• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Believe It Or Not.

Fight or Flight.

Place your bets on the net.

GAF Bar Fights.

Time Dog vs. Turtle Snatcher

FindMyFarms vs. DR2K

imtehman vs. Saqs

Yeb vs. Gooteck's stick

The loser gets a year's worth of Morton's.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:
What kind of capture card do you use?

Some Hau pa somethingmajig.

I watched the archived of last Wednesday fight night whatever and whoever did that flying TE stick icon and smiling gootecks popping up after wards is a genius. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kadey said:
Some Hau pa somethingmajig.

I watched the archived of last Wednesday fight night whatever and whoever did that flying TE stick icon and smiling gootecks popping up after wards is a genius. :lol

Hauppauge? :p Is it the external unit or an actual card?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Relix said:
Man I hate this netcode :lol
Stop the random SRKs too goddamit =P. Do you know how many of those hit me? :lol

dude, a lot of those were accidental. Like you'd do some block string and I'd think I'd have like a frame in between something like a fireball > st. fierce string to srk you, but I wouldn't, and then after the st. fierce the dp i motioned in like 15-20 frames earlier comes out.

I did a couple random ultra's too. I was getting so pissed when my ultra wouldn't come out or that time i juggled into ultra and it fucking missed and then you just finished me off.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PC room, Den room, and Living room. Others are in my bedroom and guest rooms.

258ar2t.jpg

2vxf7zb.jpg

2v9x36r.jpg

Relix said:
WE should do some XBL or PC online mini tourney. Like a gathering, like Find did some time ago. Really, I haven't lost a fucking PC match since I bought the game and haven't touched the Xbox version. My skills are dulling. I need to get into competitive ASAP, maybe I should start looking for real-world tournaments =P

Ooh, sign me up then. Especially since I loaned my PS3 copy of SF4 to my cousin.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, was going down to the wire against Leunam's Abel, and I figured I needed whatever guaranteed damage I could muster and slapped an ultra onto my combo in the middle of the stage, sending him flying outside the punish range of his ultra...

...or so I thought. :(

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Oh mmaann, DR2k is gonna get a cammy train ran on him!

Cammy is really hard to play against when you know nothing about her, so we'll see how long DR2K can survive :p

Also, I'm going to go ahead and put it out there that Killasasa focus crumples him every single round with Cammy's "not good for her" FA. :lol :lol

It's such a good focus attack!

edit - DR2K you play rufus I'm guessing?

I know a few tricks with Cammy.

Not really a mod changed my avatar. Can I have my Cammy back if I'm a good boy for X-mas. :lol I usually alternate between Rose/Chun/Cammy.

haunts said:
Ohhhh yeah thats what I use too.. ^_^

I just got the Hauuppage PVR this month, I love how it doesn't create lag.

But I only record matches to watch what I'm doing wrong, not for youtube or whatever.

Threi

notag
Gr1mLock said:
word..im down for an xbl tournament
XBL really needs some love...the GAF XBL list is pretty much dead, anyone I see playing SF in my friends list is playing the PC version...

oh well whateva

Leunam

Hitokage said:
Haha, was going down to the wire against Leunam's Abel, and I figured I needed whatever guaranteed damage I could muster and slapped an ultra onto my combo in the middle of the stage, sending him flying outside the punish range of his ultra...

...or so I thought. :(

I was hoping it would work. I must have hit at the very end of your Ultra recovery. :)

And there you have it folks. FindMyFarms. :lol

GAF Bar Fights is going to be epic. Almost as epic as Gooteck w stick and Kanye w Taylor Swift.

I think the best thing to do if you're looking for matches is post in here or something. AZ Greg or Time Dog is always posting in here. I used to do that in the HD Remix thread, and it was the easiest way to get Eggo (where are you) to come whoop my butt.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Leunam said:
I was hoping it would work. I must have hit at the very end of your Ultra recovery. :)
There's a slight chance I might have been able to backdash.

I dunno, I've done it before with his ultra, but probably with a frame or two more in my favor.

Leunam

Hitokage said:
There's a slight chance I might have been able to backdash.

I dunno, I've done it before with his ultra, but probably with a frame or two more in my favor.

Chun has a pretty big backdash it seems. You can definitely get out of a situation and blast me in the legs with a sweep.

qcf x2

Man, idk how people play with the arcade stick on their lap. I went to a local scene here which featured a beastly Viper among other players, but I had my trusty Chun Stick and alas, no solid surface to use. So I try using my legs as a base and...no. Looked like a complete scrub, couldn't do the simplest things, probably won like 10-15% of my matches. How demoralizing....never underestimate the significance your own comfort zone, I guess.

Also the first time I played SF4 on an SDTV...coulldn't see what was going on half the time. :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
qcf x2 said:
Man, idk how people play with the arcade stick on their lap. I went to a local scene here which featured a beastly Viper among other players, but I had my trusty Chun Stick and alas, no solid surface to use. So I try using my legs as a base and...no. Looked like a complete scrub, couldn't do the simplest things, probably won like 10-15% of my matches. How demoralizing....never underestimate the significance your own comfort zone, I guess.

Also the first time I played SF4 on an SDTV...coulldn't see what was going on half the time. :lol
I started playing on my lap at home for that same reason.

GG's tonight Hitokage. Sucks that there were some spikes here and there but fun overall. I always like playing Chun players, gotta respect what they're working with. She's definitely the character I wish I knew how to play most but am hopeless in doing so.

V_Arnold

So, I have been practicing Viper's insta BK moves, and I am a bit confused.
The motion for an upwards BK (heavy one, ofc), should be this:
d,db,b,u+f+~k

But.... I am not sure if I have to do u+f and push kick together, or have a little bit of delay of pushing the kick button, just like with Viper's cancel motions. The most important thing to do these consistently is to have a harmony of your both hands, but I cant really settle with anything, cause once it feels like up should come before kick, and another time, I time to press both, and it comes out still... another time, it does not come out properly.

So, how do you do it?

V_Arnold said:
So, I have been practicing Viper's insta BK moves, and I am a bit confused.
The motion for an upwards BK (heavy one, ofc), should be this:
d,db,b,u+f+~k

But.... I am not sure if I have to do u+f and push kick together, or have a little bit of delay of pushing the kick button, just like with Viper's cancel motions. The most important thing to do these consistently is to have a harmony of your both hands, but I cant really settle with anything, cause once it feels like up should come before kick, and another time, I time to press both, and it comes out still... another time, it does not come out properly.

So, how do you do it?

Press the K right after the jump, because she has to be in the air for the SJ BK to actually come out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WEll guess it's time to do a SF4 tournament... at least those finish unlike another fighting franchise ,... >_>

Relix said:
WEll guess it's time to do a SF4 tournament... at least those finish unlike another fighting franchise ,... >_>

I know 360 doesn't have chat, but if you can get an IRC channel going then it should be easy to get them done in one sitting. The last 3 sf4 tourneys I ran start to finish in about an hour cuz of the psn chat, you just have to get everyone online at the same time.

I know they run 360 one sitting tourneys on SRK using IRC as well.

Damodar

ugh had a horrible day today, SF wise... Was struggling with all sorts of stuff that I was nailing yesterday... sadface :(

btw, total scrub question, but can somebody pretty please explain to me how to actually execute a kara throw with Ken? I was told it's cancelled from his f+mk, but I have no idea how to do it. I think I understand the concept, but I never actually learned any in SF3 etc, as I'm quite ashamed of how little effort I put in to learning to play that game... :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
I know 360 doesn't have chat, but if you can get an IRC channel going then it should be easy to get them done in one sitting. The last 3 sf4 tourneys I ran start to finish in about an hour cuz of the psn chat, you just have to get everyone online at the same time.

I know they run 360 one sitting tourneys on SRK using IRC as well.

Yeah this is what I am going to do. Already have the IRC channel. just need to check a good date and... BAAAM. Ill post the thread today.

"btw, total scrub question, but can somebody pretty please explain to me how to actually execute a kara throw with Ken? I was told it's cancelled from his f+mk, but I have no idea how to do it. I think I understand the concept, but I never actually learned any in SF3 etc, as I'm quite ashamed of how little effort I put in to learning to play that game... :("

What you're doing is using the movement frames of f+mk (the little step forward) to extend the throw range. But you only want the movement frames, so you press f+mk then immediately after (before the f+mk's active hitting frames) press lp+lk. It's a bit of a slightly delayed tap. Try having all 3 of your fingers over the buttons and roll from mk to lp+lk very quickly. Alternatively, have all your fingers over the buttons but have your mk finger lower than the other two and press down.

Damodar

Teknopathetic said:
What you're doing is using the movement frames of f+mk (the little step forward) to extend the throw range. But you only want the movement frames, so you press f+mk then immediately after (before the f+mk's active hitting frames) press lp+lk. It's a bit of a slightly delayed tap. Try having all 3 of your fingers over the buttons and roll from mk to lp+lk very quickly. Alternatively, have all your fingers over the buttons but have your mk finger lower than the other two and press down.

Ah, thanks! That's what I thought it was. I guess I wasn't doing it quick enough, which I kinda suspected :p

Threi

notag
qcf x2 said:

Using a stick (especially if it's light) on your lap is a test in patience. I'm thinking of adding weights to my stick just so it doesn't shift around when I play.

qcf x2

Yeah man, I have a modded Hori EX2 so it's about the lightest stick you can use for SF4. :-\

I need zero movement (arcade style) to be able to play my best, and in my lap it was just a complete exercise in frustration. The funny thing is that I can actually use it that way at my house, but only because I have one of those angled/reclined chairs that elevates my legs a bit.

But last night when I went to the offline get together, man it was horrible. Hitting the angles was mission impossible, so Viper was out of the question, but unfortunately that's who I was stuck with (since they asked at the beginning for me to pick one character to use for the night). Also since my hands weren't at my normal angle (big hands), I got more EX moves from trying to feint than I get in 2 bar matches online. Horrible, I might as well have been playing with a racing wheel! :lol

ReiGun

Two lessons learned today: 1. Stop playing with red bar connections just cause you're bored and 2. Be more patient. Played a super flowchart Ryu (did nothing but jump around the stage like some drugged up monkey and shoot fireballs the whole match) this morning with unbearable lag. Ended up just doing stupid shit and taking an L because I got bored and frustrated trying to chase him.

And then salt goes in wound when he sends me this:

Ha Ha Ha!! u suk!! way to use ur spmove every chance u get sorryass loser, leaqrn how to play bozo lamo u suk!! thanks for wasting my time and being a crappy host...damn u suk, ur patethic and u sukk...ahahahahah

I gotta stop sucking at this game. :lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
That quote above makes me want to stop playing this game online forever.
The worst thing is that's not even as bad as it gets...

I feel your pain. Good on ya for having a laugh about it though =)

Top Bottom