• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi said:
Using a stick (especially if it's light) on your lap is a test in patience. I'm thinking of adding weights to my stick just so it doesn't shift around when I play.

The TE is pretty heavy.

As far as weight (not going of SDTekken weights) but recollection TE>HRAP>MadcatzSE>EX2.

The EX2 is hella light. It will shift in your lap. But...I like the EX2 because of the button layout. If I could mod, I'd definitely throw in a Sanwa and buttons (and change out the retarded sticker).

TE is a trooper. It won't really shift plus you can rest your wrists on it. Also, going to a tourney, the cable compartment comes in handy.

ReiGun said:
Two lessons learned today: 1. Stop playing with red bar connections just cause you're bored and 2. Be more patient. Played a super flowchart Ryu (did nothing but jump around the stage like some drugged up monkey and shoot fireballs the whole match) this morning with unbearable lag. Ended up just doing stupid shit and taking an L because I got bored and frustrated trying to chase him.

And then salt goes in wound when he sends me this:

I gotta stop sucking at this game. :lol

LOL, what a punk! I can't stand scrubs who jump around the stage like "drugged up monkey's." Sometimes I just have my Rog just stand there (no taunting, nothing) and watch the stupidity from the other player.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jumping all the time is a hard habit to break for somebody starting out. It's obvious that you need to get around fireballs, but not as obvious that staying in the air leaves you unable to block.

Threi

notag
Spiderjericho said:
The TE is pretty heavy.

As far as weight (not going of SDTekken weights) but recollection TE>HRAP>MadcatzSE>EX2.

The EX2 is hella light. It will shift in your lap. But...I like the EX2 because of the button layout. If I could mod, I'd definitely throw in a Sanwa and buttons (and change out the retarded sticker).

TE is a trooper. It won't really shift plus you can rest your wrists on it. Also, going to a tourney, the cable compartment comes in handy.
I ain't rocking any of those bro:

24ayd8w.jpg

Modded SNES stick. All plastic, light as hell.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
OK, seriously, you guys have to watch this match. I know it's not SF4, but you can learn a lot from watching this CVS2 match. Just shows how serious and clutch some players are out there. This is probably one of the best SF matches I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_eleFvonXM

Oh yeah also further proves my point that CAMMY SUCKS IN SF4. She is just a shell of her former self. :D

vocab

haunts said:
OK, seriously, you guys have to watch this match. I know it's not SF4, but you can learn a lot from watching this CVS2 match. Just shows how serious and clutch some players are out there. This is probably one of the best SF matches I've ever seen.

I watched it live with commentary and audience reaction. That match was crazy shit, and no one expected that. Cvs2 is always amazing to watch.

Gr1mLock said:
well to be fair cvs2 cammy did have the walk speed of sonic the hedgehog

nah K groove is where cammy shines because of her run and damage output when raged. Plus short hop shenanigans. But she pretty much has the best pokes period.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ReiGun said:
Two lessons learned today: 1. Stop playing with red bar connections just cause you're bored and 2. Be more patient. Played a super flowchart Ryu (did nothing but jump around the stage like some drugged up monkey and shoot fireballs the whole match) this morning with unbearable lag. Ended up just doing stupid shit and taking an L because I got bored and frustrated trying to chase him.

And then salt goes in wound when he sends me this:

I gotta stop sucking at this game. :lol

I try my best to bear with it. One frame link combos (long string combos as well) are pretty much a no no online. Even though I know that I try and do them and get punished. I lose a lot of my online matches like that. It's frustrating but there is nothing you can do. It's like many people already stated. Once you get the timing of combos and stuff being second nature, it' easier to notice the lag.

K.Sabot

This goddamn game's going to give me playstation blisters again.

Haven't had that since Street Fighter Ex + Alpha.

Looking for a match: PSN - StuffedTiger

haunts said:

Oh yeah also further proves my point that CAMMY SUCKS IN SF4. She is just a shell of her former self. :D

Another cammy hater?! Just added to gaf bar fights! :

Haunts vs. KillaSasa

Oh norcal and cvs2, speaking of, do you know a black Larry? He was in town the other day.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
wut!? im retired from SF4. :D

I dont know black Larry from NorCal unless he goes by something else.

buk is moving back tho apparently, yay.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:

Wating for SSFIV huh?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yah, waiting for super. I spend most of my practice time playing Tekken 6 now.

btw, quick heads up, we will be streaming Keystone Weakly Scambats this coming Friday. Ricky O, John Choi, Magus, all those fools will be on the stream and maybe some special guests. We had the first Scambat this Friday and it was a lot of fun. I'll post the link once its live unless something goes horribly horribly wrong. I hate speaking too soon when it comes to streams. :p

haunts said:

Yeah he gave up his management position at his company last week.

Noooooooo :(

T_T

He said he wouldn't be doing it anytime soon though.

And stop ducking the fight!

Nikashi

Banned
Okay so I'm picking up the stick Wednesday morning, I dunno if I'm gonna go to sleep right after or play for a bit, but I wanna try out my Abel with a FUNCTIONING stick.

So hit me up for a game if anyone sees me online Wednesday :)

RedAssedApe

Banned
If anyone is interested in some player matches in about a hour please msg me:

xbl: henhowc

I am in Los Angeles in case you're a stickler about your bar connections. :)

haunts said:

Man I miss cvs2. I wish they had put this(or 3S) on psn/xbl instead of lame-o mvc2.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is "Remy Wil" the username of someone on GAF? It sounds really familiar. Just had some awesome games vs. his Guile. I've never been reversal ultra'ed on a cross up attempt by Guile before today! Good stuff.

AZ Greg

Just started messing with Fuerte tonight. He's pretty fun. To the people who use him, what's the best option when someone is backdashing a lot?

K.Sabot

AZ Greg said:
Just started messing with Fuerte tonight. He's pretty fun. To the people who use him, what's the best option when someone is backdashing a lot?

You can catch some characters with a guacamole leg throw, specifically sagats.

But you gotta be bitchin' crazy to do it right.

Threi

notag
AZ Greg said:
(very) late tostada press, run > slide, run > stop > slide

most people tend to do one of 3 things fighting fuerte:

1. backdash like mad (the above)
2. FA like mad (fajita buster)
3. Jumpback like mad (run > stop > hk/ex guac)

AZ Greg said:
just slide.. not run slide.. but slide.

Its so damn safe since it gives a great frame advt at the end of it to fuerte.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Does his shitty slide have some weird properties where it "catches" the opponent before it looks like it should with the animation? I try to DP that slide and I get hit with it most of the time despite doing it really early.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I know I'm not making a controversial statement here but goddamn I hate auto correct. EX hooligan went over a Sagat's head and his ultra auto corrected and nailed me :(

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
Does his shitty slide have some weird properties where it "catches" the opponent before it looks like it should with the animation? I try to DP that slide and I get hit with it most of the time despite doing it really early.
you would try to dp the slide.

:p

Top Bottom