• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Fucking rad....

I swear to God, some companies just have no common sense.

Gameplay Always comes first. Always.

I could already see the review headlines a mile away. Urghh. Hopefully rad survives this.

I knew this was going to get torn apart by the critics. It's just not the sort of game reviewers like anymore. If this had come out a few years back, I honestly think it'd be getting 8's instead

I still fully expect to like it though, and for it to sell well.

This is great.

order_score.gif

From Videogamer's review.

How profesional

Hupsel

Damn... looks like its a typical game to appeal to the graphic crowd and to show the power of a new gen machine. Disappointing.

Empty

sounds like the new lair

previously talented developer fumbles their own ip. hope ready at dawn don't get shut down.

6.5 from IGN?

I guess they were one of the reviewers that just misunderstood the dev's intentions and reviewed the game for what it wasn't?

Or maybe the game wasn't the reviewers cup of tea with an emphasis on being a cinematic experience and not focusing on what matters most which is the gameplay.

How can a game that gorgeous with such an interesting and different setting be so bad!? 5 out of 10?!! That is terrible for a AAA game. Up your game Sony. What is it with a lot of their games failing to impress on the gameplay front? I mean 5? God damn. Killzone as well... Too much focus on graphics or something?

For the record I will still pick this game up sometime down the line.

chualie

I was expecting it to get at least 7.5-8's but it seems this should have been a last-gen game :(

Guess I'll spend my money during March.

Well on the bright side if there is a sequel they can learn from this experience. Next game needs more freedom, reasons to replay like unlockables and some multiplayer.

Ledhead

Fully expected this game to take a thrashing. It definitely lacks what most would probably consider necessary for a triple A these days, but fuck it, i'm pumped, and can't wait for my copy to come tomorrow

WITHE1982

Shit! I was looking forward to The Order 1986 as a sequel as well.

Commiserations RAD. Still no one is knocking the astounding visuals. Gotta take the positives dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom