• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Christ that was fast! Had it in my cart, had my address already filled, put in my CC info and hit Finish but was too late : (

20000 is on sale now. I was at the checkout process and decided not to go for it.

Whaaat? I would've bought that off of you! : (

omgkitty

I love how people always get mad/surprised when Mondo prints sell out in about 2-3 minutes and yet it happens literally once every week. You'd think people were used to it by now.

Christ that was fast! Had it in my cart, had my address already filled, put in my CC info and hit Finish but was too late : (

Whaaat? I would've bought that off of you! : (

Sorry, I didn't even think about it. I was at work in the middle of a call and just decided not to get it.

I love how people always get mad/surprised when Mondo prints sell out in about 2-3 minutes and yet it happens literally once every week. You'd think people were used to it by now.

IMO it adds to the experience and enjoyment of the ones you do get to purchase.

In general, I am a fan of tears.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry, I didn't even think about it. I was at work in the middle of a call and just decided not to get it.

In my experience, normal Mondo drops last at least 4-6 minutes (except for the really popular ones ex: Moss, Stout, etc). I guess I wasn't expecting this one to go so fast. The twitter timestamps are literally 2 minutes apart.

No worries, I might have to go the eBay route here. Hopefully they're closer to $150 and not $300.

omgkitty

I've got a page notifier set on Mondo's site that reloads about every 5 seconds so whenever Mondo gets updated, I get notified. Too bad Mondo hasn't made anything that I feel like I really need since probably Moss' Totoro (which I didn't get).

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a page notifier set on Mondo's site that reloads about every 5 seconds so whenever Mondo gets updated, I get notified. Too bad Mondo hasn't made anything that I feel like I really need since probably Moss' Totoro (which I didn't get).

I keep hearing about these things but I know nothing about them. Could you PM me a link with a quick explanation of how to set it up to do that?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I keep hearing about these things but I know nothing about them. Could you PM me a link with a quick explanation of how to set it up to do that?

If you're using Chrome, install the Page Monitor extension. It lets you use custom sounds, adjust page checking intervals, stuff like that.

omgkitty

If you're using Chrome, install the Page Monitor extension. It lets you use custom sounds, adjust page checking intervals, stuff like that.

Yeah pretty much what vitaminwateryum said. I use Page Monitor as well and I just set it to check every 5 seconds and whenever Mondo updates, it pops up a little notification in the corner of the screen and plays a sound. It will always run as long as Chrome is open, and you don't even have to have the webpage open. Also since Mondo doesn't normally push out the Twitter notification until a good minute or so after the new items are posted, you've got a really good shot of getting what you want.

It's probably for the best to wait a while before trying to buy one off ebay. Often the prices will come down after the initial bay storm. Stout's Khan was going for over 300 the first couple days and now you can get them at times for under 150. Unless it's an Olly, the prices don't usually sky rocket.

It's also funny to see how prices have fallen on certain ones like Bridesmaids after the initial sales rush.

Dreweyes

I have a design up on StealThisArt.com today!

Limited Edition Poster made by myself, only 100 exist!
This design will never be printed again!
Giclee on Matte Velvet Art Paper!
14" x 18"!
$30!

TeXOX.png

I have a design up on StealThisArt.com today!

Limited Edition Poster made by myself, only 100 exist!
This design will never be printed again!
Giclee on Matte Velvet Art Paper!
14" x 18"!
$30!

TeXOX.png

Hey, you're Drew Wise. You did the Game of Ice and Fire teefury shirt. It was pretty sweet. Do you plan to submit that to Steal this art too? Good luck with the sale today!

Dreweyes

Hey, you're Drew Wise. You did the Game of Ice and Fire teefury shirt. It was pretty sweet. Do you plan to submit that to Steal this art too? Good luck with the sale today!

Thanks! I dont think they do reprints from other sites, unfortunately. It would of sold well I'm sure on there though haha. Cheers!

Thanks! I dont think they do reprints from other sites, unfortunately. It would of sold well I'm sure on there though haha. Cheers!

You sure? Dave Perillo did a giclee print of his Dr. Who Teefury shirt on that site back in Feb. Maybe they weren't aware though.

Dreweyes

Not really a print, but coincidentally I also have a limited edition NES cartridge art piece up for sale at 72pins.com

Sorry for all the self promotion haha!
Starving artist!

7aOlq.png

This is really sharp, good luck! Not a big comics guy so it's not something I'd buy but it's impressive nonetheless.
Thanks!!

Drew, ur stuff is amazing. I have your game of thrones shirt. Literally the easiest decision of my life buying that shirt. Always promote ur stuff, ill def buy it.

Do you possibly have an email for people to contact you? Whether its about your new releases or possibly if you do anything on commission, please let me know .

Dreweyes

Drew, ur stuff is amazing. I have your game of thrones shirt. Literally the easiest decision of my life buying that shirt. Always promote ur stuff, ill def buy it.

Do you possibly have an email for people to contact you? Whether its about your new releases or possibly if you do anything on commission, please let me know .
Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail anytime :)
DrewPixel@gmail.com

Cheers!

Yay getting one of the new James Rheem Davis Nightmare on Elm Street prints. Always loved his first NOES poster he did, but was never able to get my hands on one, no matter the price. New one is quite excellent though and shares similarities to the original. Just glad he decided to revisit the movie! :)

6892962242_8ed3e3b32d_z.jpg

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
does mondo send out "shipping notices"? been a couple of days since I ordered and nothing.. :/ ?

If I remember correctly, it took my Totoro print over a month to ship, but yes they will notify you when the posters go out.

Meier

does mondo send out "shipping notices"? been a couple of days since I ordered and nothing.. :/ ?

Yeah, as 404Ender mentioned it can take awhile and get a bit nervewracking, but it's not uncommon for it to take 1-2 months to get your print after ordering. I honestly don't even remember getting a notification about when Totoro had shipped.. but they do tweet at a bare minimum when prints start to ship.

wtf? 1 month?? is it just chuck the stock in a tube and send it off? Its not like he's running the prints. nor like he's got a big inventory

wtf? 1 month?? is it just chuck the stock in a tube and send it off? Its not like he's running the prints. nor like he's got a big inventory

Sometimes they don't have these prints on hand yet and waiting for the final delivery from the printers. It's also a small operation of only a few guys and they got to send out hundreds of them.

Meier

Many times they're waiting on them to be printed. The company they use in Seattle seems to be used by quite a few different organizations so I imagine there is a bit of a waiting period on that end. On top of that, I'm sure not all of the prints come out as intended. I just got Hugo on Saturday since I bought it off eBay -- the original buyer got it the previous Friday so that had been about a month or more.

On a somewhat related note, I asked Mo (their CSR) at the Edgar Wright Live poster release and he mentioned that they actually only make a dollar or two on shipping because the tubes they use cost $7 each. If you get the new local pickup option here in Austin, it's free but you don't get a tube -- they just eat the shipping cost.

clip

So Tyler Stout is working on a Drive poster/print.

I need it bad GAF, but Stout prints are so hard to get :(

Meier

OT I realised yesterday that liams hemsworth is in CITW and he's also in snow white. and then in avengers.

overkill.

yuck

Well, in those cases it's actually Chris.. Liam's older brother. Liam has only been in a few movies although oddly enough, I feel like I remember reading that they originally wanted to cast him over Chris as Thor. CITW has been in the can for a long time though so his release schedule may not have looked as crowded if they'd released it when they initially planned to.

Well, in those cases it's actually Chris.. Liam's older brother. Liam has only been in a few movies although oddly enough, I feel like I remember reading that they originally wanted to cast him over Chris as Thor. CITW has been in the can for a long time though so his release schedule may not have looked as crowded if they'd released it when they initially planned to.

yup. yeah got the name wrong. I'm guesing Liam's the one in THG. but yeah; urgh at chris being in so many movies at the same time.

orioto

Good Art™
So usually i don't post here cause i'm not sure what i do is the kind of thing that poster buyers are looking for, but this time i have a limited sell so why not.

This one will be sold with 100 signed prints, on 24x16 inches mate Fujifilm DP II paper, at a nice french online art store.

Fixed, thx vitaminwateryum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom