get a cammy train ran on him!

Cammy is really hard to play against when you know nothing about her, so we'll see how long DR2K can survive :p

HAHAHAHAHAHA

MIMIC

Banned
I played an Abel that turtled the entire match. I started to turtle back, which was completely out of character for me, but I got impatient at the wrong time. I'd rather win then let the fucking time run out. I fucked up once and killed me with an Ultra with ONE FUCKING SECOND LEFT.

Me: *please, don't let it kill me....please....please...please....OK, time is running out...let's go....6.........5..........4.........3..........2.........1..FUCK!*

That really pissed me off. I went ballistic on his ass and tore him a new one in the next 2 rounds.

And what's with people losing once and then quitting? Isn't legitimate competition supposed to be fun? Even if I rape a n00b, I'll still offer to play again. But if the match is one-sided again, I'll leave. Beating up newbies isn't fun, however.

Top Bottom