• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sice337

Neo Member
Hey guys I've noticed some groups pool together and commission prints would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Durieux did the US to Europe Air print for a Facebook group which is a awesome print. I think we have plenty of people here who would throw in for a print right? Anyone else interested?

I'd definitely be in

IronRinn

Hey guys I've noticed some groups pool together and commission prints would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Durieux did the US to Europe Air print for a Facebook group which is a awesome print. I think we have plenty of people here who would throw in for a print right? Anyone else interested?

I would be down for this too also as well.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'd be in for a neogaf commissioned poster... Depending on cost and what the theme is. Wonder if it even needs to be licensed properly if we're just asking a guy to do x prints for x amount of money. Olly moss probably didnt need to license his Pokemon stuff right?

6/6/2013:

Knighty Knight Bugs by Tom Whalen

c70c0155074fd2b59b53e981_533x711.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Wizard of Oz by Tom Whalen

b57e5201662cb8c137d7c66f_533x800.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

rinemy

Banned
Pretty cool oz. yellow pyramid or yellow brick road?

Will probably go for it, price is steep for 18x24 but 11 color is no joke

rinemy

Banned
iam8bit's gallery show (opening tomorrow) is incredible!

You guys already seen Mark Englert's TMNT
Mark-Englert-Ninja-Turtles.jpg

Hand-Held Heroes By Aled Lewis [3 Color Pistachio Stock]
tumblr_mnxf9ie5gP1qbvj8yo1_500.jpg

960013_670441556305701_439486954_n.jpg

PCC's Castlevania / Ghouls n Ghosts
600201_575234309182826_266098631_n.jpg

943299_575234802516110_1977573063_n.jpg

Olly's Ski Free
Olly-Moss-Atari-Skiing.jpg

JC Richards Pitfall
JC-Richard-Pitfall.jpg

Meier

iam8bit's gallery show (opening tomorrow) is incredible!

You guys already seen Mark Englert's TMNT

Hand-Held Heroes By Aled Lewis [3 Color Pistachio Stock]
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fdfb0b1af66d4d26a03bda5221be9cc9/tumblr_mnxf9ie5gP1qbvj8yo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/960013_670441556305701_439486954_n.jpg[IMG]

PCC's Castlevania / Ghouls n Ghosts
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600201_575234309182826_266098631_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/943299_575234802516110_1977573063_n.jpg[IMG]

Olly's Ski Free
[URL="http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/172892/231381"]Found here[/URL] [EB link][/QUOTE]

Nice heads up! Love that Ski Free.. that's brilliant. Great game.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'd also be super down for a commissioned print.

Sushigod7

Oh man Ski Free what memories! Such a great show hope they put out a book again with the art work. Anyone going to the show since some of you are local?

Kerrinck

Oz sold out absurdly fast, Knight Knight Bugs still in stock though.

Had to pass on the Oz, it looks fantastic but I already have the Durieux version and I feel one is enough.

Sushigod7

So on the commission I have this list so far 16 total. I know I've talked to Florey about private commissions he is super cool. What are some artists who we would like to try? I know Moss would be awesome but he is pretty busy not sure he would have time for us. Durieux has done them I think he mentioned the recent one he did took awhile since he has been really busy. Actually everyone we like is busy but I'll start asking around if we can agree on a list of artists.

List:

Trasher
fallengorn
vitaminwateryum
listerfeend
Fletcher
deadbolt1388
Kerrinck
suplex
Sigma722
Captain Blood
Kalren
sice337
IronRinn
kaizoku
BaronLundi
Filthy Slug

rinemy

Banned
I will jump in to support a commissioned print Sushigod!

Also for Oz, I passed on it as well. In no demeaning way, with Whalen's style; I feel if you have one of his pieces you're set. And so far, in my opinion there hasn't been a piece that has rose above the others maybe a Charlie brown one but can't say one stands above the rest.

Putting that aside, if you do like Whalen's style Oz is one of the better ones to get. :)

IronRinn

I will jump in to support a commissioned print Sushigod!

Also for Oz, I passed on it as well. In no demeaning way, with Whalen's style; I feel if you have one of his pieces you're set. And so far, in my opinion there hasn't been a piece that has rose above the others maybe a Charlie brown one but can't say one stands above the rest.

Putting that aside, if you do like Whalen's style Oz is one of the better ones to get. :)

I get what you're saying. It does seem like he has more of a formula, for lack of a better phrase, than other artists though I wonder if that has more to do with his use of simple shapes. I really do like his Charlie Brown stuff, though, and I think his poster for Steamboat Willie is a classic.

So on the commission I have this list so far 16 total. I know I've talked to Florey about private commissions he is super cool. What are some artists who we would like to try? I know Moss would be awesome but he is pretty busy not sure he would have time for us. Durieux has done them I think he mentioned the recent one he did took awhile since he has been really busy. Actually everyone we like is busy but I'll start asking around if we can agree on a list of artists.

List:

Trasher
fallengorn
vitaminwateryum
listerfeend
Fletcher
deadbolt1388
Kerrinck
suplex
Sigma722
Captain Blood
Kalren
sice337
IronRinn
kaizoku
BaronLundi
Filthy Slug

Everyone prepared to wait a year :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm in.

you won't get Moss though. Durieux is expensive (3k at least just for his fee, maybe higher) and in demand, though he does put out a ton of work.

The higher-profile artists are really hard to get commissions with

rinemy

Banned
Everyone prepared to wait a year :)

Let's hope not.
Just to throw it out there I don't have specific preference for an artist or title. I should be Ok with other people want.
I'm in this because I want our small community to grow; not to only get more foot traffic here but to enable to us to more of these in the future.

And just wondering, would a GID commissioned piece cost more?

Sushigod7

I'm in depending on sub/artist.

I feel as gaffers we should do a videogame print though.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing especially since everyone would only want with specific subject matter. I'm cool with waiting a year.

edit: That Dark Souls knight by Eng is crazy good. I'd go for that lol.

I know this is an odd request but I'm teaching my first 5th grade classroom and looking for suggestions for a print or two I can hang in my classroom. I want to create a inviting environment that shows the students that we are going to not only learn but have a fun time doing it. Any suggestions? It can't have anything to do with death or guns :(

Trasher

I know this is an odd request but I'm teaching my first 5th grade classroom and looking for suggestions for a print or two I can hang in my classroom. I want to create a inviting environment that shows the students that we are going to not only learn but have a fun time doing it. Any suggestions? It can't have anything to do with death or guns :(

Sounds like you need some Whalen/Perillo prints.

Sushigod7

What are you teaching? Maybe we can help you find something that is on the same subject.

Thanks Fallengorn. I saw some prints of his on Gallery Nucleus's site. Wish I could get one of his signed pieces.

Sushigod7: I'm a homeroom, general ed teacher so I do all subjects (reading, math, science, social studies).

MG310

Thanks, bought the Lost in Translation one. So much for not buying anything until NYCC :D

That Mark Englert TMNT one makes me smile while at the same time making 5 year old me very very angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom