• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Welcoming of the Visitors Thread - V on ABC, every Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Even though they promise all kinds of wonderful stuff, there's still considerably less hostility towards the Vs than there oughta be.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Marty Chinn said:
I find it funny that Scott Wolf is being referred to as the Michael J Fox look alike rather than the Party of Five guy. :lol

Eff that, this is a gaming forum. He's the Double Dragon Dude!

Vyer

Even though it's like 'awesome space ship tour!' I don't think I'd be that eager to get herded into the mothership.

EDIT: oh shit it's Mass Effect

EDIT EDIT: oh shit isn't that supergirl?

Vyer said:
Even though it's like 'awesome space ship tour!' I don't think I'd be that eager to get herded into the mothership.

EDIT: oh shit it's Mass Effect

EDIT EDIT: oh shit isn't that supergirl?

I forget who gets to go aboard on the ship tour. In the original it was press, and I thought it was the same here. If so, you don't think the press wouldn't be stabbing each other over being the first one on board?

SpeedingUptoStop

What is the deal with the constant half smirk thing going on with all the actors whenever they're pleasantly surprised? It's weird.

Again with the wanting to fuck Aliens! Come on! they're aliens!

Vyer

Marty Chinn said:
I forget who gets to go aboard on the ship tour. In the original it was press, and I thought it was the same here. If so, you don't think the press wouldn't be stabbing each other over being the first one on board?

yeah the press would. though I'd imagine it would be a pretty detailed, well guarded excursion

I don't remember the original either, even though I know I used to watch it with my parents. Man it seems like a long time ago

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SpeedingUptoStop said:
What is the deal with the constant half smirk thing going on with all the actors whenever they're pleasantly surprised? It's weird.

Again with the wanting to fuck Aliens! Come on! they're aliens!

Have you never seen Star Trek? If William Shatner is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

SpeedingUptoStop

lol, what a jackass, wheelchair guy.

"lemme just wheel myself in here for no reason....and SURPRISE MOFOS I CAN WALK".

SpeedingUptoStop

I'm not really liking this kid actor. It's like a hook is pulling the right side of his face when ever he wants to emote.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I'm not really liking this kid actor. It's like a hook is pulling the right side of his face when ever he wants to emote.

I'm not really liking any of the actors so far. Halfway through, I don't get why there was such buzz around this show after the pilot was leaked.

Why is this story moving so quickly? I like how they are already calling them Vs in the fucking fourth scene of the entire show. They also needed to play up the culture shock before suddenly jumping to people jumping on shuttles and heading up the motherships like it's a trip to an amusement park.

Teknoman

DoctorWho said:
Why is this story moving so quickly? I like how they are already calling them Vs in the fucking fourth scene of the entire show. They also needed to play up the culture shock before suddenly jumping to people jumping on shuttles and heading up the motherships like it's a trip to an amusement park.

I just asked this question while we were watching this. I wasnt around for the original, but I dont think any alien show moves this fast.

DoctorWho said:

There's a good reason why they're pushing it so quickly I think. You'll probably see why by the end of tonight's episode cuz I don't think you could introduce that without advancing it along.

SpeedingUptoStop said:

2uqlvt4.png

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
ugh freaking local ABC affiliate was running election results over the translated text from Anna.

SpeedingUptoStop

Shard said:
Clearly this is a show that has places to be.
They bizarrely glossed over all of the technological advancements in a couple lines of dialogue in favor of speeding right towards the C4 subplot.

What is up with this black couple? God damn.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I vividly remember seeing the original series when I was a kid. Thought it was pretty intense at the time.

Spoiler...
the Visitors are not what they pretend to be.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
DoctorWho said:

yeah. i don't like the pacing of the show so far.

Shard said:
Clearly this is a show that has places to be.

It's a great example of rushed and disjointed storytelling. The original started with a friggin mini series and it took its time to actually setup the world these characters inhabit and the impact Vs had on society. It's 8:30 and we've jumped through all of that.

B.K.

Topher said:
I'm also sick of seeing aliens that look identical to us.

If it's going to be the same as the original V,
the aliens are really giant lizards in human disguises.

Marty Chinn said:
There's a good reason why they're pushing it so quickly I think. You'll probably see why by the end of tonight's episode cuz I don't think you could introduce that without advancing it along.

I really hope they aren't already going to show what I think they are going to show. If so, the entire first season could have built up to that moment.

Is it
Lizard faces?
:lol :lol

I hope it isn't.

esbern

DoctorWho said:

this pace is great, its better than fucking lost which takes forever to do anything

DoctorWho said:
I really hope they aren't already going to show what I think they are going to show. If so, the entire first season could have built up to that moment.

Is it
Lizard faces?
:lol :lol

I hope it isn't.

Yes, but... well I guess you'll see soon enough.

Edit: Plus a lot of people would be disappointed if they took a season to that. Good for new people, drawn out for fans.

Vyer

esbern said:
please don't ever write a tv show in your life. this pace is great, its better than fucking lost which takes forever to do anything

countering one extreme with another really never works

esbern said:
please don't ever write a tv show in your life. this pace is great, its better than fucking lost which takes forever to do anything
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You realize they probably want to get five seasons out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom