• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Welcoming of the Visitors Thread - V on ABC, every Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Is it just me, or is something up with the sound? Maybe its just my cable provider, but some points it seems like the people are just mouthing the words, yet music remains at normal volume :lol

Costanza

Banned
Any issues with this that I have are alleviated by the fact that it's a fucking pilot. They've gotta move fast, cover a lot of ground and get people hooked by the end. I'm sure the next episodes will be slowed down and develop the characters more (though they're already better than anyone on FF)

Shard said:
I am hoping this terrorism subplot has an actual connection to the actual plot.

And to the blackout.

Oh wait, wrong show.

Costanza said:
Any issues with this that I have are alleviated by the fact that it's a fucking pilot. They've gotta move fast, cover a lot of ground and get people hooked by the end. I'm sure the next episodes will be slowed down.

Some of the best pilots I've seen take their sweet time. I don't mind putting in a little extra to get people hooked but this is far too rushed. Why did they start calling the visitors Vs? Why were the governments of the world so quick to setup something like an ambassador program? The first landing of the Visitors should have been a bigger event (original had the Star Wars theme playing :lol ). Setup the fucking majesty of FIRST CONTACT and that should get people hooked enough.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Teknoman said:
Is it just me, or is something up with the sound? Maybe its just my cable provider, but some points it seems like the people are just mouthing the words, yet music remains at normal volume :lol

I think that was part of the show.

WTF? Why is my local station showing me election coverage? Show me V!!!!

The amount of CG in this show is amazing, and noticable.

Teknoman

dskillzhtown said:
I think that was part of the show.

WTF? Why is my local station showing me election coverage? Show me V!!!!
The amount of CG in this show is amazing, and noticable.

lol same here.

Costanza said:
Any issues with this that I have are alleviated by the fact that it's a fucking pilot. They've gotta move fast, cover a lot of ground and get people hooked by the end. I'm sure the next episodes will be slowed down.

Some of the best pilots I've seen take their sweet time. I don't mind putting in a little extra to get people hooked but this is far too rushed. Why did they start calling the visitors Vs? Why were the governments of the world so quick to setup something like an ambassador program? The first landing of the Visitors should have been a bigger event (original had the Star Wars theme playing :lol ). Setup the fucking majesty of FIRST CONTACT and that should get people hooked enough.

Yup, I think the real problem I'm having here is that FIRST CONTACT with an alien species is so matter-of-fact. Besides being rushed, these characters are not acting in a realistic manner.

DoctorWho said:

The first landing didn't have the Star Wars theme. That was when one of the first ships was coming down bringing workers down to a factory. It was a welcoming of them. The first landing was different in the original series.

Pimpwerx

Is there gonna be an encore? I only caught the last 10 minutes of it, but I loved the original. I don't remember anyone mentioning the reptilian skin this early in the original. PEACE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"If you could speak to the protesters, what would you say?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, there are protesters against us? Funny. You'd think they would have shown something like that on-screen"

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I really would've appreciated a suicide bomber get onto the V ship in this pilot. That would've elevated this pilot a lot. There is just no hostility outside of this gang scene playing right now. This is the most passive interpretation of mankind I've ever seen.

Marty Chinn said:
The first landing didn't have the Star Wars theme. That was when one of the first ships was coming down bringing workers down to a factory. It was a welcoming of them. The first landing was different in the original series.

Shit, the last time I saw it was about 5 years ago. Thanks for the correction. I still remember it being a bigger deal.

Vyer

so, so far the aliens are

super popular, want to bring 'hope' to the world, and create universal healthcare

and

are terrorists.

:lol who wrote this show again?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The biggest problem this pilot has is that it seems to assume everyone knows what happened in the original V.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
The biggest problem this pilot has is that it seems to assume everyone knows what happened in the original V.

I don't think that's the case here. What knowledge from the original is needed here?

okno

I'm going to keep watching this to see if things change for the better, but this is some awful, awful, awful shit. My god, whatever happened to subtlety?

gdt

Okay! I liked that.

I hope this doesn't play the old "who is a V game" over and over. I fucking hate shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom