• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

Melancholia was the first one I was going to go for. All set up and everything. Gone in 3 minutes. Damn....

Those prints were very nice looking. I couldn't justify it as I haven't seen the film yet though. I'm a little weary after Antichrist..

omgkitty

Those prints were very nice looking. I couldn't justify it as I haven't seen the film yet though. I'm a little weary after Antichrist..

From what I have heard, Melancholia is the von Trier film for people who don't like von Trier. TBH I never saw Antichrist but Melancholia was a very good film.

I was on when they went up, got them in my cart but didn't pull the trigger... because I never saw the film. Rather someone have a chance at it who might have actually seen the movies lol

The Wrath of Khans were exclusive to the gallery opening, none are going to be online anytime correct?

I was on when they went up, got them in my cart but didn't pull the trigger... because I never saw the film. Rather someone have a chance at it who might have actually seen the movies lol

The Wrath of Khans were exclusive to the gallery opening, none are going to be online anytime correct?

Via Mondo 0. But half the run will be available soon.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Frames came in today :D

DGT13.jpg

Need to go to Lowe's tomorrow to buy some glass for Mario.

Also, these came in today too. Didn't think they'd get here so soon. Need to figure out if I want to do anything special for the framing or not.

What kind of glass / plexi do you guys use for your prints? How much does UV actually affect the prints? I will be hanging them up in my computer room which usually have the blinds closed so there won't be direct sunlight for most of the time.

I am going to get a couple of my grails in most likely in the next week or two so I am hoping to frame them up as soon as possible. I want to go to a custom frame shop here in Vancouver, but I am afraid that the price will be almost as expensive as my posters.

3/22/2012:

Gigantor: The Lab by Laurent Durieux

file.php

Hand numbered edition of 150. 18" x 24". Printed by D&L Screen printing. $65.

Plus, a T-28 Metal Edition of 10. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansion.com/ @ a random time.

--

Gigantor: Tokyo Night by Laurent Durieux

file.php

Hand numbered edition of 75. 18" x 24". Printed by D&L Screen printing. $100.

Plus, a T-28 Metal Edition of 10. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansion.com/ @ a random time.

omgkitty

So with Mondo releasing the remaining posters from their gallery opening this week, does anyone have a list of what is currently still available? I would kill to get a hold of one of those Brazil prints.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
someone, post a new pic of a recent buy

I finally got my Totoro print back from a custom framing shop, and it looks awesome, but I'm leaving it wrapped up until I move to my new apartment in a couple of months. Will definitely post pics then.

I wish I had the money to splurge on museum glass. It's literally invisible. Craziness.

3/23/2012:

Edgar Wright Live! by Kevin Tong

6856054408_72db6858e3_o.jpg

Screen print. available only if you attend the event. Details here: http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2012...thouse-presents-edgar-wright-live-the-poster/

Tickets here: http://drafthouse.com/movies/scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_dinner_party_w_edgar_wright

So with Mondo releasing the remaining posters from their gallery opening this week, does anyone have a list of what is currently still available? I would kill to get a hold of one of those Brazil prints.

From the top of my head, sourcing EB:

Brazil - ansin
Wrath of Khan - Stout
Fantastic Planet - Horkey
Forbidden Planet - Tong
Duck Dodgers - Whalen
Lord Necronomicon - Godmachine

Likely some others too. No variants left though.

omgkitty

3/23/2012:

Edgar Wright Live! by Kevin Tong

6856054408_72db6858e3_o.jpg

Screen print. available only if you attend the event. Details here: http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2012...thouse-presents-edgar-wright-live-the-poster/

Tickets here: http://drafthouse.com/movies/scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_dinner_party_w_edgar_wright

From the top of my head, sourcing EB:

Brazil - ansin
Wrath of Khan - Stout
Fantastic Planet - Horkey
Forbidden Planet - Tong
Duck Dodgers - Whalen
Lord Necronomicon - Godmachine

Likely some others too. No variants left though.

I absolutely love that Edgar Wright poster. I really need to just move to Austin so I can be near Mondo and get all the cool stuff.

Meier

Happy to say that I'll be at one of the Edgar Wright screenings and will absolutely make an effort to get one of the prints. I hope they don't sell out on day 1.. I'm going to Shaun of the Dead on the second day.

Edit: Emailed them and asked about the supply and they said it won't sell out on Day 1. Woohoo! No specific number available mentioned though.

The problem with the Ming piece is that unless you're rich enough to justify having a giant portrait of Ming the effing Merciless, it's going to look super out of place. That being said, I wish I was rich enough to justify having a giant portrait of the emperor of Mongo. :(

Also, the process for the Ming portrait is up on the Mondo blog. It's pretty damn awesome.

People who would buy Ming likely have lot of pop culture art and really it's not going to look out of place.

Mondo just put up all the awesome posters including the brazil which I didn't manage to score.

BUT

forbidden-main.jpg

scored the forbidden planet one. :O

Item ID ITEMS PRICE QTY TOTAL
453 Forbidden Planet $45.00 1 $45.00
0001TUBE Shipping Tube $0.00 1 $0.00
Subtotal: $45.00
Discount(s): $0.00
Taxes:
$0.00
Shipping:
$25.00
TOTAL: $70.00

:)

I would have gotten brazil but his site gave me "your webbrowser doesn't accept cookie errors". :'(

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Mondo just put up all the awesome posters including the brazil which I didn't manage to score.

BUT

forbidden-main.jpg

scored the forbidden planet one. :O

:)

I would have gotten brazil but his site gave me "your webbrowser doesn't accept cookie errors". :'(
Grats. Yeah, their site is definitely acting funky since the upgrade.

Yeah, I had the option to buy drive too but I didn't really ... want it because it didn't look great.

the dad's face in that Modern family post is also a bit funny.

20110710_555_ty-burrell.jpg

omgkitty

it was gone in seconds. I swear I would have scored one if not for the cookies error.. pissed me the fuck off. It is amazing that brazil one.

I even have one of those page notifiers loaded up in Chrome that checks for an update on the page every 5 seconds. I swear I don't think I'll ever get a hold of a Mondo print that I want.

it was gone in seconds. I swear I would have scored one if not for the cookies error.. pissed me the fuck off. It is amazing that brazil one.

They REALLY need to do something about their site's traffic capacity. So many posters lost because the page craps out on me :( I JUMPED on that Jurassic Park one the SECOND the tweet was sent out, and two page load/cookies errors later, it's gone.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
There are a couple Brazils up on Ebay that are still relatively low priced. The pricing isn't ideal but if you're desperate for them, they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom