• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/77YxC.jpg[img]

That Melancholia poster is beautiful; hope I get paid before Friday![/QUOTE]

So awesome. Did the ink smear though? Looks like the lettering got a bit dirty.. that's a bummer. :( This poster just made me realize that after buying Hugo off eBay the other day I don't have enough to buy Olly's Zelda print in case it goes on sale. Doh!

Also in love with the Melancholia poster but having not seen it (rented it on Amazon but didn't get around to watching it in the rental window.. doh), I don't really feel any attachment to it.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
So awesome. Did the ink smear though? Looks like the lettering got a bit dirty.. that's a bummer. :( This poster just made me realize that after buying Hugo off eBay the other day I don't have enough to buy Olly's Zelda print in case it goes on sale. Doh!

Also in love with the Melancholia poster but having not seen it (rented it on Amazon but didn't get around to watching it in the rental window.. doh), I don't really feel any attachment to it.

Nah. It just looks like that up close. I thought the same thing when I first unwrapped it, but if you take a few steps back it looks like the rest of the poster.

HTuran

As vitaminwateryum said. It looks that way due to all the airbrush layers going on. Looks fantastic in person.

CvxIEl.jpg

And yeah, I'm paranoid as hell about missing the Zelda print. Incredibly lucky and happy to have finally gotten one of his prints, but to have both the Mario and Zelda would be mind-blowing!

HTuran

FUCKING YES HOLY BALLS

All gone, and no oversell this time! Surprise timing seems to work quite well.

I'm the luckiest bastard. Literally finished work, went on twitter.com and freaked the fuck out.

77YxC.jpg

That Melancholia poster is beautiful; hope I get paid before Friday!

Still waiting for mine, hope it gets here soon.

Glad to see some here score the Zelda, I was caught by surprise and did not know there will be a drop so I missed it by an hour or so. No biggie though as I am a much much larger fan of Mario. :)

I wonder if Moss will have some AP of Zelda left for sale in the future though, if I do get one, it has got to be the Golden edition since I didn't get the the Red Mario Variant.

I haven't been able to access this site since it went up. Did it die or something?

Moss deletes the HTML shortly after it sells out. :)
Unless you mean you could not access it right after it was up, then it was probably due to lag from the traffic. ;p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Moss deletes the HTML shortly after it sells out. :)
Unless you mean you could not access it right after it was up, then it was probably due to lag from the traffic. ;p

Ah, sucks to be me then. I checked it shortly after it was tweeted :(

Meier

Ah, sucks to be me then. I checked it shortly after it was tweeted :(

It sold out in at most 5 minutes but probably less. He said there wasn't a rash of overorders though due to the fact that he dropped it without any advance notice. I was slowly reading up my Twitter timeline and got to a few minutes too late. :(

When I tried to buy one at 12:05 I got a notification my item was sold out when I went to check out. Had hope for a second only to be crushed..

We can only hope for him to do a small run of APs at this point like the Totoro set (which I missed out on both times... now looking to spend over $600 to get the Variant).

omgkitty

I completely forgot about the LoZ prints and am really mad I don't have one. One of these days my dream of owning a Moss print will happen.

I don't even bother anymore to try and get anything Olly, it's basically voodoo magic luck to get through the rush and snag anything, I've always failed any time I've tried.

Riptwo

Seriously, Riptwo, I owe you one.

I'll try to hook you up with something if the opportunity arises.

S'cool, man. Meier already helped one of my friends acquire a Mondo Drive print, so the thread's already been a big help!

And I know how much it sucks to miss out on prints (I had Moss's Star Wars set in my cart, and PayPal wouldn't believe that my phone number was the right format!), but by following this thread and some artists on Twitter, I'm pretty sure that anyone here can get some cool artwork. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

omgkitty

S'cool, man. Meier already helped one of my friends acquire a Mondo Drive print, so the thread's already been a big help!

And I know how much it sucks to miss out on prints (I had Moss's Star Wars set in my cart, and PayPal wouldn't believe that my phone number was the right format!), but by following this thread and some artists on Twitter, I'm pretty sure that anyone here can get some cool artwork. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

There would be a fist sized hole in something had that happened to me. Such bad luck as those are 3 of my favorite posters ever and didn't have any money at the time. It's actually how I found out about Mondo, too.

megateto

The same happened to me but I lost it due to a crappy 3g connection :(.

I think most of us went through similar with the Olly prints and having it in your cart in stock and then technical issues with the horde screwing you. It basically is just all luck no matter how quick you get in on it. You could be one of the first to try and check out, but random server traffic will basically screw you..... the Olly lotery.

Got my James Davis Robocop today, beatufiul piece that actually looks like it's 3D the way it was done with the metallic inks and color choices. Also love the little text at the bottom "I'd buy this poster for a dollar!"

From EB

RSDMR.jpg

This was for sale at the gallery. I like The Iron Giant so I actually want it, even though I wouldn't know what to do with it. Thankfully it's cost is more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Mondo has a Spider Gremlin piece like that. It looks great, but I have the same problem of not knowing what to do with it.

Oh, and BattleMonkey, that ROBOCOP poster is soooooooo awesome.

lush

Melancholia was the first one I was going to go for. All set up and everything. Gone in 3 minutes. Damn....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom