• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/31/2013:

Iron Man 3 artist proof edition by Martin Ansin

Iron-Man-3---Standard1_zps3175b4fd.jpg~original

24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 53, and will cost $125.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ a random time.

Iron Man 3 Variant Artist Proof Edition by Martin Ansin

Iron-Man-3---Variant1_zps95ff110a.jpg~original

24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 30, and will cost $165.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ a random time.

Sushigod7

Hey guys how many of you buy anti reflective glass or plexi for your prints? I'm really getting annoyed by the reflections in my larger prints I just framed two yesterday it's really to much it seems like my man cave is full of mirrors now. I see on American Frame you can custom order plexi that is anti-reflective anyone use something like that, museum glass is pretty spendy.

Sigma722

From the pics I've seen, most anti-reflective plexi ends up softening the image enough that I personally wouldn't go for it.

I think when I get to ordering frames, I will probably just shoot for UV for the most part. For my major frame-ups... I'll probably have to splurge for museum :-/

Sushigod7

From the pics I've seen, most anti-reflective plexi ends up softening the image enough that I personally wouldn't go for it.

I think when I get to ordering frames, I will probably just shoot for UV for the most part. For my major frame-ups... I'll probably have to splurge for museum :-/

I read that about the plexi so thanks for the tip I'll avoid it, I'm starting to think it might be better to hold out on putting up anymore till I can afford to frame with museum. I really need to find a nice flat file so I can get these things stored I'm having trouble finding a decent priced one so thinking of building one.

Sushigod7

So how fast did the Return of the Jedi Perillo sell out? I was thinking about buying but had to leave for awhile missed it completely.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thanks didn't look under new stuff nice deal for people who landed some of these prices aren't bad.

great prices. About 100 dollar discount on the big Stouts (maybe 150 on the RD Variant). The RD / DJango regs are APs.

Drive letterpress and black keyes were slight discounts.

Z Series variants were never offered before and come with alien gold/silver variant handbill too, which were worth the price alone

Sushigod7

great prices. About 100 dollar discount on the big Stouts (maybe 150 on the RD Variant). The RD / DJango regs are APs.

Drive letterpress and black keyes were slight discounts.

Z Series variants were never offered before and come with alien gold/silver variant handbill too, which were worth the price alone

Did you end up snagging anything?

kaskade

I just missed getting mine delivered today. If they shipped it out a day earlier I would've gotten it. Already have my frame too.

Edit: Actually that was my Raid Soundtrack. I'll probably be getting both on Monday.

Meier

Bottleneck just sent out their email about Alice X. Zhang's show that opens Friday. She's one of my favorites.. I bought one of her Sherlock pieces as an iPhone case for my fiancee and frankly would be happy to buy pretty much everything she's done. Her talent is immense.

AliceXZhang.jpg

TheDarkKnight_alicexz.jpg

DjangoUnchained_alicexz.jpg

lupinko

Bottleneck just sent out their email about Alice X. Zhang's show that opens Friday. She's one of my favorites.. I bought one of her Sherlock pieces as an iPhone case for my fiancee and frankly would be happy to buy pretty much everything she's done. Her talent is immense.

I want that Pulp Fiction one.

rinemy

Banned
LOL I was focusing on the left side of the picture and was like "D3? I HATE IT", eyes scrolled over to the right and then my new reaction was "LoTR? I like!" :)

Sushigod7

Hey guys I've noticed some groups pool together and commission prints would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Durieux did the US to Europe Air print for a Facebook group which is a awesome print. I think we have plenty of people here who would throw in for a print right? Anyone else interested?

Trasher

Hey guys I've noticed some groups pool together and commission prints would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Durieux did the US to Europe Air print for a Facebook group which is a awesome print. I think we have plenty of people here who would throw in for a print right? Anyone else interested?

That would be pretty cool. I also enjoyed that commissioned piece Mark did not too long ago for Aliens.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

I'd be down.

Acid08

Banned
Mondo just announced a new print from Francavilla. Looks amazing.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/06/04/black-beetle-mondo-poster-print-francesco-francavilla/

Reg:
blackbeetleregular.jpg

Variant:
blackbeetlevariant.jpg

TITLE: The Black Beetle
ARITST: Francesco Francavilla
SIZE: 24" x 36"
EDITION: 225 (regular), 110 (variant)
PRICE: $55 (regular), $75 (variant)

Variant will be exclusive to Heroescon, while the regular will go online sometime.
Looks amazing, hope I can snag one. If anyone is interested this is a comic book and the art is as incredible as this poster is. Check it out.

Sigma722

And my axe.

My vote: Olly Moss Super Metroid/Metroid Prime, styled like his mario and zelda. Reg/variant in similar sizes to the existing ones. Variant goes to gaf. Reg to the rest of the world :)

Kalren

I would be in too. Sounds like a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom